Two Sided

By taekook-trasheu

•|Complete- Fully Revised|• "Is that your phone in your pants or are you excited to see me, hyung?" "Pistol... More

Chpt 1
Info for you
Chpt 2
Chpt 3
Chpt 4
Chpt 6
Chpt 7
Chpt 8
Chpt 9
Chpt 10
Chpt 11
Chapter 12
Chpt 13
Chpt 14
Chpt 15
Chpt 16
Chpt 17
Chpt 18
Chpt 19
Chpt 20
Chpt 21
Chpt 22
Chpt 23
Chpt 24
Chpt 25
Chpter 26
Chpt 27
Chpt 28
Chpt 29
Chpt 30
Chpt 31
Chpt 32
Chpt 33
Chpt 34
Chpt 35
Chpt 36
Chpt 37
Chpt 38
Chpt 39
Chpt 40
Chpt 41
Chpt 42
Inner World
chpt 43
Chpt 44
Chpt 45
Nothing really ends, Chpt 46
Epilogue
Special Hidden Chapter

Chpt 5

7K 248 155
By taekook-trasheu

•Revised•

"Excuse me, Mr. Kim, but here's your breakfast."

"Oh! Thank you very much.." Namjoon smiled sweetly at the nurse who bowed before walking out of the room, closing the door behind her. He stared down at the plate of yogurt, two sandwiches, and apple juice. Multiple neatly folded napkins were next to the juice, slightly covering the small sticky note.

He frowned, opening it and scanning it slowly, reading over it a few times before crumbling it with a growl, glaring at the platter in front of him and slapping it off, causing it to fall to the ground.

A nurse came running in, gasping. Namjoon smiled shyly, hands gripping the sheets. "I'm so sorry...I went to get up to use the bathroom and it fell..."

She got down and started to clean it quickly, giggling. "It's fine, Mr. Kim, but you shouldn't be walking in the first place. Do you still need to go to the bathroom?"

"No, I'm fine, now.."

"Okay." She stood up and bowed. "I'll get you another plate. I'll be back shortly."

Namjoon watched as she walked away again, his smile disappearing and turning into a frown, reaching behind him where another letter was, opening it and reading it for the ninth time that week.

Kim Namjoon.

I've noticed It's been awhile since you've been at work. I've already explained to you and your manager what your contract entitles at BigHit Entertainment and to stay you must fulfill the tasks handed to you.

You..know what will happen if you don't tend to your duties as an idol-rapper, so, please. I don't want anyone to take this the wrong way, especially you, so please know I'm not threatening you. I would never threaten you.

Ever.

But please. They're looking for you...I wouldn't be surprised if Jackson showed up later this week. He has connections and you can't hide forever...

So, as advice, I highly recommend that once you get back and are fully healed, leave BH and join another agency that's not associate with them, or their wide spreading law.

There's an underground group that won't hold you accountable for the sinful acts that are forced on you now. Please. I beg you to leave. If you don't know, Jackson will never let you leave.

For your safety and others.

..

...

.....

From reports about your injuries, you should be fine enough to work. Please reply as soon as you can.

I can only hold their questioning back for so long....so please hurry.

Sincerely, J.H.

Namjoon sighed and closed it, placing it behind him between the pillow and his back, leaning his head back and staring at the ceiling. As much as he wanted to stay he knew he needed to leave and get back to work to keep up his end of the contract, for his safety. But why did he advise him to do it so others wouldn't get hurt? That was definitely not in the contract.

And seeing as how the new letter he got moments ago was a threat, he had no choice but to believe him. "I'll call him later to check me out since they won't let me go," he muttered to himself, the sticky note still crumpled in his hand. His head shot up and he looked at the door as two men entered, one slightly taller than the other.

"Joon-hyung! I'm glad you're awake. I thought you'd be sleeping. Jin-hyung told me when he stopped by last night you were already past out."

Only because of all these pills they've recently been shoving down my throat. "I was tired yesterday. Remembering things is never not tiring. It takes a lot out of you."

"That reminds me, have you remembered anything?" Jungkook asked, walking next to Namjoon, smiling, the male next to him following him.

Namjoon's eyes left Jungkook and went to the blonde male, making each other stare the other down, eyes boring into each other's souls. Kim Taehyung. He saw how his stare wasn't some random, friendly stare, but one full of malice and regret. But regret what? For doing what he did?

Oh don't play dumb, you know why he told himself as he smiled at Jungkook. Namjoon wasn't going to hold a grudge against him for it because he knew their contracts were the same. He knew he had to in order to keep his reputation. But just because he understood didn't mean he was very fond of him.

Because they were the two people who shouldn't have had something like that against them. He should've denied it and quit. Namjoon would've. So why didn't he? Why did he go through with it?

"...No. Nothing at all. There's still a big piece missing and it's...driving me insane like I just got off of a roller coaster after a good nap. I'm confused more than ever."

"Awe..I'm sure things will come. Don't worry, yeah?" Jungkook reached into his pocket and pulled out a lollipop, holding it out towards Namjoon. "I remember you saying how much you liked them. After we stopped by Taehyung's place so he could get changed we stopped at a convenience store before coming here so I thought I'd get you one."

Namjoon took the lollipop and smiled, his dimples instantly captivating Jungkook. He then popped it into his mouth and looked over at Taehyung, who was staring at his other hand which was balled into a fist with the hidden note.

Namjoon moved the hand to act like he was going to run his fingers through his hair, pushing his hand back and dropping the note behind him and out of sight.

"I'm glad you two stopped by."

"Oh! I feel fucking stupid," jungkook mumbled, throwing a thumb towards taehyung. "I hope you don't mind I brought him along. He was going to walk me to work but I decided to stop first since I didn't see you last night."

"Ah. I was about to ask what business you have with Taehyung-ah," Namjoon said, looking away and towards the window. "I was a little confused.."

"Yeah, most people are when they see him following me like a lost dog-"

"Oh, I know you did NOT just compare me to a lost dog, bunny face," Taehyung pouted, shoving his hands into his pockets, glaring at Jungkook. Jungkook stifled a laugh and spun around to face Tae, reaching out and patting his left cheek. Making Taehyung's face go red.

"So....are you two well acquainted?"

"If you call stalking someone being well acquainted then sure," Jungkook replied, earning another glare from Taehyung.

"I swear if you keep calling me a stalker your body will be found unconscious in a motel building."

Namjoon felt an unnerving chill run through his veins and he gave him a questioning look before looking at Jungkook. Why the Hell is Taehyung wasting his time with someone like Jungkook? I wonder if Jimin knows why.... "Ah. Seeing you two joke around like this makes me feel like Jungkook made a new friend?"

"And you're 100% right on the dot about that," Taehyung teased, moving his hands from his pockets and reaching over, pinching Jungkook's cheeks and making them go a bright red. A knock came from the door, revealing the nurse with more food. She walked over and set it on his lap, bowing.

"Mr. Kim, you have someone who's been calling you. When you can, answer line 4 please." She bowed to the two men and grinned, walking out. Jungkook nodded and looked at Taehyung.

"I might be here for a little So you can leave."

Taehyung looked at the younger and frowned, glancing at the door. "But I said I was going to walk you to work."

"Again, I'll probably be long, so go," Jungkook stated more firmly. "I don't need to be babysat, I'm fine. If anything I'll text Jin to pick me up. You don't need to be stuck to my hip," he ended, rolling his eyes.

Taehyung balled his fists and exhaled deeply before nodding with a forced smile. "Okay. Hopefully we'll be able to meet up again."

He quickly left, leaving Jungkook and Namjoon alone. Jungkook pulled up a chair close to the bed and sat down, leaning over and resting his head on the edge of the bed, sighing. "Help me, hyung."

"What's wrong?"

"He's a handful. He won't leave me alone..."

Namjoon laughed. "Are you complaining because a worldwide known celebrity is giving you their attention? Wow....you are one weird kid."

"Shut up.. I'm not complaining I'm just...confused. He approached me one day and since then he won't leave me alone. Comes in while I'm working and most times it's fun because I'm not so bored but...It's so fucking annoying...."

"You should be lucky. When does Taehyung ever interact with male fans one on one?."

"That's what's confusing me! Why the hell did he get attracted to me? Literally saw me once at work and now won't leave me alone....and he's a little weird.." Jungkook looked up at Namjoon. "Something....weird happened last night. We were out all night just bonding I guess and before we passed out in the park he asked me if I liked or enjoyed my life..."

Namjoon tilted his head to the side in question, chewing his new sandwich. "He told you that? What did you say?"

"I told him I did. Because the people around me were happy. Then I ended up passing out next to him- and he's pretty comfortable."

Namjoon choked on his sandwich, staring at Jungkook with wide eyes. "How close did you sleep to him to know he's comfortable?"

Jungkook's face went red and he shot up. "I-I-I never said I-"

"You did! But you did! And out at a park? In winter? Jin's going to kick your ass if you end up catching a cold! Jeon Jeongguk, I thought we raised you better!"

"Oh shut up, you destructive ass," Jungkook whined, covering his ears. Namjoon threw his head back in a laugh, hearing the door open. Jungkook turned to see Jimin walking in wearing a striped sweater and dark jeans, holding a bag in his hands. He jumped at noticing Jungkook and Namjoon were staring at him but he only questioned Jungkook.

"Jungkook! What are you doing here?? Do you know Joonie-hyung??"

Jungkook slowly nodded. "I've...known him since i was 14," Jungkook answered, staring at the bag. Jimin stepped in quietly, closing the door behind him. His smile and rosy cheeks made Jungkook think he was secretly an angel in disguise, which he was starting to believe.

But, his smile soon faded away and he hugged the bag, eyes flicking to Namjoon, who just stared blankly at Jimin. Jimin giggled nervously and walked over, sitting next to Jungkook, uncertainty in his eyes. "Hyung, I never knew this was the Jungkook you were talking about."

"He's the only Jungkook I know of," he replied before Jungkook blushed.

"He...talks about me?"

"Oh yeah! You're the inspiration behind a lot of his songs and one day he even-"

"What are you doing here, Jiminie?" Namjoon asked quickly, cutting him off. Jimin blushed and held up the bag.

"Um...Jung asked me to give this to you. Said it's clothes that you'll need?"

Namjoon looked down at his lap. So either Jackson found me and expects me to work or Hobi sent me things that would benefit me.... "I see. Can I see it?"

Jimin nodded and set it on his lap before looking over at Jungkook. "How did you like the concert last night?"

Jungkook widened his eyes and turned to him, holding his hands in his bigger ones as he smiled. "It was amazing! I can't believe how good you guys have gotten. It's crazy. You're both so talented, vocally and performance wise. You guys sure know how to give a show. Like I told Taehyung, you're both great at what you do. Your singing is amazing."

Jimin's rosy cheeks turned darker and he smiled proudly, holding his big hand in return, eyes big and sparkling with achievement. "You really think so??"

"Mhm! Your singing is so soothing and lovely- I could listen to it daily. In my opinion, it's so much better in person than over the radio or on the phone."

Jimin giggled and squeezed Jungkook's hands before glancing at Namjoon, watching him stare into the bag. His eyes stopped glowing and he looked back at Jungkook, grabbing Jungkook's shoulders and shaking them, standing him up as well. "Jungkook-ah, they have milkshakes in the cafeteria here! Let's go get some! It'll be on me!"

"I was planning on staying up here with Joon-"

"C'mon, it's too big for me. I get shy easily."

"Jimin I literally watched you grind against Taehyung last night in front of thousands of people," Jungkook deadpanned, only making the other chuckled, tugging him towards the door.

"You're missing the point. I'll get mobbed if I'm by myself. People respect my free time if I'm with someone."

Jungkook groaned and swatted his hands away. "Fine, but only if you get me a parfait, too."

Jimin agreed and began pulling him out of the room, the door closing behind them. Namjoon sighed and peeked into the bag again, seeing the black leather clothes, cursing under his breath. "You've got to be shitting me.... Fuck..." He exhaled deeply, reaching in and pulling out a whistle attached to a necklace, wrapped around the leather clothes with another note.

But before he could read the note there was commotion coming from outside his door and he strained his ears to hear what was being said. But all he heard were multiple murmurs followed by deep voices seeming to agree on something before the door opened, revealing two men in suits, one having blonde hair while the other had darker hair. The one with darker hair smiled as he walked closer.

Namjoon smiled softly. "Would it kill you to let me know you'd stop by?"

"Maybe if you answered the phone I wouldn't have to come unexpected," he replied, adjusting his tie. The one with blonde hair glared at Namjoon and he immediately recognized him. Min Yoongi. "So...I was hoping you'd reply to me two days ago after Dr. Yeong gave you the first sticky note but you didn't so I guess it's safe to say you're avoiding your responsibilities? You look perfectly fine to me."

"They won't let me leave yet," he replied, setting the bag to the side.

"Ah! So Park gave you the bag? That's great. You know, Hobi said it was hard getting back your things. They were stored in Taehyung's bag. He's hiding them from certain people because they think he finished his task. But it's clear whatever he did failed and I'm glad it did.. Things could've turned into a complete mess if he had accomplished...but, then again, he didn't have to do that task."

Namjoon frowned. "What do you mean?"

"I don't know how he did it, but-" he walked closer to Namjoon, hands in his suit pant's pockets "-but Hoseok was able to excuse that task since it was taking so long."

Namjoon blinked his eyes, feeling new emotions take over. Hurt and betrayal. He didn't have to do what he did then, that was all his choice. It was excused. He decided to pull that dick move on his own word, not by the words of the people he worked for like everyone else did.

He couldn't believe he would do it. Then again, if it was the other one-which he remembered it being-then it was believable. He wanted him gone the moment he confessed to him.

Namjoon would usually push it away and say he would've done the same, but not in this case. Taehyung should've stopped him, Joon knew he had the power to. But he didn't.

He let him do it.

This was definitely a talk that was bound to happen between the two once Namjoon as fully recovered.

"Yes. He's been stuck on this one for a while which is why I'm here," Jackson spoke up, clearing his throat and walking the window, leaning against it and looking down at people beneath them, grinning. "Everyone knows he's the first idol your company has pressured into doing this and seeing as how it worked they forced every idol after him to do the same, including you. He's use to these things. Doesn't feel guilt, regret or even worse for what he does. He'll ask us for more information and he'll even get close to them, physically and mentally...you should know."

Namjoon shifted uncomfortably under his sheets, looking at Yoongi who studied Jackson cautiously before looking at Namjoon, raising one brow with deadly steel eyes, showing that Namjoon's uncomfortableness made him happy. Namjoon just looked up at the other. "What does this have to do with me? Why are you talking about BigHit?"

"If he accomplishes killing the victim after this one, they'll find out he never got reassigned another hit after being excused from you because it'll be his 94th kill this year. And every 5th kill needs to be recorded and returned to the office along with evidence from the previous four. He has no evidence of you or anyone else, and if the company finds out-"

"They'll kill him or completely ruin his career," Yoongi finished, now looking saddened. "We need you to kill his current task instead because it's taking him too long to finish this one off so he won't be able to reach 95 before the deadline. You haven't been assigned anyone since before you went missing because of your mixtape. You're still working on it, meaning they won't give you any new tasks. Finish Taehyung's task, give him the evidence and let him move on to his fifth. That simple."

Namjoon sat in silence while staring at the two. He didn't want to help Taehyung and if anything he'd prefer the poor bastard to be kicked from the company.

But being kicked meant sending you six feet underground.

He may seem friendly to fans but to Namjoon he was a cocky fool who knew he was better than everyone else in the business. And that ticked him off. Because all he did was sing and dance. That's it. "And what if I say no?"

Within seconds namjoon was shoved harshly into the pillow, a knife being held to his throat as Yoongi grabbed his face.

"If you say no I'll gladly kill you, hand you over to him and just say this next guy will be his fifth kill. So think before you decide, you deadbeat."

Namjoon gulped and glanced at his manager who just continued to stare out the window. "Everyone knows you'd rather kill yourself than put someone's life in danger but you knew the rules of that organization, Namjoon. A pity you didn't join the one I told you to join." he turned to look at them, waving his hand and signaling Yoongi to press the blade against the skin. Namjoon growled and sneered at the other.

"We all know you regret the contract but it's only for three more years. I regret becoming your manager even though I work under JYP. You're the only person under BigHit that I even manage and it's harder than other groups I manage. You can survive three more years, right? If you busy yourself with mixtapes, rehearsals, practices, fan signs and singles and concerts like Jimin does, you won't have to worry about laying a finger on more than five people a year."

"....I'll do it just get this fucking prick off of me," Namjoon growled. Yoongi's cold eyes shot daggers to Namjoon, his hand squeezing his face before shoving it away harshly.

"That's no way to talk to your hyung, brat."

"I'll use honorifics with you when I'm dead, you blonde piece of-"

"Ah. Look at the time," Jackson spoke, looking at his watch, his smile not leaving his face. "We need to get going. There's a big meeting being held soon and I wish you could come because it might make you think about signing with us after your three years... but you can't. Don't worry. I've notified the doctors to let you leave after 10 in the evening tomorrow. After that I expect you to be at BigHit's building, dressed and ready for me to give you the information for this task."

Namjoon nodded, rubbing his neck while glaring at the two men. His manager looked over at him, walking closer and leaning forward, placing a finger beneath his chin and lifting his face, making eye contact. "Don't look like you wanna kill me, I'm just doing what I need to do as your manager under BigHit. If you joined us as I told you to then you'd never have to lay a finger on anyone. You caused this upon yourself.."

Namjoon pulled his head away and scoffed. "I never said it wasn't my fault..."

The other nodded. "Come on, yoongi. I still need to drop you off at your destination." He walked to the door before looking at Namjoon one last time. "Don't fuck around with me, Namjoon. Because if you mess up, the blame goes to me, and I'm not dying for some brat."

"Yeah. I get it, Mr. Wang. I get it..."

"Good." Jackson left the room, Yoongi standing there with his back facing Namjoon as the door shut. Namjoon stared at his back and adjusted himself, rubbing his neck as dagger pricked Yoongi's neck.

"Why are you working with him? You hate this as much as I do."

"We need to do what we can to survive." Yoongi slightly looked over his shoulder. "And I'll do what I can to protect the people I care about first." Yoongi's hands balled into fists. "And I have my own reasoning behind trying to work with Jackson.."

"What about all those innocent-"

"I may agree with you on this bullshit situation. But that's where we're different. You care about everyone and want to save everyone. As long as the people close to me are alright, then that's all I care about." He turned to fully face Namjoon. "So do your job. Kill this task. I'm not going to let you and Taehyung be the death of him."

With that, Yoongi left, the door slamming behind him, and Namjoon groaned loudly. Wanting to throw the bag across the room but instead he just pushed it off the bed, making it fall and scatter its contents. Namjoon raised a brow at a visible folder, reaching down to pick it up.

Name List-- Future Hits

Open for Desired Information

Pg. 1-10 Kim Namjoon ->> N/A ___postponed due to: Mixtape Release
Update: N/A

Pg. 11-15 Park Jimin ->> N/A ___ In progress

Pg. 15-35 V ->> Jeon Jeong-Guk___ In Progress

_________

It was another rainy day, only worsening Jungkook's mood. It had been raining for the past week, making business slower than usual. And it was boring. Usually Jungkook would take naps while his shift was in session but he was waiting for Taehyung to appear out of nowhere. He helped his boredom.

But for the past seven days, there was no sight of him. On social media or in public. After leaving the hospital, he hadn't seen him or heard of him, and it was starting to worry him. But he would never admit that.

He was too stubborn.

"Brat, why aren't you paying attention to anything I've been saying?"

"Honestly, I didn't know you were here," Jungkook scoffed, eyes rolling to the left to see the blonde male sitting at the counter, tapping his finger against his water bottle. "How long have you been here? 30 minutes?"

"It's been three hours since you asked the same question."

"Three hours? Wow, you have no life if you're still here."

The blonde male growled defensively. "You know, when I first met you, you seemed like a wimp but it seems like you do have some bite to that bark of yours."

Jungkook rolled his eyes with a groan. "You're more annoying than Taehyung."

Yoongi sighed and looked away, flipping his water bottle. "You're way more boring than that gay guy that works with you."

"Is it undeniable that he's gay?"

"No. But he's slept around a lot."

Jungkook frowned and tilted his head to the side. "What do you mean? Jin-hyung doesn't sleep around? He'd never do that because-"

"Because he respects himself?"

"No," Jungkook chuckled. "Because he thinks he's too good for everyone.."

Yoongi popped open the water bottle and took a swig, licking his lips with a sigh. "Ahh.... Well, I can guarantee you that I saw him down the Red Line. He sleeps around alright."

"Wait...are you telling me you two-"

"No. I'm not into guys that tower over me. It's a hassle fucking them." Yoongi glanced up a little and puckered his lips, thinking. "Well, I don't mind-"

"Okay okay, I don't care about your preference, I was just wondering," Jungkook quickly stated, staring out the window and into the rain. Was Jin sleeping around? Was that what he was doing instead of schooling? Why would Jin lie though? Was he...ashamed of being made fun of by the younger male? Even though Jungkook didn't agree with it he would never judge Jin for doing so-

Was that how he was making all of this extra money? He made up the lie a month ago about having a sugar daddy because in reality, he was sleeping around?!

"If you don't believe me, go to the Red Line after your shift. He doesn't finish there until three. You get off of work at 12, right?"

"Yes.." Jungkook mumbled. Yoongi raised a brow and glanced at the tip jar. "You don't seem to get tipped much. Maybe that would change if you didn't have such a shitty attitude towards people."

Jungkook gave him a dirty look and waved his hands. "Do you even have a job? Whenever I see you you're either smoking in front of the shop or in here drinking coffee."

"As your hyung, I don't need to tell you anything about my personal life, you little shit." He stretched and looked around. "Are you really going to wait here until 12? I mean...does anyone even come in when you're working? From the past two nights, it's dead when I'm not here. Hell, it's dead even when I'm here."

"Are you suggesting I just leave?"

"Why not? You're obviously not going to get any more customers until it's Jin's shift anyways."

"I'm not leaving."

"I'll show you where he's really at."

Jungkook stiffened and glanced at the clock. 8:30 PM. "I-I can't." He needed to tempt the urge of wanting to know what Jin was really up to. He was an adult, though. If he decided to do that than it shouldn't matter to Jungkook. Jin was his own person. "I'm supposed to meet Namjoon-hyung after I'm done working-"

"Then get off now and go see him. I can meet up with you afterward.."

"No. Jin-hyung will kick my ass if he finds out I left before I'm supposed to close," Jungkook panicked, fidgeting with his fingers.

Yoongi stood up and tipped Jungkook, leaving the water bottle on the counter. "Fine then. Suit yourself.. I have my job to go to, so I'll leave you be. Alone. In this empty. Boring. Coffee house."

Jungkook glanced at the clock again then over at the male walking out. It wouldn't hurt to leave early, right? Yoongi did have a point. No one would be coming anytime soon. So...what would be the problem with disobeying his hyung just once?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 44.5K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
1M 18.2K 43
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
2.7M 64.6K 131
[BOOK ONE IN THE LIFELINE SERIES] life·line ˈlīfˌlīn/ noun "A person you can always depend on to help you in a really messed up situation where you n...
906K 41.4K 175
𝒊𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 the boy who lived falls for the girl who had no one