End Of The Line // Ralph Dibny

Bởi breezzer_bree

Not All Buses Reach Their Destination, How Do I Know That? I Was On One... Willow Blakes whole life was norma... Xem Thêm

End Of The Line
Chapter 1 - That Night
Chapter 2 - Humble Beginings
Chapter 3 - Still No Father
Chapter 4 - The Scheme
Chapter 5 - Here a Meta-Human, There a Meta-Human.
Chapter 6 - What A Day
Chapter 7 - Carnival Games
Chapter 8 - Bus Rides
Chapter 9 - Insane
Chapter 10 - Drinking to Country Music
Chapter 11 - Not Very Lucky
Bus 405 - Part One
Bus 405 - Part Two
Chapter 12 - A Old 'Friend'
Chapter 13 - Villains?
Chapter 14 - A Good Cop
Chapter 15 - (Former) Mayor Bellows
Chapter 16 - Snake-like Thing With Teeth
Chapter 17 - No, No Love
Chapter 18 - I Need A Drink
Chapter 19 - I'm Not Jealous. You're Jealous
Chapter 20 - Hocus-Pocus?
Chapter 21 - You Will Never Get a Super Suit
Chapter 22 - Petty Lies And Real Truth
Chapter 23 - Secrets
Chapter 24 - You Big Baby
Chapter 25 - Clifford DeVoe
Chapter 26 - Shrimp? I hate it
Chapter 27 - The Date
Chapter 29 - Flipping Nazi's
Chapter 30 - Death Doesn't Come That Easily
Merry Frickin Christmas (One-shot)
Chapter 31 - No More Lies
Chapter 32 - One time in an alleyway...
Chapter 33 - When The Mask Falls Away
Chapter 34 - Helpless
Chapter 35 - The Grim Reaper
EOTL ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY! + One Shot!
Chapter 36 - You Won't Believe This False Hope
-Announcement-

Chapter 28 - Me, Wrong?

955 30 6
Bởi breezzer_bree

Willow

I pushed through the heavy doors that separated the training room from the rest of the building. I heard them slam behind me and I felt a sly smile spread across my face while I thought about what just happened. Not to long after my cheeks became rosy.

"You and Dibny are a thing!?" Iris appeared out of nowhere from behind a corner and I wiped all traces of joy from my expression. Was she... was she just waiting there for me?

"Uh..." I stammered from being caught off guard.

Iris stopped in her tracks and pulled on my arm, "Oh my god, really?!" she burst out then added, "Seriously?"

I felt the blush creeping up my cheeks again and I sighed. She knew. "Well..." I tried to avoid granting her an answer and kept walking.

"Dibny...?" she breathed in shock and I rolled my eyes. She sped up so she could catch up with my long and fast purposeful strides. I really wanted to get to the Cortex quickly. "Okay, he's not as bad as you-"

"Oooh! I knew it!" she exclaimed and for a second I felt like I was back in high school, gossiping with my friends about my crush. The funny thing is, back in high school Iris was the friend I gossiped with. I feel kinda bad that I've left her out of the loop lightly... I was really pissed from her hiding things from me, and now I've become some sort of hypocrite. There are so many things I'm hiding from her. I'll make a note to change that.

"Okay, okay," I tried to calm her down.

"How long?"

"Well, today was our first, you know... Date," I admitted.

She furrowed her brow, "Here?"

I lightly laughed at her response. Now I remember why were we friends. "Yeah, that's what I said."

"It did look like you two were getting along," she smiled and gave me a suggestive look.

"Oh! Oh, no, no. Like I said, training."

"Training?" she repeated.

"I'm not lying. Training."

"Whatever you say," she hummed.

I sighed, "Let's just go see what Barry needs," I paused, "He actually needs us right?" Maybe she lied to me about it just so she could interrupt one of the best moments in my life.

"Yeah," she confirmed and we entered the meeting space. The rest of the team was already there.

"Hey, guys, what's going on?" I asked and pranced to where the rest of the team was standing.

"I found a camera in the Samuroid head," Barry announced.

"Where did it lead back to?" Caitlyn asked.

"Where do you think," he retorted.

"DeVoe?" Harry awed. Devoe? Wait- what?!

"So you pinged the camera to his computers IP address... Good!" Harry continued.

"Well, no. I didn't ping it," Allen admitted.

"Well, then how did you figure out who it was?" I questioned and crossed my arms.

"Well-"

"This camera isn't even active," Cisco cut in.

"No, I heard it, it was making a noise."

"A noise?"

"Yea- Yeah. Inside the Samuroid head, it was buzzing, then I found that thing inside!" he explained.

"He's been watching us for weeks!" Barry pressed. Come on Bare, just leave the guy alone.

"I could've proved it but his wife came back to soon." The room went dead silent.

"WHAT?!" I exclaimed, "You broke into their house?!" Dude! What the hell. At first, I thought he would get over that it was Clifford DeVoe, but apparently not. He's obsessed.

"Barry, please don't tell you broke into their house," Iris repeated in a more calm tone.

Barry looked down to his feet, "Well-" Everyone in the room groaned and I shook my head. "No! Okay, that sounds bad but you have to listen to me, this guy wants us to think he's unassuming and weak, but he's not! He's powerful and smart! He's been ahead of us every step of the way. He's ahead of us right now!" Barry defended.

"Easy Allen, calm down," Harry soothed.

"I'm fine."

"Okay," Cisco started.

"What?"

"We just don't want you to do anything else you'll regret," he finished.

"Anything else? What do you mean? What have a done?" He responded innocently.

"Let's start with breaking and entering," I stated.

"Oh my god! I don't understand why you don't see what's going on! He probably has cameras everywhere, in the lab, at CCPD, I mean he's always watching us!" Barry argued. A phone started buzzing and he picked up.

"Hey Joe what is it?" he asked. Barry listened then said, "I'll be right over," he hung up and told us that he had to go.

When he left the room I let out a heavy sigh. "That was rough."

---------------------

A day past and I still hadn't heard from the rest of team flash, so I figured I might have the day off today. Unfortunately I couldn't just stay at home a lounge around, I had to go to CCPD to finalize the paperwork for the internship.

I smiled and remembered the events that unfolded the last time I was here. One of the first times I pushed the extent of my powers. Now, two times a week I have to train with Dibny down in that wonderful room. To be fair, I'm kinda glad he decided to. Until I tell the rest of the crew what I can do my only source of ability growth will be through him. And to be honest, how I will end up telling them will probably relate to stopping a big bad or saving a life. When I do that I wanna be ready.

The doors to the elevator up to CCPD opened and I stepped through into the lobby. As per usual it was full of working and chatting police officers and I was greeted several times, and occasionally asked what the hell I was doing there. One showed me the way to Captain Singh's office.

We walked through a room that held the communication response team and that had televisions spread throughout that were all set to various news stations.

The officer opened the door to the captain's office and I stepped through and sheepishly smiled.

"Hey, um, sir... do you remember me?" I stuttered out and fidgeted with the handle of my bag.

He looked up from doing paperwork on his desk and paused. "You're Allen's intern, correct?"

"Well, hopefully soon. I came here to finalize the paperwork," I explained. He sighed and rested his head in his hands.

"Uh, is that a problem?" I asked warily.

He looked up again, "No, no." He motioned for me to sit and I complied. I sat across from him and I could feel the tension building.

"Should I come back-"

"I suspended Allen earlier today," he stated.

My eyes widened, "What?! Why?"

"I can't disclose that information at this time," he responded.

"Was it about DeVoe?" I wondered and he tilted his head.

"How do you know about that?"

"Uh well," I stuttered, I guess team flash isn't a valid answer... "I study at CCU," I said quickly.

"Clifford DeVoe is actually one of my professors," I mentioned.

Something clicked in his head and he asked, "What do you take?"

This was starting to feel more like a job interview then an intern paperwork fill out session. "Uh well, you know the usual Chemistry, Criminology, Biology, and also I'm working on getting a Bachelor's degree in forensics."

He flipped over a scrap piece of paper and wrote something down. "Uh but. Um. I'm just interested in interning right now," I emphasized.

He cleared his troat and tossed the sheet into a drawer, "Okay, yeah. Of course. You seem qualified enough for the internship."

I shifted awkwardly in my chair. I knew that Barry screwed up. He screwed up badly. But I don't think he should loose his job for it. The Captain pulled out some documents and a pen.

"Let's just get started."

—————————

Turns out that it takes ages to fill out paperwork. It was already evening when I finally got out of the station.

I sighed and ran my hand through my hair, maybe it's time that I checked back in with the team. I scrolled through my contacts and automatically clicked on Dibny's number. The moment I heard the ring I wished that I had called someone else. He's normally never up to date with what's happening there.

"Why hello there my lady," he greeted and I groaned.

"Hey, Ralph, did anything important happen today?"

There was a long pause on the other end, "Not really no-" he cut off.

"Hello?" when he didn't respond I checked my screen, he was still on the line. I asked again, "Are you there?"

I heard background noises return to the speaker and he spoke up, "Sorry, I was just told Barry wants everyone in the Cortex again."

I covered the speaker on my phone and spat out a string of curse words. I raised it back to my ear, "How in the world am I supposed to get there?"

"I think Cisco might owe me a favour," he thought out loud. I waited for further explanation but received none.

"What does that mean-" The ground fell out from under my feet and I screamed. After a second of falling in the air I fell on my back onto a cold concrete floor.

I seethed, "What the hell?!?" My eyes darted around my surroundings and I rolled my eyes. Smack dab in the middle of the Cortex.

Everyone was gathered in a circle around me and I sat up quickly. I mumbled under my breath, "thanks for warning."

Iris lent me a hand to help me up and I gladly accepted it. I glared daggers at Dibny.

"Hey, I was going to," he said in defence.

I dusted off my pants and turned around to face Barry, "what's up?" I'm going to pretend that didn't happen.

"I confronted DeVoe," he said bluntly and I shook my head.

"Oh come on Barry, he could get you arrested!" Joe stated.

"No he won't," Barry responded, "he wanted me to come."

"How do you know?"

"Well for starters, he knows I'm The Flash," Barry revealed and my mouth fell open in disbelief. No.... no he couldn't.

"You were right all along," Caitlyn said and Barry nodded.

"We didn't- I didn't believe you," I shook my head. My heart hurt... Guilt.

"I'm so sorry," I apologized, "It's... it's just..."

"Don't be sorry, DeVoe has been playing all of us." Was everything part of a sick twisted game? But, all those years. Everything he's done, was it all part of a plan?

"How?" Harry asked.

"His powers. His intelligence is beyond anything we could've imagined. He's orchestrated everything that we've encountered. He's moved us like chess pieces in a game we didn't even know we were playing," Barry explained and I swallowed. He was always smart... but this smart is at a whole level I've never heard of.

"How do we stop someone that smart?" I asked hopelessly. He was smart enough to hide all this from me, smart enough to make me believe and vouch that he was a good person.

"We're pretty smart," Cisco thought.

"Maybe we're not," Harry responded.

Cisco's eyes lit up with an idea and he strode towards the clear board and wrote 'The Thinker' in big black letters. He moved the board so that under the title was Cliffords picture.

He was a super villain. That was the truth.

"The Thinker!" Cisco declared.

"Menacing and simple, good work."

"Guys it's going to take all of us to stop him," Iris stated.

"Looks like you could use some help." I turned around to see a semi-fimilar face standing in the entrance. Oh! It was the Yellow speedster that I encountered the first time I came into contact with team flash, feels like ages ago.

Iris ran up to him and engolfed him in a huge hug.

"Hey, Wally."

"Good to see you son," Joe said and also hugged him.

"You too," he responded.

"How was Blue Vally?" Barry asked.

"Oh, self reflection and a battle with a giant starfish from outer space really gives you perspective."

"You found what you were looking for?"

"I don't know, to be honest," Wally admitted.

"Well, we're glad you're home."

His eyes caught mine and I awkwardly smiled. "Hey remember me, the girl from the hostage situation?" I sang and put up a hand.

Wally looked at the team, "She's one of the bus metas?"

I gasped and frantically shook my head, "Nope!" I was relieved when the rest also disagreed. Jeez, close call.

"But you did find who was behind them," he gestured to the board displaying the alter ego.

"Yeah."

"You wanna suit up? Take him down?" He asked.

No," Barry paused, "now it's his move. We take our time, formulate a plan," Barry decided.

"Now what boss lady?" Joe asked Iris.

"Now... now we get married," she smiled and looked up to Barry. My eyes lit up. Wow! That's this week. I guess times flies when you're chasing down metahumans.

—————————

Super stoked to write crossover episode in the next chapter!!

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

3.3K 75 8
⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡ To believe what this story is about you need to do something first. You need to believe in the impossible. Can you do that...
299K 9.9K 44
5/--/18: #2 in #theflash 6/- -/19: #7 in #theflash 8/28/19: #1 in #dccomics 5/6/21: #3 in #greenarrow She can control time. Speed it up, slow it down...
15.2K 426 23
"No one really knows why they are alive until they know what they would die for." Olive Porter is a traveler. She lived life in one universe, died, a...
3.6K 38 35
The team at S.T.A.R Labs had a lot on their mind. They were facing a mysterious man who kidnapped metas. So far only one had escaped. Alexis "Alex" B...