Renee's River | √

By lolalovessprite

"Does he know your name?" "Nope," I shook my head. "But hey, it was like love at first sight," I said dreamil... More

Aesthetics + Playlist
intro
1. clothe stores & idiots
3. logan & doritos
4. layers & creativity
5. new friendships & milkshakes
6. good impressions & cooling rooms
7. names & strange feelings
8. dunkin donuts & complicated science
9. embarrassing moments & frustrations
10. cancelled dates and hangouts
11. smoothies and hot names
12. threats & company
13. stolen ideas & giddy feelings
14. apologies & new developments
15. art galleries & interpretations
16. red velvet & sisters
17. confusions & bail outs
18. short tests & realizations
19. celebrations & first kisses
20. midnight talks and heart breaks
21. tears & second steps
22. spoiled plans & wings
23. promises & distances
24. annoyances and reconsiderations
25. ditched parties and third steps
26. instructions (filler)
27. progress & excitements
28. helpful workers & working plans
29. mom talks & rude girlfriends
30. board posts & unexpected texts
31. reunions & explanations
32. bad lies & clueless best friends
33. innuendos & fast bonds
34. sick days & sweet guys
35. surprises & needed visits
36. models & tics
37. ride backs & deep talks
38. unexpected meetings & bold moves
39. invitations & disappointments
40. more invitations & morning rides
please read
41. last straws & confessions
42. first trials & sugary turnouts
43. birthday parties & more introductions
44. queries & revealed secrets
45. revelations & explanations
46. appearances & sweet evenings
47. banters & games
48. wins & rebels
49. forgotten birthdays & proper apologies
50. finished works & more meetings
51. birthdays & surprises
52. celebrations & gratitude
53. spent money & more gifts
54. reconciliations & break ups
55. family dinners & familiarities
56. bad moods & assurances
57. sick boyfriends & naps
58. party plans & busy weeks
59. apologies & dress fittings
60. late nights & little lies
61. unveilings & sweet endings
Renée's River + spin-off
i know you're waiting. i love you❤
Teaching Noah
Tara: A Baker's Adventure

2. spoilt dinners & résumés

10.5K 432 151
By lolalovessprite

❝No, they don't speak our language.
They say we're too savage.
No, no. We don't give a—anymore.❞
- Jack & Jack, Rise.

"Took you guys long enough," Tanner said the moment Kaleb and I burst in through the door in fits of laughter.

"I blame Rae," Kaleb said in defense, "She got hungry like two times and did all she could to get her money back."

"You should have known," Tanner chuckled and I smiled proudly as Tanner continued, "Well, good thing you're back now. Dinner's almost ready," he took his seat on the high stool in the kitchen, picking up his phone which laid on the counter.

I sniffed then grinned widely, "I smell meatloaf and," I placed emphasis on the word, "Mac and cheese! Can I have mine as soon as it's ready?"

"No, you can't," Tanner didn't look up from his phone and Kaleb laughed and walked to the refrigerator to take a bottle of water out.

"Why not?" I rolled my eyes at Tanner who was too busy texting on his phone.

"Because Kendall is coming over," he looked at me as he said the words because he knew just how horrified I would be.

"Fudge, no!" I literally screamed and Kaleb laughed louder.

Kendall was Tanner's girlfriend and for reasons still unknown to me, I didn't like her one bit. Maybe it was that voice of hers. Maybe it was because I'd expected that Tanner and his girlfriend, Zee, would stay together. He and Zee had dated up till the previous year but broke up due to reasons Tanner didn't tell me. Kendall wasn't anything like Zee. To me, she was somewhat spoilt.

Tanner didn't seem fazed by the way I yelled. He simply kept texting away.

"Why would you tell her to come over, Tanner?" I walked to where he sat.

"Why not? She's my girlfriend," he looked away from his phone.

"I don't like her," I said curtly.

"You aren't the one dating her, are you?" Tanner raised an eyebrow at me, and I looked over to Kaleb who leaned on the counter, watching me and Tanner.

"In other words, get yourself a boyfriend," Kaleb said annoyingly and I rolled my eyes at him.

"Okay, all joking aside. Kendall isn't bad. I think she's friendly and hot," he smiled slyly at Tanner who glared at him, sticking his middle finger up at him.

"Then, will you stay for dinner, please?" I looked up at him.

"I would, but I'm taking Sydney out, remember?"

"Ugh, yes. I don't get it," I threw my hands in the air, "Why are you two surrounded by girls I don't like?"

"You'll be fine, Rae," he gave me a tight hug and kissed my forehead. "I have to go now. Be happy. Love you."

"Sure. Have fun," I said dryly, watching he and Tanner do a hand shake before he walked out of the house. I sighed, drooping in my seat and Tanner turned to the steaming pot on the gas cooker, opening it, "You know, it'll  mean a lot if you try being nice to Kendall."

"Well, I've tried. The last time I did, you saw what happened. I got melted chocolate in her hair. I don't like her, Tanner."

"You don't have a reason why you don't."

"It's natural," I shrugged.

"You know, she's pretty amazing."

"So was Zee," I said under my breath, but I knew he heard me because his facial expression changed and his shoulders sagged. "And I know you miss her, so I don't know what you're doing with Kendall."

And with that, I left the kitchen and went to my room.

*****

"I still don't understand how you've been on holidays for almost three months and are just doing your homework, sorry, homeworks, when school resumes in two days," Tanner mildly scolded me that same evening.

"At least I'm getting it done, isn't that the important thing?" I grinned, knowing that will annoy him more as I sipped on a Caprisun.

He shook his head before going on to ramble about how he has warned me not to wait till the eleventh hour before getting stuff done.

The doorbell rang shortly after and Tanner who now sat on the recliner in the living room on a phone call, stood to go open the door.

"Hey babe," I heard him say and I groaned a little too loudly, knowing Kendall had arrived. I couldn't make out what she said back but she walked ahead of him into the living room as Tanner was still on the phone.

"Renée," she smiled at me. "How are you?"

I felt Tanner's eyes on me so I faked a smile at her, "I'm great," and then I packed my books from the table and left because even faking the smile was hard. 

I dropped my books on my bed and made to head back for dinner which I wasn't anticipating anymore when my phone vibrated, indicating I had a text message.

It was one from Kaleb and it was a picture of him grinning widely as he captioned it,

Have fun tonight.

I couldn't help but let out a low chuckle as I typed back.

*I really want to punch you sometimes*

I threw my long black hair over my shoulder as I made my way out of the room. But the time I was back at the dining table, I was met by a sight that made me facepalm.

Tanner and his girlfriend were in a heated kiss and I wanted to bang my head against the wall repeatedly.

"Uh, can we eat now?" I asked as I took my seat.

When I saw they didn't stop, I cleared my throat and they didn't stop either. Oh Lord. So, I took my plate and dropped it hard on the table and that caused them to pull away.

"Renée," I heard Tanner call sternly.

"Sorry, I called for you guys like twice and you didn't hear me."

Beside Tanner, Kendall flushed as she tucked her hair behind her ear before asking, "So Renée, when do you go back to school?"

"Monday," I didn't look at her as I took a spoon of my food into my mouth.

"How prepared are you?" She asked me, a light smile on her face and I shrugged, "I'm prepared all right," and Tanner shot me a 'you were just doing your homework now' look with a smile.

"How are you, babe?" Tanner looked at her. "How's work going?"

She nodded, "It's fine. I had to move out of my office for a while because they're renovating."

She worked in a publishing company or something like that.

"Yeah? How comfortable is that?" Tanner asked while I remained focused on my food.

"Not really comfortable," she shrugged. "But I have to manage. By the the end of the week, I should be moving back. Plus, I don't have to be seated in the same place I moved to. These days I'm up showing the new part-time workers and interns around."

"Well, that's also a good thing, and speaking of part-time workers, I honestly think Renée should get a job."

"Wait, what?" I stared up at my brother blankly.

"You need to get a job. A place where you can work part-time," he told me.

"Why do I need to?"

"For work experience in your résumé. I see younger people walk into Sony for jobs these days but they're let go because they have no work experience to work in a place like that."

I frowned, "But I don't have plans to work there, besides you didn't need one to work there."

"Sweetie, that was years ago. Things have changed."

"Uh, no thanks," I shook my head.

"Hey, there's this really cute bakery just minutes away from here. I think that'll be a great place for you to work," Kendall smiled and I rolled my eyes before looking at her, "This was a conversation between me and my brother."

"Renée!" Tanner glared at me, then looked at Kendall immediately who ate silently, pink on her cheeks. "I think the bakery would be a great place for you. It's just going to be part-time. You don't have to do it everyday."

I didn't say anything back to him, I just picked at my food and ate in silence.

*****

A job at a bakery.

Thanks to Kendall. Tanner's super girlfriend.

It wasn't that I didn't want to work, I just didn't see it coming. I wasn't prepared. I wasn't sure of how I'd balance schoolwork with working now.

I wanted to scream and I picked up my phone to call Kaleb when I remembered he was out with his girlfriend too. I groaned.

As I lay in bed to sleep later that night, Tanner appeared by the door, leaning against the frame, "Can we talk?" He asked and I let out a breath and sat up as I nodded.

He walked to my bed and sat, looking at me. "I'm not happy about how you spoke to Kendall earlier," he said lowly.

"I'm sorry," I countered.

"Sometimes I'd rather you just don't say anything at all. She's literally done nothing wrong to you," he paused. "And about the job, I know what you're thinking."

He always knew.

"I know you have school, but let's see how this goes? After your first week, if it's stressing you out, you'll stop. How about that? You'll still have a work experience, except it'll be for a week," he laughed and I joined him.

"So, are we good?" He asked and I nodded, a smile on my face.

"Perfect," he ruffled my hair before kissing the top of my head.

A/N: Shocked to see that Tanner and Mackenzie broke up? What do you think happened between them?

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow me!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

197 8 8
"What makes you laugh ? Do you think I won't dare to do it ?" I immediately stopped. Was she joking ? It had to be a joke...right ? There's no chanc...
198K 8.1K 31
Holly Is 25 years old and own a bakery,she has two friends Lizzie and Julie who she also employ. She doesn't appeal to men at 5ft she has a belly...
317K 12.7K 39
She picked up some item from the shelf and was about to turn away when I suddenly said "Don't buy that" I don't know why the hell I said that. I don'...
82.7K 3K 15
❝Thank you so much, what's your name?❞ The handsome dark brown haired guy who finally notices me asks. ❝I'm just the girl at the bakery.❞ I...