Dil Jaanta Hai | ✔

By chaashnee

■WATTPAD INDIA AWARDS 2019 WINNER■ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▪︎● ● ●▪︎ For the Delhi Tycoons' kids, life has always been to... More

Wattpad India Awards 2019 Winner
before the words
e p i g r a p h
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
dil janna chahega
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
forty-eight
forty-nine
fifty
fifty-one
fifty-two
fifty-three
fifty-four
fifty-five
fifty-six
fifty-eight
fifty-nine
sixty
sixty one
sixty two
sixty-three
sixty-four
sixty-five
sixty-six
sixty-seven
sixty-eight
sixty-nine
seventy
seventy-one
seventy-two
seventy-three
dil janna chahega
behind the words
Sequel/Extended Epilogue: Dil Dhadakta Hai
Book III/Stand alone: Dil Beparwah

fifty-seven

4.4K 572 199
By chaashnee

||CHAPTER 57||
《¤》

Considering the fact that it was an early October night, the winds that blew were mercilessly cold, making me shiver. From the terrace of our building, the view was spellbinding, the city lights casting a look that made us feel the calm of the rush.

I had ditched my heels and taken a seat against the rough concrete wall. Strangely, I hadn't shed a tear even once since I had arrived back at my residence and climbed to the rooftop. I guess this situation wasn't too shocking for me. I should have had expected this, what with Dad's unusually amiable mood on mentioning Vansh for the past few weeks. Something must have had cooked up in his mind, and what else was to be expected but another form of the Bandhan?

I wasn't even hurt anymore.It was an overrated feeling, and I was way over it.

The tube light above me suddenly blinked to life, making me look around. I had made sure no one was around when I had climbed up. The door to the roof creaked and groaned against its hinges as it was pushed open.

It was my brother's white shirt that peeped in. He looked around, finally spotting me at a corner, sulking all by myself. God, what was happening to me?

I didn't spare him a glance while he slowly walked towards me, two wine glasses and a bottle covered in black polythene in hand. Imitating my position, he slid down beside me, leaning against the wall.

For a minute, no one spoke. However, his presence was making my tear glands itch, clouding my vision. I sniffed. This was difficult.

"It's cold, isn't it?" Arnav cleared his throat.

I was shivering, of course it was. "Very, very."

I hadn't seen that he was carrying a jacket with him until he draped it around me. "Didn't want to go treasure hunting in your cupboard, this was lying on your bed."

That's when I noticed what I was wearing above my turquoise dress- a pink denim jacket. That was the final straw, I started crying like a baby. Whining, screaming, running nose, wet face, everything.

"Arey arey," he shifted his position to kneel in front of me. "Kya hua?"

That made me cry even more, whine even more, bawl even more. My hands were pulling Vansh's jacket tighter around me, and smelling his whiff increased the intensity.

"Vika, jo kuchh hua usme teri galti bilkul nahi hai, come on, aasu bahana band kar, mujhe maza nahi aa raha tujhe rulane mein."

His attempt at being funny had me bawling my eyes out. "Par mujhe Vansh pasand hai, Arnav. And he probably hates me now- and he was the only person who liked me and was hot and attractive and understood me and loved hanging out with me! I am a loser Arnav!"

I was stupid, I was a bitch, I was incapable of accepting anything good that came my way.

And yet I wouldn't change a thing that happened in the past twenty-four fcuking centuries.

The most comforting thing that happened was his arms circling around me while my tears and drool formed a wet patch on his shirt. He had to put up with it, he was my brother after all. "It will be okay, sab theek ho jayega..."

I didn't have anything more to say, because nothing seemed to be alright. Delhi had been a bad idea, I should have stayed with my mother instead. At least living with the Oberoi's would have provided the drama I would have enjoyed. "Arnav, I want to go back. Nahi ho raha mujhse ye sab."

"No, Vika. Tum Mumbai nahi jaa rahi ho."

"Par Arnav I don't even have anything else to do here! After this ruckus Papa isn't going to trust me with any business, and everyone hates me anyway."

His grip around me tightened, and I was okay with it, because that feeling felt comfortable. It felt homely, and made confiding in him easier.

"Vika, nobody hates you alright?" He said firmly in my hair. "Tumhari family rehti hai yaha. Mai nahi, tho at least Daadi tho hai na? You know she loves you. I'm your brother, and it's inbuilt for me to love you. Even when you spoil my shirt. Stop crying like a baby now. Shh, we love you. We've got you, okay? Rona band."

But the command won't make me stop the tears would it? His confession made the tear gates break. They were unstoppable.

My brother was gently slapping my back, and that was relieving me. Off the stress. Off the tension. Off the unnecessary tantrums.

Five minutes later, my eyes ran out of water, and I was back to sniffing. My cheeks were still feeling funny, but I let Arnav's now drenched shirt go, and he resumed to his position beside me. Fishing out his handkerchief, he wiped my face.

I realised he was being more of a father to me than my own father, step or real, actually did. "Thank you," I sniffed, receiving a head smack in return. I didn't have the energy to hit back, so I laid my head on his folded legs. "You're the best brother in the world."

"What was that?" He pretended to not hear me. "I didn't get you. Can you speak a little louder?"

"I won't repeat, go fcuk yourself."

He laughed, ruffling my hair. "Well, considering the fact that I don't have anyone else to compare you to, you're the best sister in the world too."

My nose was blocked because of my stupid wailing session, but I smiled. "Feels good to not have any competition in that field."

Another five minutes passed in silence before he spoke up again. "Were you and Vansh... really together?"

"I won't go behind your back to date him, I'm aware of the bro-code," I sniffed. "But yes, we did like each other. I think. A lot, Arnav."

He was running his fingers through my hair. "I did suspect that a lot. I know him inside out. He was whipped. And because it was Vansh, I didn't need to go all hulk on him."

"He hates me now."

"I don't think so, Vika."

"Papa spoilt everything for us."

"You know," he sighed, "if you see from his point of view, I think that he was thinking that he was saving you guys and the the company a whole lot of trouble. That he was showing you support in his own way."

"By forcing me to be in a relationship just because he wants to expand a conglomerate? If I date Vansh, it's not because I am being forced to. What if someday we don't like each other anymore? Arnav, ham sirf sola-satra ke hai, and woh hamari battees ki planning kar rahe hai. How is that not insane?"

I felt him lean down and kiss my hair. "And that is why I am so proud of you Arvika. I am a proud brother, because my sister wasn't blinded by some stupid emotion and fooled into a deal. I am proud of you because you thought with a clear mind. That despite the fact that you knew what the repercussions might have been, you had your ideals intact and decisions firm. All the more reason why you are the better heir to the Deewan industries."

Suddenly, it seemed, my brother was never the competition. He was my catalyst, and our bond, it seemed, was not something that could be snipped with a scissor.

Sneezing on his handkerchief, I sat straight. "I'm proud of you being proud of me too."

He chuckled, handing me wine glass. The black plastic bag made some noise while he unscrewed the lid and poured us some golden delight. Now I was proud of him.

We clinked our glasses, smiling goofily despite the circumstances. Bringing the glass to my lips, I smelled it. It didn't smell like what it should have.  Frowning, I sipped it, and I added this to my list of reasons why I did hate my brother.

"Apple Juice?!?! Really?"

His eyes crinkled at the edges as he howled in laughter, removing the black polythene to reveal the cover of a huge bottle of Appy Fizz. "Ab sola ke hai tho battees ke drinks kaise pee sakte hai."

¿¤?

It was an hour later that I was ready to head down. We took the stairs, to reset our minds, bring it back to face the reality. My Dad was going to be furious, and I did expect Daadi to be a bit disappointed too. Arnav had rushed to me the moment they had returned, so he wasn't too aware of the condition too.

He squeezed my shoulder when we arrived at our floor. I knew he was with me, but it was my battle. The door was open, and we slipped in. The lights of the living room were out, but the hallway lights were dimmed. We quietly walked to our rooms, when we heard the noise. Daadi was scolding Dad. We looked at each other before sneaking towards the study.

"Tujhe sharm nahi aati hai?" She had raised her voice. "Bacchi hai woh!"

"Par maa, mai uske bhale ke liye hi tho-"

"Bhale ke liye? Binoy mujhe sharm aa rahi hai. Tu aisa deal kar bhi kaise sakta hai? Company merge karna hai, tho karo na. Aisa rishta kyoo jod rahe ho tum? Ham sabko pata hai tere aur Maanyata ke beech woh deal kaisa gaya, aur fir tu wahi galti dohora raha hai?"

"Par maa Arvika aur Vansh ke reviews bohot zyada achhe hai. Unke saath company ka equation jud jaata tho bohot zyada profit hota. Ye baat Arvika ko bhi pata hai, aise sabke saamne use inkaar nahi karna chahiye thha."

"Tune bhi tho use sabke saamne tere deal ke baremein bola. Woh nahi dikhayee deta? Aur Vansh aur uske beech me jo bhi hai, usme naak ghusedna band kar. Bacche hai woh. Romeo-Juliet nahi."

"Arvika hamare industry ko run karna chahti hai Maa, aur usne kai dafa khud ko saabit bhi kiya hai. Isiliye mai use uska khudka sector dila raha thha-"

"Ye sab bakwaas hai. Use ye company chahiye, woh kaam karke dikhayegi. She will get them if she deserves it."

Silence followed her sentence. My tear gates were opened once again, and I couldn't help but make my presence known to them.

I ran up to my grandmother, and hugged her so tightly that I never wanted to let her go. She was the best thing that my decision to shift to Delhi ever gave me.

_____

Namoshtaii!

Just so you know, I might update again in the span of twenty four hours. Some of you wanted double update, some just wanted something to read so well, this was the merger I guess?

BOARDS OVER but can someone please tell my why I am not even happy? College entrances, yeah. Anyways, yesterday, I rejoined Instagram, and my username is @chaashnee there as well. Yeah, yeah, go ahead, stalk me. I'll be posting my compositions for this book soon, so yeah. This is awkward, I thought I was ready 🙈

ALSO, uhm, there is a minor plot change in one of the previous chapters. Its the inauguration of Deewan Art Gallery chapter, where instead of showing Vansh as an artist, I have pitched in Arnav's photography under Vansh's name. You can read that chapter again, DM me if you can't find it. Vansh just didnt fit into that persona I think. And there is a reason why I had to do it, you'll come to know about it in the upcoming chapters.

I'm also trying to get my life together, and I am making plans which I'll probably never execute. Cute!

Alrighty, read, vote, comment and promote!

~chaashnee

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

980K 38.6K 56
An heir. That is what Arhaan Ahuja and his toxic family ever wanted. Arhaan had been born in a very toxic family and was brought up with old, orthodo...
233K 4K 16
Ranked #1 in Tamil! Ranked #2 in India out of 25k stories! Ranked #1 in Indian our of 12k stories! Suspense-Romance-Thriller! (Hehe I tried!) Dear r...
1.8M 85.3K 91
*Completed* Thank you for dropping here, Happy reading Prologue 'Fated But Was It In Destiny'. Love is a beautiful feeling, one to cherish, but what...
178K 7.2K 80
[First book in Our Chance Series] He is rude. She is polite. He is cold-hearted. She is soft-hearted. He was extroverted. She is introverted. He's a...