Tonight's not over

SymphonyOnMute

A Foo Fighter FanFic. Will Mia be blinded by the sexy blonde that is Taylor? Or will she fall for the quiet h... Еще

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26

Chapter 10

345 6 1
SymphonyOnMute

Over the next couple of days I only heard from Taylor if I text him first and he was always too busy to see me. By the time it got to Thursday I really liked the idea of going to the barbecue with Chris and making Taylor jealous.

After work I headed home to change clothes and set about preparing the food I'd promised. By the time I heard Chris knock it was almost ready. I opened the door to see him standing there smiling, beer in his hands.
"I figured I'd supply the alcohol if you're supplying the food." he joked as he stepped in and kissed me on the cheek.

I felt my heart flutter a little when his lips touched my cheek and I smiled at him "Thanks." I said taking the beer from him and leading the way into the living room.

As he took a seat I went into the kitchen, opened two of the bottles and took them back to him.
"Is dinner on your lap in front of the TV ok?" I asked him

"That's the best sort of dinner." he replied grinning.

"I'll go and dish up then." I laughed "Remote's on the table, why don't you find something to watch."
I loved how easy time with Chris was. I felt so comfortable with him and I just wished me and Taylor could move past that awkward first stage of the relationship and be this relaxed together.  I shook my head, I wasn't thinking about him tonight I decided, tonight was all about planning the gig with Chris.

When I returned with two plates of food Chris had settled on a documentary about country music. I smiled as I put his plate on the table in front of him. "Looks great." he said glancing up at me. "Is this OK?" he asked pointing to the TV "I can find something else if you'd rather."

"No I'd love watching that with you." I said as I sat down beside him.

As we ate we started to chat, about the documentary, music in general and anything else that came into our heads. It felt like I'd known him forever. When he'd finished his food he sat back and sighed.
"That was delicious. Best meal I've had in hours" he joked and winked at me
"Well I better hope so" I laughed "Do you want another beer?"

"Sounds great" He said "then we can discuss the gig."

I nodded in response and cleared the plates into the kitchen and carried two beers back into the living room with me. I handed one to Chris and sat back down beside him. He took a list of gig dates from his pocket and put it on the table in front of us. I had to sit real close to him so I could see the list better. I could feel the warmth from his body and a lonely butterfly flew through my body.
"These first dates are just me and a guitar" He said and pointed on the list "But for these last couple in New York I have a small band. So how do fancy coming out to NYC and joining me then?"

He looked up and his eyes met mine. I realised how close he was and my mouth was suddenly really dry. I took a sip from the beer. I was really shocked to what he had suggested.
"You want me to come to New York?"

"Well...yes. If that's alright with you?"

"Wow... I don't know what to say..."

"Uhm" he seemed a bit uneasy now "I'll sort your flights and hotel room. I thought it would be a fantastic end to my mini tour. To have you beside me"

I felt a huge smile spread across my face, this was an amazing.
"I'd love to come to New York. I can't believe youve asked me. Thank you so much."

"Hey it's no big deal. It'll be fun. You'll be great on that stage."

For a moment I just sat and stared at him not really knowing what to say. A famous musician was telling me I'd be great on stage with him and I didn't know how to react. Eventually I got myself together, cleared my throat a little and asked.
"So what will I have to do?"

"I thought maybe you could play on a few songs towards the end of the gig if that's OK? Give the last few tracks a bit extra, you know, end on a high. I figured you could maybe sing some harmonies, or maybe a duet?"

"Sounds good to me." I told him. "Which tracks were you thinking of?"

"I don't really mind. You could listen to my album and pick some you want to try. Then maybe we can get together next week to start rehearsing?"

"I thought we were gonna start tonight..." I told him.

"Yeah I had planned to but this way you will have a few days to get to know the songs before we start."

"Oh alright." I told him.
The air around us thickened and I felt a bit uneasy. I'd thought we were going to spend the evening together and I found myself a little disappointed that he might be leaving soon.
"Do you have other plans for tonight?" I asked quietly

"No!" he replied quickly "I just wanted you to be comfortable with the music. I didn't want to throw you straight in at the deep end." He held my gaze for a little while before he turned away and said "But I guess we have done everything we need to do for tonight so maybe I should be going when I've finished my beer."

As Chris drank my heart began to race. I didn't want him to leave. I didn't want to be on my own and I desperately searched for a reason for him to stay.
"Well I'm only going to watch a movie you could watch it with me if you like." I blurted out not daring to look at him.

"Yeah OK" he answered "What movie did a you plan to see?"

My head shot up to look at him not quite believing I'd heard him right at first. Did he just say he'd stay...?
"Erm.... I... I hadn't really decided. Any suggestions?" I stammered, feeling flustered all of a sudden.

He laughed a little "Not a clue. Shall we just flick channels and see what we find? Or just watch Walking The Line about Johnny Cash that's next up on this channel?"

"Yeah That'll do." I told him, really relieved that it had settled so fast. I settled back on the sofa beside him, my beer in my hand. If I was honest I didn't really care what we watched I just wanted his company. I really liked being around him, especially close to him, like now.

We sat quietly as we waited for the movie to start but it wasn't an awkward silence, in fact I was surprised at how comfortable I felt with Chris even when we weren't talking. As the movie played I found myself starting to feel quite tired and I was fighting to stay awake. I wasn't ready to go to bed just yet, I didn't want to have to ask Chris to leave. Not yet. I can do this. I can stay... awake....?

Chris' POV

As we sat watching Walking The Line a comfortable silence filled the room and I couldn't have been happier. Now and again I glanced over just looking at her, her eyes fixed on the Tv, her hair a bit messy around her face, she was so beautiful. I knew she was dating Taylor, and Taylor is my friend, but not being the guy she dated kinda hurt more than it should. And I really tried being her friend cauae I couldn't imagine life without her in it. I really liked this girl, I had from the moment I met her and I really wished she felt the same way about me.

Suddenly I felt Mias head rest against my shoulder and I looked at her startled. I felt like I should say something but I wasn't sure what. As thoughts tumbled round in my head until I noticed that she'd fallen asleep. I have to admit, realising she hadn't leant against me on purpose made me feel slightly disappointed. I wanted nothing more than for her to cuddle up to me.

I sat wondering whether I should wake her or let her sleep. I felt like I was taking advantage of the situation leaving her where she was but I liked feeling this close to her and I didn't want the moment to end. I turned my head so the scent from her hair filled my nose, I knew I'd never get this chance again and I wanted to remember everything about it. My heart beat faster, I was surprised she didn't wake by the sound of it, and I carefully moved her fringe away from her face. Her skin felt soft beneath my fingers and she looked so peaceful sleeping. Suddenly she started to move and I held my breath worried that I'd woken her and the moment would be over. After a few seconds though, she settled again much to my relief.

I went back to watching the movie scared to move too much. My arm was starting to go numb but I was determined to stay exactly where I was for as long as possible. I knew if I moved I would wake her. I wanted to be this close to Mia forever but that was never going to happen so this time was all I had.

After a while my arm really started to hurt and m so I had no option but to move. I gently put my hand under Mia's chin to stop her head from falling forward. I knew this would be the end of my time cuddled with her and I sighed unhappily. I moved my arm and shoulder as I supported her head until I felt comfortable again all the time waiting for her to move and ask what the fuck I thought I was doing. I couldn't believe my luck when I managed to it all without her opening her eyes.

Mia's POV

As I started to wake it took me a moment or two to realise where I was. I could feel a hand under my chin and I was about to open my eyes and sit up when I remembered I was with Chris. I felt him move slightly and then gently place my head against his shoulder. I held my breath as my mind whirled, wondering what he must be thinking. I felt embarrassed to have fallen asleep and I couldn't believe I'd managed to end up leaning on him. This was going to be awkward.

I decided to put off the inevitable for a while so I left my head where he'd placed it and pretended I was still sleeping. It actually felt nice to be cuddled up with someone, it had been a long time since I'd had that feeling and I liked it a lot. I felt warm and safe and as I leaned against him I knew I needed this in my life. Being with Chris was fun, he was kind and caring and I felt so at home with him that I could tell him almost anything. I enjoyed being with Taylor, it was thrilling but I needed more in my life than just sex, I needed love. I needed to feel how I felt right now and somehow I had to make that happen.  I just wasn't sure how to do it.

As I sat enjoying the feeling of being close to someone, Chris suddenly sneezed and I knew the moment had reached it's end. There was no way I could pretend to have slept through that. I sat up as if I had been startled awake and rubbed at my eyes.
"Hey sleepy head" Chris said smiling "so good to have you back in the land of the living."

"Sorry." I muttered "How long have I been asleep?"

"Quite a while, the movie is about to finish."

"Oh God, I feel awful for falling asleep. I really am sorry."

"Hey don't sweat it. You were obviously tired and I've enjoyed the movie so it's fine. I should go now though, you need to go to bed and get some proper rest." he said as he picked up his phone and called a cab.

"Yeah I guess you're right." I sighed. For some reason I felt sad that he was about to go home and I wasn't really sure why. It wasn't like he could stay all night with me, he was my friend not my boyfriend.

We chatted for a couple of minutes while we waited for the cab to arrive.
"So I'll see you next week then to start rehearsals. Or will I see you Saturday?"

"Saturday....? Oh right...The barbecue. No I won't be there." I told him trying to keep the disappointment from my voice.

"Hasn't Taylor invited you?" he asked sounding a little confused.
I shook my head, I wasn't sure I could answer without getting upset.
"Fucking idiot!" Chris exclaimed and I looked up at him a little shocked.
"Sorry" he went on "but he is. If I had a girl like you I wouldn't be keeping it a secret, I'd be showing you off to the world."
I felt myself blush and that lonely butterfly divided into two and together the tumbled around through my body. I smiled at him.
"Look I meant what I said though, you're more than welcome to come to the barbecue with me. After all there is no reason you can't go with a friend and Rami and Christine will be there too. It'll be fun. What do you say?"

I hesitated for a moment but then the things Christine had said to me floated back through my mind and I decided she was right. Fuck Taylor I was going to go with my friends.
"Yeah OK, I'd like that." I felt really pleased that he'd asked me to go with him, it was going to be a fun night and I wanted to be a part of it with or without Taylor.

"Great" Chris grinned "I'll pick you up about 7 then."
At that moment we heard the cab horn outside and I heard Chris sigh
"Well I guess that's my cue to leave. Thanks for dinner and a lovely evening Mia."

"Thank you for coming, I've had a great night."

I followed him through my apartment to the front door. He reached for the door but then stopped and turned to face me. For a moment he held my gaze before laying his hand on my cheek and stroking it gently with his thumb. I held my breath not sure what I should do. And those butterflies were more than two now and it confused the hell out of me!
"Well goodnight Mia." he said a kind of sad smile on his face.

"Goodnight Chris" I replied.

He remained still for a moment longer, his hand still on my cheek before he leaned forward, gently kissed my forehead and then turned to leave. With thousand confused thoughts in my head of I watched him walk towards the cab and as he disappeared into the night I closed the door of my suddenly very empty apartment.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

32.6K 1.2K 49
They watch you with needy eyes, Raising their weapons, prepared to fight. Immorality not existing, obsession in disguise And waiting to capture suc...
Give In To Me Bree Bean

Любовные романы

23.2K 633 53
Britt starts working for her favorite band of all time, Foo Fighters. Her first week on the job brings a new relationship into her life that she neve...
9.4K 136 32
When your world comes falling down around you, you meet a beautiful stranger. Accepting you will never see this person again you try to forget about...
Burned ssw_darling

Любовные романы

24.7K 753 26
Emberly Berry just wanted to get away, that is, until an accident with the hot fireman leads to a burning attraction. ****** Emberly decided to run a...