Two Sided

By taekook-trasheu

•|Complete- Fully Revised|• "Is that your phone in your pants or are you excited to see me, hyung?" "Pistol... More

Chpt 1
Info for you
Chpt 2
Chpt 3
Chpt 4
Chpt 5
Chpt 6
Chpt 8
Chpt 9
Chpt 10
Chpt 11
Chapter 12
Chpt 13
Chpt 14
Chpt 15
Chpt 16
Chpt 17
Chpt 18
Chpt 19
Chpt 20
Chpt 21
Chpt 22
Chpt 23
Chpt 24
Chpt 25
Chpter 26
Chpt 27
Chpt 28
Chpt 29
Chpt 30
Chpt 31
Chpt 32
Chpt 33
Chpt 34
Chpt 35
Chpt 36
Chpt 37
Chpt 38
Chpt 39
Chpt 40
Chpt 41
Chpt 42
Inner World
chpt 43
Chpt 44
Chpt 45
Nothing really ends, Chpt 46
Epilogue
Special Hidden Chapter

Chpt 7

4.3K 213 56
By taekook-trasheu

|Revised|

Noise.

Noise.

And more noise was all that he could hear. 

Not distinct sound or noise, but just white noise. Annoying noise. Noise that made him want to rip his ears off and sow the gaping hole closed. And that noise wasn't even anything that bad. It was just voices. Voices that sounded like white noise.

Noise that irritated the shit out of him.

His eyes flicked to the dark haired male to his right, watching him stare into his wine glass, avoiding any interaction with him. Jimin, on the other hand, wouldn't stop talking, trying to explain to him how the dancer on stage looked like Jungkook, even though he didn't.

His primary purpose was conflicting with how his mind and conscience were thinking.

They were acting out on pure emotions, resulting in him trying to come out and take over, distancing himself from the bunny boy and signing off on his tracker that he killed him, even though he didn't.

Namjoon would be doing that now. When Namjoon offered to take his hit he thought the male was crazy. Especially since he knew he was a close friend to Jungkook.

If anything, he was surprised that Namjoon had even spoken to him after what had happened.

Everyone knew Joon was heavily against killing anything and tried his hardest to busy his schedule so he didn't have to take hits. He'd rather work himself to death than kill a living thing.

He thought that maybe BigHit reassigned it but they never did that. Not to him, no. They never interfered with Kim Taehyung it his other half when he was in the middle of a task. So maybe Namjoon really just disliked the brat and decided he'd take it? Or maybe he didn't know who the target was.

It didn't matter to him anymore, though. Namjoon would kill him and he would get his 94th, the last one before the last task of the year. And, boy, was he relieved. He had been busy with tasks and touring all year, he just wanted a break more than anything.

And he got one, for a week or two about two damn years ago when he and Jimin decided to read fan mail for the first time.

And it was the first time he read through some rather than acting like he did and throwing them away. That's when a particular letter caught his light brown eyes.

A letter that was apparently from someone who was shy and timid, or at least it was the impression he got while reading the letter. It was from a fan that wasn't crazed over him, that didn't ask him an obscene question or ask where he lived. It was a heartfelt letter that showed their support for the other.

And, for a while after that day he would find himself  glancing at the name on the letter, smiling to himself. It was the only letter he didn't throw out or seem disgusted by. 'Jungkook'. He'd repeat the name in his head a couple of times, wondering what the fan looked like, if it were a male or female, if they really cared as much as they described in the letter. It made him curious.

Then, suddenly, he got a call from work years later. Another task was sent his way and the only information he had was that it was a male who worked at a coffee shop near the library and classiest hotel. He got to work right away and as if fate pulled them together, he met Jungkook.

The cute bunny. 

At first, he thought it would be easy to take out the bratty adult. It didn't seem hard at all, he just needed to get him alone.

But he never could. He was either working, with Namjoon or at home sleeping.

Throughout the days of getting to know him, he learned that his name, was in fact, Jungkook and that last part put two and two together and, oh the irony, his target ended up being the fan he was intrigued in.

He told himself it wasn't a big deal, why would it be? He never had a problem with killing, close to him or not, so he was wondering why his mind was trying to make excuses. Well, he knew why his brain was conflicted. Knew why his two separate thoughts and emotions were being torn.

He decided to avoid him until those weird feelings in his stomach went away, just giving him enough time to push him further into that black hole, to make their job easier because he couldn't even have an ill thought about Jungkook when he was near, even when Jungkook would call him names and put up a tough guy act.

It made him wonder. Was he making this hard because he wanted Jungkook dead or was it to get back at him for forcing him back even longer than agreed upon?

Taehyung glanced over at Jimin who was stretching now, pointing at the stage. "Aish...Jin danced better than the kid up there.. I wonder where Jackson got him from."

"Even though you guys literally kill for a living I think what Jackson does is worse," Jaebum sighed, rubbing his face. "Your company kills and mine takes broke kids and turns them into....that."

"Don't forget you're starting to kill, too," Jimin hummed. "You keep acting as if we're bad but you've been a killing machine for two years now."

Jaebum only snorted and scrunched up his nose as Jimin continued to speak. 

"Is that how SJ got caught up in this stuff?" Jimin asked, looking his way. Jaebum shook his head and picked the flint from his pants.

"No. Jin started doing this stuff like..four years ago I think. Against his will, of course."

"Why would they force him? Four years ago he was an adult. I thought you guys only took in lost kids?" Jimin questioned quietly, looking unsure of the information Jaebum was giving him.

"JYP tried taking something of his for their benefit but I guess Jin traded himself in because whatever they were trying to get, Jin wasn't having it. So, almost as a 'sorry but it's either you have me or I'll fuck your company in the ass' kinda thing."

Jaebum looked back at Taehyung. "Seokjin acts tough but he really isn't. He acts all high and mighty but once you know how to get to him...well, let's just say you've won once you take away what he cares about most. Everyone says he'd be a mess. I think that's the main reason JYP didn't mess with him when he wouldn't grant them their wish. Like..why would they be so afraid to accept his offer rather than take it by force? They have enough power to do it. I just don't get why they're so interested in him. He's a poor fag, if anything."

"Seeing how he treats Yoongi hyung kinda makes my skin crawl... he seems rude to him but I know it's playful. Tae, how did you manage to kill his friend, by the way. The kid he worked with. That Jungkook kid. I'm surprised he hasn't set out to murder you."

Jaebum raised a brow. "His friend?"

"Yeah. His recent hit was some kid that was really close to Jin. I've been anticipating Jin jumping Taehyung. Oh! Imagine if RM had gotten that kill. He would've if he didn't start making his mixtape. Jin would have no problem killing him. Then, ya know, BigHit would have to file a lawsuit and all that so I'm thankful he didn't, even though I'm not close with him. Plus, I don't think he'd be able to carry it out unless his life depended on it, ya know? He hates killing. And to add a friend to that?"

"He was RM's friend? Oh. You mean that bunny?" Jaebum asked, causing Taehyung to visibly flinch. Jaebum quirked a brow and grabbed a water bottle from the cooler next to him, unscrewing the cap and taking a quick sip.

"I met him once when I had to rush to get coffee. I was almost late to a fan meet because of that brat. Gave me lip but was also sweet. Started blushing like crazy when I called him bunny."

Taehyung balled his fists again and looked to the side to avoid Jaebum seeing his angered face. Dammit, why the fuck are you so bothered by it?!. He held himself from slapping his head in frustration. He thought that after a week of not being near Jungkook that the effect would wear off but he was horribly mistaken.

If anything he felt more anxious.

Why the fuck does it piss me off? Why are you making this so much harder than it is, stop making me feel so much anger! 

"... RM has a thing tonight, right? Said he was meeting a friend or his task tonight?" Jaebum rubbed his chin. "Why the fuck would he be meeting his friend tonight? It's nearly one...he left at 12... His friend is either nocturnal or doesn't care about sleep. Unless he got unlucky and got his friend as well...I heard it's happened to Yoongi a couple of times."

"Well. he said it's his task. So it could be either, right? He didn't say he was going to kill them he just said he was meeting up with his task. Knowing Joon, he doesn't know any of his targets on a personal level," Jimin explained. "So...maybe it's not someone he knows?"

Taehyung, on the other hand, was in his world yet still listening to their conversation. Part of him was happy the job would be done and over with and he could move on from these uneasy feelings and carry on with his life and another part of him felt overwhelmed and irresponsible.

Jungkook was young and was trying to better his life. To earn money so he could get back into college. So he could actually become something. Was it fair to end it so quickly?

Why would you care? He's some kid we've known for less than a month. But he's also the only fan that has ever respected us, hasn't been all over us and not once asked about our bank account. Maybe that was a big difference. 

If Jungkook wasn't the fan who sent the mail, Taehyung would've already gotten rid of him.

Right?

He agreed with Jimin. Seokjin would become a monster if anything had happened to him. He was an actual mama bear to the younger one and, from what Taehyung had noticed while keeping a close eye on them both, was that neither had friends, other than Namjoon. Jin didn't speak to relatives or family members and he didn't have any friends.

Same went for Jungkook.

He knew Kook wasn't on good terms with his parents due to his slight eavesdropping on their second encounter and Jungkook told him multiple times how he only had Jin and Namjoon, despite a couple of acquaintances.

Luckily, Namjoon didn't have it in him to kill Taehyung. He couldn't even raise his voice at the younger, how could he even raise a finger to him? But...if what Namjoon told him was true, then Namjoon would for sure go through with it.

"I need your paper work on your current task."

"Well, hello to you too-"

"I'm not here to converse. Just give me the file."

"Why do you need it?"

"I'm going to kill him since it's taking you too long," Namjoon replied, glancing at the file in the blonde's hands. The other blinked uncertainly.

"What? You're going to...kill? Is that even like you?"

"Cut the act and just give me it," he replied sternly, holding his hand out to grab it. "I don't have time for this, -"

"I'm not T-"

When Namjoon he snatched the file, it caught the other off guard. He was gruff. Not compliant, and eyes set on his own deeds.

Then, the thought sunk in and he froze.

If Namjoon killed Jungkook, the mission would be complete.

But Jin would eventually find out.

Namjoon would be mentally scarred and would probably quit even though his contract still had time on it. Namjoon wouldn't be able to work anymore and would probably be sent to a hospital because of his mental state for killing someone close to him. Someone who he thought as a younger brother.

And even though the two weren't on good terms, or even humane terms, he still didn't want the other to hurt. Not in that way. Not in a way the blonde was familiar with years ago.

Because that pain was a pain that stayed and dragged you along the glass road ahead of him.

If Namjoon killed him...

He'd never hear Jungkook again.

Never see him.

Never touch him.

And it would result in the blonde never seeing Namjoon smile again. Never hear his genuine laugh, or even see the other look at him without hate. He'd blame him for having to kill.

The company probably contacted Namjoon since he wasn't doing anything and told him he had to kill that target...they probably threatened him with something that was inhumane.

"If it's a task, RM will probably just lure the poor bastard in. We all know how he is with words. Trusting and caring and such a gentleman," Jaebum's voice flooded back into the blonde's head. "No one in their right mind would reject him. Knowing him he'd take them out with a swift bullet to the temple."

There was a quick burst of wind as the blonde disappeared, quickly scurrying away from the two, hearing Jimin call after him.

He wouldn't let that happen.

He couldn't even if he wanted to.

It was like his body was contradicting every thought that ran through his mind whether it was telling him to stop or telling him to go faster.

He wouldn't let him stop moving.

And he was confused as to which mind was controlling his actions.

He pushed through the crowd of dancing bodies, trying to think of where Namjoon could've met up with Jungkook. Nowhere visible yet nowhere too sketchy. He knew the older well enough to have a few guesses as to where would take him, but Namjoon thought everywhere he took a person should be considered special.

So he'd take Jungkook to locations that would be nowhere near the ones the blonde would think of.

Instead of heading to the exit he pushed through to the opposite way that led to the dressing rooms. With a swift kick, the door swung open, revealing multiple men and women getting ready for their turns to dance for customers.

Some looked at him seductively before realizing who he was, only to quickly look away and mumble whispers to each other. The strong smell hit the blonde hard and he felt light headed by the fragrances of colognes and perfumes.

There, in the corner sitting on a small couch dressed in ripped jeans and a baggy dress shirt, was Jin, scrolling through his phone. His cheeks were rosy from blush hand his lips were imperceptibly darker.

"Seokjin."

Jin groaned. "Oh my god, you newbie, that's not my fucking name! It SJ- Taehyung?" he questioned, tilting his head to the side as he watched the blonde man strut to him, leaning close and grabbing a handful of his shirt. "What the fuck is wrong with you-"

"Don't start yelling at me because I need to know something important! So don't bring your stupid honorifics into this." The blonde pulled Jin to his feet, tugging him out the back door. The remaining people murmured and whispered about the scene that quickly happened in front of them, some only following to the door to peek at what was going on in front of them. Some, you could tell, were quite confused about whether or not it was a kidnapping or a guest.

Jin followed, mouth hanging open. He didn't know Taehyung came to places like this. He knew Namjoon and his idol rapper friends did but this kid?

He expected the idol to go somewhere even more private than the Red Line. or at least thought he had better taste than to sit around watching men get boners from people dancing a few feet in front of them. But, when Jin saw them approach a vehicle, he roughly pulled his hand free, scoffing in disbelief. "Excuse me, I'm not some whore you can just pick up, you talentless fool!"

"I'm not picking you up and could you not yell? Jesus christ...." the blonde walked to him again and reached for his wrist but his hand was swatted away instantly and Jin looked at him with nothing but pure disgust.

"What is your deal? You say you aren't picking me up but you clearly are! And what's with you disappearing on my poor kookie, huh? What's that about? You know how distraught he's been about you just leaving him? He thinks he's worthless or uninteresting now but he's kinda used to it because everyone like you that meets him fucking leaves- not that I mind. You should just fucking say something before leaving without a trace-"

"Dammit, Jin, shut your mouth! Listen to me for the last fucking time or I'll knock you out and leave you in the back for horny old bastards to fine. Do I make myself clear?"

"That's a first, I didn't think Kim Taehyung could raise his petite voice at people," Jin stared sarcastically as he took a few steps back. "Pft. You? Do that to me? Listen, short stuff, I-"

Jin's body jerked violently and he ended up on the floor, holding his stomach as he coughed and gagged until some blood dripped from his parted lips. The wriggled his fingers, slightly cramping from the harsh punch to Jin's gut, his body almost not use to the physical contact. Squatting down and rubbing his back with his free hand, he sighed, "Believe me now? I don't want to hurt you again so just fucking listen, okay?"

Jin just nodded, groaning in pain as Taehyung stood him up and helped him to the car, opening the passenger side and setting him down. He squatted down again, looking up at Jin and waiting for him to recover enough to talk. After a few minutes, Jin nodded again, signaling he was ready. "What...what the fuck do you need, Kim?"

"I need help with finding someone."

"Do I look like a damn investigator?'

"It's Jungkook. He's in danger."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 18.3K 43
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
115K 5.7K 54
(y/n) (l/n) a girl who was born in the modern world who somewhat ends up in the taisho era of demon slayer. Her sassiness and eccentric attitude capt...
246K 7.9K 56
When he denied his own baby calling her a cheater. "This baby is not mine." But why god planned them to meet again? "I would like you to transfer in...
1.1M 44.7K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...