FADED ▷ Sam Winchester [2]

By mwthatcher3

❝ And I'm faded away you know I used to be on fire And I'm standing in the ashes ... More

PREVIOUSLY
1 | WAY DOWN WE GO
2 | SHOUT AT THE DEVIL
3 | ANGEL IN DISTRESS
4 | ANGRY SPICE
5 | PHONE CALL
6 | REUNION
7 | REST IN PEACE
8 | DYING IN L.A.
9 | READY AIM FIRE
10 | TURNING PAGE
11 | DAMN DRAMA
12 | UNDER ARREST
13 | FOLSOM PRISON BLUES
14 | THE WINCHESTER WAY
16 | RIGHT VS WRONG
17 | LILY SUNDER
18 | SMELL THE ROSES
19 | IN MY HEAD
20 | SLOW FADE
21 | HOLD ON
22 | DANCE OF THE CLAIRVOYANTS
23 | TO DIE FOR
24 | FORCED CONVALESCENCE
25 | WHO LET THE DOGS OUT?
26 | LEVEL OF CONCERN
27 | TRUTH HURTS
28 | HURTS TO BE HUMAN
29 | LOOK WHAT I'VE BECOME
30 | TUESDAY'S GONE
31 | DOIN' TIME
32 | SIDE EFFECTS
33 | TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN
BOOK 3 | HAUNTED

15 | HELLO, BROTHER

3.3K 110 28
By mwthatcher3

     "You really have no idea what Billie was talking about?" Dean asks me for the hundredth time since we got back to the bunker. I press my hands against my face and sigh.

    "No idea," I say. "Like I've been trying to tell you for the past two days."

    Dean tilts his head to the side, before turning back to the board that Cas has up. He was trying to track down Kelly Kline whilst we were away in that prison. I guess after we were arrested she got away from Cas and he still can't find her.

    "Well, it doesn't hurt to ask," Dean says.

    "Yeah, try being on this end of the conversation," I say, sipping a little at a glass of water. I few moments later Sam comes in the room, holding a cup of coffee.

    "I was looking at that earlier," he says, noticing Dean studying the bulletin board with info on Kelly. "Cas has been busy, huh?"

    "Yeah, busy not finding Kelly Kline, or her Rosemary's baby," Dean says. I sigh again. Dean isn't happy with Cas, and I don't think it has anything to do with losing Kelly Kline. He's mostly just pissed that Cas stabbed Billie in the back, effectively ending the stupid deal which Dean made in the first place. The part that is worrying Dean is what Billie said at midnight, about how if you try to break the deal, there would be consequences on a cosmic scale. Yeah, I mean, obviously this doesn't sound good, but Billie's dead now, so what can she do about it?

    "I mean, how does a chick like this just drop off the map?" Dean asks. Sam takes a seat across the table from me.

    "I think that's what he's trying to figure out," Sam says. "Hey, you hear from Mom yet?" He changes the subject.

    "Yeah, she called last night, says she's got a line on a shapeshifter in Atlanta," Dean says. "I said we could come help, she said don't bother. Apparently, she's 'got it'." Dean uses his fingers for air quotes.

    "Then she's probably got it," Sam says defensively.

    "Yeah," Dean scoffs a little.

    "Mom's good," Sam says.

    "Okay, see ya," I get up and grab my water as I head down the hall. These guys need to talk about stuff that I don't need to hear. Like their family issues.

     I run into Castiel in the kitchen. I've kind of been on his side during this whole thing. Dean's on one side, Cas and me are on the other, and Sam's in the middle playing referee.

    "Hey, Cas," I say. "Is something wrong?" I ask, noticing the way he's standing over the counter with his fingers gripping the edge. He looks tensed up.

    "Yes," Cas confirms. He removes his hands and looks at me. "I have to go."

    "Whoa, whoa," I protest as he begins leaving the room. "Where? What's going on, Cas?"

    "I heard something, on angel radio," he explains. "There was somebody calling out for help. An angel friend, Benjamin. He was begging for help, then he just stopped. I need to know if he's still alive."

    "Okay," I say after a moment. "I'm going to get my bag and meet you outside." I start back towards my room.

    "Wait, what?" Cas asks.

    "What?" I say, pausing in my steps.

    "You... don't have to come along," Cas tells me. I raise my eyebrows and shrug.

    "I know that," I say and smile a little before leaving to get my bag. I briefly wonder if Cas even wants me to come. I mean, I didn't really give him a chance to refuse. No, he shouldn't mind. Right?

    I get out to the garage about ten minutes later with my backpack and I'm surprised to see Sam and Dean outside with Cas too.

    "Oh boy," I huff, knowing how tense this road trip is going to be.

    An hour into the road trip, I'm watching episodes of Seinfeld that I have downloaded onto my iPad. There's only a few I have and I've seen them so many times, but I would rather watch those again than deal with this crap. These girls want to fight, they can, but I don't want to be a part of it.

    I put my headphones in right after we left the Bunker and haven't taken them out since. I was falling asleep during one episode, and didn't realize my head fell against Castiel's shoulder. Yes, I get to sit in the back with Cas. I'm getting used to sharing the back with him. When I woke back up a few minutes later, I just left my head on his shoulder because I didn't feel like moving. Plus, he wasn't saying anything about it.

    At one point, the car swerves and I realize that Dean and Cas have started up again. I just ignore it, moving my head off of Cas's shoulder and curling up into a ball. I cover up with a fuzzy sweater in my duffel bag. I'm not really cold, I just like covering up.

    The boys' voices startle me awake. I look out the window and see sunlight. We were driving damn near all night, and now I don't even know where the hell we are. Oh well. In front of us is a motel.

    "Yay," I shove my crap into my duffel bag and jerk the car door open.

    We get a room, I guess they figure we'll wrap this up in a day and not have to stay another night. I hope so.

    I change into my FBI clothes, a skirt, not too short but not too long, and a black and white suit shirt thing. I honestly didn't mean to grab the skirt. I hate wearing skirts, I don't even know why I have them. Oh well, I can't just stay behind at the motel, I have a job to do too. Find the monster.

•••

    "The police are saying it was a stabbing," Sam talks to the owner of the place where Benjamin's vessel was found.

   "Sure, yeah, that's the official story," the guy says. "I mean, I was outside. Dead woman? No blood? Come on."

    I notice Cas staring at the wall, where a pair of angel wings are singed into the wall. I feel bad for him. One of his buddies dying. That sucks.

    "And these crazy burn marks?" The guy says. "It's a cult thing, right? That's why the FBI is—"

    "Hey, get out," Cas comes over and orders the guy all of a sudden.

    "What?"

    "Get out," Cas says again. I purse my lips and give Cas a look.

   "He means we can take it from here, thanks," Dean says, walking with the guy to the door. "We'll call you when we're done."

    "Cas, you okay?" I ask.

    "No," Cas answers. "Benjamin and I, we fought together. He was a gifted soldier. I don't know how this could have happened." I furrow my eyebrows. I kind of want to hug him, but I'm not sure if that would actually make him feel better.

    "Got something," Dean says, lifting an angel blade from the floor. "Looks like we had a little angel-on-angel action." Dean walks over and hands the blade to Cas.

    After a moment of studying the blade, Cas speaks up. "This isn't Benjamin's blade," he says. We wait for him to continue to explain, but he closes his eyes and puts a hand to the side of his head.

    He opens his eyes and takes his hand away, looking shocked and a little afraid. "We have to go. Now." He keeps the angel blade in his hand as he goes towards the doors, not waiting for our answers.

    On the way back to the motel, Cas doesn't really explain what happened back there, he just says he needs to call somebody. I've had this slamming headache for days, since I last used my powers actually, and it just feels like it's dragging me down. Everything seems to require twice the effort as it usually does.

    "Ugh, back again," I say as Dean goes to unlock the motel room door.

    "Quit whining," he says. I notice him tense up before looking back to us.

    "What?" I say. Dean gestures to the door that's partly opened. We definitely locked that before we left. Inside, I can tell the light's still off. What the hell?

    Man, the one time I don't have my gun or knife on me.

    Dean gently pushes the door open, holding his own gun and looking around cautiously. He flicks the light on and immediately spots what's different in the room. He jerks to the right and lifts his gun, aiming it at the guy sitting in the chair.

    "Whoa dude, what's with the gun?" The guy holds his hands up as if to show he isn't a threat. "I'm just sitting here, where is that a crime?"

    "Who the hell are you?" Dean asks, and Sam and Cas seem equally tense.

    "Okay, okay," I laugh a little, lifting my hand and shoving Dean's gun down. "His name is Mitch."

    "Wh– you know him?" Dean ask, getting a little frustrated.

    "Mm- hmm," I say. "What are you doing here? How did you even find me?"

    "That was Becky," Mitch says. "She got that Find My Phone app."

    "You tracked my phone? You?" I ask, knowing very well about his inability to use technology.

   "No, Becky did," Mitch says, laughing a little himself at the idea of knowing how to use technology.

    The sound of the toilet flushing in the bathroom causes Dean to bring his gun up again. "Now who the hell–"

    "Okay, will you just stop... with that?" I say loudly to Dean. "This is my brother, and that's his kid, Becky. If you shoot them, I'll shoot you."

    "Really, you're Mitch?" Sam asks, stepping further into the room. "I've heard a lot about you." He reaches his hand out.

    "That's a shame," Mitch says disappointedly as he shakes Sam's hand. Sam looks confused but doesn't say anything.

    "Okay, back up a little," Dean says. "You have a brother?" He asks me.

    "Yeah," I say. Dean turns to Sam.

    "And you knew this?" He asks, like Sam betrayed his trust or something. Sam just raises his eyebrows, shrugging. Dean scoffs.

    "Yeah, you know, Bailey always checks in, so we can make sure she's alright, but it's been about three months since we last heard from her," Mitch explains.

    "Yeah, I think dad almost had a heart attack," Becky says from the doorway of the bathroom. She looks different than the last time I saw her. Her blonde hair is dyed blue and its shorter.

     "I did not," Mitch says. "Oh, that's my oldest, Becky," he introduces them to her.

    "Your oldest?" Sam asks.

    "There's three more at home," Mitch says.

    "Never met a hunter with kids," Dean says.

    Mitch laughs. I do too a little. "No way. I'm a dentist." Dean raises his eyebrows at me and my brother. I shrug.

    "Hey, he still makes more money than I do."

***

A/N: Hopefully I will pick this up tomorrow, sorry it was kind of cringey :(

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.8K 1.5K 72
"You're destroying me Winchester!" "That's good!" Meeting those boys was either her biggest mistake or something she need the most in her life. A Boo...
169K 6.7K 26
❝ You think you're tough, don't you? ❞ ❝ I think I'm a badass. ❞ _ in which Dean Winchester is the father of a female version of his teenage self [ S...
259K 5.7K 82
{completed 03/05/16} Welcome to my book of imagines. Imagines not labeled with a Tumblr user are mine/ones with ** are mine.
116K 3.1K 31
⋆ DISCONTINUED ⋆ Exactly what the title says. ⋆ Disclaimer: These stories are all from over two years ago, and my writing has much improved and chan...