crucio ━ harry potter (1)

By harringtonsbloom

KILLING CURSE SERIES || in which the daughter of sirius black discovers she is destined to destroy the wizard... More

introduction and cast
graphic portfolio + scene manips
volume
i. Crucio vs engorgio skullus
ii. The singing lady
iii. the inner eye and lessons
iv. trevor the toad
v. boggart in the wardrobe
vi. late nights
vii. halloween disappointment
viii. rebellious gryffindors
vix. downfall of quidditch
x. lupin's favouritism
xii. christmas toll
xiii. chocolate cake
xv. the start of the damage
xv. full moon
𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝟮: 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗚𝗢𝗕𝗟𝗘𝗧 𝗢𝗙 𝗙𝗜𝗥𝗘
i. Lonely days
ii. morsmordre
iii. the unforgivables
iv. inevitably doomed
v. punches and the hungarian horntail
vi. unknown parcels
vii. sky full stars
viii. the dog
ix. broken hearts (for more than one)
x. matchmaking
xi. the yule ball (part1)
xii. the yule ball (part2)
xiii. a lonesome christmas
xiv. a splash of water
xv. scarlet women
xvi. incapable of human emotions?
xvii. potter for the win
xviii. the return
xvix. a (not so) cheery family reunion
𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝟯: 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗢𝗥𝗗𝗘𝗥 𝗢𝗙 𝗣𝗛𝗢𝗘𝗡𝗜𝗫
i. drunk words, sober mind
ii. grimmauld place
iii. humble encounters
iv. joys of parenthood
v. difference in demeanour
vi. star wars marathon
vii. black roses
viii. luke's intentions
ix. the boy who lies
x. the first day
xi. detention
xii. saturday
xiii. beckham hampton
xiv. the longbottoms
xv. high inquistor
xvi. hog's head
xvii. hagrid's tale
xviii. the dream
xix. the dragon
xx. the accident
xxi. long overdue
xxii. goodbyes
xxiii. déjà vu
xxiv. arthurs attack
xxv. christmas*
xxvi. times turning
xxvii. chess
xxviii. beckham's theme
xxix. a bad day
xxxi. the start of the downfall
xxxii. o.w.l.s*
xxxiii. caught
xxxiv. ministry of magic
xxxv. loss of control
xxxvi. conjoined
xxxvii. bittersweet ending
𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝟯.𝟱: 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗥𝗘𝗩𝗢𝗟𝗨𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡
i. The change
ii. search for sirius
iii. acceptance
𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝟰: 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗛𝗔𝗟𝗙 𝗕𝗟𝗢𝗢𝗗 𝗣𝗥𝗜𝗡𝗖𝗘
i. the reawakening
ii. unexpected arrivals
iii. weeks
iv. her hope
vi. open grave
vii. the boy and girl who lived
viii. don't go breaking my heart
ix. control
x. love
xi. reality hits
xii. adjustment
xiii. tiny dragons
xiv. "why is it always you four?"
xv. gryffindor party of broken hearts
xvi. hyperion
xvii. the party of jealously
xviii. the aftermath
xvix. a different christmas
xx. the ski resort part one
xxi. the ski resort part two
xxii. ron's birthday
xxiii. the aleksanders*
xxiv. felix felicis
xxv. the four sisters
xxvi. sectumsempra
xxvii. tequila
xxviii. crash
xxix. runskin
xxx. bliss
xxxi. the plans
xxxii. the last dance
xxxiii. melancholy
xxxiv. obilerate*
time skip:
01. aurora's lament
02. Accomplice
iii. strangers
epilogue
BOOK TWO IS PUBLISHED

v. flames arise*

20.6K 1.1K 1.6K
By harringtonsbloom

★ ★ ★

CHAPTER FIVE:

FLAMES ARISE

★ ★ ★

When Aurora and Beckham made it back to Grimmauld, they weren't alone.

As they were packing up their belongings, which mostly consisted of things from her grandparents house that belonged to her mother, she noticed a figure outside the window. When they figure almost seen her, instantly her and Beckham almost dived to the ground.

"You seen that too, right?" she whispers her back against the window. Beckham gives a small nod with the pot in his hands. "Oh, put that pot down!"

"Protection?"

She gestures to herself, and he scoffs.

She leans forward and peaked out the window. For just a split second she thought she saw no one, before her eyes landed on him, and the rest of the people surrounding him.

"Do you still have the portable screen I gave you at the Weasleys? Incase we get split up-"

Beckham stared at her. "Portable screen?"

She reached into her bag, and pulled out the portable screen.

He let out a quick laugh but stopped himself. "You really know nothing about muggles, do you? It's called a walkie talkie."

She rolled her eyes. Of course he knew stuff about muggles - she was certain she got an O in her O.W.L exam.

"Right. Do you have it?"

He reached into his pocket and searched around before sighing. "I must have left it at the burrow."

"When we go through the portal we'll get split up. You'll end up wherever our bodies were!" she whispers, "I read about it. I don't know how long we've been gone for so I don't know where either of us will be. That's why I wanted you to have that."

"It's fine. We just both send each other a letter to let the other know we're okay." Beckham begin before adding. "And sign it with a nickname."

"Smart idea."

It had been just twelve o'clock meaning they hadn't much time left and it had to be done outside. The portal was so big it would have crashed through the walls of Twelve Grimmauld if not.

She narrowed her eyes. "Your dad is here." somehow she was expecting that.

"He what?" Beckham leaned over and seen his father was outside. He must have been telling everyone to find them. His eyes widened. "How are we going to get out?"

Aurora slowly looked up at him and frowned. She knew exactly how they were going to get out and it didn't seem to hit him until he saw her expression.

"He killed my mum, he killed me." she told him lowly. "For all I know he killed everyone else back home. It's...time, but if you don't want-"

"Do what you need to do." Beckham interrupted without hesitation. "He's never been my father."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive."

"I'll be right back. I need to grab something."

Aurora discreetly moved past the window and up the stairs into Regulus' room. Once she was in there she quickly looked around before spotting and grabbing her mother's grimoire.

Her mum had left the instructions saying not to bring the grimoire but there was so much information and spells about her magic she had to.

She quickly shoved it into her bag, and went out into the hallway. Beckham was backing away from the window.

"They're coming this way. What should we do?"

Her eyes widened. "I have an idea. Follow me." she ran into the living room and grabbed the radio. "Turn it on." she whispers to Beckham whilst she opens Sirius' old track records. She flickers through them all before spotting one in particular that made her want to applause herself right away.

She put the track into the radio, and put it underneath the couch. The music blared loudly.

"Oh really," Beckham laughs. "You had to choose staying alive?"

Beckham was confused but she had no time to explain for the door opened. Quickly she grabbed his hand and dragged him underneath the stairs. There was a small room underneath there that was meant for Kreacher. She ended up almost on top of him but no one would have seen them there.

She glances out through the door and sees the figures. They must have gained new confidence this time because they weren't masked, and instead looked like normal people. Aurora waited a few moments and watched as they all huddled into the large living room, searching for her.

"What are we waiting for?" Beckham whispers, his hand supporting her from falling over.

"The right moment."

When she looks outside the hallway again, all of them are completely huddled into the room, trying to find the source of music. They must have thought she was doing some sort of trick, that maybe she was hiding in there. She heard a few other people upstairs but it couldn't have been anymore than three.

Quickly, she ran out from under the stairs and closed the door just in time as one person turns. She extends her hands and the doors locked. She focuses even harder and a barrier closes around the room.

She felt extremely dizzy but pushed past it.

The two of them were extremely quiet as they crept out of the house. There was a lot less of them out here but they were a good bit away. She could barley make out their figures. Beckham and her hide behind one of the cars.

"Come on Aurora, I know you're out there." Marcos' voice came through on her walkie talkie and both her and Beckham almost screamed. "Please do not make it difficult for yourself and show me you. We have all missed you quite dearly, especially your dear little Harry.....oh you should have seen him these last few months it was very sad...."

Her eyes narrowed when he said Harry's name. She glances back at Grimmauld before leaning over and placing the walkie talkie close to the living room window so he could hear the song.

No matter what happens she was going to be back home within the next hour. She would make sure of it.

"I know you're there." Marcos says when she pulled it back. She felt her anger growing. "I know you've been here all this time, hiding, planning and scheming for a way to get out. Come on Aurora just give me a little indicator of where you are, as I do know you're here."

Aurora stared down at the walkie talkie in anger, and it burst into flames.

"Wait here." she whispers to Beckham. "You...don't want to see this."

His mouth opened to speak but she was already gone and she ran over to the furthest car she could find. She glances underneath the car and positioned herself so she could see him. There was three people ahead of her. All of his followers. The people who played a role in her death.

She extended her hands and closed her eyes towards the closest man she saw, neither of his two friends noticed his hands flying up to his throat as he tried to breath until he dropped to the ground. However by then it was too late because she did the same to them at the same time and they both dropped down too.

"I'm going home tonight." she whispers to herself when she starts to feel sick. "Just need to stay awake a little longer."

She forces herself to stand up and run towards the remaining two men. The first one she put her hands to his throat - she didn't even know what affect she had but he withered in pain and her hands turned warm, like fire on his neck. He fell to the ground.

She glances down at a part to an old car on the ground. She picks it up.

However when she saw the last follower left, she instantly knew she didn't want to use her magic. Instead, when he turned to her in shock she hit him to hard across the head he instantly fell out.

That was for hitting Harry, she thought. Before she left she hit him again with it, that's for hitting Harry twice.

She didn't see Marcos at first until she heard his noises of pain from far away. She followed it until she did. Despite the fact she told herself she wasn't fearful of him, her death replayed in her mind as she neared him. The walkie talkie had burned him in the face.

When he turned around, he greeted her for the last time.

He extends her hands. "And so you've arrived look

She narrowed her eyes. "Don't got any hidden blades in your coat, do you?"

"No, just me." he answered. Aurora noted how he sounded like he was going to give up. Correction, even the way he was seemed like he was finished. She narrows her eyes. "Where is he then? My son? Beckham."

"Dead, cause you killed him."

"Oh, no he isn't, is he? I knew your mother, such a kind heart she had-" he mocked. "I know she wouldn't have let him go so easily. I tried my uttermost to ensure she would never be able to have a child, you know? I gave your grandparents that potion, I tried spells, I even tried to date her myself, so I could keep an eye on her-"

Aurora's face turned red from anger.

Marcos laughed cruelly. "Nothing would work. Not even old magic could stop it. She was destined to find your father and have you. She had no idea what she created. No idea what she did-"

"Because you killed her." she interrupted, stepping closer. "Because you killed my mother."

"Technically you killed her, the curse was that neither of you could be alive at the same time. The most weak one died and that was her."

Aurora couldn't stop herself when she had extends her hands and forced her everything into him. She put so much hatred into her actions and head. It worked because he screamed out in agony falling to the ground. He bled from his ears, and withered in pain. She marched out and when he lifted his head, she punched him, and didn't stop until he couldn't speak.

"That-that was for my mum." she whispers lowly, and kneels down beside him. "I expect when you are gone, she'll be greeting you on the other side."

She saw his eyes fill with fear but it didn't matter because she summoned ropes and tied them around his body so he couldn't move.

"What are you doing?" he asked as she tied the rope to a lamppost and shoved him against it. He fell to the ground.

She continued to tie it as tight as possible. "I've spent probably a year here at this stage and do you know what kept me going everyday? Knowing that I was going to kill you." she says after finishing. "Knowing that I would get revenge from my mother, and father."

He narrows his eyes but she seen the fear. "I want to see my son."

"How about you let me decide what happens here? You know when you killed me I never got a chance to say goodbye to any of my family. Not even Luke, you know whilst I was dying I couldn't even speak about him because the thought of leaving him alone, it killed me." she seethed, ignoring the pun.

Aurora hit him again. He looks almost dead at this stage.

Once she was finished she stepped back; he sat against the lamppost with a clear view of twelve Grimmauld.

She kneeled down beside him and enjoyed the fear on his face. It made it worth it. "You spent your entire life planning to destroy, now please watch me destroy everything you've done."

Aurora turned to twelve Grimmauld. Maybe it was because she was so incredibly angry at how everything turned out, or maybe it was because part of her enjoyed what she just did. Maybe it was because of the anger she had build up for entire life, but she wanted every single individual stuck in that house to suffer. She wanted them too.

It was never in her original plan to do this; but she told herself no one deserved to live, especially not them. Maybe some of them were being forced to join, but she hadn't cared.

Twelve Grimmauld burst into fire instantly and Black smoke bellowed out through the window. It roared into thousands of flames, that flew high into the sky. The people would have died a slow death, like she did and she was happy about that. The flames went from the top to bottom.

Marcos watched it all burn, his life's work, everyone that followed him.

Aurora clapped for herself. "That was brilliant, I really outdid myself that time."

Footsteps come and Beckham strolls over. He had been standing away far and hidden watching the encounter. Marcos' eyes went to him.

"I wish you would have stayed dead." Marcos splutters, "What shall come will be much worse."

"More lies, father, more delusional lies." Beckham spits out. "Aurora, there's five minutes left."

"Right." Aurora turns back to Marcos, and sends him a grin. "You can stay here and rot into pieces. You won't be able to break that chain. It was nice knowing you."

Slowly, she extended her hands and began chanting the words. Thankfully, she had learnt them off. She pushed past how insanely sick she felt and focused on leaving. She imagined seeing Luke and she felt a tug.

When she opened her eyes, she seen the portal opened. She remembered her mother saying her portal was a door she opened, and now Aurora's was different; hers was a floating piece of bright light. It was intimating. She focuses.

"You-you did it!"

She sent Beckham a smile. "We're going home."

Marcos cleared his throat, and the two of them turn around, he wears a smile; a mocking one, like he knew something they didn't.

"Any last words, Marcos? Words of wisdom you want to share?"

"You think I'm surprised that you're here? You think I'm surprised that you've caught me?" he asks lowly, and her brows furrowed. "I told you the day I killed you, I looked into your eyes and I seen it. I've always seen it. I'm the only one who has. I seen the fire, I heard the cries of the people, the days in isolation on the boat, and I seen the flame arise."

The flame arise, she thought, wondering why the words sat uneasy with her.

"Don't listen to him Aurora." Beckham whispers.

"Oh dear Beckham, you are clouded by your utter love for her, aren't you? Not even a romantic love of such but just love." Marcos tells him, "I was trying to protect you Beckham, all this time, I was trying to save you."

Beckham and her both look at him. She glances back and makes sure the portal is still there.

"Your relationship to one another is what will cause the flame to arise." Marcos hissed out, eyes flickering through the two. The way he spoke, it was like his words were set in place. He points at Beckham. "You will be the reason why it all happens. You were the cause all along."!

"Aurora we need to go." Beckham whispers, tugging her arm. "Aurora, there's two minutes late."

Aurora blinks out of it and quickly turns to Beckham.

"I've seen how this ends." Marcos bellows. "I see what you become. I've seen what you will do." were the last words he told her. She turned around. "You like the dark side of your magic, don't you? You feel powerful. You have so much anger and hurt in you that you will never get over."

"You go first." she tells Beckham and tries to ignore Marcos' laughter in her ears. The portal is still open but he hesitates and looks at her. "I'll be right behind you, Beckham."

"He definitely won't be able to leave?"

"Certain, the ropes are to hard. Now go!"

Beckham stepped into the portal and was gone in a flash. It felt like she was stung a little and had to remind herself she was opening a link between the real world and this one. This one existed in what felt like space, thousands of miles away from everyone.

Once he was gone, she turned back around surprising Marcos.

When she opened her bag and pulled out a knife, he stared at her. "What are you doing?"

"Oh, you said you see everything that happens, so you must know I wasn't going to let you live."

He didn't know that and she could tell, his eyes narrowed and he nods. "You waited till Beckham was gone, you know he'll never know that you've done it-"

She remembered Sirius telling her that she would never want to be responsible for someone's death. He said it to her hours before she died at the Ministry. She remembered thinking he was wrong. As she plunged the blade into his chest, she found her fathers words were wrong.

She didn't feel any pain or empathy as she watched him grasp for air. That's how she felt when her life was being taken from her.

"Flames will arise and you'll see." he whispers, and he stiffens momentarily before freezing.

When she saw the life drain from his body, she paused and the death suddenly came upon her. She hadn't realised what was doing, she hadn't realised that she killed someone. But as she stared at his lifeless, cold body, the guilt never came, and it never came when she set fire to the people in Grimmauld.

They deserved it. They would have done the same to her if given the chance.

They did do the same to her.

She took a breath before entering the portal and returning back to the real word, and unaware to Aurora at the time this was only the begging of what was to come.

★ ★ ★

I AM SO HAPPY WITH HOW THE LAST SCENE FOR MARCOS AND AURORA ENDED!!! IT WAS A WAY BETTER WRITE THIS TIME AND PLAYS A VERY BIG ROLE IN BOOK TWO!

CAN YOU BELIEVE I WAS ACTUALLY HAPPY WITH THIS CHAPTER??

REUNION TIME REUNION REUNION

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.3K 66 24
Aurora Potter is the daughter Lily Potter and James Potter, they died when she was just two years old, her and little brother Harry went to live wi...
224K 6.2K 68
𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐎𝐗𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 | ❛ We're perfect in our own fucked up way. ❜ in which a girl with dreams to heal and a boy with a brok...
45.8K 1K 48
Eileen Davies has a problem. She's falling in love with Sirius Black. ϟ Eileen has a straightforward approach to dealing with boys - she likes kissin...
338K 13.4K 40
❝The monsters were never under my bed. Because the monsters were inside my head. I fear no monsters, for no monsters I see. Because all this time the...