Moments (One Direction fanfic...

By Ghostwhisperer

It's been 2 years since Sophie's brother Louis left home to follow his singing dreams and audtion for the X-f... More

Moments
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22

Chapter 2

793 16 5
By Ghostwhisperer

 Picture of Daniel on the side! :)

                                       Now

        The roar of the crowd was all I could hear as I watched our high school football team score another touchdown. My boyfriend Daniel, who just happened to be the quarterback of the football team, caught my eye and winked at me which made me blush uncontrollably. I blew him a kiss from the stands and watched as he flashed me his heartbreakingly handsome smile before he walked back over to where all his other teammates were celebrating.

“Don’t think I didn’t notice you giving Daniel the goo-goo eyes a moment ago,” my friend Erica said, bringing me out of my thoughts. I glanced over at Erica and was struck by how beautiful she was with her long, caramel brown hair, hazel eyes, and clear, olive skin.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” I said shrugging it off.

“Come on Sophie ever since he asked you out 3 months ago, you’ve been completely obsessing over him,” she said, a hint of jealousy in her voice.

“Is that jealousy I hear?” I joked.

“I’m just saying you shouldn’t get too involved, you never know what’s going to happen,” she said, taking on a serious tone which was rare for her.

“I know you are doing this for my best interest but Daniel isn’t like that, he is sweet and caring and smart and sexy and everything I’ve always wanted in a guy,” I said.

“Do you think he’s the one?” she asked me.

“I think he may be,” I said looking her in the eye to let her know how serious I was.

“Just be careful, promise me Sophie,” she said.

“I pinky promise,” I said lifting one of the corners of my mouth into a smile.

She held out her pinky for me and hooked her pinky in mine before pulling it away and back into the thick, black gloves she was wearing.

“Enough with all this seriousness, let’s get in the spirit of the game and do the wave,” she said standing up. I smiled to myself as the old, crazy Erica came back.

“Come on party poopers get off your lazy tart and do the wave with me,” she said, pulling me up from my comfortable seat on the bleachers.

“Just this once,” I said, giving in to her demands like always.

“That’s more like it,” she said while pumping her fist in the air.

We waited as the other side stood up and then when the “wave” hit us we waved our arms frantically and then sat back down.

“Well that was fun,” I said sarcastically.

“You know if you keep frowning your face is going to get stuck like that,” Erica said.

“Haha very funny,” I replied.

“I honestly don’t know what Daniel sees in you,” she said jokingly.

“Are you kidding me? I’m an uber sexy, awesome, talented, popular, smart and stylish goddess,” I said as I winked at her.

“You have an ego the size of Texas,” Erica said, rolling her eyes at me. Before I could reply a familiar song started to blast through the speakers.

You’re insecure

Don’t know what

For you’re turning

Heads when you

Walk through the

Do-o-or

I looked over at Erica and covered my ears at the exact moment that she started to scream. I gave her my best ‘horror movie-I’m going to kill you look’ until she stopped fan-girling.

“I love this song,” Erica said as she started to bounce up and down in her seat.

“I know, you’ve played it like a billion times,” I groaned.

“And it never gets old,” Erica said as she started to sing along.

“If only you saw what I can see, you’ll understand why I want you so desperately,” Erica sang as I looked over at her like she’d grown a third eye.

“Why don’t you like that song?” She asked me after it was done playing and the song ‘Tonight, Tonight’ by Hot Chelle Rae started to blast through the speakers.

“It just reminds of Louis, who isn’t here right now,” I muttered as I looked at the ground. I looked at her out of the corner of my eye and noticed her cheeks warm and a blush start to make its way onto her cheeks as I mentioned my brother’s name. Erica had had a crush on my brother for as long as I could remember but the sad thing was he only thought of her as his little sister’s best friend. She would never admit it but even though she knew he didn’t think of her in that way she still missed him just as much as I did.

I was about to ask her about her crush on my brother when a pair of hands covered my eyes and I was momentarily blinded. I felt the person lean down and felt their breath tickle my ear as the person huskily whispered “Guess who?”

“Taylor Lautner?” I asked as a smile lifted the corners of my mouth. I knew exactly who it was as soon as I heard that deep, husky voice of his.

“Even better,” he said as he kissed my cheek without moving his hands from my eyes.

“Johnny Depp?” I asked.

“You know you’re kind of cute when you’re sarcastic,” he said as he pulled his hands away from my eyes.

“Daniel?” I asked faking disappointment. “I was really hoping that you where Johnny Depp coming to take me away to some magical place.”

“Well I could be your Johnny Depp,” he said as he leaned forward and we were suddenly face to face.

“I don’t want Johnny Depp, I want you Daniel, and only you,” I said as he closed the distance between us and placed his warm lips on mine. He kissed me slowly as his soft lips moved in sync with mine. I loved the taste of his lips on mine and the way he made butterflies erupt in erratic flutters in my stomach. As he started to deepen the kiss I heard someone loudly clear their throat beside me. I reluctantly broke our kiss and turned to look at Erica.

“Sorry if I didn’t want to watch you guys suck face the rest of the night,” she said, raising her hands up in a defensive gesture. I silently laughed to myself and relaxed when I felt Daniel start to laugh next to me. I was glad that Daniel and Erica were starting to get along. When I first started dating Daniel, Erica was skeptical of my choice. She thought he was the typical quarterback stereotype where he would get any girl he wanted and when he got what he wanted from them would then dump them and leave them for some other girl.

After a lot of convincing on my part I told Erica that Daniel wasn’t like that and he never put those types of moves on me. After our first couple of dates she was still a little apprehensive but she soon started to warm up to the idea of me and Daniel dating. They loved to tease each other and acted like brother and sister sometimes with the way they fought with each other. I glanced around at my best friend and boyfriend as they fought over who was going to take me home. Wait…what?

“The game’s over?” I asked dumbfounded as I took in my surroundings and noticed all the people packing away their stuff and leaving.

“Yeah it ended about five minutes ago,” Daniel said.

“That must have been some conversation we were having Erica, we totally missed the fact that the game was over,” I said looking over at my friend.

“Yeah, must have,” she muttered under her breath.

“Did we win?” I asked Daniel.

“Yep, it was 32 to 19,” he said as he proudly puffed out his chest.

“Ok Casanova,” I said as I got up from my seat and stretched.

“Let’s go, my butt is numb,” Erica said bluntly as she got up from where she was seated and stretched her legs.

“So who’s going to drive me home?” I asked. This caused Erica to turn to Daniel and lecture him on why she should be given the honors of driving me home since she was my best friend. This caused Daniel to give her a lecture on how since I was his girlfriend that it would only be polite that he drive me home. I watched them go back and forth until I started to get a headache.

“Guys!” I shouted, grabbing both of their attention.

“What!” They both shouted back.

“How about a game of rock, paper, scissors and whoever wins gets to drive me home?” I suggested.

“Just to let you know, I’m the reigning world champion of rock, paper, scissors,” Daniel said turning to Erica.

“Bring it on, pretty boy,” she said with a devilish smirk plastered on her face. After a few minutes of cursing and yelling, Erica won and we left.

“I’ll see you tomorrow,” Daniel said as we reached Erica’s car.

“I can’t wait,” I said as I stood up on my tip toes and quickly pecked him on the lips. Daniel moved in for a second kiss when he was interrupted by Erica shouting “Enough with the PDA I swear if I have to see it one more time my eyeballs will fall out of their sockets!”

“You’re just jealous because you’re going to be forever alone!” Daniel shouted as Erica flipped him off.

“I’d better go or Erica will have my head,” I said as I started to walk to where she was impatiently waiting by her car.

“I love you Sophie,” Daniel shouted as I climbed into the passenger seat of Erica’s car.

“I love you too,” I shouted as Erica pulled out of the school parking lot and drove me home.

“Aw, teen love,” she said, giving me the goo-goo eyes.

“Shut up,” I said as I punched her arm lightly and we both burst into spontaneous laughter. I looked out the window and kept the blush from creeping onto my cheeks. Daniel’s words kept playing over and over in my mind like a broken record and when we pulled up to my house and I made my way to my room I finally allowed myself to smile.

A/N

So I finally posted chapter 2 and I am so excited for you guys to read it. In this chapter you guys get to meet Sophie's boyfriend Daniel and her best friend Erica. Aren't Sophie and Daniel cute? and What do you guys think about Erica? Like always please comment or vote and thanks for reading. Chapter 3 will be up soon. Love you peeps! :)

                                          ~Payton

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.3K 86 10
Sophie Hall had never really given much thought about the popular Louis Tomlinson, who she guessed, didn't even know her name, until one fateful day...
2.8K 77 22
(ONE DIRECTION - NIALL HORAN) Victoria goes to visit her cousin in England. He used to be like a big brother to her, but they haven't spoken in nine...
933 10 54
Harry Styles/One Direction FanFic Recent high school graduate Olivia Hartman never thought community college would be part of her plan. In fact, she...
3.6K 77 17
Becca isn't your typical girl. She's into '90's music and, well, anything that's unique. She was raised by her mom and is a only child, but when she...