The Opposite Attraction: An A...

By XhaotixAesthetica

UNDERGOING SERIOUS EDITING AND RECONSTRUCTION Autumn Glassrock and August Alsina. They're complete opposites... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Author's Note
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Author's Note
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Epilogue
PLEASE READ

Chapter 14

7.8K 305 10
By XhaotixAesthetica

•|•Autumn•|•

It's been a month and a half since I told my story to August.

We have the best relationship I've ever been in.

Chris has made a full recovery, and we're closer than blood now. Kylie and him go out, and they're one of the cutest couples I've ever seen.

Trey and Honey been messing around, and we all know they're in love with each other, but they're to stubborn to say so.

Trayvon has started to text me, begging for me to get back with him. I ignore him very time. Have I told August? Hell no! Do I have Boo Boo the Fool written on my forehead?

If I tell August, all that'll do is start something unnecessary and not called for.

It's not even that important.

Honey, Kylie, Jaylynn, Trey, Chris, August, and I are all like one big happy family. Even Winter, Marquez, and the triplets are practically in love with all my friends.

"Autumn, get ya ass up! We got to go." Honey screamed in my ear.

She spent the night over here, because of family issues at home. Next time, she will be sleeping on the couch.

With Honey asleep in here, I can't get any rest. If she's not cackling uncontrollably, then she's snoring louder than a construction site.

I finally got to sleep like an hour ago, and now she wants me to wake up? Bish please.

I just turn over and close my eyes again. I hear Honey sigh. "If you don't get up, you won't get to see August." A few seconds pass by before I wordlessly get up and go in the bathroom to do my morning routine while ignore Honey's laughter that follows after me.

After I do my morning routine and put my hair in a side fishtail braid, I put on a royal blue long-sleeved crop top with a golden owl on it, a pale yellow lace-knit skirt that came a little above mid-thigh, a pale yellow beanie, and yellow Lebron 11 Elite's.

When Honey comes out, she looks just as good. She has her black Brazilian microbraids flowing loosely down her back.

She has on a red crop top that says Baddie in bold white cursive, white high-waisted shorts, a red snapback, and her Jordan 6 Rings.

We took some pics together and I posted them on my Instagram before grabbing our stuff, and catching the bus to school since we don't feel like walking.

Daddy, Winter, and Marquez are at work and the triplets are at daycare.

It's been a while since I spent some time with my nephews. We're going to have to have an Auntie Day sometime this weekend.

When Honey and I get school, we go our separate ways since our lockers aren't any closer than our classes.

As usual, August is leaning against my locker waiting for me.

He looks mad. "What's your damage?" I ask, twisting the combination lock and smiling when the locker door popped open.

"Why didn't you tell me that nigga was texting yo phone?" he asked lowly, his accent thick. I looked at him with a raised eyebrow. His fists were clenched as well as his jaw. His demeanor was hard and cold, but his eyes were blazing with anger.

August is the only person with a temper as bad as mine.

"Because it ain't important." I replied cooly, slamming my locker and heading towards my English class. "How it's not fucking important that your ex calling you and texting you at all damn times of the day?"

I round on August.

Glaring up into his dark brown eyes with just as much malice, I say, "I don't know what your deal is, but you better show me a bit more respect than that. I'm not one of your hoes. You can't talk to me any kind if way, and expect me to be ok with it. Either you come to me correct or don't come to me at all."

I then turned back around and stomped into Mrs. Crenshaw's class. So much for the best relationship I've ever been in. Sometimes, I think this nigga really don't trust me.

•|•August•|•

I spent the whole time in first and second period beating myself up. We're in Biology now.

It's almost time for the bell to ring, and Autumn hasn't came back here to talk to me like she usually does. I know she's still pissed at me. It doesn't take too much to get her angry, but she has reason to be.

I disrespected her, and made a big deal out of nothing.

So what, Trayvon texts her and calls her asking for another chance. It's not like she cheated on me.

Yesterday, when I was chilling with Autumn, she was getting some cereal from the kitchen and her phone rang. I answered it, and it was that nigga on the phone talking shit.

I should've just not paid any attention to him.

But what can I say? I have trust issues.

Autumn don't need this. She don't need me and my problems. I realize now that maybe I'm not what's best for her.

•|•Autumn•|•

When the lunch bell rang, I grabbed my Algebra book, went to my locker, and shoved it in.

As I was going past the music room, I heard someone singing. It was a male with a smooth, familiar voice. Who is that singing like that?

It sounds amazing.

I went in the music room.

It was August! He can sing? The hell?

He was in the recording booth with his back to me, so he didn't see me standing there.

I had walked in just as he had begun to sing the song.

Don't make this hard for me

It's not about who's right or wrong

No, if it's how it's supposed to really supposed to be

Then this love will carry on

Girl, if we leave how we began

Then just know that

I only want what's best for you

It's not what's good for me

It's not about what I want

But it's all about what you need

I want what's best for you

But I don't want you to leave

It's not about what I want

But it's all about what you need

I want what's best for you

'Cause you're the sweetest thing I know

If I said I loved you, really loved you so

Then I could let you go

Girl

Doesn't mean I'm giving up

So just know that

I only want what's best for you

It's not what's good for me

It's not about what I want

But it's all about what you need

I want what's best for you

Bu I don't want you to leave

It's not about what I want

But it's all about what you need

I want what's best for you

No matter how bad it feels

No matter how much it hurts

You deserve your words

I only want what's best

I don't wanna tell no lies

I don't wanna make you cry

I only want what's best

I only want what's best for you

It's not what's good for me

It's not about what I want

But it's all about what you need

I want what's best for you

But I don't want you to leave

It's not about what I want

But it's all about what you need

I want what's best for you

It's not what's good for me

It's not about what I want

But it's all about what you need

I want what's best for you

But I don't want you to leave

It's not about what I want

But it's all about what you need

I want what's best for you

What's best for you

"I didn't know you could sing." I say softly. August whirls around, but relaxes when he sees it's just me.

He smiles weakly.

"Yeah, I don't really have much time for it." he says.

I go over to him and look up into his eyes. "I'm sorry. I should have told you about Trayvon. I didn't mean to make you mad." August smiles and puts his arms around me.

I sigh contentedly at the feel of his warm, strong arms around me.

"It's ok. I'm sorry for talking to you like I did. And for making it seem like I don't trust you. It's gonna take me a while to get over my issues, but I swear I'm trying." I smile and lean up and kiss him softly.

A few moments pass. "Autumn, do I make you happy?"

I look at August with my eyebrows furrowed. "Where did that come from?"

He shrugs. "I don't know. I guess I just think that you don't need someone like me. I love you, but I'm not sure I'm loving you the way you want to be loved."

I'm in shock. August is the last person anybody would ever expect to have insecurities. He's so strong and level-headed. It's hard to remember that he's only human.

I shake my head. "August, you don't have nothing to worry about. I love you the way you are. I know you got issues, but everybody got 'em. I wouldn't change anything about you if I could." August smiles, and kisses me.

Wordlessly, we grab our stuff and go to lunch.

If we can react so strongly to such a small incident such as Trayvon wanting me back, I wonder how we gon act when the big shit start happening.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

771K 24.6K 55
Can August grow up? Will Layla accept him or leave him behind?
24.6K 734 46
After six whole months of not being able to see each other. Lira finally realized she is nothing without the one she loves. But when pride blinds he...
208K 7K 30
Shes A Young Ambitious Fiesty 21 Year Old She Want Her Dreams To Come True But for Now Shes Just Another Stripper That Dating a Hood Bad Boy This Ba...
5.6M 169K 81
After almost failing out of Dental School, August returns to Atlanta willing to do whatever it takes to make things right with the only person who c...