What Becomes of the Broken He...

Por raevynsagale

Tainted by her past, Amelia Roberts has struggled through a life of beatings and being raped by her step fath... Mais

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Prom Night(part 1)-chapter 28
Prom Night(part 2) Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Graduation
Epilogue

Chapter 21

7.9K 335 20
Por raevynsagale

We get in and he starts the car. 

"Wait." i said. 

"What?"

"I have to bring my car." I said. 

"I'll send Shane to come get it." He says. Oh. Okay. 

I sit back and buckle my seat. He pulls out of the driveway and we're off to his house. Mia's still asleep. Jeez that girl sleeps like a bear. I turn back around and stare out the window. I feel Ethan's hand on my leg and i put mine over his, but my gaze never leaves the window. I guess it was a good idea that she was at Liza's. The guy or whoever it was, could have easily taken her when she got her clothes. I shake my head. If anything happened to her.....But something doesn't add up. He breaks into my room and leaves through Mia's. And he trashes my room, looking for something maybe? But for what? It doesn't make any sense. I should have checked Aunt Helen's room to see if they'd gotten in hers too. And Mya's. 

The drive was silent. We pulled up onto the driveway of his big house. Next to his car was a black audi. Me and Ethan got out and he grabbed my bag from his trunk and i grabbed Mia. I shut the door and we walked up the pathway to his door. 

"Would your parents mind?" I asked, hesitant. This is really rude. And so not me. 

He opened the door and gestured for me to go in. I stepped in, Mia in my arms. I looked around is house. Wow. To my right was the living room and to my left was a dining room and there was another doorway in there. It must be the kitchen. There were big stairs in front of me. It went up a few steps and then curved to the left and then up. Jeez. The walls were white and the floor was wood. Shining wood. The ceiling was high and there was a chandelier. Fancy. Past the stairs was a walkway from one end to another. Probably to the kitchen and somewhere else. I looked back at the living room and there was a grand piano. Lovely. 

"Wow." I said, looking around again. I turned to him. He was conceited, good looking, and not surprisingly rich. 

"I know." He murmured. 

"Oh she's here." I hear a woman squeal. I turn around and Ethan groans lowly. A brunette haired woman, my size but Aunt Helen's age comes from the dining room, wearing a silver silky robe. She has a light grey streak in her hair. She smiles warmly at me and then hugs me, even though i'm carrying Mia. Okay. I return the hug surprised. She releases me, a warm smile still on her face. 

"Hello my dear. I'm Ethan's mother, Jane. Its so nice to finally meet you. Excuse my attire." She says kindly. I smile at her war welcome. 

"Mrs.Dekard. Its nice to meet you too. And its fine." I said politely. 

"Nonsense. Call me Jane sweetie. Ethan called me and told me what happened and it's fine with me. You can stay here as long as you want." I raise my eyebrows, surprised. He called her? When? "Its a good thing you weren't home. You could have been hurt or something." She says, concern only a mother would have, fills her voice. 

"Thank you. I apologize. I don't mean to intrude..Jane." I said apologetically. 

"Oh stop." She say and puts an arm around me. She turns back. "Ethan dear, go and put Amelia's things in the guest bedroom. Lets sit." She says and leads me to the living room. I hear Ethan shuffle up the stairs as i take a seat on the tan leathered couch. The living room is big. On the wall behind me, is a big book case. A bunch of books are stacked side by side. Another couch faces the fire place. And the piano is near the corner facing the window. Theres a glass coffee table and it looks so delicate. 

Mia moves her face to the crook of my neck and i feel her breathing on me. I rub her back gently. 

"Is this little Mia?" Jane asks. 

I smile. "The one and only." 

She smiles. "She's so beautiful. Rachel always talks about her and Emily." 

"That's funny, Because she talks about Rachel and Emily." 

"Would you like to put her down in the guest bedroom?" She offers. 

Before i answer Ethan comes in. "I got her." He says, coming my way. 

"You sure?" I ask. He nods and takes her from me. Mia wraps her arms around Ethan's neck and lays her head on his shoulder. He goes up the stairs. I turn back to Jane. 

"Would like some tea dear?" She asks kindly. 

"That would be lovely, thank you." I said. She smile and pats my hand gently then gets up and excuses herself to the kitchen. I got up and walked to the piano. I stood and let my fingers skim the keys. I thought about playing it but it looked like no one had touched it, just kept it clean. 

"You can play it if you want." I heard someone say behind me. I jumped and turned on my heels. It was Ethan. He was right behind me. I slapped his chest and he laughed. 

"Stop doing that! Jeez. You scared me." I said, a hand at my chest. He chuckled. 

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to." He said, pulling me to him. He wrapped his arms around my waist. "How are you doing?" He asked. 

"Aside from the fact that someone broke into my house, i'm fine." I said. He gave me a look. i sigh. "Okay, maybe i'ma little scared." I admit. He hugged me to him. 

"Now you don't have to be. Your here with me. Safe." He said, kissing my hair. 

"Music to my ears." I mumbled. I could hear his heart beat. It was a lovely sound. 

"Mom in the room. PG-13 please." I heard Jane say. I smile and let go of him. He shifted to my left but kept an arm around my waist. She came in with a tray. On it was a little tea pot, a saucer with tea bags and a little cup and then a bigger cup, steam coming out of it. She set it down on the table and sat down. Ethan took my hand and we walked to the couch across from Jane and sat down. I made my tea quietly and put in my sugar and then drank it. 

"Thank you." I said politely. 

"Your welcome sweetie." She says. We sit in an awkward silence for a moment. "Your much beautifuler in person." 

"Oh. Thank you." I smile. Did she see me in a picture or something? I was confused.

"I showed my mom the picture of us today at the beach." Ethan answered my silent question. Freaky. 

"Oh." Was all i said. I forgot he took pictures of us on his phone too. I yawn. I look at my watch. Its 10:40. Jeez time flies. I shake my head and put the tea down. I rub my eyes. 

"Tired?" Ethan guessed. I look at him with sleepy eyes and nod. 

"Well lets get you up to bed." He says and stands, pulling me with him. 

I look at Jane. "Thank you again for the tea. And for letting us stay here." I said. She smiles a warm smile. 

"Its no trouble dear. I've been dying to meet you anyways." She gives Ethan a look. I look at him and he flushes. Hmm. 

We said goodnight to her and then walked up the stairs. When we finally make it up, he shows me to the guest bedroom. Its bigger than me and Mia's room put together. The window outlooks the street and the driveway. The bed is a queen sized bed, white blankets and sheets and fluffy pillows. Mia's tucked in and sleeping still. There is a dresser by the door and a small closet. There is a night stand by the bed and a smaller dresser on the other side. Its pretty. The walls are painted lime green with white trimmings. 

"So this is the guest room." Ethan said. 

I take a seat down on the bed, kicking off my shoes. "Thanks." I said. I yawn again. Ethan smiles. 

"I'll let you get some rest. See you in the morning." He said, leaning down to kiss my forehead. 

"Do you mind if i shower Mia in the morning?" I asked. 

"No go right ahead an help yourself. Make yourself at home." He smiles. He walks to the door and then turns around. "If you need anything, my rooms next to this one. And the bathroom is on your right." He says. I nod and smile. 

He closes the door and i'm left alone. I get up and change into my Pj shorts and tank top. When im done, i switch off the light and then hop in under the covers with Mia and i try and sleep away this freaky night. 

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

1.2K 12 23
I walked down the hallway quickly as I tried to get to class. Suddenly, a hand was classed over my mouth and I was pulled into a dark closet. I kicke...
171 4 8
Princess Amelia has been silent for ten years, ever since Amelia and Ava were kidnapped. One returned home the other did not. Amelia has always kept...
103 15 15
In the heart of New York City, danger lurks in the shadows of wealth and privilege. When 25-year-old heiress, Amelia Reynolds, finds herself tangled...
1.6M 57.8K 30
Ingrid Rodríguez A 20-year-old girl who knows almost to nothing of the outside world. Her strict parents made her see what they wanted her to see. T...