Dil Jaanta Hai | ✔

By chaashnee

■WATTPAD INDIA AWARDS 2019 WINNER■ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▪︎● ● ●▪︎ For the Delhi Tycoons' kids, life has always been to... More

Wattpad India Awards 2019 Winner
before the words
e p i g r a p h
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
dil janna chahega
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
forty-eight
forty-nine
fifty
fifty-one
fifty-two
fifty-three
fifty-four
fifty-five
fifty-seven
fifty-eight
fifty-nine
sixty
sixty one
sixty two
sixty-three
sixty-four
sixty-five
sixty-six
sixty-seven
sixty-eight
sixty-nine
seventy
seventy-one
seventy-two
seventy-three
dil janna chahega
behind the words
Sequel/Extended Epilogue: Dil Dhadakta Hai
Book III/Stand alone: Dil Beparwah

fifty-six

4.5K 555 351
By chaashnee

||CHAPTER 56||
《¤》

I settled beside my brother at the table when we arrived at Hotel SenRay, where the Mehra's were awaiting our presence. The greetings were robust and boisterous, over-boarding the pleasantries of the situation. They had booked us a table by the glass wall, overlooking a floor tall water fountain outside the main building of the five-star restaurant.

"Aur Arvika beta," Sujay Uncle, Vansh's Dad turned to me, "Padhai kaisi chal rahi hai?"

I gave a tight-lipped smile, "Sach bolu ya kisaano ke khudkhushi ka report doon, Uncle?"

The adults laughed, entertained by my gruesome reply.

"Waise," Dad joined, "Achhi hi chal rahi hogi. Vansh jo tutor kar raha hai!"

The first reaction I gauged was of my brother, who subtly turned to me, his head slightly tilting on his curled wrist, mouthing to me, "What is he talking about?"

I glanced at Vansh who was sharing a similar sense of humour. I shrugged at both.

"Fir tho aur bhi achha hai, nahi Samveda?"

Mrs. Mehra gave an appreciative nod. "Your daughter, Binoy, is really a diamond. We read about her acquiring the Yatis Hotels for your industries. Arvika, really very impressive."

I looked at Daadi who was giving me a mild smile. These were the situations in which I was supposed to be blushing. "Thank you, Auntie."

The waiter arrived to take our orders, and I observed the decor of the hotel. A chandelier was hung in the middle of the ceiling, casting a yellow glow throughout the floor, bouncing off the velvety brown walls. The paintings on the walls were abstract descriptions, a vivid splash of colours contrasting with its surrounding. Pleasing to the eye, I liked it..

"...don't mind at all, actually."

I had zoned out, but when I tuned back in, I choked. "Uhm, sorry, what?"

"You don't need to look so flustered, Vika," my father chuckled. "We said it's alright if you and Vansh start dating. You don't need to hide anything from us."

Confused, I looked at Vansh again. What was happening?

"In fact, I always routed for you," Mrs. Mehra winked. Winked!

The adults were laughing again. Me and my brother looked at each other. "What are they talking about?"

"I'm sorry," I said out loud, trying to grab their attention. "Par baat kis baremein chal rahi hai?"

"You and Vansh," Mr. Mehra said. "We only mind when you guys go behind our backs and date. Sharm kis cheez ki? Sugarscale had an article about you two... And the sales did increase then. It;s actually better if you both get well associated from an early stage."

"Good for what?" I frowned, the cogs in my brain finally turning. "The... company image?"

"Uhm," my father intervened. "Yes, Arvika. The Mehra's and Deewan's are forming a merger company. Under your names," he pointed towards Vansh and me. "So, if you guys are associated for a better future, profits are going to get a hiked by around seventy six percent. The young media already dotes after you two, doesn't it?"

This was history repeating itself. This was my mother's throwback to me.

"And it's not like you two don't know each other," Mrs. Mehra added. "The three of you have been chuddie-buddies for a long time."

"Well," Mr. Mehra spoke, "From now on at least, you don't have to hide you relationship from anyone. Unless it's affecting your grade, make it as public as you can. Under set limits, of course."

They started laughing at the weird jokes again. I was taking time to process all the information.

The mild yellow lighting was making it difficult for me to decipher the expression on Vansh's face. Mrs. Mehra was talking to Daadi about her health, Mr. Mehra was raising his glass of champagne, while my Dad clinked it against his own, and I was squirming in my seat. The turquoise dress was suddenly too short, and too uncomfortable for my liking, the place suddenly too suffocating.

"Do it," I could hear my brother whisper in my ear. "Do it Arvika."

I peered at Vansh, he was gripping his glass of wine a bit too tightly. Maybe he knew it too. Maybe he knew what was going to happen.

And then, I could hear my voice halting them. "I'm sorry, I do not agree to this."

Vansh wasn't looking at me anymore. He was shaking his head, but he wasn't the only one who was disappointed.

"What?" My father chuckled. "Kya hua?"

Mr. Mehra had an expression akin to my Dad's. It was embarrassing for both the parties. "I do not agree to this."

Mrs. Mehra's confused self seemed to be feeling helpless. "What happened? You guys are together right? Then what's the problem?"

I glanced at Vansh. This was not embarrassing, this was not awkward. This was a misunderstanding, it had to be.

"No, Mom. We aren't together," Vansh clarified.

"But that day you said-"

"I didn't say anything about us being together," Vansh chipped through his teeth.

My father was giving me the look he used to give me when we were small and I had done something wrong, the look that was expecting an apology, and I was stubborn enough to delay it. "Why don't we give the kids a little bit of time to cool off? Talk it out with Vansh, Arvika. I'm sure both of you are old enough to understand what you're dealing with and the repercussions if you don't. Bas merger ki baath ki hai, shaadi ki nahi. Stop over reacting."

"Dad." It was Arnav who spoke, because I was shaking in my seat. "Please."

Dad must have given him that look too, because he shut up after that. In hindsight, I saw Vansh getting up from his seat, and I proceeded to do the same, but Arnav's fingers rolled around my wrist.

My lips were rolled in, but I tried to give him the most reassuring smile I could conjure up. Turning around, I followed Vansh to the slightly less populated part of the restaurant. We stopped at a small balcony, pulling the curtains behind us.

It was difficult to find the courage to speak, we weren't looking at each other.

"You..." I breathed out, "You told your parents that we are a couple?"

"No," he said firmly, "I didn't Arvika."

I let out a long breath. "This, this seriously can't be happening right now."

"I'm trying to understand this too. You don't seem to be very keen on the idea, though."

I almost choked. "Was that proposal supposed to entertain me?"

"The other way round, actually. What is the problem, Arvika?"

I was knocked into my senses, I let out an overwhelmed laugh, turning to him. "What is the problem? Are you seriously asking me that right now, Vansh?"

"Yes, Arvika, I am. So what if I haven't asked you out officially before this? I like you, a lot. And I do know when my feelings are being reciprocated."

"Are you even hearing yourself, Vansh? Did you not listen to what was being said in there? They want us to be together for a business association!"

"I know, Vika," his hands came around to rest on my shoulders. "And I get where they are coming from."

"You do, huh?" I removed his hands. "You knew about this scheme for a long time, didn't you?"

"I-" he paused, running a hand through his hair. "Fine, I won't lie. I did, but only three days ago was I informed about this. And frankly speaking? It's quite clever." He shrugged.

My jaw hung open. "Clever? Vansh, this is foolish! Ham atthara ke bhi nahi hai! They are talking about Bandhan two point O!"

I was hyperventilating, and Vansh noticed it. "Deep breaths, Vika, deep breaths," he demonstrated while gently making me sit on the bench outside. Kneeling in front of me, he spoke, "Arvika, let's not be overwhelmed right now, okay? You're really smart enough to understand the dynamics of this deal."

I gulped. "Dynamics, huh? Fine, then. Our companies would merge, and bring in money bags.. It's paving dollar signs all the way to the future, but do you realise the other dynamic of the deal, Vansh? It is our lives they are playing with! All because a few people ship us together? Are they foolish? This is stupid! "

"Our family has been friends for sixteen years, Vika. They know what they are doing, and they are catching two birds with one stone!"

I stood up with him, trying to make him understand. "Vansh, no. That is exactly what is not happening here."

"Look, if this is about your mother, then your opinions are being formed on biased basis. Yes, this kind of thing didn't work out for your parents, but that doesn't guarantee that would be so in our case too!"

"For a moment, Vansh, can you please look at this matter openly, and not just from the business point of view?"

"You are asking me to not look at something from the business point of view?"

 "Vansh, ye hamari life hai, aur ham teenagers hai! Aaj we are attracted to each other, tomorrow I might turn into a lesbian!"

A sudden laughter humoured his face, "Vika, now you're simply being funny."

I was not, and I just wanted to cry at this point. "This kind of thing is almost illegal, Vansh!"

"Vika, calm down! Everything is going to be okay, alright? We are just going to be together for the time being. What if things work out, Vika? Did you hear the number Binoy Uncle stated? Seventy six percent! We can do this. Think about the percentage of shares that will be under your name! Your Dad knows how willing you are to take over the Deewan Industry. Let's... let's give Sugarscale something real to write about. Let's be their power couple."

If this was how my Dad planned on me taking over his company, everyone had another thing coming. I wasn't letting them pull the strings on me for this case.

"Vansh," I breathed out. "I am going home. This deal, it is not happening. I want my father's industries because I deserve them, not because I am his daughter and he can strike a deal by making me date someone. I like you, but I am not going to be your girlfriend if I am forced under such circumstances." I looked at our families, sharing tensed smiles. "Tell them I wasn't feeling too well."

I turned my back to him to walk away, but when I reached the curtains, the disappointment in his voice stopped me.

"You don't trust us enough, do you?"

I didn't turn around. I whispered loud enough for him to hear. "Ladies have a screwed sense of romance, Vansh. But this isn't one of them."

"Were you ever really into me?"

I walked away.

_____

Namoshtaii!

I admit, personally, this is not one of my best works. But like I told before, I just had to get this out to put the other things in place. However, I did not want you guys to suffer, and hence, DOUBLE UPDATEEE, terms and conditions applied: like me being free and not studying for College Entrances for example. GOD I JUST WANT THIS YEAR TO BE OVER ALREADY!

Also, brace yourselves okay? You can kill me if you want, because of the next few chapters because I don't want to see my Board Results. Someone remind me WHY the hell did I choose PCM.

In case I update today, it will be out at around 9-10 p.m.

Anyways, read vote comment, promote.

~chaashnee

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

361K 21.5K 56
"Vivaah Sampan Hua" Siddharth Nigam, a popular bachelor business man, mafia king is tied in a sacred bond called marriage with a hot, cute girl named...
251K 19.1K 69
■FEATURED ON WATTPAD'S OFFICIAL @dangerouslove ■ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▪︎▪︎▪︎ In spite of having proven her exceptional business acumen, Arvika Deewan knows that t...
19.4K 923 38
Eshaanvi is the youngest of the two sisters of KL Rahul. Being the youngest, she's not only the most adored and protected member of the family but s...
187K 16.6K 64
She had always heard, "Her Mr. Right would bring shimmering stars from the sky while she can just sit back and enjoy", and she had always told hersel...