My Injuries, Your Injuries (C...

By xoCrashFire

Frank Iero, 17 years old, gets injuries randomly, out of the blue. He doesn't do them to himself and no one d... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39 -Final-
Epilogue

Chapter 24

16.1K 762 1.4K
By xoCrashFire

So, I might try to make a new cover for this. idk

gosh I'm very sore and sunburnt. ;-; my wrist is sprained and it hurts to unbend my arms. ugh ugh

*~*~*~*~*

"Frank," mom calls. I peek out of the blankets and see that it's still dark. "Frank, get up!" She screams.

"What?" I mutter, pushing the blanket off and propping myself on my elbows. I'm not in the mood. First, she talks lowly about Gerard. Now, she wakes me up in the early hours of the morning.

"Your phone won't stop ringing, answer it," She replies, tossing it at me.

"It isn't ringing," I mumble and put it back on the bedside table. Just when I set it down, it starts ringing.

"Hello?" I ask, holding the cold device to my ear.

"Frank?" It's Gerard and he sounds like he's been crying.

"Yeah, what happened?" I ask, suddenly I'm wide awake and ready to kill anyone who decided to hurt him. He has enough to deal with.

"Can you come over?" His voice is shaky and he's breathing heavily. "Please?"

"Yeah, I'll be there soon," I say, looking at my mom who's giving me a no you won't look.

"Okay, please hurry," he cries. I promise that I'll be there as soon as possible and then hang up, returning my mom's icy glare. I don't know why she just all of a sudden started acting like this.

"You aren't going," she says quietly, yet forcefully. "I won't let you."

"Mom, I'm going. Gerard sounded really upset and if you want him to stop 'making my body ugly', then I have to go. He won't stop on his own," I practically yell at her. That should make her say yes. She hates the idea of self-harm, especially when it affects me.

"Fine. Go, whatever." She turns and walks out of my room, stomping down the stairs and loudly slamming her bedroom door. Well, she's mad.

I quickly change into a pair of baggy jeans and a random shirt, slip on a pair of converse and grab my phone and keys.

I get in and speed to Gerard's house, it's 3:30 in the morning, he must be really upset if he wanted me to come over.

I go to the front door and before my knuckles can even hit the wood, the door is swung open and I'm being pulled into a bone crushing hug. "It's horrible," he mumbles into my shoulder, still crying a little.

"What's horrible?" I ask, prying his arms off of me so I can look at him.

He grabs my arm and drags me to his room. We sit on his bed and then he takes a deep breath and places his phone in front of my crossed legs. I look at the lit up screen and see that he has his texting app open and on a conversation with someone.

Unknown: hey gee, used your blade lately?

Unknown: where'd you go? I miss the rush of beating you senseless?

Unknown: little faggot got scared? is that it? you're scared

Unknown: I'll find you and save you another failed suicide attempt.

The messages ended at that one and the fact that someone would say those things to someone as fragile as Gerard makes me so mad.

"Who was that?" I ask, placing the phone next to his leg.

"I don't know, the number just popped up while I was trying to sleep. It got me scared, because obviously it's someone from where I used to live and they all know I'm from Jersey," he says, fumbling his fingers and looking everywhere but me.

"Do they know that you're from here?" I ask, meaning Belleville.

"I don't know," he mumbles. "It's hard to keep track of what people know about me when everyday they were whispering something about me." 

I get on my knees and walk/crawl over to him and sit next to him, moving his phone so I don't sit on it. I wrap and arm around his waist and hug him, "You know, Gerard, I'm proud of you."

"Why?" He asks, resting his head on my shoulder.

"With everything that person said, you refrained from self harming, that's really good and  I'm just glad you called me rather than hurt yourself." I look over at him and he moves his head so he can look at me. I smile and he returns it.

"Thanks, Frank. I just thought about what you told me earlier, that I should trust you with these things." He smiles again and pokes my cheek, "It's nice being able to trust someone."

I poke his cheek, "On a happier note than why I came here, we get our stitches out tomorrow."

"Yeah, I'm happy about that, these things are annoying." He chuckles a little, then quiets down. "Do you wanna, like, lay down?"

"Yeah, I'm really tired," I say, unwrapping my arm from around him. I crawl to the top of his bed and pull back the cover, getting under it. He follows, getting on the other side. When we're both settled, I scoot over and wrap my arm around him again. "You know, you shouldn't let that person get to you, it's probably an empty threat."

"I'll try to ignore it. Thank you, Frank," he says softly, squeezing his arm tighter around me.

"You're welcome, Gerard." I close my eyes and mumble, "Good night."

*

I wake up and shove a hand in my hair, scratching it. I uncurl my body from the fetal position I'm in and stretch out my tired limbs, reading for a day of sterile smells and questions.

I gently unwrap Gerard's arm from around my waist and stand up, stretching once more. I walk towards it and open the door, walking into the hallway and to the bathroom.

"So, you and Gee, huh?" Mikey's voice comes out of nowhere, scaring my still-tired self.

"Yeah," I mumble, stopping at the open bathroom door. He sounded a little intimidating when he said that.

"Don't hurt him, he's been through too much," He says, placing a hand on my shoulder. "I know you care, but you have to be gentle with him, he's too fragile to get broken again."

I nod my head, "I won't break him."

Mikey nods and walks back to his room, not even looking back. That was strange, but I know he meant well.

I go into the bathroom and take care of my business. After washing my hands I decide to use a bit of their mouth wash because morning breath is yuck.

I walk back to Gerard's room, opening and closing the door quietly, making sure not to wake Gerard.

I pick up my phone and dial my mom's number real quick. I sit on the edge of the bed and rest my hand on Gerard's arm, messing with the sleeve of his shirt.

"Hello?" she asks, sounding slightly annoyed.

"Mom, do you know what time I'm getting my stitches out?" I ask, rubbing my eyes, getting the sleep out of them.

"Yeah, around one. I'll meet you in the waiting room," She says, then hangs up, no bye, I love you or anything.

I sigh and put my phone back down, I must have seriously pissed her off. I look back down at Gerard, seeing how peaceful and relaxed he looks.

I take a deep breath and lay back down, not closing my eyes though because I'm not all that tired anymore.

I continue to mess around, running my fingers through his hair and messing with his shirt sleeve. I'd be laying if I said I'm not trying to wake him up. I'm bored and am in need of entertainment.

"Frank, stop," Gerard mumbles, swatting my hand away from his hair. I remove it, but put it back seconds later after he relaxes again.

"Stop," he whines, holding out the 'o'.

"No," I reply playfully, holding out the 'o' like he did. I twist his hair around my fingers, pulling it lightly every now and again.

He grabs my wrist and holds it, pulling it against his chest and wraps his other arm around my waist and pulls me closer, "Stop," he whispers.

"You have morning breath," I point out, just messing.

"Yeah? Well- you don't.." he says, sounding defeated. "How long have you been awake?"

"I don't know, like ten minutes," I answer.

He lets me go and sits up. I immediately miss his touch, but sit up as well.

"What time is it?" He asks, reaching around for his phone, but failing. I pick mine up and read the numbers, "It is a little past ten."

"Do you know when we're supposed to get our stitches out?"

"I get mine out at one, I don't know about you," I answer.

He sighs and gets up, looking like he'd rather just pass out for another hour, or five. "Why did you wake me up?" He asks, sounding all whiny. It was kind of cute, and this is coming from someone who hates when people whine. 

"I was bored," I say casually, shrugging my shoulders.

"Whatever, you dork, come on, I'm hungry." He comes towards me and grabs my hand, pulling me along.

"Am I cooking this time?" I ask.

"Do you want to?" He replies, glancing back at me while dragging me down the stairs.

"Not really, but kinda," I answer, just wanting to be complicated and annoying.

"Then you can not really, but kinda help me cook. Deal with it," he says, dropping my hand as we make it in the kitchen. He goes around, grabbing things to cook.

"What's on the menu for today, Chef Gerard?" I ask, leaning on the counter.

"Pasta," he answers, pulling out a box of noodles and a jar of pasta sauce from the cabinet. While he's bent over, I scoot to the side a little and look at his ass. Nice.

"Were you seriously looking at my ass?" He asks, setting the box and sauce down.

"Um, yeah." I shrug my shoulders. He has a nice ass, my bad for noticing.

She shakes his head and chuckles. We've only been together for a day, but I don't think that's going to stop me from doing what I do to guys I don't even know: check them out. Dating him just gives me permission to do it all the time.

*

We just got done with our pasta and it's now going on twelve o'clock. The reason it took so long was because we had to make another pot of noodles when I accidentally spilled them. I was carrying the pot to the sink to drain the noodles when a certain lanky fucktard decided to scare the shit out of me. I got burned all over my arms, torso, and feet. It only got on Mikey's feet.

I screamed, naturally, so Donna came down, prepared to kick the shit out of someone because she thought I was getting murdered. Mikey got chewed out by me and Donna, Gerard stood back and laughed.

"Are you okay?" Gerard asks, for the hundredth time, gently running his fingers over my bright red flesh.

"Yeah, I'm fine. It still stings, but I'm okay." I pull the neck of my shirt down and look at my chest, seeing that it's still red there, too.

"I'm going to get him back," I declare, pounding my fist on the table.

"How's that?" Gerard asks.

"I can burn all his posters and comic books," I muse, just thinking about how Mikey would react.

"Let's burn something that he wouldn't give his soul to keep," Gerard says, patting my hand.

"His bass," I say immediately.

"No, he cherishes that more than he cherishes me," Gerard chuckles.

"I can pelt his face with water balloons full of water mixed with jalapeno juice," I say. Oh gosh, I think that's the keeper.

"You want to burn the fuck out of his eyes in as pay back for burning your, basically, your whole body?"

"Yes. I'll do it... Um, when he's sleeping. I think, yeah," I say, giggling at the end.

"Do it next weekend, I'm pretty sure your mom and dad will murder you if you stay on a school night." I nod my head and smile.

*

I'm currently driving to the hospital. Gerard is in the passenger seat, shuffling through my music. His mom told him that he gets his stitches out at one thirty, so I just offered to drive him there to save Donna or Gerard, whoever would have drove, some gas.

"So, you're meeting your mom?" He asks, eyeing up a Blink-182 album I have.

"Yeah. And, this may seem rude, but don't tell her we're dating. She is super religious and would probably accuse you that I like guys. She'd say that you corrupted me or something."  I glance over and him and see that his expression dropped a considerable amount. I reach over and take his hand, "I just don't want you to get upset. I'll wait to tell my parents when they have no say in what goes on in my life. So, when I turn eighteen."

"How long will that be?" he asks.

"Halloween," I answer, making him perk up a little.

"That's only... Only..." He pulls out his phone to check the date. "That's thirty-two days!"

"Mhm, then she can't tell me that I can't see you. I'll be a legal adult." I squeeze his hand, then let go to cut the engine after I find a parking space.

"Let's go get our stitches taken out," I say, opening my door.

*skipping because I've never had stitches, therefore I don't know how they're taken out*

I walk back out and sit next to Gerard again, immediately bringing up conversation while mom sits there death glaring Gerard.

"Why does she hate me? She hasn't even said two words to me," he whispers, glancing over to her across the waiting room.

"She doesn't approve of you being my 'friend' because she thinks you'll bring me down and all this other shit," I whisper back.

"Am I bringing you down?" he asks worriedly, biting his lip and pushing his hair back.

"No, not even. Don't worry about what she says, Gerard. You'll never bring me down." I give him a small smile and he returns it.

"Gerard Way?" A female comes through the double doors and looks around.

He stands up and gives me one last smile before following the lady through the doors and down the hallway.

*~*~*~*~*

okay, wowie that was long. hopefully I didn't take too long with the update, I'm sorry if I did.

ily

xoCrashFire

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.2K 1.4K 26
•A story inspired by the song "wish you were gay" by Billie Eilish• Calum is always sad and Ashton wants to change that. (Completed)
21.1K 817 20
Okay guys there r like so many mistakes in this story and this shit doesn't makes sense so read at Ur own risk 😬 Harry is a nerd. Zayn is a bully to...
49.8K 1K 46
There is a new werewolf in town, but she is no ordinary werewolf. Meet Melody Monroe, a sixteen year old girl who's family was murdered, who doesn't...
42.5K 2.4K 13
When Brigadier Amarjeet Dhillon's daughter, Jiya, goes missing 10 days before her wedding, he trusts no one but Captain Ishaan to bring her back. To...