๐™ƒ๐™š๐™ง ๐™๐™ค๐™ง๐™œ๐™ค๐™ฉ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ฃ ๐™‹๏ฟฝ...

By samithemartian

"๐“๐‡๐„ ๐†๐ˆ๐‘๐‹ ๐ˆ'๐•๐„ ๐‡๐„๐€๐‘๐ƒ ๐’๐Ž ๐Œ๐”๐‚๐‡ ๐€๐๐Ž๐”๐“" Some people wish they could ๊œฐแดส€ษขแด‡แด› parts of the... More

๐™‘๐™Š๐™‡. ๐™„
๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™˜๐™š ๐™ช๐™ฅ๐™ค๐™ฃ ๐™– ๐™ก๐™ž๐™›๐™š๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ข๐™š
๐™ฌ๐™๐™–๐™ฉ ๐™œ๐™ค๐™š๐™จ ๐™–๐™ง๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™˜๐™ค๐™ข๐™š๐™จ ๐™—๐™–๐™˜๐™  ๐™–๐™ง๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™™
๐™ ๐™ž๐™™๐™ฃ๐™–๐™ฅ๐™ฅ๐™š๐™™
๐™ง๐™š๐™™๐™š๐™ข๐™ฅ๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ค๐™ฃ
๐™›๐™ž๐™œ๐™๐™ฉ ๐™ค๐™ง ๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™—๐™ฎ
๐™–๐™ฌ๐™–๐™ ๐™š๐™ฃ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ
๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ง๐™ค๐™œ๐™ช๐™š ๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™–๐™ฃ
๐™—๐™š๐™ก๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™ค๐™› ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™—๐™š๐™–๐™จ๐™ฉ
๐™ข๐™–๐™ฃ ๐™ค๐™ง ๐™ข๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ง
๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ฉ๐™ค๐™ค๐™ฉ๐™
๐™ข๐™ค๐™ง๐™š ๐™ฉ๐™๐™–๐™ฃ ๐™ข๐™š๐™š๐™ฉ๐™จ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™š๐™ฎ๐™š
๐™ฉ๐™๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™™๐™š๐™ง๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™ค๐™ง๐™ข
"๐™ฅ๐™ก๐™š๐™–๐™จ๐™š"
๐™ง๐™š๐™จ๐™˜๐™ช๐™š
๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™™๐™š๐™–๐™™ ๐™จ๐™๐™ค๐™ช๐™ก๐™™ ๐™—๐™š ๐™–๐™ฉ ๐™ฅ๐™š๐™–๐™˜๐™š
๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™˜๐™ง๐™ฎ๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™–๐™ก
๐™‘๐™Š๐™‡. ๐™„๐™„
๐’‡๐’๐’๐’˜๐’†๐’“๐’”
๐’“๐’†๐’Š๐’๐’†๐’“
"๐’„๐’๐’Ž๐’† ๐’ƒ๐’‚๐’„๐’Œ ๐’‚๐’๐’Š๐’—๐’†"
๐’ƒ๐’Š๐’•๐’†
๐’…๐’†๐’—๐’Š๐’'๐’” ๐’•๐’‰๐’๐’“๐’
๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’˜๐’Š๐’๐’•๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ ๐’“๐’๐’”๐’†
๐’†๐’™๐’‘๐’†๐’“๐’Š๐’Ž๐’†๐’๐’•๐’” & ๐’๐’‚๐’…๐’š๐’ƒ๐’–๐’ˆ๐’”
๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’‚๐’Ž๐’ƒ๐’–๐’”๐’‰
๐’Œ๐’†๐’๐’๐’š ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’“๐’Š๐’‘๐’‘๐’†๐’“
๐’Š๐’๐’๐’๐’„๐’†๐’๐’„๐’†
๐’†๐’“๐’†๐’'๐’” ๐’„๐’‰๐’๐’Š๐’„๐’†
๐’‚๐’๐’™๐’Š๐’†๐’•๐’š
๐’Š ๐’๐’๐’—๐’† ๐’š๐’๐’–
๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’Œ๐’Š๐’๐’ ๐’Š๐’” ๐’‡๐’“๐’†๐’”๐’‰
๐’๐’Š๐’ˆ๐’‰๐’•๐’Ž๐’‚๐’“๐’†
๐’‚ ๐’ƒ๐’‚๐’… ๐’๐’Ž๐’†๐’
๐’ƒ๐’“๐’†๐’‚๐’Œ๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ ๐’‘๐’๐’Š๐’๐’•
๐’ˆ๐’“๐’Š๐’Ž ๐’“๐’†๐’‚๐’‘๐’†๐’“
๐’˜๐’‰๐’†๐’ ๐’˜๐’† ๐’˜๐’†๐’“๐’† ๐’š๐’๐’–๐’๐’ˆ
๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’”๐’†๐’‚
**very important**
๐™‘๐™Š๐™‡. ๐™„๐™„๐™„
๐‘’๐“ˆ๐“‰๐“‡๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐‘”๐‘’๐’น
๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐“‡๐‘’๐“‰๐“Š๐“‡๐“ƒ
๐Ÿฆ:๐Ÿข๐Ÿข ๐’ถ๐“‚
๐“‹๐’ถ๐“๐‘’๐“ƒ๐“‰๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘’'๐“ˆ ๐’น๐’ถ๐“Ž
๐’ฝ๐‘’๐’ถ๐“‡๐“‰๐’ถ๐’ธ๐’ฝ๐‘’
๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐“…๐“‡๐’พ๐’ธ๐‘’ ๐“Œ๐‘’ ๐“…๐’ถ๐“Ž
๐“‰๐“‡๐“Š๐“ˆ๐“‰
๐’ป๐‘œ๐“‡ ๐’ถ๐“๐“ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐“ˆ๐“‰๐’ถ๐“‡๐“ˆ
๐“ˆ๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐“Š๐“ˆ๐‘’๐’น ๐“‰๐‘œ ๐’ท๐‘’ ๐“‚๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘’
๐’ฝ๐“Ž๐“ˆ๐“‰๐‘’๐“‡๐’พ๐’ถ
๐’ถ ๐’ธ๐’พ๐“‹๐’พ๐“๐’พ๐“๐‘’๐’น ๐“‰๐’ถ๐“๐“€
๐’ถ๐’ป๐’ป๐‘’๐’ธ๐“‰๐’พ๐‘œ๐“ƒ
๐‘”๐“๐’ถ๐“ˆ๐“ˆ๐“Ž ๐‘’๐“Ž๐‘’๐“ˆ
๐‘’๐’ธ๐“ˆ๐“‰๐’ถ๐“ˆ๐“Ž
๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’ถ๐“‡๐“‚๐“ˆ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐“‰ ๐’ฝ๐‘’๐“๐’น ๐“‚๐‘’
๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐“‡๐“Š๐“‚๐’ท๐“๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘” (๐ผ)
๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐“‡๐“Š๐“‚๐’ท๐“๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘” (๐ผ๐ผ)
๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐“‡๐“Š๐“‚๐’ท๐“๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘” (๐ผ๐ผ๐ผ)
๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐“‡๐“Š๐“‚๐’ท๐“๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘” (๐ผ๐’ฑ)
๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐“‡๐“Š๐“‚๐’ท๐“๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘” (๐’ฑ)
๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐“‡๐“Š๐“‚๐’ท๐“๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘” (๐’ฑ๐ผ)
๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐“‡๐“Š๐“‚๐’ท๐“๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘” (๐’ฑ๐ผ๐ผ)
๐’ธ๐‘’๐“‡๐“Š๐“๐‘’๐’ถ๐“ƒ ๐’ท๐“๐“Š๐‘’
๐‘œ๐“ƒ๐‘’ ๐’ท๐“‡๐‘’๐’ถ๐“‰๐’ฝ

๐™–๐™ฅ๐™ค๐™ก๐™ค๐™œ๐™ž๐™š๐™จ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™–๐™˜๐™˜๐™ช๐™จ๐™–๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™จ

5.3K 236 92
By samithemartian

I have stood for thousands of years and have not faltered;
The day I met you,
my legs shook. ❞

-unknown

I CHECK THE rusty mailbox...

Empty. Still no reply.

I'm not surprised, though. Sighing, I close it and go back inside the castle.

I've written three times to Annie. And after weeks and weeks, she's failed to respond to my letters. I'm not offended or anything, but I am a bit concerned. She should know I'm not the best at being 'friend material', so she shouldn't make this any harder than it is. Maintaining friendships is tricky.

I'm sure she's just busy with work in the Military Police. She'll write back soon.

I make my way to the dining hall where we planned to meet. Commander Erwin called a few of us in for a meeting. He said it was to discuss "important revelations". Whatever that means.

I walk into the dining hall and immediately regret it. Sitting there is Corporal Levi, at the very end of the table holding a cup of tea. And he's the only one here besides myself. I stop at the doorway, but I know that its too late to back out now. He already saw me.

I quickly regain my composure and take a seat. I pretend I'm alone and that he doesn't exist. He seems to get the drift, letting out a subtle "tch".

Dammit, I think. Stupid Eren. He promised he would be here early so I wouldn't be stuck alone with this prick.

The silence is awfully uncomfortable. Every minute makes me more and more desperate for someone— anyone— to walk through that door.

"Insubordination is a crime."

I look at the Corporal, though he doesn't make eye contact with me. I'm surprised he has the balls to break the silence. But I'm also annoyed. The last thing I want is to talk to him. Yeah, the whole slap showdown was a week ago. But my pride still hurts like it happened an hour ago.

"Haircuts like yours should be a crime too." I shrug.

He closes his eyes as though asking for patience. "Insufferable brat," he says, "you don't get it, do you?"

I stare back quietly. I didn't "get it"? Get what?

He sighs. "Insubordination is a crime. In case you've forgotten, you're under our custody only because Judge whatever-his-name-is let us have you. You and Eren are technically still under probation. Erwin would've had to report your rebellious behavior. So I had to make it seem like I had you under control. Either that, or you probably would've served months in prison. Not to mention the Survey Corp's would lose custody of you, putting you back in that predicament you found yourself in during Jaeger's trial." He stares hard at the wall in front of him. "Thats why... I did what I did."

I don't know how to take this. I want to be mad at him. I want to hold a grudge because its the easier choice. But I also acknowledge that for once, he's being sincere.

"Is this your way of apologizing?" I ask.

"No."

I roll my eyes and slouch in my chair.

"Its not an apology because I don't regret it. I did what I had to do and thats why you're still here. And..." He raises his tea cup to his lips, mumbling the next part. "I only did it cause I cared."

My eyes widen. Did I hear that correctly?

"I still think you're a stubborn brat." He adds irritatedly, returning to normal. "Always putting yourself in danger for others... tch. Hero complex, much?"

I look down at the table and fold my arms over my chest. "I don't have much to lose." Well... this is getting oddly personal. Where the hell is Eren?

His gaze flickers to me, thoughtful, and then he looks away again. There's a ten second pause until he sets down his cup with a soft clink. He grunts slightly and a hand goes to his left knee.

Apparently I'm the only one thats going to be doing the apologizing today. "Um, sorry about the leg. Is it any better?" I ask, trying to sound casual and absolutely NOT guilty.

"I should be fine in a couple weeks."

"I know I should've listened to you. Its my fault."

"No need to throw a pity party. Its fine." He says distantly. "I was like you once. Never relying on anyone. Choosing to do things my way. Hell, maybe I still am like that."

I nod slowly. "Hm. You're a lot easier to talk to than you seem. You know, when you don't have a stick up your ass."

He takes another sip of his tea, his expression unreadable. "I'm more human than people think."

The door opens before I can process what he said any deeper. Eren looks at me apologetically, salutes the Corporal, and takes a seat right next to me.

"Where were you?" I whisper.

"To be honest..." He laughs softly, "I kind of fell asleep."

I give him a "seriously?" look, but can't hide the chuckle that follows.

"They're late." Corporal Levi says grumpily. I know he's referring to Erwin and the others that are supposed to attend. "I don't like to be kept waiting... Maybe Erwin is constipated. He usually has a hard time taking a shit."

Eren laughs. Whether because he feels obligated to or because he actually liked the corporal's shitty (pun intended) sense of humor, I'm not sure. "You're talkative today, sir." He praises.

"Don't be stupid. I'm always talkative."

"We could use a bit of casual conversation these days." I say. "With all thats been happening lately, the Survey Corps' circumstances appear to be getting worse and worse. Its strange... We've been exposed to so much in such a short amount of time. It feels like just yesterday we discovered Eren could shift into a titan. Now, with the female titan popping up out of the blue, we find out that he's not the only one?" I rest my chin on the palm of my hand, staring at nothing in particular.

Eren's face is one of consternation. "I agree. Everything we've ever known was just a foundation of lies."

"Thats exactly it, though. Will we ever get close to the truth? Every time we get an answer it leads to more and more questions." I sigh heavily.

Corporal Levi purses his lips. "Yeah, well... sometimes the truth is in plain sight. Sometimes you're just too blind to see it, even when its right in front of you."

The words are simple, but they are weighted with an underlying message that I can't quite grasp.  I blink and look up— look in front of me— to where he is sitting. His gray irises, matched with the dark circles under his eyes, stand out mysteriously in this dim lighting.

Eren doesn't seem to overthink his words, but I do. Before I can press any further, the door swings open again.

Erwin, along with a couple of officials, file into the room and take a seat at the table. I'm surprised to see Mikasa and Armin here as well.  They all wear grim expressions.

"We have identified a person of interest who may be the female titan. This time we wont let her escape." Erwin says, cutting straight to the chase. "The operation will take place tomorrow. It will take place in Stohess district on our way to the capital. This is our first and last chance. Once we pass that point, Eren will be remanded to the capital. Our pursuit of those who seek to destroy the walls will become very difficult. Ultimately, humanity stands to go extinct. We will stake everything on this plan."

I sense the tension building up inside of Eren. Without thinking, I hold his hand under the table. He squeezes back gratefully and gives me a small smile.

"Here's the plan." Erwin says, laying out a map of Stohess district for all of us too see. He indicates with his finger, "When we pass through Stohess, Eren will act as a decoy, and lead the target into this underground tunnel. If we can get her to the lowest level, given the tunnel's size and structure, even if the titan transforms we can still immobilize her. But if she transforms before she gets in the tunnel... Eren, we'll need your help."

"Yes, sir." Eren says dutifully. "And the target... are we sure she is in Stohess?"

Erwin nods. "Yes. She is a member of the military police. It was Armin who arrived at that conclusion," he gestures at the blonde. "He believes the target also killed the two captured Titans. And she's a former cadet of the 104th like you guys."

"Wait... we know her?" Eren asks before I can, surprised.

"The name of the person of interest is..." Erwin straightens in his chair, filling the room with anticipation. He clears his throat and speaks, "Annie Leonhart."

I can't believe this. It's so ludicrous, so far-fetched... Annie? Annie? How the hell did they get enough evidence to accuse Annie of all people?

"You're not serious, right?" I smile like its all a joke. When they don't show any signs of admitting to their prank, my smile fades and I lean forward in my seat. "You're not serious... right?" I repeated gravely.

"Annie is the female titan?" Eren is shocked. He looks at the one who uncovered all of this. "Why would you think that, Armin?"

"From the start, the female titan knew what you looked like." Armin says. Both he and Mikasa look like they'd rather not believe it either. "And she reacted to your nickname, 'suicidal bastard', which only someone in the 104th would know. And the biggest reason is that I believe Annie killed the titan test subjects, Sawney and Bean."

"How can you tell?" Eren asks.

"Only someone very skilled could've done it. And they'd have to use their own gear, one that they're familiar with."

"Yeah, but they inspected our gear the day after. They didn't find anything on Annie!"

Armin takes a deep breath, a bit uncomfortable. "Annie brought Marco's gear to the inspection. Thats how she didn't get caught."

"Woah, woah, woah..." I hold up both hands. I need things to slow down. "What does Marco have to do with all this? How would she even get his gear? Unless... unless..." I gulp, the realization hitting me. "Are you accusing her of killing Marco too?"

"Well, I'm just speculating—"

Corporal Levi cuts him off, "Hey, kid. We get it. Do you have any other evidence?"

Armin shakes his head. He obviously feels pressured.

Mikasa breaks her silence— "I think Annie's face resembles the Female Titan's."

"Yes, I suppose thats proof enough. Lets hunt down our fellow comrade because she looks like the Female Titan." I retort. In all honesty, I'm hurt. I don't want this to be true. Annie, killing all those soldiers on the expedition and causing so much suffering...

Its a hard pill to swallow.

"So we have no proof, but we're going to do it anyway." Corporal Levi says tiredly.

"What if it isn't her?" Eren says, frowning.

"Then she'll be cleared of all suspicion. Simple." Mikasa answers plainly.

"I would feel bad for Annie, in that case." Armin says sadly.

I stare down at my lap, brows knitted together as I try to process all this.

'You have the power to crush your weaknesses. When you're in danger, you become your own savior.'

Thats what she had said to me the day Trost was breached. We always understood each other. I'd say she knows me a little better than I know myself.

I guess tomorrow we'll find out if I truly know her as well as I think.

⁀➷ ➹ ⁀➷

(The next day, Stohess District)

The alley is dark and the air chills my body even with the cloak on. I stare at her, the hood hanging just above my eyes. After what feels like a never ending speech made up of lies to convince her to come with us, only silence fills the space between us now.

"So... you will help us, won't you Annie?" I beckon.

Annie watches me stoically. She hasn't changed much in the short time we have gone without seeing each other. That gaze of hers remains as icy as ever.

She sets down her rifle. I noticed she slips an ordinary silver ring onto her finger. A good luck charm, I suppose?

"Fine." She agrees, "I'm in."

End of Chapter 16

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.9K 815 65
You're a new recruit in the Survey Corp with a mission that extends beyond "the sake of humanity". Joining with two childhood friends, you're able to...
146K 4.7K 38
ยฐยฐOnly he was too naive to realize that love cannot be ignoredยฐยฐ โ€ขโ€ขโ€ข Broken promises, unrequited love, and shattered friendships. The past is full of...
47.8K 1.9K 43
ใ€ŠLevi x Readerใ€‹ |Levi's Time Travel Trilogy| -BOOK 1- โœฆโ€ขยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทโ€ขโœฆโ€ขยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทโ€ขโœฆ (Y/N) Jaeger, a young woman attending her s...
27.2K 264 21
Attack on Titan fanfiction - Annie and Eren //_||_\\ Annie's one of the toughest in training, and the best. She lets no one get to her, until she...