Why Did I Get Married; Part O...

Commander_Camren द्वारा

A revelation of infidelity involving Lauren, weakens the already distressed marriage between her and her wife... अधिक

Prologue
Main Characters
Part One: Ultimatum
Part Two: Don't Say You Love Me
Part Three: Doctor Briggs
Part Four: Sister-In-Law
Not An Update
Part Five: Emotional Toll
Part Six: Feliz Navidad
Not An Update
Part Seven: Trust Issues
Part Eight: I'm Done
Part Nine: No Life After You
Part Ten: Let's Try
Part Eleven: Truce?
Part Twelve: A Family Affair
Part Thirteen: I Plead The Fifth
Part Fourteen: Are You The One?
Part Fifteen: Le Pont des Arts
Part Sixteen: The Kiss
Part Seventeen: A Revelation
Part Eighteen: Daddy's Little Girl
Part Nineteen: Romance
Part Twenty: The Cabellos (pt.1)
Part Twenty One: The Cabellos (pt.2)
Party Twenty Three: Because of You
Part Twenty Four: Jauregui Bonding
A/N
Part Twenty Five: Intimacy
(A/N) New FanFic
Part Twenty Six: Back To Reality
Part Twenty Seven: Communication
The Hurting, The Healing, The Loving
Part Twenty Eight: Date #1 - You're Perfection
Part Twenty Nine: Date #2 - I Can't See A Life Without You
Part Thirty: Last Session
Part Thirty One: Sing To Me
Part Thirty Two: Our Love Is Incredible
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter
Bonus Chapter #2
Bonus Chapter #3
(A/N) Why Did I Get Married 2

Part Twenty Two: Family

18.8K 577 1K
Commander_Camren द्वारा

Family.

Family is family, whether it's the one you were born with, the one you end up with or the one you gain along the way.

Even if you gain family unconventionally; say your father's infidelity. At the ending of the day, they're still your blood. You can choose to accept them or not.

That's all up to you; whether you forgive your father for all the pain and hurt that he caused you, and accept his child or children into your life, or you can simply just walk away.

Please remember, the people who left, the people who could not value you, the situations and the relationships that did not work out, and all the endings to everything... they all led you here.

You're growing. You're finally letting go, accepting the things that you simply have no power over, and you're focusing on you.

Here lies your losses, and your lessons.

Here you are, learning about yourself; your strengths, your weaknesses, your resilience to get back up and fight the things that knocked you down in the first place.

Here you are healing. And even if it doesn't feel like you are, even though you have bad days when you feel like the entire world has conspired against you...here you are choosing to continue. Here you are not giving up; on family, friends but most importantly, yourself.

You are choosing to move forward in the direction of all you deserve, no matter how slow the progress may be.

Here you are finding yourself again, after you swore that you lost yourself.

Finally, here you are...coming home.

***

"Lauren...Izzy," Camila scooped her daughter up. "I'll like you to meet someone. Well two someones." She gestured at Valentina and Becky.

"Wait," Lauren stared at the woman. "Haven't I done some work for you?"

Valentina stuck her hand out. "Valentina García is my government name, Valentina Cabello is my married named."

Camila looked on at the exchange of her wife and stepmother.

"You're Camila's stepmother?" Valentina nodded. Lauren then turned towards Rebecca. "Wait! Didn't I meet you at the park?"

Becky smiled sheepishly. "Yeah. That's me. Rebecca Cabello. The younger, cooler Cabello."Camila laughed and playfully shoved her sister. "Hi, Izzy! It's so good to see you again."

"Izzy, baby, this is your tía Rebecca," Camila told her daughter.

The child furrowed her brows. "Isn't aunty Maggie my tía?"

Camila nodded. "Sí. But Becky is my sister, so that makes her your new tía."

After a moment, Izzy's eyes opened widely and she beamed in excitement. She stretched her arms out towards Rebecca. "Hi, aunty Becky!"

The teenager laughed. "Hey, squirt. I guess, we'll be seeing more of each other now, huh?"

"And Nugget too?"

"And Nugget too."

Valentina looked at the child. She didn't necessarily know what to do. "Izzy, this is Rebecca's mummy..." Camila paused for a second. "She's your other abuelita."

A look of shock crossed Valentina's face but she tried to hide it, but unfortunately for her, Camila had noticed it. "Do you remember your abuelo Alejandro?"

Izzy furrowed her eyebrows in thought. She had one of her hands tangled in Rebecca's hair. "Yes, he's your daddy?"

Camila nodded. "She's your abuelo's wife."

"It's nice to meet you, Isabella," Valentina said.

"I like Izzy," she stretched her arms out for the woman. Valentina took a moment before she obliged and held the child. Izzy wrapped her arms around her, causing Valentina to smile. "Hi."

The woman laughed softly. "Hi, Izzy. I brought something for you," Becky gave her mother the gift, who then gave it to Izzy. "I'm not sure if it's okay with you?" She looked from Lauren to Camila.

Lauren shrugged. It wasn't up to her to begin with.

"It's fine," Camila said. "Izzy what do you say?"

"Thank you, abuelita," the child hugged the woman and took the gift. Valentina placed her back down so she can open it. When she opened the velvet box, there was a gold locket in it. "What's this?" She handed it to Lauren who opened it. There was a tiny picture of Alejandro in it, along with Camila.

"It was Ale's," Valentina said. "He had bought it many years ago and was intent on giving you it," she looked at Camila, "but he never could've done it. He was too scared to face you. So he kept it in his bedside drawer all those years up to his death."

Becky stooped to her niece's height and took the locket from Lauren. "Do you want me to put it on for you?" Izzy nodded. "There you go." Camila didn't say anything. She was too deep in thought. Even though she had finally let go of all the hurt from her childhood to now, she still often wondered what type of relationship she would've had with her father, had he still been alive.

Would she have moved pass all this?

"Izzy?"

The child looked up at Lauren, "Why don't you show your new abuela and tía your room?"

Izzy nodded in excitement. Valentina was about to protest because why would she want to see a five year old's room to begin with? But she reluctantly went along with it and headed upstairs with her daughter and granddaughter.  

Lauren then turned to her wife. "Are you okay, amor?"

Camila sighed. "I'm fine. Just thinking."

"About your dad?"

"No about the fact that my fans are driving me crazy demanding the album, Roger is up my ass, Izzy keeps subtly asking for a dog, and since the earth is dying, why can't I be dead to?"

Lauren blinked for a few moments until she responded. "Well that went from zero to one hundred real quick."

Camila laughed and rolled her eyes. "I'm kidding, babe. I'm too young to die. I meant the whole until death do us part thing. I ain't gonna die for some whore to scoop you up. Nope. No way José." Her wife snorted and placed a kiss on her lips. "Do it again."

"If I have to," Lauren sighed dramatically and kissed Camila again. "So...back to you. Is it about your dad? You never really went into what went down at your session the other day."

"There wasn't much that went down per say," Camila shrugged and pulled Lauren along into the living room. Maggie, along with Sinu were supposed to be showing up for their mini family get together. It was initially just supposed to be the Cabellos and Camila's little family, but you cannot simply have a 'party' and not invite Maggie. "It's just been overwhelming I guess. From not talking about my dad, to talking about him, then to visiting his grave."

Lauren kinked an eyebrow. "You went to his grave?" Her wife nodded. "Like his grave GRAVE?"

"Yes, Lauren. Keep up! I swear it's like I'm talking to a wall," Camila teased. "I know I didn't tell you but it's just too much. I finally let go of all the pain and hurt. As you can see," she pointed upstairs to where her step mother and sister were. "So that's progress, right?"

One day, it just clicks. You'll realise all the sorrow, all the pain, you've been feeling have long faded away. You realise how happy you've become not thinking about the heartbreak you've just gone through. Instead, you're focused on what makes you happy. What puts a smile on your face. What makes you feel alive.

You then learn how really happy you are, simply loving yourself and your life unconditionally.

Lauren took Camila's hand in hers and laced their fingers together. "It's a step in the right direction, babe. I'm honestly, so proud of you. And I know, wherever Alejandro is, if he heard you, if he heard all the things you said, he'll be happy." She brought Camila's hand to her lips and gently kissed it. "He loved you. I may not have known him, but anyone would be crazy not to love you. Even though he couldn't show it."

Camila sighed. A small smile on her lips. "Yeah, you're right. I'm pretty lovable."

The other woman rolled her eyes playfully, and bumped shoulders with her wife. "You're really cocky, you know that?"

"I'm not," the brunette shrugged. "I'm just acting. But I know for a fact that I am in fact very lovable. To think, after a whole year of me being an ass to you, you're still in love with me. That has to say something."

"It just means that I'm stupid," Lauren shrugged.

"Laurrrr!" Camila whined. "Just say that I'm lovable. Pleaseee," she pouted.

Lauren sighed heavily. "Sometimes I think I'm married to a puppy, that requires constant love and affection," Camila nuzzled her head against her wife. "I love you." She placed a kiss to side of the singer's head. "And...you're very lovable or whatever."

"Yay!" Camila said childishly. "I love you too. So much."

***

"You have a lovely family," Valentina said as she stepped into the backyard. Sinu had headed home. It was a rather long day after all, leaving behind Maggie, Valentina and Becky. They had all helped with the cooking of the dinner, and it went rather civilly. A lot better than what everyone had been expecting.

It was only now, that Camila and Valentina had gotten some time alone together.

"Here," the woman handed Camila a glass. "It's horchata. I know it used to be your favourite."

Camila smiled and took the glass. "It still is. I can't believe you remembered." Occasionally, when Valentina used to visit the Cabello home, she would make horchata for Camila. It eventually became her favourite drink over the years. She brought it to her lips and sighed in content.

"Just because I'm old now, doesn't mean that I've forgotten what you liked," Valentina said. They didn't look at each other.

Lauren was sat a distance off with their daughter, her sister and her sister in law. Izzy and Becky's bond only grew over the short span of time the two had spent together. Though, she was a bit confused as to her mother having a sister appear out of nowhere, she didn't voice it. She was just happy to have another addition to the family.

Lauren glanced over to where her wife was and she was a bit shocked to see her with Valentina. She kinked an eyebrow at her wife, possibly, she was silently asking her if she required saving. Camila simply smiled.

"Listen, Camila," Valentina started. "I...I don't even know how to say this. I know we can't ever get back what we had, but I want to try."

Camila turned her head to face Valentina. "I don't know if we can get back to where we were. We may have had a stronger bond over the years, if what happened didn't happen, but we can't take it back."

Valentina sighed and looked down at her glass. She regretted every single moment she had spent hurting Camila. The regret would come to her in her quiet moments; such as when she was going to sleep or when she was doing the dishes. In those few moments of calm, everything rushed back in. It would seep to the foreground of her mind and demand her attention. But she was tired of thinking about it, no amount of regret and 'I'm sorry' were going to turn back the clock. She had to get on with the here and now. And possibly make better choices the next time around.

"How many times am I going to have to forgive you, Val?" The familiar nickname rolled off Camila's tongue. She hadn't noticed it, but Valentina did.

Valentina cracked a small smile but tried to hide it. "Until I forgive myself."

"If I forgive you, shouldn't it be easier for you to let go? To finally forgive yourself?" Camila asked. "As much as I hated what you did and what you put me through, I never truly hated you."

Forgiveness is a letting go of all the negative emotions and memories. It is finally learning how to move on with whatever positives remain. Though, their relationship was rocky, Valentina and Camila could always have something again. They were family after all.

Some of us may think that it's weak to forgive. But forgiveness isn't a sign of weakness. It takes a strong person to utter the words; "I forgive you." It takes a very strong person to move pass the things that once hurt them.

"The guilt haunts me with every breath that I take," Valentina admitted. "Over the years, it had cut me so deep. It tore apart my heart. It ripped at my insides."

Camila placed her glass on the table and turned her body to face her stepmother. "We all make mistakes, Val. We've all done a lot of things that we regret, and at the time, it felt so good. You were so happy, that you completely ignored the consequences. You didn't take anyone's feelings into consideration besides yours. And that's swell," Camila paused for a moment and looked over at her sister. "But then, for the lack of a better phrase...shit hit the fan, and everything began to unravel. That's when you realised what you were doing was wrong. But no matter how much you try. How much regret that you hold in your heart, you can't change what happened."

Valentina didn't say anything. She just nodded, listening to the words that were flowing out of Camila's mouth.

"I don't think you truly regret what you did though," she raised a hand to stop Valentina. "Because how can you?" Camila glanced across at her sister again and saw that she was talking animatedly with Izzy. "If you didn't end up with my dad, you wouldn't have had Becky. I know you love her. No parent can hate their child, no matter how they were brought into this world, by whatever means."

The woman nodded. "You're right. I don't regret it completely. I can't imagine my life without Rebecca. She has been my happiness, and I haven't been happy for so long. When your father and I started the affair...Camila, I wasn't happy. My life was just a tragedy, and though it's not a reason for why we did what we did, I just want you to know. Being with Ale made me feel alive again. I finally felt happiness. My heart felt free. I could finally place my hand over my heart and feel it beating."

I remember reading somewhere once, that Vincent Van Gogh had ate yellow paint because he thought that it would make him happy. Yellow is bright. It's a representation of happiness. So he ate it in an effort to make himself happy. People might think he was crazy, but me? I don't. Because, if he was crazy, then I guess in a sense, aren't we all?

Vincent Van Gogh ate paint. Something so toxic, so poisonous in hopes of making himself happy. There are some people out there, who drink excessively, who do drugs, who have meaningless sex all in the name of numbing some sort of emotional pain, trying to fill an empty void. They binge, they self harm on the regular, and if you were to look at it and be nonjudgmental, you would see that these things are in a sense, our 'yellow paint'.

We're all searching for something to ease our pain, to bring us happiness...for our 'yellow paint'. I know for a fact no one drinks for the taste of the alcohol, no one does drugs just because. No one started doing these things without a reason. They drink, they do drugs, to enter into a state of forgetfulness. They want to enter into a world where all their problems seem to fade away, behind the blurred lines of sobriety.

At the end of the day, we're all just searching for our 'yellow paint'. No matter how much we deny it, we all just want to be happy. We all crave love; whether it's to love or to be loved. So in a sense, one can see where Valentina was coming from. She was in search of her yellow paint, and though she found it in a nontraditional manner, she jumped at the opportunity, the same way Van Gogh did.

"Stand up," Camila instructed Valentina. "Now, come closer....closer...closer." When the woman was standing directly in front of her, Camila wrapped her arms around her. Her step mother's body tensed, but immediately relaxed into the hug. Valentina wrapped her arms around the younger woman as well.

"This is unexpected," Valentina murmured into Camila's shoulder. "Unexpected but nice."

Camila laughed and pulled away. "We should probably do that more often. If you'll allow me anyway."

Valentina nodded, a smile on her lips. "I'll like that."

"Well, well, well," Maggie approached the two. "Do my eyes deceive me? Did I see y'all hugging?" She glanced between the two. "No but forreal, did my eyes deceive me? 'Cause I'm starting to lose my eyesight."

Camila laughed and playfully shoved her sister in law. "They didn't, Mags. Val and I are good now," she turned towards her step mother. "We are, right?"

Valentina smiled. "We are."

"That's good. Look at you making all this progress, Camzii. I'm literally so proud of you," Maggie threw an arm over Camila's shoulder. "To think we all said you were a bitter bitch and a shitty mother."

"Wait what?" She looked at Maggie, confusion etched on her face. "Who was saying that? Was it you, Lauren?" Camila yelled at her wife who obviously didn't hear what she and Maggie were talking about.

Lauren yelled back. "If I say yes, would you leave me alone?!"

Valentina laughed. "You and Lauren are quite the couple. Alejandro would've loved her."

Camila shrugged and looked at her wife. She was cradling Izzy in her arms, while she was talking to Rebecca. Possibly about photography, as Camila had learnt that was her sister's hobby.

"You look at her, and the love that fills your eyes..." Valentina trailed off. "It's something that almost everyone would yearn for. For someone to love them, the way you two love each other."

"She's still a shitty wife though," Maggie butted in. She was sipping on Camila's unfinished class of horchata. She smacked her lips together. "This tastes Mexican."

Camila snorted. "How does something taste Mexican?"

Maggie shrugged. "I don't know. It just tastes...Mexican." She raised the glass towards Valentina. "Y'all proceed with your lil heart to heart. I'll just be here. Minding my business, eavesdropping. Nothing out of the ordinary."

"Pardon my sister in law," Camila rolled her eyes at the younger woman. "Urban legend has it that she's a descendant of Homer Simpson."

Maggie face palmed. "D'oh!"

"See?" Camila gestured at her. "Point proven."

"You're also quite the pair. If you weren't married to Lauren, I would actually...as the young people say...'ship this'," Valentina used air-quotes. "But I'm afraid the two of you might end up killing one another before the relationship even starts to go anywhere."

Camila laughed. "That's true. Plus, she also has a massive gay crush on your daughter."

Maggie spluttered, causing the singer to hit her on the back. "W-what!? I..I..Ma'am, Mrs V, listen, Camila is lying. That's rubbish. Becky and I are just friends. She's a nice girl but..," she trailed off.

"She's young," Valentina stated. "I know she can make her own decisions..." she trailed off and looked at her daughter.

Maggie nodded. "Trust me. I completely understand where you're coming from. And even though, I think your daughter is insanely hot," Valentina kinked an eyebrow at her. "I mean...extremely beautiful, it'll be like dating Camila, and Camila is annoying."

Smack.

"Ow!" The model held the back of her head. "What the fuck, Camila? I'm being serious. You seem so annoying to date and as much as I love you, I cannot date your doppelgänger."

Camila rolled her eyes but didn't say anything.

"I think it's time Rebecca and I skedaddle," Valentina glanced at her watch.

Camila giggled and handed Valentina her jacket. "I don't think anyone says skedaddle anymore."

The woman laughed, taking the jacket from the brunette. "It was really lovely spending time with you again. Thank you for the dinner...and our little chat. It meant the world to me."

Camila pulled her stepmother into a hug. "It was nice. Felt like the good old days. Maybe we can do this again. Next time we can pull up in your restaurant?"

"Yeah. That sounds like a good idea," Valentina gestured for Rebecca to come. Lauren following suit with Izzy. "Thank you for having us Lauren. Next time we'll be hosting."

Lauren nodded. "The pleasure is all mine, Valentina. Izzy, princesa? Give your abuelita a hug."

The child obliged, wrapping her arms as best as she could around the woman. "It was nice meeting you, abuelita. Can you bring Nugget the next time?"

Becky laughed and ruffled her niece's hair. "You always ask about him, do you like him more than me?" She fake pouted.

"Only a little bit more. But I like you too!" Izzy said causing her aunt to laugh.

"I'll carry the little munchkin up to get ready for bed. See you guys around," Lauren excused herself, dragging Maggie along with her, leaving Camila alone with her family.

Valentina shrugged on her jacket. "I'll go grab the car," Becky nodded. "Again, I enjoyed every moment of today."

"Me too," Camila hugged her stepmother one last time. She turned towards her sister.

"Soo.."

"Soo.."

Becky laughed. "I'm glad to see you and mom getting along. It really makes me all warm and fuzzy on the inside."

"Did you think I lured your mom here to kill her?"

The teenager shrugged. "I mean, beats me. Sixteen years of life and my sister did not once ever acknowledge my presence or wanted me to meet her family, then all of a sudden, she invited us over?!" She said dramatically. "I made sure everyone ate first before I dived in. I wasn't about to be poisoned."

Camila punched her sister in the shoulder. "You know I would never do that, right?"

Becky nodded. She pulled Camila to sit on the handrail along with her. "It's just...I'm so glad that we're all getting along. That we're moving pass everything. I never thought this would be possible...and look at us now," she gestured to the vast horizons. "I'm sitting here at your house...at my sister's house. After spending some time with her over here. I've gotten to meet my niece, my sister in law. Things that I could've only imagined, and now they're a reality."

Camila smiled as her sister rambled on and on.

"I'm just so happy, Mila. You don't even know the happiness that's about to cause my heart to burst open with joy," Becky clutched her chest dramatically and sighed.

"Oh my god, you're just so extra,"
Camila laughed and shoved her playfully. "But honestly, I'm so glad to have you in my life. I just wish we could've done those sister sleepovers, where we braided each other's hair, talked about cute guys or girls. Whatever you're into. And drank the blood of our enemies."

"You lost me at the drinking the blood of our enemies part," Becky giggled. "But who says we can't still do that? I mean, I'm not into the whole braiding hair thing and talking about cute guys or whatever. Why don't we have a sister day some time?" She suggested. "Just the two of us."

Camila thought about it for a second and nodded. "That sounds like a pretty great idea, Beckster."

The teenager rolled her eyes. "I should probably be heading out now. I have school in the morning after all." She hopped off the handrail, Camila doing the same. "I'll talk to you tomorrow?"

Her sister nodded. "Talk to you tomorrow. Love you!"

"Love you too, Mila," Becky said over shoulder as she walked away.

***

The first time Camila and Lauren shared a bed, or slept together and just that sleeping, was when they just started dating. They didn't directly jump into having sex and Lauren didn't want to sleep over, but when their sexual relationship began, the two couldn't have gotten enough of each other.

The thing is, the first time Lauren laid eyes on Camila, in that crowded hall, Lauren knew that she was going to be the one. She knew with every fibre of her being, that she wanted to have Camila formerly Cabello all to herself.

She didn't want to wake up one day filled with regrets. Though, she was too nervous to even approach her, but as fate would have it, Camila approached her first.

She didn't want to be one of those persons who gave up their love for their lives.

Imagine, waking up one morning, alone or with someone sleeping next to you. You'll watch the sunrise, a cup of black coffee in your hand, as you blow the steam away, sipping on it occasionally, and for no reason, you'll think of that person. And then, it'll make you feel like you can't breathe as it hits you. It knocks the wind out of you, as you realise that you lost them.

Out of all the girls or guys in the world, you'll finally realise that they were the only person who truly, deeply, irrevocably loved you.

And you threw it all away.

You know what the worst part will be?

They'll be long gone.

***

"Hey," Camila said as she snuggled up to her wife in bed. Lauren draping am arm over her. Their bodies were so intertwined with each other's, that there was literally no space between them.

"Hi," Lauren dipped her head and captured her wife's lips in hers. The other woman sighing in content. "Izzy is fast asleep, and I'm beat."

"I know. I checked up on her before I came to bed," Camila rested her head on her wife's chest. She sighed as she felt Lauren's long fingers combing through her hair, slightly massaging her scalp. "Today was a day."

Lauren hummed in acknowledgement. "I see you and Valentina are starting to get along."

"I know...and it feels...weird, but a good weird, you know?"

Lauren let her head rest atop Camila's. She took one of her wife's hand in hers, and began to mindlessly play with her fingers. "I know what you mean. You just never expected yourself to forgive her. But I know you're not that type of person, Camz. You have a heart of gold."

And Camila knew Lauren was right. It had ached her all these years to be mad at her father and at the woman she once saw part of her family. So finally forgiving her, felt freeing.

"I hate that you're right. But I'm glad that's all in the past now," Camila smiled and snuggled closer into Lauren. As though, she was trying to connect with her soul. She wrapped her arm tightly around her wife. "I love you." She placed a kiss on Lauren's clothed chest.

Camila's arms wrapped right around Lauren brought her a sense of a peace she had never known before, a calming of the storms in her heart.

She sighed happily. "I love you too, amor. I'm so in love with you."

In that moment, Camila fell even harder for Lauren. The thing is, she fell more and more for Lauren every single day. How could that have been possible?

Camila randomly laughed.

"What's so funny?"

She pulled away from her wife and laid on her back, staring at their ceiling. "I just randomly thought about my dad," Camila admitted. "He would've never thought you deserved me. He would've been so worried that you'd hurt me. That you'd break my heart."

Lauren turned on her side to look at Camila. She brushed away a strand of hair in her face that prevented her from looking at Camila.

"But...I'd swear on my heart, that you  would never hurt me. I'd promise him that you really love me," Camila turned her head to stare into her wife's eyes. The moon's light illuminating their room, so she could've seen Lauren's face. "He was the first man that ever really loved me, and I know he'll love you too. Because that's all he ever want, for someone to love me, for someone to hold me. For someone to deserve me."

"Camz..."

Camila sighed, a sad smile on her lips. The thought of her father still hurts, because he would never be able to say these things. That's what breaks her heart now; the 'what ifs'. 

What if, usually hurts more because it has the power to haunt you forever.

What if?

What if?

What if...

Two words, endless possibilities.

"I wish he could've walked me down the aisle, see him with tears in his eyes as he told me how beautiful I looked."

Lauren reached out and stroked her wife's cheek. Camila revelling in her touch. "Then he'll finally admit that maybe you deserve me."

Lauren didn't know what to say, so she pulled Camila into her arms, and held her there until her quiet sobs that shook her body, eventually stopped. She kept Camila in her arms until she finally pulled away.

A soft voice filled their room, and broke apart their moment. "Mama? Mummy?" Izzy had her stuffed Olaf clutched to her chest, as she shuffled into her parents' room. "I can't sleep."

Camila lifted their duvet and allowed for the child to enter their bed. She laid between both her parents; Lauren running her fingers through Izzy's hair.

"Mummy?"

"Yes, princesa?"

Izzy took a moment or two before she responded. "Can you...can you tell me about grandpa?"

Camila and Lauren shared a look, the older of the two nodded  encouragingly, so that her wife could finally tell their daughter about her grandfather.

"Well..." Camila started. She told Izzy about that time her father taught her to ride a bike. About the time he held her so tight when she came crying into her parents' room when she had a nightmare. She painted him as her knight in shining armour; and at that time, he was.

Maybe he still was.

Eventually, Camila felt Izzy's breathing still beside her. She was snuggled to her side, Olaf still in her arms.

Lauren smiled. "I'm so proud of you." She whispered to Camila. "And you should be proud of yourself too, amor." She reached over their daughter, brushed a strand of hair out of Camila's face. She kissed her forehead and listened to Camila's sigh of content that left her lips.

"I'm proud of me too."

Lauren was tethering on the line of sleep. She placed a kiss on Camila's lips. "Good night, my love. Sleep well."

"Buenas noches, mi amor," Camila whispered as Lauren laid back on their bed.

Sometimes, nights like these, Camila wished could last forever. Her wife and daughter sleeping next to her, what more could she ask for? She even entertained the thought of leaving her career, just to spend more time with her family. Not to miss more moments like these.

But she shrugged it off and pulled the duvet higher. She sighed contently.

"I wish I could be here forever, laying here, but that still wouldn't be enough to love them."

***
Camila and Valentina's relationship is blossoming AND she's talking about her dad to Izzy?
Is that progress or is that progress?

Hope y'all enjoyed the chapter 🦋

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

257K 8.5K 32
Lauren found out her fiancé was cheating. Camila found out her son isn't hers. Then they found each other. CAMREN AU G!P POSTED: 06-15-2019 COMPLETED...
184K 4.6K 48
This is a story of what happened to Camila after she left Fifth Harmony. With all 5 of the girls' lives heading into different directions, will Fifth...
8.3K 296 14
A distraught Lauren does everything in her power to win the girl of her dreams, and save their marriage.. She takes her on a get away hoping to win h...
258K 10K 29
You are dating two girls from Fifth Harmony. Can you guess who? Yes, the allusive Camren. You love both of the girls with a passion, and you don't ev...