Fighting For Humanity (✔)

Bởi MisssMysteriousss

The graveyard was silent. Nathaniel stood across from us with the rest of his followers. I stood next to Luke... Xem Thêm

1. Life after the attack😓
2. New master 😨
3. Rescue mission ✏
4. Travelling companion 😋
5. Journey 🗻
6. Memories 😭
8. Confusion 😕
9. Cabin in the woods 🏡
10. Jerome 🙋
11. Feelings 😔
12. Love 😍
13. Friend👫
14. Jealous 😡
15. Jealous pt. 2 😡
16. Pranks 😈
17. Punishment 😰
18. Mate 😻
19. Adelina 🙆
20. New Plan 📝
21. Lake 🏊
22. War 🔫💣🔪
23. Death ⌛
24. Sacrifice 🙏
25. Happy Ending 💏

7. Different person 😜

40 17 4
Bởi MisssMysteriousss

I opened my eyes and quickly closed them again. I had a terrible headache and the sunlight wasn't helping.

I groaned loudly, not caring who heard me.

"Ara, thank god. How are you feeling? " Luke asked, as he hovered over me.

"I'm fine. " I answered, slowly getting up to a sitting position. I tried again and forced my eyes open.

I was still confused. I mean, I lived my entire life as me, only to literally wake up one morning and find out I'm actually someone else. Harsh .

"What happened? " Luke asked.

"I don't know." I answered. Well it wasn't an actual lie. I can't tell them yet. Most of my memories are still blurred out anyway.

"Are you going to be able to travel?"

"Yeah, I'm fine, Luke. " I turned to Lily and the girls. "I'm sorry I woke you and the children, Lily. "

"Don't be ridiculous. I'm just glad you're okay. " Lily smiled.

"Did you three get enough rest?" I asked the girls.

"Please stop worrying about us and take care of yourself. " Ezra said. "We're fine "

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Luke, Lily and the girls packed up to travel again. I volunteered to help, but Luke insisted that I save my strength.

Since I regained consciousness, I noticed that I hadn't seen a certain, grumpy , bloodsucker.
I looked around and my eyes landed on a pair of light green ones. Ian. My Ian.

The only man I've ever loved was right in front of me. How I longed to be in his arms once again, to feel his soft lips on mine. It's strange that after two centuries , one look of him was all it took to make my heart race.

I opened my mouth to say ' I love you', but what came out was...

"Seriously? I fainted and you left me on the hard ground? Thanks to you I'm probably going to have aches all over my body!"

"I thought I made it clear to you. Human life holds no importance to me." The coldness of his voice nearly made me flinch.

Why are you like this?

A sudden pain erupted in my chest. I couldn't look at him any longer. I looked away. "We should probably get going. " I told Luke.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

We spent the day walking. I was trying to keep as much distance between Ian and I as possible.

Was it my death that made him like this? Impossible. He was the first and only man I have ever loved , but it had been two centuries. Surely he's moved on by now. He probably had better girls before and after me. I let out a frustrated sigh.

"What's wrong? " Ezra asked.

"Nothing." I said. Both Ezra and Elle gave me the ' not buying it' look. "Just trying to figure some stuff out." I gave in.

"Well if you want to talk, we're here." Ezra said, and
Elle nodded in agreement.

"Thanks, but I need to keep this one to myself. " they nodded, undertandingly.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Night. It's night and it's so freaking cold. Since the sun went on a vacation the days have been, cold and the nights have been freezing.

Once again, everyone else was cuddled up near the fire and Ian was the farthest away, sucking on his blood bag. Apparently, I never learn, because I got up, went over to him and sat down.

"If you're planning on repeating the conversation from last night, I need you to know that I can't kill you because you're an important asset to the mission at hand, but I have ways to make you feel intense pain that will leave you begging for death."

I gulped, suddenly regretting coming over. His eyes focused on the fire in front of us, yet I could still feel the intensity of his stare.

"Actually, I just wanted to apologize. " This caught him off guard, but he quickly regained his posture. "My behaviour was insensitive and I really didn't mean to upset you."

He didn't answer after that. After a while, I mustered up my courage and asked a question that may or may not lead to my death.

"Why are you like this. " I Didn't
expect him to answer.

"Vampires are blood thirsty creatures who prey on tasty children. We are the type of monsters that mothers warn their children about. We are told as bedtime stories to keep children from sneaking out. So tell me, witch. What should I be like?"

"I don't believe you were always like this. What changed you?"

"Eager little one, aren't you?"

"Was it Isabel? "

At the mention of her name his head snapped up to meet my eyes.

"You are on dangerous grounds, witch." He spat.

"I'm sorry, how about another question? "

"You're not going to give up, are you?" He sighed.

"Why do you hate humans so much?"

"Humans are nothing but weak, pathetic prey, who lie cheat and betray, to get what they want."

"Weren't you Human once?"

"She betrayed her."

He wasn't paying attention to anyone or anything around him. He was so lost in memory, I don't even think he knew what he was saying.

"She trusted her, but in the end all she did was betray her, and for what, to live as long as time with this Thirst for blood always with you? To be immortal, only to live in the shadows, to be forever with bloodshed? She betrayed her, my beautiful Isabel. "

My eyes widened with shock. He was talking about me and my cousin, Kaira. I didn't think my death would affect him for so long.

"I'm sorry to have bothered you." I got up quickly and laid down with the rest of the group, in front of the fire. I couldn't stop the tears from cascading down my cheeks.

It was so cold, I started shivering. I didn't want to
get up for a blanket because I couldn't face Ian right now.

I was lying on my side, facing the fire, so I focused on the orange glow of the flames to keep away the cold. I heard footsteps behind me, I knew it was Ian so I closed my eyes. I felt a blanket being draped over me, his hand touched my head gently. His hand disappeared as quickly as I felt it.

Umm... what just happened?

I woke up early the next morning. Dark clouds still covered the sky, but I could still see them lighting up a bit. Everyone else was still asleep. I snuck my way over sleeping bodies and made my way to where Luke was standing watch.

"Why didn't you wake me when it was my turn?" I asked, taking a seat next to Luke on a large rock.

"Because after what happened last night, I needed you to save your strength."

"Aww, you were worried about me." I said.

"Or, I was just worried that you would've fainted again and some vampire would have had me and my family for dinner."

"Wow, way to kill the moment, Luke. " He chuckled at that statement. After a couple minutes of peaceful silence, Luke asked.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, why do you ask?"

"Because since you fainted you've been acting different. I know something is going on."

"I'll tell you, but not now." I glanced back at a sleeping Ian. "This isn't the place nor time ."

"Alright, I'm not going to pry the information out of you, because I trust you."

"I'm touched. " I said dramatically, placing my hand over my heart.

"Who's spoiling the moment now?" We talked for a bit and then he went back to wake everyone up.

I look up at the clouds that decorated the sky and sighed wearily at the long journey ahead .

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

125K 5.2K 44
"He can die 'cause we haven't had sex?" I say as the weight of what she's just told me hits me like a ton of bricks. "The longer the Alpha stays in t...
628K 21.5K 51
I jumped to my feet and punched him in the side. There was hardly an effect. "You're weak" he spat, walking a step closer towards me. I growled as...
57 40 14
Book 2 of "A L T H E A | Werewolf" Terrible news strikes Evander and Althea once again. How do they cope this time? Mystery letters and the revelati...
2.2M 74.4K 49
COMPLETED - (book 2) Updated version now available on Amazon Kindle and Kindle Unlimited with an extra bonus chapter at the end! "I stood there for...