Another Broken Girl

By Hopeless_Fangirl

"Why do you keep running away?" WARNING: CONTAINS SENSITIVE TOPICS More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Epilogue

Chapter 33

1.3K 41 0
By Hopeless_Fangirl

Ali's POV

"Are you sure about this?" Jay asks.

"Not completely, but I feel like they aren't lying to me." I answer really thinking about it.Jay texted me last night asking if he can walk me to work, and of course I said yes. I told him about my decision and what happened yesterday, but I didn't tell him about what happened with Luke.

"Well, you remember what happened with Regan right?" Jay asks.

"No need to remind me, thank you." I say shuddering at the thought.

"You're not having feelings for that guy are you?" Jay asks after a couple of minutes of silence.

"Not you too," I sigh, "No, I don't."

"Good."

Once I left the horrible party I ran back home and texted Jay to come over right away. After taking a very long shower I told Jay everything. The next day Jay went over to Ryan's house to beat the shit out of him.

"See you later." I say once we reach the restaurant.

"See you." he says waving while walking backwards.Once I enter the girls are already cleaning the tables. I nod at them biding them a good morning and go into the locker room to quickly put my things inside my locker. Since the girls are about done with the tables, I go into the kitchen.

"Any help needed?" I ask walking up to Hunter.

"You can help wash the dishes." he says while soaping a few dishes himself.

"Sure thing." I say taking as much as I can.

"Why don't you ask me if I need help?" Randy asks.

"Because you look about done." I laugh.

"Does this look done to you?" Randy asks pointing at his very messy station.I laugh a little then start to wash the dishes. We wash in silence and I begin to hum out of bad habit.

"Do you sing?" he asks.

"Oh, no. Well yeah, but not really." I say stuttering over words.

"Can I hear?" he asks chuckling at me.

"Maybe one day." I say looking down at the sink.I finish washing the dishes and go back to the tables. There's a couple of people in my section so I quickly go over to help them.

"Hi, I'm Ali your waitress for today. May I start you with something to drink?" I repeat the same line I say to every customer.

"Um, I'll have orange juice. What do you want honey?" the lady asks the man in front of her. They're both probably in their 20's and I assume that he's the boyfriend.

"I'll have the same." he says glancing at me for a second then back at the menu.

"Ok, I will bring that to you guys right away." I say walking away from the table. They seem like a nice couple. A bit boring, but nice.

I glance over to the girl again and can't help to feel a bit jealous. She looks well put together and neat. She has blonde hair put into a ponytail without missing one single stand. She wears a light purple button up cardigan, of course buttoned to the top, and a white tank top so you don't see any cleavage.Before I walk back to her table I tug at my clothing attempting to look more, well, like her. After a lot of tugging I retie my hair making sure I don't miss a strand. I glance once again at the beautiful lady and slowly walk over to her table.

"Here's your drinks." I say with a smile putting their drinks in front of them.

"Do you know what you'd like to order?"

"Um, I'll have the strawberry pancakes." she says looking over the menu once more. She does seem like she would like strawberry pancakes.

"And for you Sir?" I ask looking over to the man in front of her.

"I'll have the pecan waffle." he says giving me his menu. What a boring man.

"Excuse me, Ali?" The beautiful lady asks.

"Yes?" I ask with my most proper voice.

"If you don't mind me asking this, how old you are?" she asks.

"17, turning 18 in December." I say not really knowing why she's asking.

"Why are you working this early in the morning? I never had a job at your age." she asks leaning her elbows on the table and clasping her hands together.

"Rachel, I don't think that's a question you should ask." the man warns her.

"Oh my, I'm sorry. I just get curious a lot." she says looking a little embarrassed.

"It's ok, and I work so I can pay rent." I say trying to save her from further embarrassment.

"You live alone?" She asks. It's like she's from a whole different world. Like she's exploring a jungle or something. I don't know if I should be flattered or insulted.

"Rachel." the man says once again in a warning tone.

"Oh goodness. I'm sorry." she says once again.

"If you don't mind me asking, are you in college?" I ask without thinking.

"Yeah, third year actually. Me and Darren here go to the same college." she says putting her hand on top of his on the table.

"Wow. I've always dreamed about college." I sigh.

"Do you have a college in mind?" she asks. The man looks up at me with interest filling his eyes now listening to our conversation.

"Me? Oh, no. I'm not going to college." I say shaking my head lightly.

"Why not?" Darren asks. I start to feel embarrassed all of a sudden. I must look like a fool right now. Like a low classed citizen. Which I am, but I don't like to feel like one.

"Well, college is expensive." I say reminding them about the payment.

"Oh, yeah." they both say at the same time. They're probably rich so they don't have to think about it. Another reason for me to feel bad about myself.

Soon after that I go back to the kitchen to tell Randy their order. There isn't a lot of people filling in today, but we still have a pretty full house.

"Hey, are you looking for someone?" Grace asks catching me glance at the door every so often.

"Oh, yeah. Just some of my friends said they'd pass by." I say shrugging and continue to fill a cup with juice.

"Ah, don't worry. They'll be here." she says putting her hand on my shoulder with me just nodding in response.

I look at the door once more after hours and can't help but think that they won't come. They most likely forgot. I'm not mad or anything, but I guess I'm just a bit disappointed that they didn't come. It is getting pretty late and we are serving dinner already.

"Are those your friends?" Grace asks after about thirty minutes.I look over to the front door to see a bunch of people enter. I smile catching sight of one of their faces.

"Yeah." I say with a smile appearing on my face.

"Ali!" Skylar squealed along with Jess and Andy following behind her running towards me.

"You guys actually came." I say hugging all three of them.

"Of course! We're not letting you slip away this time!" Jess says.

"Ok, ok let me seat you guys." I say with the smile not leaving my face.I lead them to one of our big booths since there is seven of them. I give them all menus and ask them what they'd like to drink like I always do for other customers.

"That's quite a big group of friends." Ashely says as I fill up all the cups.

"Yeah. They're all a hand full." I chuckle with Ashely doing so as well.Since there isn't a lot of people here I decide to bring a seat over and chat with them. Grace, Becca, Tracey and Ashely didn't seem to mind at all.

"So, we're going to the zoo tomorrow. Want to come?" Ashton asks.

"Oh my god! You should go!" Skylar squeals jumping up and down happily in her seat.

"Um, sure. I don't have anything planed tomorrow." I say.

"It's going to be so much fun! What's your favorite part of zoos?" Jess asks.

"Well, I never been to a zoo before." I admit.

"Wait, what?" Calum asks.

"I never had the time." I say feeling embarrassed now. I guess they all been to zoos before.

"That's crazy," Michael says, "we're going to make your first experience the best."

"Yeah." Luke speaks up for the first time. I look towards him and he gives me a smile.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 86 25
"you wouldn't want to touch me." "why?" "because you'll die." [first book of the 5sos/xmen short story series]
6.2K 64 18
there really isn't much to explain :) enjoy& I'm sorry its short but yea lol
149K 4.6K 27
Luke Hemming (5SOS)