This all started with a parki...

By baseballguirl

McKenna Woods was never a complete loner, nor the most popular kid in school. She's got an additude, and not... More

Part 1
Part 2
part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10 (Short, sorry!)
Part 11, (Short again)
Part 12!
Part 13
Part 14!
Part 15!
Part 16
update, update, UPDATE!
Part 18
Part 19(Short, ://////) (Sorry, these parts were jenked up)
Part 20.
part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Characters(:
Part 26 skip this one!
Part 26
Part 27 NOT THE END.
Part 27B, the end!
Read the sequel.

Part 17!

95.9K 728 187
By baseballguirl

Hey all! So, sorry for the wait, I'm trying, I really am!

Hope you like this chapter, thanks for the votes,comments, and fans!

THIS ALL STARTED WITH A PARKINGSPACE, I'M NOT SUPPOPSED TO FALL IN LOVE!

The sun had already melted through my body, making me happy enough. I decided to walk over to Chases, mostly as an excuse for a ride home, if I need it. Slowly, I made my way over. I got an uneasy feeling as I approached his street, but ignored it. It'll be akward, but it needs to happen. And he'll understand. I know he will. He'll do it, for me.

I got to the steps for his house and practically jumped up. Lazily I rapped the door 4 short times.

The wait wasn't long, and eventually a little girl answered. I remembered her evil glares well. "Is your brother home?" I smile widely at her. She gives me a wicked glare and opens the door wider. I walk past her quickly and start to shout. "CHASE! CHASE, IT'S MCKENNA!"

I hear the stomping of feet above me and run over to the staircase, expecting Chase.

Instead, I see a half dressed Kendra.

---------

"Hi here, McKenna!" A cheerful Kendra says, swaying her hips as she walks down the steps.

I gulp down the vomit, the hurt, and everything to respond. "You know, the usual." My voice cracks. She walks right by me and saunters out the door.

"Be back later, Chasey!" She yells as she slams the screen.

I feel sick. It's my fault, of course. I should have listened. But I'm a bit of a retard, apparently. I'm still seeing red when I hear someone on the steps. The intake of breath, and rushed steps. I don't look up. I need to leave, before I do something stupid, like cry.

"McKenna, what are you doing here?" That familiar voice asks.

"Oh... uhm, nothing. Sorry to interrupt you and, Kendra." My voice cracks and the tears slip from my grasp. "Well, bye." I rush for the door. Unfortuneatly, trying to hide tears and run for the door don't mix well. I smash my head on some wooden thing next to the door. I let out a sharp yell of pain, and start to sway. The rooms moving slightly and I need to stop moving.

"McKenna, don't move. Hold on..." Chase's voice moves closer to me and wraps me up into his arm. He carries me to the living room, lays me on the couch, and disapeers for a second. He returns with a blanket and some water. "Here." His voice is detached, no emotion flowing through it.

"Thanks." I say simply and begin sipping.

"Are you gonna tell me how the hell you got here?" He asks. I sigh.

"It doesn't matter anymore, Chase." I realize I haven't looked up at him. I know that my tears are most likely still there, so I fix my eyes on my water. The little bubbles are spurting through when a tear falls into it.

"Talk." He instructs.

"No, I should go... I think Kendras waiting for you." I start to get up.

"Don't pull that on me, McKenna!" The anger in his voice causes me to flinch.

My own anger bubbles to the surface, so I bark out. "Yeah, glad to see you care SO much about me, Chase. Bullshit, you always had Kendra on reserve. Your little whore. So, I won't interrupt anymore. Have fun with her!"

This time Chase flinches. "McKenna..."

"Save it, Chase. It's fine. Your single, I'm single. It's okay."

"Just tell me why your here, then."

I stay quiet.

Slowly, Chase lifts my chin to look me in the eyes. "You came all the way here to not talk? McKenna." He makes a tsk sound and my lips pull up a little bit. Not alot, not enough, but the do.

"Chase, I- I can't even describe to you, I didn't know... But Mike told me... and he's the one you heard on the phone, and I don't like Tyler. I don't want him, I want you! I just, I'm so sorry." My voice trails off to a whisper. The look in Chase's eyes soften only for a second, then become rocks again.

"You were with Mike?" The words are slow and delibrate, as to not wake a creature.

My eyes widen at the thought. I laugh, or at least try to. "Well we were at the beach and he took me to his house, and we-"

"I DON'T WANT TO KNOW THE DETAILS!" Chase shouts, covering his eyes.

"Covering your eyes will do nothing, smartass. And, no, I was not with Mike like that. He was, he told me about the shooting. And... thats all. He's a good guy." I snap at him, and immediately take it back. "You know..."

"I can't believe you wouldn't listen to me. At all." Chases voice is full of real pain. My heart squeezes a little bit.

"I'm sorry."

"I have an idea. How about we forget we ever happened? And then you can just move on, and so can I."

Those words hit me like a ton of bricks. I'm blindsided. This wasn't supposed to happen, no, he was supposed to forgive me, and we were supposed to be happily ever after. Everything is going wrong. Slowly, the pain spreads throughout my body as dread fills me. My knees, like jello, somehow manage to stand up.

"If you want that..." I'm grasping on to the little piece of happiness I have, hoping he'll realize.

His hurt voice croaks one thing. "Yes."

I nodd, without looking at him, and leave.

----------

When I got home, Dad welcomed me. "It's been a while since you've been here, but, I want you to feel welcome."

I totally forgot I'm supposed to be Annabelle. Who cares, anyway? I don't.

Chase didn't. Doesn't. Whatever.

"Oh, thanks." I pretend to mill around the kitchen until he shows me where my room is. It's the guestroom, the one that Tyler stayed in.

"Can I have McKenna's room?" I say brusquely.

"Sure, just be careful not to break anything... and maybe call her, ask. I don't really want to talk with her over the phone. We have some difficult things to discuss, and I'd prefer it'd be face to face." Dad shrugs a little and gives a nervous, quick laugh.

"Alright." I say.

"Oh, and you have school. I know it's not fair, but hopefully sometime soon you'll be living with me... and I want you to have some friends, okay? You'll start in a few days. I'm sure McKenna's friend will welcome you." He finishes his little speech and walks quickly away.

I can't stop thinking about how he said 'I'm sure McKenna's FRIEND will help you'.

He knows what a loser I am. I'm not some loner who does artsy things and hates the world, but I'm not the IT girl. I feel myself crumble even more as I walk into my room.

I want to close every blind, and lie down on my back and hate myself. But I can't. I need to call Annabelle and ask her how it's going as being me.

I dial and wait for her to answer.

"Hello?" A hushed voice answers finally.

"How's it going?"

"Oh, it's.... good."

"Annabelle, why do you sound wierd?"

"I don't, I gotta go!"

Before I can say anything else, I hear the dead tone ring.

----------

It's been two days, and it's time for me to go to school. See my friend, and my ex. Dad is stupidly oblivious to how obvious I'm being. I walk around in my clothes, not caring. So, while were eating breakfast before I leave, I tell him.

"Dad, you know it's me, right?"

"Yes!"

"You know I'm McKenna?" I ask, flabbergasted.

"McKenna, your a terrible actress. I knew it was you. I know my daughter." He doesn't even glance up from his bacon.

"Oh."

"So, why are you back, and pretending to be Annabelle?" He asks, his brow furrowed now.

"Because I needed to do something. Nothing, now." I try being vague, but I think I'm failing.

"Boy trouble." He answers himself,raises his fork, then moves onto his hashbrowns.

"Maybe. Yeah." I sigh.

"Did it work? I assume no. But let me tell you, McKenna, you are a Wood. You've gotten the best of your mother and me. You can fix anything that runs in your way. If he didn't forgive you, maybe you should scare him a little. Announce it in public, tell the world. Something ostentatious, and maybe the boy'll see sense."

I'm a little stunned, he's never really talked in depth with me about anything, so it's not natural.

"Can you be sure? What if he doesn't? See sense, you know?" I ask, now curious to see what my Dad can tell me.

Dad makes a little face and sips some coffee. "I can be sure on this, you've got the world waiting for you. McKenna, I love you."

It's rare when you see a big man like my dad get sentimental. I stand up and hug him. He smiles at me.

"Now, we shouldn't tell your mom about this... because she'd freak. She's called to see how 'Annabelle' is adjusting. I said your fine. Now, go to school, your gonna be late."

I hug him again and plant a kiss on his forehead. "Thanks dad." Then I rush off.

----------

I get to school to see Olivia all over Alex Brocksid. Woah, maybe she was right. I trudge through the hallway and go to first period, which I have with Chase. I swallow the lump thats tightening inside me. I sit down and wait.

The bell rings and class starts. Chase doesn't look at me, but I look at him. I glance over every few minutes and make sure he's still there. Not that he cares, but I know exactly what I'm gonna do. I know how I'm going to get Chase back.

-----

I start toward the office with as much excitement as I can muster. I need to seem peppy to make this work. The office lady looks up as I open the door with a smile. "Hi! I'm with the Peprally club and I need to make an announcement!"

She raises her eyebrows but points me towards the speaker. I run over with a cheerful leap and press the button that will let me talk through the mic.

"Hi everyone! I'm McKenna Woods, and I have a message. Sometimes people make mistakes, but thats alright. You know? People should forgive. And I believe strongly in this!" I'm working my magic when our Dean of students rushes out. I'm running out of time. "Don't you all? I think it's like the golden rule!" The dean has her hand on me now, so I shout the last thing I can. "I LOVE YOU CHASE MONTANGY!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 53.5K 53
[COMPLETED] Autumn Cross is now in 12th grade at her new school, Willington High, with only one goal in mind: passing the 12th grade and going to a g...
1.5K 265 23
[COMPLETED] A teen boy meets a girl in the park. Despite things starting off a little rocky, they start to meet at the park everyday and talk about t...
67.4K 1K 46
"You're going to keep living, V." Everyone thought Ivy Archer had the perfect life. Because they had no idea what she was hiding: her mums terminal c...
399K 11.8K 34
Absolutely breathtaking cover by @cityheist ~ Dear Max, For you, it might have been simple. For you, it might have been something to keep you from b...