Almost Lover (Harry Styles)...

By Posh777

Ava McCain An aspiring song writer living in London with a secret past. Harry Styles A famous singer who mak... More

Cast & Story Info
Chapter 1: This is what I was born to do
Chapter 2: Hair or Tattoos
Chapter 3: Everybody Hurts Sometimes
Chapter 4: No Harm Love
Chapter 5: Literally Frozen
Chapter 6: Opportunity Knocks
Chapter 7: Memory Lane & Text Messages
Chapter 8: Change Your Life
Chapter 9: Lover-Boy
Chapter 10: Wrecking Ball
Chapter 11: Barfights and "Goodnight"s
Chapter 12: Saturday Hangover
Chapter 13: Sunday Brunch
Chapter 14: Friends
Chapter 15: "Goodbye London."
Chapter 16: Falling
Chapter 17: A Confession and A Wager
Chapter 18: Evening the Score
Chapter 19: Let Her Go
Chapter 20: "Stop Thinking."
Chapter 21: "Not a Chance."
Chapter 22: The Not So Great Escape
Chapter 23: Inspiration and Pub Brawls
Chapter 24: When I Was Your Man
Chapter 25: Karaoke and A Huge Step Forward
Chapter 26: Text Messages and Twitter Pics
Chapter 27: Soundcheck Revenge and CPR
Chapter 28: "We sort of have company."
Chapter 29: A Not So Good Start
Chapter 30: The Truth
Chapter 31: Breakfast and....
Chapter 32: "It was bloody amazing."
Chapter 33: Toasts and Secrets
Chapter 34: "I Love Cereal."
Chapter 35: No Going Back
Chapter 36: "Tell me."
Chapter 37: "Keep going."
Chapter 38: She was Right
Chapter 39: Words of Wisdom
Chapter 40: Sheet Music and Shaving Cream
Chapter 41: Hiking
Chapter 42: "I dont know."
Chapter 43: The Plan
Chapter 44: Waiting
Chapter 45: "I want revenge."
Chapter 46: Heartbreak All Over Again
Chapter 47: "You know."
Chapter 48: "Over."
Chapter 49: Jokes Laughs and Racing Hearts
Chapter 50: Love Looking Back
Chapter 51: Love The Way You Lie
Chapter 52: Fan-girling and Extra Pressure
Chapter 53: Lies and Bets
Chapter 54: Testing Testing
Chapter 55: To Do or Not to Do That is the Question.
Chapter 56: "Okay."
Chapter 57: "I'll stay with you every night."
Chapter 58: Halo
Chapter 59: Secret Plans
Chapter 60: Friday
Chapter 61: "I'm with Kelsey Worthington."
Chapter 62: "You need to go. Now."
Chapter 63: Estates Holdings and Threats
Chapter 65: Stalker or Romantic?
Chapter 66: Tweets
Chapter 67: Making Plans and Saying Sorry
Chapter 68: Surprise After Surprise
Chapter 69: A Bad Day
Chapter 70: "I am afraid."
Chapter 71: Images
Chapter 72: Whatever It Takes
Chapter 73: "It's called love."
Chapter 74: A Night Out
Chapter 75: "I'm Yours."
Chapter 76: "I'll go get him."
Chapter 77: Wise Advice or a Drunken Rant?
Chapter 78: Signing Shopping and Sighing
Chapter 79: A Perfect Dress and A Decision?
Chapter 80: Girl's Night or Plans?
Chapter 81: "A french saying."
Chapter 82: A Secret
Chapter 83: A Beautiful Dress a Present and a Castle
Chapter 84: Three Words
Chapter 85: "What did you do?"
Chapter 86: "Make me not feel anything."
Chapter 87: Heartbreak and a Text Message
Chapter 88: "Let me go."
Chapter 89: A Punch in the Face and A Plane Ride
Chapter 90: I can move on.
Sequel: All of Me

Chapter 64: Emotional

16.5K 487 99
By Posh777

-Ava's POV-

A little over twelve hours later we are walking off the plane at Schiphol, the international airport in Amsterdam. I decided to go first class on the way back so I actually feel rested instead of ready to fall over in need of sleep.

The second we walk out of the gate we are surrounded by numerous teenage girls. Someone must have found out that Harry was on the flight and tweeted it.

I take a step back, making way for the girls to get pictures with him.

"Oh my God what is it like dating him!?" A tall girl squeals beside me, drooling over Harry. I can't blame her. He looks amazing today, in a plain black tee and his ripped black jeans. He has a bandana pulling his hair back and his raybans on. Ugh, now I'm drooling.

"Uhhhh, we are just friends." I smile at her.

"Yeah, and Zayn's jawline couldn't cut glass either." She rolls her eyes at me.

I laugh at her remark. Sometimes it can be a bit much having to deal with the boy's crazier fans, but most of them are really awesome. And I love how well the boys treat them all.

I take a swig of the red bull I'm carrying as another shorter girl turns to me.

"So how big is he really?!"

I choke on my drink, spitting it out across the floor. Harry looks over at me concerned and I'm sure my cheeks are a crimson shade of red. The girls laugh as I wipe my mouth and shake my head at them.

Harry comes over to us, putting his hand on the small of my back, "You okay love?"

"Oh she's fine," The shorter girl states, "She was just telling us how great is it being your girlfriend."

"Really!?" He looks down at me, a huge smile overtaking his face. I don't have a chance to say a word before he puts his free hand around my neck, pulling me to him and pressing his lips against my own.

"Oh my god, I knew it!!" Several of the girls gasp and scream.

Harry pulls away from me, still smiling. Confusion overtakes his face as he notices the shocked look spread across mine.

"So Ava, in answer to my previous question..." The short girl smirks at me.

"I'm going to hail a taxi." I blurt out, quickly turning and walking towards the airport doors.

Well there goes keeping things between us private for now, I think as I head outside and throw my hand up in the air to call a taxi. I don't really know how I thought we were ever going to be able to, Harry's fans are basically little detectives. Nothing gets past them. And now there's going to be more pictures out there to prove it. I know several flashes went off as he was kissing me. An no doubt, there is a video already been uploaded onto the net of the whole incident.

I sigh as a taxi pulls up. The driver jumps out and pops the trunk, taking my bag and putting it inside. I let him know we are waiting on someone as I slide into the back seat. A few minutes later I hear a bag being dropped into the truck before it's shut. Harry opens the back door and slides in next to me.

"We are going to the Andaz." Harry instructs the driver, letting him know the name of our hotel.

I look over at Harry to see him smirking at me, "So I'm guessing you weren't talking about how wonderful it is to be my girlfriend."

I shake my head, "Your fans are quite sneaky you know."

"They love me like that." He smiles, "So you aren't upset are you?"

"Of course not. You didn't know she was making that up."

"So then we are official now?" He raises his eyebrows at me.

"Let's just leave it what it is for now okay?" I answer, praying he doesn't make a deal out of this.

"And what is it exactly?" He asks, raising his voice.

"God Harry, I don't know.. You seem to forget this all really just started between us."

"No it didn't." He defends our relationship, "This is fucking ridiculous Ava."

It's sweet that this means so much to him, but I'm so stressed out over the threats from my parents that I can't deal with anything else right now. The more public we take this the more serious they are going to think we are, and the more they will hurt Harry to try to hurt me. But I can't tell him that. He will just shoot the thought down like its nothing, when I know it's far from that.

I sigh in relief as we pull up to our hotel. Harry grabs our bags out of the trunk and drops mine to the ground in front of me. Well thanks for being such a gentleman I think as I follow him inside.

Harry puts a fake smile on his face for the man at the front desk.

"How may I help you sir?"

"I need one room for this evening only.... Oh wait, let me find out if my GIRLFRIEND would like her own room." He turns to me, "Sweety, would you like to stay with me or would like to pretend we aren't together and get your own room?"

I shake my head at his sickeningly sweet tone.

"Of course I don't want my own room." I say quietly.

He narrows his eyes at me before turning back to the desk, "Well there's a first time for everything."

I feel hurt and anger all at once. My weekend has already been total shit without having to deal with this. I lost the one woman who ever really cared for me. Basically the woman I viewed as a mother. And I'm so close to the point of cracking already without this added on.

I do feel terrible that I can't commit myself to him yet, but I think my past experiences have earned me the right to be a little wary of entering into any relationship. I don't say a word as I turn and head for the door, slinging my bag over my shoulder.

I walk outside and start heading down the street, trying to figure out what I'm going to do. I pull out my phone and quickly send a text.

To Liam: Please tell me you are back in Amsterdam.

~Yeah, just arrived this am.

To Liam: Thank god. I just flew in. My weekend has been horrible and I'm in need of a rescue at the moment.

~Well good thing you texted Batman then ;) Where are you? I'm in the car now, I'll come pick you up.

I text him the address and hit send as I feel a hand on my shoulder.

"Save it." I spit, without even turning around.

"Come back to the hotel. I didn't get you your own bloody room." Harry says, turning me to face him, "Don't be so emotional."

I can't help it as I burst into tears. Why am I always crying around him!? I hate crying in front of anyone. And now here I am, out on the street, crying my eyes out.

Harry looks shocked as I fall apart in front of him.

I keep my voice low, so no one else can hear me, speaking in between my silent sobs, "Don't be so emotional? You do realize I just lost my mother basically right? Being in New York alone was hard enough for me, every building I see in that city reminds me of something I've been trying for months to forget. And to top it all off, I am blatently reminded how much my own parents hate me. And has it slipped your mind that this is just weeks after I am attacked in my hotel room by my ex husband who took it upon himself to remind me of the one thing he took from me that I can never EVER get back?"

Harry opens his mouth to speak, but no words come out. I can see the hurt in his eyes. He knows he's fucked up.

I shake my head at him as I continue, "So I'm sorry if I don't care about making this 'official' right now. And I'm sorry if that hurts your feelings. Making an announcement to the world that we are 'boyfriend and girlfriend' doesn't really mean shit to me right now. I know what we are and I know how much you mean to me, which is everything. You mean everything to me Harry. But right now I'm dealing with a mountain load of anxiety and pain from my entire fucking horrible past being thrown back in my face. So please excuse me for being emotional. I'll remember in the future to not bother you about any of it."

Harry's eyes are red as I quickly turn around, finding Liam standing a few feet away from us. Great! Just great! By the look on his face I know he heard everything.

"Can we go please?" I ask, wiping my eyes under my sunglasses.

He nods and a worried expression takes over his face as he looks past me to Harry. I hate getting him involved in this. I was hoping he could just pick me up without even seeing Harry.

"I totally understand if you would rather me not go with you. I'll just call a cab."

"No," He takes my bag from my hand, "You aren't leaving here alone."

Liam opens up the door of his range rover for me and I slide in. He throws my bag in the backseat before climbing in behind the steering wheel.

I don't look back as we pull away from the curb and head down the street.

_________________

A/N: If you are enjoying the story, please vote! I spend hours and hours writing this and it only takes a second. It would mean so much to me and to getting my story out there! Thanks!! ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

195K 5.9K 50
When the love in her life turns sour, independent, headstrong Bailey Duncan shuts that part of her life down completely, focusing only on her future...
144K 1.6K 43
Blake was your typical average girl. Until she meets Harry Styles of course. Blake has trust issues for all the right reasons. Can Harry break throug...
29.3K 442 36
Chloe Green is an intern for one of the biggest magazines in the entire world. Her first job? Write a full profile story on Harry Styles. The catch...
404K 11K 43
a story of a man who becomes hopelessly in love with a woman that thinks his intentions are nothing but that. [A Dramatic Romance Alternate Universe...