Scared to Death ✧Liam Dunbar✧...

By argentistic

Love is all a little girl is supposed to feel. Never should she feel blood trickling down a cut on her cheek... More

Scared to Death ✧Liam Dunbar✧
✧Goodbye Big Brother✧
✧The New Derek✧
✧New Competition✧
✧Hospital Drama✧
✧Dealing With Idiots✧
✧Helping Liam✧
✧Some Party✧
✧Not a Monster✧
✧Slight Anger Problems✧
✧Intermittent Explosive Disorder✧
✧Scrimmage Gone Wrong✧
✧Werewolf Strength✧
✧The Call✧
✧Not Another Loss✧
✧Teenage Whims✧
✧Caught Up✧
✧Some Plan✧
✧A Little Optimisim✧
✧From The Sidelines✧
✧Emotions Besides Fear✧
✧The Unexpected✧
✧Letters From Isaac✧
✧The Deadpool Strikes Again✧
✧Drinks and Music✧
✧Fear Is All To Common✧
✧Birthday Surprise✧
✧Battle Cry✧
✧Invincibility Is Not Strength✧
✧Weight Room Mayhem✧
✧Desperate Times Call For Desperate Alliances✧
✧Operation Save Scott McCall✧
✧The Mission Begins✧
✧Almost Is Never Enough✧
✧Death Changes Us✧
✧It Ends Tonight✧
✧Epilogue✧
SEQUEL

✧Supernatural Smallpox✧

48.2K 1.2K 508
By argentistic

RIP Robin Williams. He was one of my favorite childhood actors and he will always and forever be in our hearts.

Chpter 17 ✧Supernatural Smallpox✧

I stared down at Derek’s text as I read it over and over again in my mind, any traces of the happiness I had felt with Liam just a few moments ago washed away with the smile on my face.

From: Sour Wolf

Epidemic break out at the school. Will kill all supernatural creatures. If you’re there you need to get Scott and the others away from everybody.

As the words pieced together in my mind I felt worry flood through me. An epidemic at school? Does that mean like small pox? If Scott and the others are in trouble then I needed to get there now.

“Charlotte,” Liam called to me and I suddenly remembered that he was there with me, “Is something wrong.”

“Yeah, something at the school. Scott needs me there, I have to get going,” I quickly stood up from the bench and Liam mirrored my actions.

“I’ll come with you,” Liam offered but I just shook my head.

“It’s not something you can help with,” I said before I even thought what I was saying through. Then I saw Liam’s face and realized how cruel I must’ve sounded, “I mean they need a human to help. You should probably just get home.”

The look and Liam’s face showed that what I had said hadn’t made him feel any better and I quickly turned away before I could start feeling to guilty. I began the long trek to school and thankfully, Liam didn’t follow me. I knew I had hurt his feelings but this was for the better. He may want to help me but I’m not going to let him put himself in danger to do so. Derek had said the epidemic would kill any supernatural creature and Liam would be no exception. There was no way I was about to risk him getting hurt.

Especially not after what just happened between the two of us.

Liam and I had kissed and it was everything a girl’s first kiss should be. It had been perfect, cliché, awkward, and about fifty million other things. And on top of that I had finally opened up to Liam about my past. Honestly, for a little while I felt like the world of pain and torture that has been weighing down on my shoulders had been lifted. Of course it had come crashing back down on me when I read Derek’s text but the few moments before that were irreplaceable. I actually kind of hated Derek right now.

Finally, the school came into my line of vision and when it did I couldn’t help but gasp. Surrounding it seemed to be every law enforcement member that lived in or hear Beacon Hills. Covering the windows were some form of lament so people couldn’t look in or out of them. Apparently Derek wasn’t the only one who knew about this epidemic.

I curtained around the large mass of confused civilians until I made my way to the caution tape. From there I saw both Stiles and Scott’s dad talking in front of the closed off school.

“A-agent McCall,” I called out to them in a voice that barely qualified as a whimper. God do I hate crowds. “Sheriff!”

By some miracle, both men heard me. They ceased there talking and looked over to see me looking utterly terrified and morbidly uncomfortable.

“Hey, let her through! She’s with me,” Scott’s dad told some nearby officers who lifted the tape so I could go under it. With my eyes locked on the ground, I sped walked over to the two familiar men.

“What’s happening?” I questioned once I got to them.

“Quarantine,” Sheriff sighed out as Agent McCall began talking to another officer, “How did you hear about this?”

“Derek texted me,” I answered.

The Sheriff nodded and once more his name was being called out. The oldest Stilinski and I both turned our heads to see a certain strawberry blonde had also made her way to the front of the crowd and was trying to get to us.

“You can let that one in too,” Sheriff called to his men who then let Lydia through.

“My mom’s in there, what’s happening?” Lydia asked us in a low voice as she too walked over.

“We’re working on it,” Sheriff responded, obviously not wanting to stress her out more then she already was. From what I got from Stiles, Lydia has taken to blaming Meredith’s death on herself.

I took this moment as a chance to text back Derek to see what he knew.

To: Sour Wolf

They have the school locked down on quarantine and I can’t get in. Please tell me that all the supernatural creatures in there aren’t going to die.

As soon as I sent the text my fingers began tapping along the screen impatiently as I waited for another text. That’s when the sheriff pulled Lydia and I to the side some before he looked straight at Lydia with a worried expression, “Lydia, as all of this is still very new to me, and I don’t know how it works, I still have to ask. Do you have any… indication, any kind of feeling about this, that  someone in there is going to die?”

“Yes,” Lydia answered almost immediately, “And it’s not just a feeling.”

Suddenly, my phone began buzzing and I looked down to see that Derek had opted to calling me back instead of texting.

“Hello?” I answered as I turned my back to everyone so I’d be able to hear him better.

“Charlotte, you’re on speaker. Are you at the school right now?” Derek questioned

“Yeah, I’m right outside of it with the sheriff, Lydia, and Agent McCall,” I explained to him and whoever else he was with, “Please tell me there’s a cure to this.”

“Actually, there is,” It was now Deaton who answered me, “It’s called ‘reishi’ and they’re a type of mushrooms.”

“Where can I find it?” I asked immediately, determined to be able to finally do something useful for Scott and the pack.

“It’s in my family’s vault. It should be on the shelves in a jar,” Derek answered this time.

Then I suddenly remembered the whole quarantine ordeal and groaned unhappily, “I can’t call anybody in the school and they’re not going to let me just walk in.”

“You said Scott’s dad is there?” It was Melissa’s turn to ask me a question.

At first I nodded in response before I realized I would have to respond verbally, “Yeah, he’s here.”

“They’ll let him in,” Melissa stated, “Tell him what we just told you so he can relay the message to Scott and the other’s.”

With that I hastily hung up my phone before turning to find the FBI agent. As soon as my eyes landed on him I walked over to him and grabbed his arm to get him to look down to me. When he saw it was me who was trying to get his attention his eyes widened, probably because I had never tried to start a conversation with him.

“I have a message from Melissa,” I explained to him, “The antidote, it’s in the vault. It’s called reishi mushrooms. You need to tell Scott that and you need to tell him that it’s on a shelf in a jar. You have to tell him that now!”

I figured my random outburst would’ve caused a million questions to sprout in Agent McCall’s mind but if they did he didn’t ask any of them. For some reason he nodded, showing that he was trusted me. I let out a relieved sigh as he turned to get suited up so he could go into the building. He gave me one last nod before pulling the yellow head gear over his head before heading inside.

The sheriff, Lydia, and I waited outside as the sun began sinking more and more in the sky until it practically disappeared altogether. It felt like we’d been waiting forever when finally someone came out of the school building to say that everyone seemed to be suddenly getting better. Soon the waiting crowd was allowed inside to find their loved ones.

“Mom! Mom!” Lydia called as she ran down the hall to hug her mother.

I began searching the hallway for some of my friends. The first one I found was a sullen looking Malia. I waved to her, glad to see that at least one of my friends we’re alive, but Malia ignored.

“Malia?” I questioned as she got closer but the were-coyote just brushed past me. Something definitely was wrong.

Before I could follow her and ask any questions, I heard someone else call my name. I turned and saw Scott who quickly tackled me in a bear hug. I smiled before quickly wrapping my own arms around him. No fear or anxiety could make me think that doing such a thing was insane. I was just glad that Scott was safe after yet another close call.

“You’re okay?” I pulled away some so I could look up at him just to get confirmation.

Scott nodded his head some as a small smile spread across his weary looking face, “Yeah, I’m okay. Thanks for getting that message to my dad Charlotte.”

“And if you were wondering, I’m alive too,” I heard Stiles say from behind Scott. I pulled away once more from the alpha so I could shyly go over to the paler teenage boy and also give him a hug. I don’t know what’s gotten into me but I was finally able to show how much I cared for these two idiots and I was grateful for that.

Just as I was about to latch onto Stiles and give him a hug, I noticed something on his shirt which caused my hand to shoot up over my mouth. “I-is that, oh my god, that’s blood.”

A shadow spread across Stiles face as he looked down at his shirt, “Well don’t worry, it’s not mine.”

Knowing I probably wasn’t ready to hear whosever’s blood it was just yet, I nodded and gave Stiles a quick hug, making sure to not touch any of the blood that was on him. Then I looked to Kira and smiled at her, pleased that she too had managed to survive this.

“This was another assassin, w-wasn’t it?” I asked the three of them. That would explain why the disease had only been lethal to the supernatural.

“Yeah, some mad scientist let out a supernatural smallpox,” Stiles explained bitterly.

I nodded before looking carefully at the older boy, “What happened to Malia?”

“She, uh, well she found out about Peter being her dad,” Scott said in a quiet voice.

My eyes widened as I looked over to Stiles who now had his eyes trained on the floor. No wonder Malia had ignored me earlier, she probably felt betrayed by all of us for keeping the truth from her for so long. We had thought it had been for the best seeing as Peter wasn’t exactly a good guy and Malia didn’t need to get caught up in his web of dramatic deceits. Apparently Malia didn’t exactly see it like that which I guess we can’t really blame her for. It must have been insane to find out that the people you had lived your whole life loving weren’t actually related to you by blood. Hopefully she doesn’t become as bitter as Jackson had when He first found out.

I actually remember the night Jackson’s parents had told him. I had been really young but I remember a tiny Jackson Whittemore screaming at his parents at his house across the street. Through the windows I could still see the look of betrayal on his face. Then, suddenly, he calmed down and stormed up the stairs. He had never been the same again.

But that can’t happen to Malia, we can’t lose her to Peter. She’d already been struggling so hard to adapt to life as a human instead of a coyote.

“We should probably start heading home,” Scott broke the silence that had followed him revealing what Malia now knows.

“I’ll drive you,” Stiles offered as he put a hand on my shoulder. I just nodded and let him lead me out to his blue jeep which was conveniently parked next to Scott. These two were the closest thing I’ve seen to being ‘joined to the hip’ besides the twins who put that term in a literal sense.

“Hey, wait,” Scott called to us just as we were about to pull out. I rolled down my window so he could some over and talk to us once more.

“Yeah?” I questioned the teen wolf.

“Did you seriously walk all the way here from my house just so you could help us?” He asked.

“Of course,” I answered simply because, honestly, that was the easiest question I could’ve ever answered. Walking all that way was the least I could do for my closest friends. “I mean, I was with Liam at the Ice Cream place which is kind of closer but yeah, I walked.”

Scott raised his eyebrows at me as he and Stiles exchanged a semi-intrigued and slightly entertained look. Dear god, what had I just walked myself into?

“And, uh, what exactly were you doing with Liam?” Scott asked with a look of amusement on his face.

I began blushing like mad as I found myself staring at the dashboard so I wouldn’t have to look at either of the two boys.

“Look! She’s blushing! I’ve never seen her like this, Scott!” Stiles exclaimed in a teasing tone before he sarcastically gushed out a classic line, “Oh, they grow up so fast.”

“Stiles, just take me home,” I begged as I buried my face in my hands to hide my embarrassment though it’s kind of too late to do that.

Scott chuckled as he hit the side of Stiles’ Jeep before heading over to his dirt bike, “I’ll see you guys in a few.”

Stiles laughed too as he finally pulled out of the parking space while he looked at me out of the corner of his eyes, a smirk still on his face. I ignored him which wasn’t hard to do as my mind began to return to thinking about Liam.

--------------------------

Ah Sciles is like the best BROTP ever!!!

I know this chapter is not as amazing as the last one becuase of the lack of Larlotte but I love showing you guys the part Charlotte plays in the story. she's an amazing character and I love writing her.

Also, Is anyone else still recovering from last nights episode?1 It was literally a whirlwind of feels. I know ship Draeden super hard and my Stalia heart is broken. My otp is still Sterek though...

Anywho, if you guys love Stiles as much as I do you should totally check out my new fanfic! It's called boundaries and I am so in love with Rose (the OC in the story).

Question- How do you like Charlotte's relationship with Scott and Stiles and what should her ship name be for each of them. (Not like romantic shipping but like brotp shipping)?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

562K 9.7K 32
"Isaac is Infatuated by you, you can clearly see it in his eyes." Zoey Martin, Lydia Martin's sister, was pulled into the supernatural world after s...
67 0 6
Luna Whittemore and Isaac Lahey grew up across the street from one another and would always find a way to be together. One day, Isaac starts ignoring...
329K 8.3K 74
~Teen Wolf Fan Fiction~ Hi, I'm Scarlett McCall and I have a twin brother named Scott. We are as close as it gets. We always have each other's back a...
896 110 37
Shayla Rai lead a very happy life, that is until her parents decided it was time to find a new home. She was torn away from the only home she has ev...