The World Through Her Eyes (M...

By psycho_smooch

Mantis: *struggles against Peter* Y-YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF!!!! I THOUGHT YOU WERE A NICE MAN BUT I... More

Intro
Prologue
Granny
Bus Breakdown
Dressing With Desire
Severe Sundae
Inner Beauty
Backstory Bruises
Friend Fiasco
Movie Madness
Beach Breakaway
Carnival Catastrophe
Rampage
Goodbye Lullaby
Ethereal Alien
Epilogue

The Monster

1.3K 59 0
By psycho_smooch

Day 6, Week 2

$$$

*Peter and Mantis are back at his flat*

Mantis: *sitting on his bed thinking about what happened at the Amusement Park and Liz's presence in Peter's mind*

Peter: *comes into the room* I brought ice cream *sits down beside her*

Mantis: *smiles weakly at him* Thank you *sadly digs into the ice cream*

Peter: Listen, Mantis *turns her face to his* Don't think about what that a-hole said to you earlier, ok? None of it was true. He was just trying to get into your head.

Mantis: I know that. But did you see the way he looked at me? Before I pacified him, I could also sense something else: Fear. He was just afraid of me.

Peter: But that doesn't mean he can go on saying sh*t to you like that!

Mantis: But it wasn't just him. Liz also thought I was a monster. In fact, everyone did. I could see it in their eyes. Maybe they're right. Maybe they're smart to fear me.

Peter: Who cares what they think?! You're not what they say about you. Believe me, I know. When you comforted that little girl when no one else did; when you showed Empathy to that Registration Lady two nights ago.

Mantis: But how did you know about that?!

Peter: You'd be surprised at how good my hearing is. Anyways, the point is, You're not a monster, Mantis. Nobody else might know that, but I do.

Mantis: How?? You have seen the strange things I do, what I can do.

Peter: The world is full of strange stuff! Trust me. I've recently met a Wizard, resurrected from death and fought off against Purple Barney, and that all happened a month ago! How does the comments of a few people change the way I feel about you??

Mantis: Wait, what?? *perks up at the last sentence*

Peter: *realising what he just said* Uhh, I mean--hypothetically speaking, what I feel about our friendship. That's all *trying to talk his way out of the situation*

Mantis: Right, of course ... *becomes quiet and sad*

Peter: Are you ok?

Mantis: Huh? Oh yes, I'm alright. Thank you for helping me feel better of myself.

Peter: No problem. Could you help me finish the ice cream? It's kind of already melted *holds up ice cream bowl*

Mantis: Sure! At least then you can take me to the Hop-Spittle if I get another brain-freeze.

Peter: It's actually pronounced "hospital"--

Mantis: *no longer listening and is eating instead*

Peter: Ok then ... *starts eating ice cream with her*

$$$

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.4K 1.1K 13
- This is going to consist primarily of one shots each story being a different universe within the multiverse. - I don't have an updating schedule. I...
117K 3.6K 35
"I MAY NOT BE A SUPERHERO, BUT I CAN STILL KICK YOUR ASS." In which Stephen Strange's (ex?) girlfriend joins him in space on a flying do...
73.8K 1.4K 9
So I love Marvel, and Rocket is honesty my fave, so I made a fanfic for you guys. Warnings for smut in the last chapter, but you can just leave that...
22.5K 513 1
Peter didn't think his day would get any worse. And yet he was proven wrong once again. Peter and his Chemistry Class take a field trip to SI, where...