Sticking Together (Snape +...

By NicoleChristine1

Harry, Ron and herself find themselves in another year of Hogwarts. Hermione finds herself in a bad situation... More

The Deal
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Eleven
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Changer 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Prologue
Author's Note
IMPORTANT!!!!!
THANK-YOU!!
Another A/N
Name Change
Hate

Chapter Ten

9.9K 219 214
By NicoleChristine1

        *Hermione's Point of View*

"You both need to leave," Dumbledore frowned deeply. I couldn't believe my ears. I had to leave Hogwarts! Leave my family, my friends.

"Sir are you sure?" Severus asked as I walked to stand beside him.

"Unless you would rather risk the safety of yourself and Miss Granger," Dumbledore.

"No! I will not risk it! But what about her schooling?" he asked wrapping his hands around my waist.

"Well I am sure Miss Granger is smart enough to learn magic on her own. But she will not be able to perform magic until she turns the age of 17," Dumbledore said. The world started to spin around me and I felt sick.

"Of course sir. When do we leave?" Snape said.

"Tuesday. I imagine Hermione needs to explain to her close friends why she is leaving and to make an excuse up for the others and Severus we will tell the school tonight that you are retiring," Dumbledore said sitting on the couch. Severus sat down and dragged me onto his lap. Tears sprung into my eyes. I have two days left with my friends!

"Okay! Will we ever be able to return to Hogwarts?" Severus ask. I place my head on his shoulder and let my tears flow down my cheeks. I wanted to leave with Severus but not this soon! Not this way!

"Once Lord Voldemort has been defeated," Dumbledore says.

"And what about me being a death eater? What will I do?" Snape says.

"Well we will talk about that later. But I think Hermione should go tell Harry and her friends the news and get her bags ready! Oh and Miss Granger you do not have to attend classes tomorrow," Dumbledore says turning his attention to me.

"Okay sir. I will be back soon," I say kissing Snape's cheek. I walk out into the corridor and it feels so different. The sun creeps through the windows and the place looks so... happy. I walk slowly to the Common Room and mutter the password. I walk in and see Ron and Harry playing Wizards Chest. Harry notices me smiles.

"Hey Hermione!" he says.

"Hi guys," I say wiping my eyes on my sleeve. Harry and Ron's smile quickly vanished.

"What's wrong Mione? What did the git do?" Ron says grabbing his wand. 

"Sev did nothing!  Dumbledore just let me go," I say tears still rolling down. my eyes.

"Hermione what's wrong?" Harry asks grabbing me and softly pulling me towards the couch.

"I have to leave," I cry.

"What happened?" Ron asks falling on his knees in front of me.

"Because we are a couple Dumbledore thinks that if You Know Who finds out he will... Kill me. So they think it will be better if we both leave the country and disappear until he gets killed. I am sorry," I say hugging my knees. My two Bestfriends look at each other shocked.

"Hermione! When are you leaving?" Harry asks holding one of my hands and Ron holds my other.

"Tuesday," I whisper. Ron and Harry throw their arms around me and I cry into their shoulders.

"Oh Hermione it will be okay! I promise," Ron whispered his voice husky.

"Anyway you will be with Snape," Harry says.

"Just remember I love you both! Okay? Always will and have," I say releasing them both. "I have to tell Ginny," I say. I stand up and walk to our joint dorm. Ginny sits on her bed wrapped in a towel.

"Hey Mione," Ginny smiles.

"Hey Gin. There is something I need to tell you," I say sitting beside her.

"Go ahead," she says.

"I am leaving Hogwarts on Tuesday. And I don't know when I will come back," I say.

"What?! Why?" Ginny exclaims.

"Well my parents are leaving the country and I have to go with them," I lie.

"Oh Hermione! I wish you could stay but we can still owl each other," she says hugging me.

"Yes we can," I hug her back. "I will be back later," I say walking down the stairs.

"What did you tell her?" Ron asks.

"My parents are leaving the country and I have to go with them," I say.

"Hermione I wish you didn't have to go," Harry says.

"So do I! But at least I will be safer," I say.

"What is he going to say when he leaves?" Ron asks.

"He is retiring and getting a job in Romania working at a school there," I say.

"Do you need to go back to him?" Harry asks.

"Yeah," I say heading to the door.

"Bye," we say in unison. I walk through the maze of hallways towards the dungeons. I knock quietly on Snape's office and the door creaks open. Severus looks at me sadly and I look at him.

"I am so sorry Hermione," he says letting me in.

"It's okay Severus. At least we will be together" I say hugging him.

"Yes! I will not let anyone hurt you and I will protect you until I stop breathing," he murmurs into my hair.

"And I you," I say. "Do you know where we are going?" I ask.

"America," he says. "We are buying a small house out of New York and we will stay there," Snape kisses my head.

"Okay..." I murmur, my eyes fill with tears again.

"Hermione I love you. You should know that there is one way you can stay," Snape murmurs his voice husky.

"What do you mean?" I ask looking up at him.

"We can... be over! If you wish to stay?" Severus says looking down at me.

"No! No! No! No! I am staying with you Sev! I love you okay and don't want to lose you. I am okay! I am happy to be leaving with you! He cannot hurt you that way! I really want to be with you forever," I say standing on my tip toes pressing my lips to his. Severus picks me up and presses me on the wall so we are the same height. I wrap my legs around him deepening the kiss. Severus slowly raises his hand to my cheek and holds me.

"I love you," he says.

"I love you," I reply. Severus puts me back firmly in the ground and I smile at him.

"At least now we can be happy," he says.

"Yes! But no matter where we are as long as we are together, I will be happy!" At that moment a thought struck my. What about my parents? What if Voldemort trues to go after them? "Severus what will we do about my parents?" I ask.

"I needed to talk to you about that. Dumbledore thinks that if we are discover we will torture them until they tell him where we are. And then most likely kill them. So he thinks it will be best to modify their memory," he says gravely. My heart drops.

"I think that it will be best for their safety," I reply.

"Do you want to spend the rest of the day with your friends?" Severus asks me.

"I don't care," I say.

"Well we have some things we must discus. Dumbledore says it will be best if we change our appearances," Snape explains. "I will cut my hair short. What do you want to do?"

"I don't know," I say.

"Well I guess we could...I don't know actually. I don't want you to change," Snape sighs.

"Awwh! I might go spend time with the boys. I will be back after dinner," I say kissing Severus's cheek.

"Okay love you," he says.

"Love you more." I walk out.

       *Severus's Point of View*

When Hermione leaves I feel empty. I look around at my room and sigh. I have worked at Hogwarts since... well forever. And now I have to leave. A knock sounds on the door.

"Its open," I call.

"Severus. Albus just told me you are retiring," Minerva cries as she throws her arms around me.

"Yes Minerva that's the truth! I am very sorry but I cannot stay any longer," I reply hugging her back.

"I didn't know you had been offered a position in a Romanian school. I wish you didn't have to go," Minerva says crying. After all the years of being at Hogwarts as a teacher and a student, Minerva and I had a friendship like no other. She had accepted me when I couldn't accept myself after Lily died and I helped her when her son died.

"Oh Minerva! Never would I have thought to have seen the day you turn soft," I tease.

"Shut up Severus. I guess everything is happening at the same time. You are retiring and Hermione's parents are making her leave the school," she sighs. I smile at her.

"We will keep in touch Minny," I say using the nickname I gave her so long ago. Minerva laughs and wipes her eyes on a handkerchief.

"I will leave you to pack," Minerva hugs me a final time and leaves. Tears fill my eyes as I realize I may never see Minerva after Tuesday. We had had such a great friendship. And so many memories. I go into my bedroom and  point my wand at the open trunk on the floor.

"Pack."

A few hours later my bags are packed and my room is how I first found it. It is nearing time for dinner so I walk down to great hall. I sit at my usual spit at table and look around the Hall reminiscing. I remember that day when Lily was sorted into Gryffindor and I Slytherin. The day I first laid eyes on Harry Potter. When Harry Potters name came out of the Goblet of Fire. When Sirius Black had raided the school and all the students slept in the Hall.

"Professor Snape?" a voice breaks my train on thoughts. I look up and see Rubeus Hagrid looking down at me.

"Yes Hagrid?" I say.

"Well seeming though this is your last night as Professor at Hogwarts, I want to make sure we depart on good terms," he says holding out his hand.

"We will leave on good terms," I say grasping the giants hand. Hagrid shuffles back to his seat as Students fill into the halls. Within no time the Hall is full.

"Tonight we are celebrating a special night for one of our own. Professor Snape is leaving for Romania on Tuesday night to fill a position at a Magic School there. Severus has been a faithful and loyal teacher at this school for many years and it will be a shame to see him leave. But we assure that no matter what you do Severus, you will succeed and we will be with you every step of the way," Dumbledore raises his glass and the students and staff do the same. "Now let us eat!" The hall is filled with the sound of people chattering and forks clattering. I mentally smile and will always remember the joy this sound gave me. Dinner flew by and before I knew it I was in my empty room. I sighed and went to the kitchen to make myself a coffee.

"Hello Severus," Hermione said making me jump. "Oh sorry. The door was unlocked so I let myself in," she smiled hugging me.

"Its okay Hermione. I was thinking, maybe we should leave tomorrow instead of Tuesday. So then we can spend a night at your parents?" I suggested.

"That would be nice," Hermione yawned.

"Well we leave tomorrow then," I say smiling at my beautiful girlfriend. I make Hermione and I tea and we sit at the table. I summon quill and a piece of parchment.

Dear Albus,
Hermione and I have been speaking and think it will be best to modify her parents memory. We will most likely make them leave the country and head someone far away. Also as Hermione will be leaving her parents we think that we will depart tomorrow instead of Tuesday and spend the night with her family before we Obliviate their memory's. We will leave first thing tomorrow morning.
Yours faithfully,
Severus Snape.

I called my brown owl and sent it to Dumbledore. "Are you staying here tonight?" I ask Hermione who is sipping her tea.

"I might stay at the Common Room so I can pack and write a letter to both Ron and Harry. I won't tell them I am leaving but we should be gone while they are in class," she says. "It will be better that way."

"If that's what makes you happy my love," I say smiling at her. A short while later my owl, Eileen,  flies back through the window.

Severus,
If you wish to leave tomorrow I will not make you wait. I think that it will be best for Hermione to spend the night with her parents before they forget her. Be sure to make them leave, maybe to Australia?, so Voldemort will have no way to find them! Remember that you will still have to go to the Death Eater meetings and say to Voldemort that I dismissed you. We made sure that Draco Malfoy would not find out about the news of you retiring so we can't go 'blab' to his Father about you leaving. I am sure you will succeed.
Truly,
Albus Dumbledore.

I smiled at Hermione. "Dumbledore is fine with us leaving tomorrow," I say writing a reply.

Albus,
Thank-you for understanding. I think Australia will be the perfect place to send them and I am sure Mione will agree. I will attend the death eaters meetings and keep you updated with what is happening. I am pleased that Mr Malfoy is no longer a problem. I hope that you stay in good health.
From,
Severus Snape.

Sending the owl away I stood and put my cup in the sink. I quickly stand and wash my cup before placing it into the cupboard, I do the same to Hermione's. Our hands touch as she passes me her cup and her cheeks go a Rosy red. I smile as she blushes. Grabbing her arm in spin her into my arms and hug her. She leans into my chest and I sigh. "I love you Hermione," I say.

"I love you too Severus," she murmurs as she stands on her tip toes to softly kiss me. I pick her up slightly so she is inches off the ground and kiss her back. Hermione leans away and sighs. "I better go," she says. She pecks my lips and leaves. I slid down the wall and sit on the floor. I feel so empty with out Hermione with me, but soon I will not have to be away from her. I stand and walk into my bedroom. I quickly change and throw myself onto the bed. I quickly fall into a deep slumber.

         *Hermione's Point of View*

When I walk into the Common Room I see Ginny and Dean snogging near the window. I smile slightly and head over to Harry and Ron, who smile when they see me.

"They don't give up do they," I whisper pointing to Ginny and Dean. Ron growls.

"Oi two brick rule," he calls and they part slightly and Ginny glares at Ron.

"Well we are two bricks apart. Two tiny bricks apart," she says before kissing Dean again. Harry sighs.

"Don't worry about it Ron, they could be making babies," he laughs at Rona disgusted expression.

"He better not be bloody making babies," he threatens. I laugh.

"Even if they tried us girls cannot get pregnant at Hogwarts," I say. Harry and Ron give me a questioning glance. "In first year we had 'the talk' with Professor McGonagall and they put a spell on us all. As long as we are still students at Hogwarts we cannot bear a child," I say.

"Oh... Harry it's like they don't trust us enough to be safe," Ron laughs.

"No Ron they don't. Also what type of name would it give Hogwarts if some of their students were pregnant?" I say. Harry nods.

"That is a good point," he smiles. "So Mione how is Snape?" he asks me. I smile.

"He is good! Actually great in bed," I joke around. Ron covers his ears.

"LA LA LA LA LA!! I don't want to know about it," he yells. I laugh.

"Guys I am joking. He isn't like that," I say. "Nah he is really good."

"Oh," Ron says uncovering his ears. The clock rang as it stuck 10pm. "Well Mione, Harry. I better go to bed. Things to learn tomorrow," Ron stands and walks up the stairs.

"Me too. C'ya Mione," Ron stands and leaves. Shortly the whole Common Room is empty apart from me. Fred and George walk in laughing.

"And where have you too been?" I say standing up. They jump at the sight of me.

"Oh uh Hermione... We had detention with Filch," they say in unison.

"Guys I am kidding," I laugh throwing my arms around the two of them. They hug me back.

"Well night Mione," they say.

"Night Fred and George," I laugh. I grab a parchment and quill out of my bad near the couch and start to write a letter to my parents.

Dear Mum and Dad,
I am coming home tomorrow with one of my Professors/Boyfriend. Don't worry everything is fine, Just a bit homesick and I have permission to visit with him. I just wanted to warn you, Severus and I will be there someone tomorrow.
Love always,
Hermione xx!

I send the letter with the owl I got last year. I walk up the stairs into my and Ginny's dormitory. I heart Ginny's soft snores from her side of the bed and I pull out my trunk. "Pack," I say. All my belongings and clothes nearly fold themselves into the trunk and soon my side of the room is bare. I climb into bed and start writing a letter to Ginny.

Dear Ginny,
You are my best friend and I am sorry I have to leave so soon. I wish I could tell you everything but I promise I will one day. I know you will be happy and Dean will treat you right, I know that because if he doesn't I will hurt him. I really will miss you and I wish I could at least say a proper farewell. I don't know when or if I will ever see you again but I promise I will stay in touch with you. In time I will tell you why I have to leave and maybe you will understand the pain I feel having to do what I must do. You seriously are a great friend and I hope you are happy.
Love always,
Hermione Granger.

I fold the parchment and grab another piece and write another letter.

Dear Ronald,
I am sorry I never got to say good bye properly but I cannot do it. You are one of my Bestfriends and although you annoy me so much you will always have a special part in my life. I will never forget the adventures we have had in the 5 years of knowing you. I hope you and Lavender do become an item as I think she is perfect for you. Please look after Harry and yourself and when you think the time is right tell Ginny the truth. I will miss you so much and I hope you don't forget me. Stay safe, Stay happy.
Truly,
Hermione Granger.

Tears rolling down my face I fold the letter and start on Harry's. I knew this would be the hardest letter to write.

Dear Harry,
I will miss you more than any of my friends. You are not only the Chosen One but you are an amazing friend and a true fighter. You have always been there for me through everything and no matter what you haven't judged me. I wish I could at least say goodbye to you properly but I know that I wouldn't be able to do it. You have been through so much and I hope you find true love and stay safe. You and Ron have been the greatest friends I could ever want and I hope you will forgive me, when you read this and realize I left you. I hope you won't forget me and I know that I won't forget you. As soon as I get to my parents I will have to Obliviate their memory and send them off, I think they are going to Australia. Then me and Severus are leaving forever. You are the only one who knows, so when you think is the right time tell Ginny and Ron. I don't know when I will see you next but I love you like a brother I was never given. I'm sorry.
Yours faithfully,
Hermione Granger.

I wiped my eyes on my sleeve and get changed into my pajamas. I put the letters under my pillow and fell into dreamless sleep. When I woke the dorm was empty and the clock on the wall read 8:15! Harry, Ron and Ginny would be in class. I sigh and take the letters out from under the pillow case. I write the names of who the letter is too on the front of the letter and I place Ginny's on her pillow. Leaving the dormitory, I walk into Harry and Ron's. Placing Harry's letter and Ron's on their pillows I smile at the photo of the three of us on the wall. There is two photos from every year but three from last year. I look at the picture of us holding on the balcony smiling. I smile at the photo and pull it down from the wall. I place it in my jeans pocket and grab my trunk and head downstairs. I walk down the empty corridors to Severus's office. I knock on the door and walk in. Severus stands in the lounge room wearing a dark blue buttoned top and blue jeans. I smile at him and hug him. "I wrote a letter to Harry, Ginny and Ron," I say.

"This must be hard for you. But you don't have to do it if you don't want to," Snape reminds me.

"I know but I want to," I say. Dumbledore walks into the room and smiles slightly.

"Severus, Hermione. Are you ready to depart on your journey?" he asks us.

"I think so," I say.

"Well let us go," Dumbledore walks out of the room and we follow carrying our trunks. We walk to the train station near Hogwarts and the Hogwarts Express gleams in the sun. I smile at Severus then at Dumbledore.

"Farewell Miss Granger," Dumbledore says holding out his hand. I shake it firmly.

"Farewell Professor Dumbledore," I say.

"Good bye Severus. I am sure I will see you again," Dumbledore says turning to Snape.

"I am sure we will," Snape replies. After they released each others hand Severus and I entered the train and waved good bye to Dumbledore. Snape hugs me from behind as the train starts to move and hand in hand we walk into the same compartment I met Harry and Ron in first year. I smile as I sit where I sat all those years ago.

"Well today is the beginning," I say.

"Of the rest of our lives," Severus added before pressing his lips to mine. And for the first time in 5 years I felt hope.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

202K 4.3K 16
Hermione, Ron and Harry are about to go back to Hogwarts for their sixth year. Harry finds himself busy with finding out what's happening to Dumbledo...
2.8K 13 11
Ron and Hermione will finally fall in love together after all the things that they have gone through with each other. But what if Draco gets in the w...
3.8K 401 40
What happens when a Gryffindor falls in love with a Slytherin. Not just any Slytherin - THE Slytherin Prince. And what if the Gryffindor hides secret...
122K 3.4K 21
Hermione is looking forward to her sixth year of Hogwarts. But the Wizard world is in total uproar. Draco is in some serious trouble and she will do...