The Brothers' Mission[Sequel]...

By cbfwrites

•••Do read 'The Brothers' Desire' first to understand where this story is picking up from••• After an ambush... More

Copyright
Disclaimer
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Not a chapter

Chapter Fourteen

13.8K 436 32
By cbfwrites

Amaris

After I showered and wrapped myself and my hair tightly in a towel, I sit down in front of the vanity connected to the sink countertop.  For being plain and simple, it really was pretty.  Its fluorescents are blinding, enough to singe my retinas, making me cringe back as soon as I flipped them on.

One of the women left a small notepad on the vanity counter.  I turn and look all around for something to write with but find nothing.  "Here. For eyes," the other woman stepped forward and gave me a pen and waited.  I jot down my brand and vision prescription to the best of my memory then hand it over to the woman.  I hold onto the pen in hopes she wouldn't notice but she did.  She held her hand out and raised a brow expectantly.  With a small sigh, I place the pen in her hand.

Maybe if I'm nice to these ladies, they will let their guard down.  I decide introductions might be the perfect ice breaker.  "What's your names?" I ask them, hoping they speak and understand English as fluently as the masked dude and the attractive dude.

"Maye," The older one replies, "Don't move, I be back."

The younger one smiles then tucks her chin.  "My name is Lina," she slowly approached me.  "Please don't do anything to upset Maye.  Her son is our boss and it's up to him how we all get treated."

I'm a bit surprised but not completely.  I assumed they both were related to someone here but maybe Lina I'd a prisoner just the same as I am?  I nod my understanding then look back into the vanity mirror. I let my hair down from its towel and cringe at the roots showing. This used to be a crisis for me but now, not so much.  I'm lucky to be allowed a shower, much less be alive.

"Miss," Maye spoke, startling me with her abrupt return. "Are you alright?" She asked, concern etched across her face.

"Err.. yes.. why?" I answer, her question throwing me off. I am just staring at my reflection, what would alarm her over that?

"You not reply and you talk to your picture," she says, pointing at the mirror. I thought I was just thinking about my hair, not talking out loud. I'm gradually losing my mind I guess.

But then again, my mind is very much intact.  Despite all the wrongdoings coming my way recently, I'm still holding on.  I refuse to break so easily.

A man appears in the mirror from behind me.  His hands clamp down on top of my shoulders and he squints his eyes as he stares at my eyes' reflection.  He ends his silence and says to me, "You know, I think a bit of a hair do would suit you well, what do you think?  I think we should cut that long web of bullshit off," he drags his hands through my damp hair, ripping his fingers harshly through the tangles, "and take that blonde out. You won't look like a natural born slut then, darling." His deep voice vibrated against me as he chuckled.

It's the masked dude without his mask!

Without thinking things through, I stand up fast and whirl around quickly to face him.  I draw my hand back to hit him in his rude mouth but unfortunately, he was faster than me.

Catching my fist within his own, he brought my hand down, twisted my arm back, and pulled it up behind my back.  I can't stop the whine that falls from my lips.  If he puts any more weight on my arm, he is going to snap it. 

I jolt my head backwards and hit him in the face.  His grip loosens slightly but his sudden shock quickly dissipates, and he slams me forward, pressing my chest down hard onto the sink counter.  The pressure is relieved a tiny bit from my arm but a lot of pressure has moved to my head.

"Hyo! Release the girl!" Another male voice demands. Without hesitation he lets go of me.

That's right Hyo, I was a few seconds away from kicking your ass!

Hyo clears his throat and jerked me the rest of the way up from the counter and shoves me back in the vanity seat.  "My apologies, Kwan. She struck me first."

Oh what a little tattle tale. Man up, you deserved it.

"I really don't care who started what, but for now, keep your hands off of her. Remember that you're expendable too," The man named Kwan, warns the other man.

"Her eye corrections are here," Kwan states, as he tosses a box down to me. Wow that was strangely quick.

"So do you just keep these on hand for your convenience?" I ask, curiosity getting the better of me.

"Anything is within reach for me, girl.  Now. Maye, Lina; fix her up.  We are going live in a few hours. It seems like there's two parties offering up money for her," he smiles, but it isn't friendly. It's hateful. Greedy. The dollar signs flash and my life is meaningless otherwise.  I've become a payday and someone is going to pay for an empty package if anyone thinks I'm some type of plaything. 

I can only hope one of these parties is my family.  I'm not going to get myself amped up though.  Probably black market dealers or the Penzkov twats.  I can't stand the thought of returning to Vlad and Felix.  I'd rather swallow razors and pull my own teeth out.

Without another word, both Kwan and Hyo leave the bathroom. I quickly put the contacts in and blink a few times. Refreshing and perfect. It's such a relief to be able to see clearly again.

Maye begins running a brush through my long hair. It is knotted up pretty badly from all the turmoil it's gone through these last few days but if she keeps brushing me like I'm a horse, I'm going to have to hurt her.  It didn't help that Hyo tore his fingers through it.

I get fed up fast and my head starts throbbing.  "Here.. just let me do it myself," I say as I reach back for the brush. A painful sting travels through my knuckles up to my wrist.  My eyes meet hers in the mirror. 

Did she really just pop me with that brush?

She forces me to turn back around and face the mirror as she continues her assault through my hair, causing me to grit my teeth and squeeze back the tears.  Lina starts placing random items along the sink counter but I don't dare turn to look.  I don't want another pop with that brush. 

Fucking bitch.

Finally, she stops torturing me. I sigh in relief and look down momentarily only to gasp in horror as I hear the snip and feel the weight of my hair lessen.

Oh no no no!

Horrified, I look back at her reflection and catch a smile on her face.  What the hell did I do to her?! 

I feel my hair to find that it ends just below my shoulders now. Completely devastated and angry, I turn and shove Maye away from me as I snatch the scissors from her. Before I could stop myself, I plunge the scissors into her thigh, her screams of agony serenading my ears. I shrug off the small hands that grip my arms from behind and twist the scissors, wiggling them around as I do so, hoping this hateful bitch realizes her mistake.

Don't fucking cut a person's hair like that.  Just... don't!

I hope I hit a vital vessel and she bleeds to death before anyone can make it up here.  I pull the scissors out and stab her thigh again as hard as I can. 

I didn't hear the commotion going on amid her screaming, my senses overwhelmed by the rage coursing through me.  Strong hands grab me by my arms and yank me off of Maye. 

I start bucking and dig my nails into the arms that have made their way around my waist, hoisting me into the air.

"Let me go! Get off of me!" I scream as I thrash about. I continue to struggle and scream but soon I am fully overpowered.

I'm thrown onto the bed harshly, but sit up quickly. The smack from a backhand to my face sends me flying back down and someone's body weight holding me down flat.  When the bells stop ringing and my vision clears,  I look up and see Hyo hovering above me. Malice gleams in his eyes as he pulls an arm back and hits me again. "You think you can just do what you want?" he yells as he hits me once more, the metallic taste of blood coating my tongue. "You don't have any rights here! You don't have any say! You don't get to act out! You don't get to fight back and you definitely don't get to assault anyone here!" Spittle flies all over as he froths like a rabid animal.  "You are nothing more than a transaction pending!" he finishes as he grips my throat tightly, shaking me as he violently chokes me.

I try to pry his fingers off of my throat, but his grip is too strong. The silver dots start lining the edges of my eyes and I feel myself starting to lose consciousness. If he squeezes any harder, my eyes might burst or my windpipe is going to be crushed.

Don't pass out Amaris, knee him in the dick. My subconscious finally pipes up and with what little energy I have, I raise my knee as hard as I can.

He catches my knee between his legs.

This impossible asshole.

"Think you're smooth, don't you?" he bellows out as he slams my head downwards with each choking shake. My neck is going to snap!  I dig my nails into his hands so hard, I can feel his flesh curling up under my nails.  It doesn't seem to faze him at all. 

My tears are an endless stream now, running down the edges of my face toward the mattress.  I lose my last bit of strength and finally drop my hands from his.  My vision and hearing is almost gone as I start to slip away, but I hear one final sound first.

A gun shot.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.8K 844 36
"izzy!" summer screamed in my ear as I smile at the chaos we have caused "hm?" i hummed in reply turning to her panicked face "it's the-" she starts...
4.7M 138K 43
Warning: THIS BOOK IS FOR MATURE READERS ONLY (18+). CONTAINS MATURE SCENES, VIOLENCE, AND LOTS OF CURSING. (A sequel to The Infamous Rafael Vali...
538 23 11
(villain×heroine) (Enemies to lovers) (Huge age gap) (Cat and mouse duet) Damon blackwood(32 years old) the crime boss and the leader of midnight syn...
662K 16.9K 53
Book One of Mafia Ultimatums As a young child Arieon Anderson was orphaned when she lost a brother and her parents in a fire that started in their h...