A Pause In a Rewind

By EchoEarly

Like any simple person, a young lad named Perry lives a completely normal teenage life. However, he discovers... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter I : Beginning Of Time
Chapter II : A Rewind
Chapter III : The Watch
Chapter IV : Juncture
Chapter V : Countdown
Chapter VI : Ticking
Chapter VII : Moment
Chapter VIII : Chime

Chapter IX : The Order

33 0 0
By EchoEarly

On the night after the disaster, the three of them sat on a bench outside the hospital. Perry seems to be busy trying to contact his parents. At the distance, two figures appear running towards Nil.

"Mom! Uncle!" Nil shouts as she was approached. She hugs them tightly and cries. The family got emotional while Oliver and Perry sit calmly watching over them. Oliver just sat mutely as his diamond-like eyes sparkle with tears.

"What a lovely family, right, Perry?" Oliver said to the lad. Perry then approached the three and gave his regards. He knelt down to their level and puts his hand on Nil's back and comforts her.

Nil's mother and uncle confronted Perry and asked about why they were in the park. Perry and Nil explained everything to them. However, Nil quite bent the story and didn't include the part of the story where they hold each other together. Perry just blushed as he hears Nil talk it out.

"This is quite embarrassing. I should distance myself a bit," Perry whispered to himself. His hand slowly moves away from Nil and he stands up tall and walks away with a farewell.

Right before Perry leaves the family to themselves, Nil's mother called to him. He thanked Perry for keeping her daughter safe. She nods and Perry stutters as he says, "Y-You're...w-welcome, ma'am."

Perry then proceeded to sit beside Oliver. Oliver chuckled and stared at the lad. "What a great way to be introduced to your crush's parents," Oliver jokingly said. Perry was flustered and hit Oliver by the shoulder. He snickered and laughs it off. Oliver puts his hand on Perry's back and pats him.

As things settle down, a figure in a black hoodie walks by the hospital. He watches over the three and gives a grim stare. He checks the time with his own pocket watch and moves on.

He goes walking to the busy cold streets and whistles with his mouth covered by a mask. A symbol of Roman numerals is sewn on the mask. A mark of number seven. A mark that takes heed on everything.

He walks past a few blocks and proceeded to go to an alley. There he met two men standing by the shadows of the evening. They stepped forward and they recognized the figure.

They spoke to him, "Boss. Lovely evening, right?" as they approach the person under the hood. "What are we gonna do next, Seven?" One of the men said. The three of them took off their hoods and revealed their faces. The one marked with a seven reveals his brown hair to the cold wind.

He looks around and scoffs. "You two only had one job. And it is to get that rogue back to where he belongs...and still, you failed me once again. What a waste," the marked with a seven said with anger.

The two bowed their head as they disappointed the boy. The lad approached one of them. He raised his pocket watch to one of the man's scarred face. "Do you know the consequences of failing?" He asks the man with a threatening glare.

The man only knelt down and opened his chest. A mechanism is attached to his chest which has gears and cogs. The boy twisted the pocket watch he holds and the gears of the man crumble. He cries in pain, yet he muffles his screams. "For the order," he chants as he gets punished.

Later then, the three of them leave with nothing left behind. Walking past civilians, they wore their hoods on and proceeded to vanish from sight. Wandering towards a place.

Far from the city, near the outskirts of the urban environment they went. On the slums past the busy roads, they've arrived. An old barren mansion resides on an island. They took a boat from one of the slum's fishermen and brought them there.

As they stepped out of the boat, the one marked with a seven raises his pocket watch and reverses the time. The fisherman was caught in the reverse and he was pulled back to the slums as where he was earlier. One of the men said, "How long are you gonna keep on doing that to the people?" The boy just shrugged and told him, "As long as we, the order, needed to."

The three proceeded to enter the mansion and hid from the outside world. Seeking shelter in the ruins of a home. Tattered by time and left with nothing but a place of memories.

The three proceeded to go inside deeper in the mansion. They went up a staircase and the creaking noise echoes through the empty void.

The three figure under the hood had upon then a huge door. Sprayed with words saying "Keep Out!" They continued to enter and a huge room was revealed to them. People wearing hoods in dark attires stared at the three and they all bowed to them as they walk.

"Quite the majestic beauty of the evening, am I right, Leonardo?" A figure in a chair calls to the arriving three. "Please, it was barely fun. Only the fire lit up my night," the boy said as he removes his mask.

"Oh and please, don't call me Leonardo you bit-" the boy added, yet he didn't finish his sentence. He clears his throat and looks upon the menacing eyes of a lady turning her chair towards him. "Call me as Leon, mistress Elaine," he humbly speaks.

*Chattering*

"I love it when you get feisty," the lady sarcastically speaks as she walks down from her chair. "Speaking of feisty, have you seen that boy from earlier?" She asks as she moves around the boy.

"How's your investigation on the boy? On...Pe...Per...Whatever his name may be," she asks as she strokes her hand around the boy. The boy scoffs and turns towards the lady. He rolled his eyes and steps away from her.

"The boy sucks though. His name was Perry by the way. He seems to be learning to wield one of the Kairosratso. It also rests inside a pocket watch," The boy said as he pulls out his own pocket watch.

"The bad thing is, his Kairosratso has bonded to him. He was connected to the Chronosratso. I bet he is about the same age as I am. So it seems he also has the Chronos sickness," the boy explains as he walks around.

The two men that accompanied him earlier looked at each other. The boy glanced back and sighs. The lady just chuckled and stepped towards the troubled boy.

"Don't worry about that, Leon. He's still learning, so you have the advantage. However, we still have bigger problems. The rogue..., get him," the lady said as she leaves the room.

The boy sat down and he puts his pals into his mouth. He murmurs and his eyes watch around the room. The two men approached him and sat beside the worried lad. "You okay, boss?" One of the men with a scarred face said. The lad nods and clears his throat.

As they rest inside the deserted mansion, the boy keeps on thinking about his mission. "Everything must be done. The order of the time lords won't let things get out of hand. We, the order, must place everything back in their right time," Leon said. As they reside, things with Perry back at the hospital are still being discussed.

*Slam*

A car door closes as Perry's parents exit a taxi. Perry gulps and laughs nervously as Mr. and Mrs. Harris walks towards him with a grim stare.

Perry's mother pinched his ears and scolds him. Loud enough that Nil and Oliver just frowned in silence. Nil' uncle approached Perry's mother. "Mrs. Harris, was it? It is an unusual way to meet you and your family. I'm the uncle of your son's friend," Nil's uncle said.

Perry squirms as he rubs his ears
His parents introduced themselves to Nil's mother and uncle. Nil just laughs with watery eyes as she stands beside Perry.
Nil's uncle notices the two kids getting along and told Perry's parents about something.

"Boy, your son was so brave tonight to save my niece. If you don't mind, I can...make those two...get well together," Nil's uncle said with a chuckle. Both families laughed, yet Perry and Nil just tolerate the joke.

Nil kicks his uncle by the knee and jokingly flicks him. She then sat down beside Perry and murmurs. "Easy there, young lady. I'm sure your uncle's just joking...you two...are just friends, right?" Perry's dad added.

Nil just nods and looks at Perry. As she glances on him, Perry was all red. "Oh...youth," both Nil and Perry's mother said. They all had a great chatter and almost forgot about the incident that has happened.

While the two families get to know each other and show their concerns, Perry looks around and finds that Oliver is gone. He stands up and walks slowly to find him. He sighs as he watches the cold breezy night envelops the sky.

*Ting*

When he gets back to his seat, his phone notified him of a message. He checks it and it was sent by Oliver from his social media account. He reads it, "Perry, no time to explain everything tonight. Maybe some time. Thanks again"

Perry just smiled and looks to Nil. He approached her and sat beside her holding his drawing book on his hands. He grabbed a piece of paper from his  drawing book. Some ashes from the incident earlier fall off to the chills of the air.

He leans back and grabs Nil by the hand hidden from their family's sight. He whispered to Nil. "What a night," he said as he stands up and lets her hand go.

Perry then went to his parents. Nil was flustered and checks his hand. Perry gave her a note that reads, Take time, Take the moment,"  Nil just snickered and sighs jokingly.

----- Hand Struck to X -----

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

415 5 1
Dea Price is a runaway- or rather she was a runaway. When her mother's rants about the man who lived behind the mirror and who would one day come for...
298 97 13
In a land of mystery, a land of magic but yet every one shiver when a certain person decent,they hide, they cry and some die, a land where every soul...
1.5K 109 27
Sam's life just took a turn for the worst. Her parents died in a car crash and now she's being sent to live with an aunt and cousin she's never met b...
0 0 5
A young boy thunder stricken in quite a literal way, settles off in odd heroic adventures, perhaps he will learn about the different secrets within t...