legacy [one] || brett talbot

By voidohana

"it's not a legacy. it's a misfortune." season four. book one of the "legacy" series all rights reserved to v... More

Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
Book Two

11

4.4K 132 65
By voidohana

Chapter Eleven || A Promise To The Dead

The morning after the Deadpool ended Peyton woke up early, much to Brett's dismay. She had heard the night before that Deaton was not going to be at the clinic that morning, and Scott had asked why. The reason was because he was going to go catch a Wendigo that escaped Eichen House. Eichen was exactly the place she needed to go to save Derek. She needed to speak with a patient, Valack.

After the two captured Patrick, the wendigo, they brought him back to Eichen, and Peyton asked to speak with Valack. Doctor Fenris reluctantly agreed but said Deaton had to go with and she only had fifteen minutes to get information out of the man.

"Ms.LaMont, I knew you'd be visiting me soon." Valack says. Peyton looks over to Deaton and he just nods.

"So I assume you know I want to know about South American Mythology." Peyton crosses her arms.

"You want to know about Kate Argent. You could care less about everything else."

"You're probably right about that, but I don't have the time to sit and chit chat." Peyton declares. "Kate did something to Derek Hale when she took him to Mexico. He's lost his power and his death has been predicted by a banshee. I need to know how to save him. I don't care what it is, just tell me how to save him."

Valack just sits there for a second with a thoughtful look on his face before turning to the two again. "Derek Hale. Why is he so important to the two of you? If I'm correct he's referred to as "Sourwolf". Not many people would go to these great lengths to save him."

"He's pack. Family, actually. You do anything and everything to save the ones you care about." Peyton responds. Valack nods and turns to Deaton.

"I made a promise to the woman I loved."

"Now you know our reasons. Tell us how to save him."

§§§

Brett had left Peyton's house a while after she did. He needed to talk to Satomi. He needed to know everything about what being "mates" with Peyton meant.

"I need to know what all of this entails. Are we supposed to get married or something? We're teenagers." Brett wonders.

"No, sweetheart. You and Peyton can decide when and if that should happen." Satomi assures her beta. "You and Peyton, share a very, very strong bond already, and all of the time the two of you spend together is making that bond stronger. Eventually, you'll mark each other, after that you'll feel each other's pain, emotions, you'll hear her thoughts." Brett raises his eyebrows.

That should be interesting.

"There are some downsides to this though." Satomi states. "You won't want to be away from each other. You'll get angry when someone touches her. As will she, especially since she is an alpha, and you are technically in her pack now."

"But we live an hour and half away from each other."

"That's something you two are going to have to figure out."

§§§

"Hey, how'd it go?" Brett asks Peyton as he slices an apple. Peyton ignores him and walks right up to him. Brett turns his head to glance at her but as he does that Peyton grabs his face and looks lovingly at him. "You ok?" Peyton leans in and presses her lips to his and Brett doesn't hesitate to join in. They pull away after a few seconds and Brett places one kiss on her Cupid's Bow.

"Everything's going to be fine." Peyton smiles.

§§§

The next day at school Liam and Mason are in the weight room during their P.E. hour. Liam loads three hundred pounds onto the bar and Mason looks at him sideways when he sits on the bench.

"You sure you can do that?" Mason asks. Liam lays down and gets under the bar to move it from the hold. He pushes it up with ease, brings it down to his chest and pushes it up. Then he places it back and sits up. "Ok, we'll do you need a spot?"

"Do I look like I need you to spot me?" Liam snaps.

Mason grows irritated with his friend and scoffs. "Whatever, I'm going to shower." Then he walks out and into the boys locker room. After he unlocks his locker and grabs his towel he hears a loud grunt and a gasp for air. He drops the towel and runs into the weight room to see Liam with the bar on his chest, struggling to breathe. "Liam!" He tries to pull the bar off of him but it doesn't budge. "Hold on one second!" He runs out into the hallway and runs over to Peyton, who just got to her locker. "Help!" Mason grabs her arm and starts dragging her back to her brother.

Peyton obviously follows and listens for Liam's heartbeat.

Fast, and jumpy.

She makes it through the doors and lands her eyes on the boy, who is now turning blue. She runs over and grabs the bar. She easily lifts it up and places it on the holder while Liam gasps for air. She stands him up and he peers over his shoulder at the mirror.

"Are you ok?"

"I'm fine." Liam snaps.

Peyton looks behind her at Mason, who is standing awkwardly. She turns back to Liam.

"I don't know what's going on with you, but he's your best friend. If you don't want to be in mine or Scott's pack that's fine, and if he has something to say about it I will kick his ass, but please don't push your friends away."

§§§

The next evening Liam, Stiles, Peyton, Brett and Khloe are standing by the bench waiting for Scott and Kira to arrive for their Lacrosse game. The game was about to start, and no one had heard from them since they had their date, so they assumed they were just, busy, with each other.

"Where are they? They should've been here by now?" Stiles worries as he frantically ties his cleats up.

Brett looks at Peyton and gives her a look, asking "Does he do this often?". Peyton rolls her eyes and nods. Khloe, who is standing between Peyton and Liam sits in front of Stiles, who keeps messing up his knot. She grabs his string and ties them for him.

"Thank you Khloe." Stiles sighs.

"Stiles, don't worry about Scott, ok? He and Kira are probably just doing some things."

"What things Pey Pey?" Khloe looks up to her sister with innocent eyes. Peyton's eyes widen and she darts her eyes away from the girls big brown eyes.

"Uh... They're playing board games Khlo." Peyton lies.

"Ooh. Can I play too?"

"No!" Liam screeches.

"Not today ok." Peyton says. "We're going to watch Stiles and Li Li's game with Malia, maybe tomorrow." Khloe pouts but then nods. The referee blows the whistle signaling the game is starting so Peyton and Khloe hug their brother and Stiles before going to find Malia in the bleachers.

"Really? "Li Li"?!" Brett laughs. Peyton flicks his ear and Brett stops. "Ouch woman." He mutters.

Khloe stomps over and punches Brett in the bicep. "My Li Li."

"You can keep him Khlo." He says. "But I get to keep Peyton." Brett bargains.

Khloe gives him a death glare and climbs into her sisters lap. "My Peyton." Peyton hugs her sister and leans down to grab her phone out her bag. Khloe takes the opportunity to stick her tongue out at the older beta. Once Peyton straightens her back she presses a kiss to the doe eyed girls cheek.

"Ok. Can I keep Malia?" Malia gives Brett a confused look.

"No, I love Lia."

"Love you too Khlobug."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.4K 1.1K 37
โ If the last thing that I do is to bring you down I'll bleed out for you...โž Senior Year is supposed to be the year where you're making decision...
605 11 7
This is a challenge created by @ChayaConnelly that I joined. Basically a Thiam-week, where everyone who joined in drops a short story every day to t...
13.6K 259 16
After Stiles got possessed by Void, The Dark Kitsune, The Nogitsune, Alex and her Pack find a small problem, Derek gets taken by somebody and gets ch...