Tonight's not over

By SymphonyOnMute

A Foo Fighter FanFic. Will Mia be blinded by the sexy blonde that is Taylor? Or will she fall for the quiet h... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26

Chapter 7

387 5 0
By SymphonyOnMute

Chris had text a few gig dates over so that I could decide which was best for me. He'd said once he knew which days he wasn't working with the Foos he'd arrange for us to get together to rehearse. So now I was on the bus into town, going to find something new to wear. The gig was still a few weeks away but I didn't want to leave it until the last minute as I wanted the perfect outfit.  I heard my phone ring. I pulled it from my bag and as I answered I heard Christine's voice say "Hi Mia. I just wondered what you were up to. Rami and the guys are in the studio this afternoon and I thought maybe we could hang out?"

"I'm on my way into town actually. Chris has asked me to play with him at a gig so I need to find something to wear."

"Oh need any help? I love shopping." she said excitedly.

I laughed a little "Sure, a second opinion is always useful."

We arranged a time and place to meet and soon I found myself strolling round the shops arm in arm with a model. A few weeks ago I would never have believed my life could turn out like this.

"Soooo Chris asked you to play at one of his gigs. Does this mean you've seen him since the other day in the studio?" Christine asked.

"What?!" I asked surprised, not sure how to answer. She obviously had the wrong idea about me and Chris.

She stopped walking, faced me and rolled her eyes. "Come on I want to know if you and Chris are seeing each other."

"No!" I exclaimed "We're just friends. I bumped into him and the boys in town the other day when they were having coffee. Chris told me to join them and then he invited me to have pasta with them that's all."

"That's all?" she asked grinning.

"Yes that's all."

She sighed and seemed a little disappointed. "But you look so good together. And he must quite like you if he's asking you to play at his gig."

I frowned at her. "We're friends, that's it. We were talking about music and he asked if I'd like to rehearse some stuff with him for a gig. It sounded fun so I said yes but that's all there is to it. Now are you going to help me with choosing an outfit or not?"

For a moment she stood and just looked at me, then she smiled, took my arm again and said "Of course. Do you know what you're looking for?"

"Well, I definitely need some new jeans. I was thinking black, skinny jeans."

"That's a great idea. You have a fantastic body you should definitely show it off. And what about some boots? Kinda country lookin'?"

I screwed my nose up "Not really my style. I'm more of a rocker. Vans are more my thing."

"OK we can work with that." she grinned. "I'm used to working with Vans they're Rami's favourite."

We trailed round a few shops until I found a pair of skinny, black jeans that fitted perfectly. I had to admit I felt good in them and Christine approved. She held up various tops but none of them were really what I would have felt comfortable wearing. She put her hands on her hips and joked "I know you're a rock chick at heart but Chris is a country boy, we must be able to find something that fits both." For a moment we both stood laughing before she said "I know. Wait there." She disappeared for a couple of minutes before returning with a red and black check shirt. "Taa Daa!" she exclaimed looking pleased with herself.

"Now that I'd wear. And it would go perfectly with the red Vans I've had my eye on for a while."

"See we make a great team." she grinned "Try it on then." I went back in the changing room and emerged in the jeans and top. "Wow! You look amazing. That's definitely it."

"Thanks" I replied blushing. I had to admit I felt quite good about myself when a model was saying I looked amazing.

When I'd paid for the jeans and shirt I headed to the shop to buy the red Vans. "Is that it?" Christine asked when that was done. "Is that everything you need?"

"I think so don't you?"

"Yeah you'll look great." We were walking through town when Christine said "Well that was quite a quick shopping trip, so do you want to come back to my place for a while. I doubt the boys will be finished yet so we can drink wine, you can try on the whole outfit and we can think about hair and makeup if you like? I haven't enjoyed a girlie afternoon like this in ages."

I had to admit I hadn't either and it was fun. "Yeah I'd like that." I told her.

All of a sudden she stopped dead "Oh my God you have to have that." she said pointing to a black leather jacket that I had to admit looked cool. "That would look fantastic with your outfit."

"I'm not sure my budget will stretch to a leather jacket."

"Come on. You have to try it on." she went on ignoring my comment and dragging me into the shop.

Once we were inside, she searched the rail and found it in my size before handing it to me and staring at me expectantly. For a moment I hesitated, before deciding that trying it on wouldn't hurt. I put my bags on the floor and slipped my arms in the sleeves. As I straightened the jacket on my body I knew I was done for. It felt so good on and Christine was grinning and nodding. "You have to have it." she said "It's perfect for you. Look." She spun me around so I was facing the mirror and I gasped as I saw myself. She was right, it looked amazing and it would be perfect with the rest of my outfit. I sighed, I knew I couldn't really afford it but I couldn't leave it behind either. "Buy it." she encouraged me "You only live once and you look fabulous."

I laughed "Yeah you're right." I said taking the jacket off and heading to the checkout to pay.

With the shopping trip over we got a cab and headed back to Christine's to continue our girlie afternoon. We were walking into the house chatting and laughing when we heard a voice call out "I didn't expect you home this early. Did you have a good afternoon?"

I looked over at Christine as she called back "Yes thanks, it was great. I didn't expect you to be finished in the studio until this evening." She led me into a huge living room where Rami's voice had come from. As we walked in she headed over to him and gave him a kiss.

I stopped dead when a voice said "Hey Mia."

I spun round to see Chris sat on a sofa. I stared at him, I was surprised to see he'd shaved his beard.

"Something wrong?" he asked.

For a moment I couldn't answer, my head was awash with thoughts I couldn't quite get a grip of. "You shaved...." was all I managed to mutter.

"Yeah! Do you like it?" he said stroking his chin. He flashed me a smile and a wink which gave me butterflies inside. What was I doing? Why was I feeling like this? Chris was just a friend, nothing more. Taylor was the one who I should feel like this with, who I did feel like this with, didn't I?

"Erm..." I hesitated, not quite knowing how to respond "Yes. You look good. It suits you." Immediately I blushed. What was I saying he looked good for? I mean he did look good, in fact he looked really handsome, sexy even but..... What was I thinking? Chris was my friend, I shouldn't have thoughts like that about my friend. My head was spinning. I looked over at Rami and Christine hoping they hadn't noticed but they were both looking over at me smiling. I felt my cheeks burn even more and dropped my head away from them.

Just then Rami saved me as he said "I invited Chris back for a beer because I didn't expect to see you for at least another couple of hours."

"And I invited Mia back for a glass of wine." Christine laughed. "But I've had an even better idea now. Seeing as we're all here anyway, why don't we get a takeaway and enjoy the evening together?"

All of a sudden I felt a little nervous, I liked them all but the thought of an evening with Chris unsettled me and I wasn't sure why. "Thanks for the offer but I should get off." I started to protest.

"Do you have other plans?" Christine asked walking over.

"Well no but...."

"Then you can stay." she said cutting me off. Then she looked at Chris "And so can you."

Chris looked stunned for a moment before he started to laugh. "Yeah, why not. Come on Mia it'll be fun."

"Of course it will." Rami added.

I looked from Christine, to Rami and finally to Chris. He was smiling that cute smile and I felt my resolve melt. I gave a little laugh "Doesn't look like I have much choice. So thanks, I'd love to."

"Brilliant!" Christine exclaimed. She put her arm round me and led me to the sofa where Chris was sitting. "Take a seat and I'll go and get that wine."

As Christine disappeared into the kitchen Rami looked over at me and joked "You can go shopping with Christine more often. I've never known her be this quick when I've gone with her."

"I don't know about that." I replied "She encouraged me to spend far too much of my money."

"Makes a change from it being mine." he said taking a gulp of beer.

"I heard that!" a voice yelled from the kitchen. Chris and I laughed while Rami choked on his beer. "Serves you right." Christine told him as she came in carrying wine.

She handed a glass to me and then went and sat next to Rami who immediately put his arm round her and kissed her cheek. "Sorry love." he said grinning "You know I didn't mean it." Christine frowned at him and then smiled before returning his kiss. It was so sweet and I longed for someone to treat me the way they treated each other.

"You're very quiet" Chris said bringing me back to reality "What were you thinking about?"

I turned and looked at him for a moment not sure what to say. I settled on "I was just thinking how sweet they are together." Not wanting to tell him that I was hoping for Taylor to treat me the same way. Maybe I imagined it but the smile he gave before going back to his beer looked kind of sad.

We chatted while we finished our drinks. Then Christine asked "So what takeaway are we going to order?"

Rami immediately said "Indian."

"You always want Indian. I fancy a change tonight. Anyway we should ask our guests. Mia what would you like?"

I thought for a moment. "I quite fancy Chinese." I replied.

"Oh yes that's a great idea. I love Chinese. What about you Chris?" she went on.

Rami looked over at Chris "Come on dude side with me."

Chris laughed and then said "Sorry Rami, I'm with Mia here. Chinese sounds much better than Indian tonight." As he spoke he placed his hand on my arm. I gasped slightly and my skin tingled at his touch.  What was wrong with me tonight? He glanced over and I smiled as best I could before taking a sip of wine.

As I sat quietly drinking Rami complained to Chris about letting him down and I could hear them laughing but somehow none of it registered in my brain. My mind was whirling and I couldn't work out why.

Eventually I managed to turn my attention back to the conversation and relaxed into a pleasant evening with my friends. It was strange to think that I could call these famous people my friends now but I really did feel like they were.

The Chinese was ordered and we all ate, drank and chatted until it started to get late. I suddenly felt tired and tried to hide my yawn but Chris spotted it. He smiled at me as he said "You ready to head home?"

I nodded. "Yeah I think I am." I said. Then I turned to Rami and Christine and said "I've had a wonderful evening, thanks for asking me to stay but I think I'll call a cab now if that's OK?"

"It's time I was getting back too." Chris added to them and then turned to me "Why don't we share the cab?"

"But my house is in the opposite direction to yours." I said confused.

Chris just smiled "I know but I really would feel better knowing you got home safely so the cab can drop you off first and then take me."

I got a warm feeling inside knowing he cared for me like that. He really was a great friend. "OK that'd be great. Thanks." As I looked back across the room at Rami and Christine they were sat smiling at us like they knew something I didn't.

When the cab arrived, we said goodbye and I got a hug off Rami and Christine. "We'll have to do this again sometime." Christine said.

"Definitely." Chris replied "Next time we'll do it at my place. What do you say Mia, are you up for that?"

I smiled at them all "Yeah I'd love to."

I collected up my shopping and left with Chris. As I walked out into the night air I shivered a little. "You cold?" Chris asked.

"I'm a little cool." I told him "I didn't bring a jacket because I didn't expect to be out this late."

Chris immediately placed the jacket he had in his hand around my shoulders. "There, is that better?"

My heart skipped a beat as I felt his arm around my shoulders but all too soon it was gone. Why was I having all these thoughts tonight?

We got into the cab and as it drove towards my apartment Chris said "Are you free Thursday to start making plans for the gig? You could maybe drop by my place and we can discuss things?"

"I'm free Thursday." I told him "But why don't you come to mine? I owe you a dinner so I'll cook the pasta this time." He laughed and I went on "We'll have plenty of time to make the rehearsal arrangements then."

"Sounds great. I'll text you and we can sort out a time. And then no doubt I'll see you at the barbecue on Saturday."

"Barbecue?" I questioned.

"Fuck! I take it Taylor hasn't mentioned that yet then? Sorry. Dave is having a barbecue on Saturday for the band and their families but I'm sure Taylor will invite you next time he sees you." I looked at him not sure what to say, not sure that Taylor would invite me. For a moment Chris looked a bit uncomfortable, then he grinned and added "And if he forgets consider yourself invited by me. I haven't got a plus one either so there's no reason why you can't be it."

The awkward silence that followed was broken by the cab pulling up outside my apartment. Chris turned to the driver and said "Could you wait here for just a minute please?" before getting out and lifting my bags from the cab.

I held my hand out towards him. "Thanks but I can manage."

"It's OK I don't mind carrying them to your door."

I smiled at him, then turned and walked up the steps. I unlocked the door, stepped inside and turned to take the bags from Chris. "Thank you." I said.

"You're welcome." For a moment he stood holding my gaze before he dropped his head away. "See you Thursday then I guess. It was lovely to see you again."

"You too." I told him. I took his jacket from my shoulders and passed it to him.

"Bye Mia." He said as he leaned forward and kissed my cheek.

"Bye." I muttered after him as he walked back towards the cab.

I closed the door and for a moment my head reeled. Why was I having these thoughts tonight? Chris was just a friend after all. Then I realised that it must be because I wanted more than just sex, I yearned for the tenderness of a proper relationship. I knew I was going to have to prove to Taylor that I wanted everything from him, not just his body. As I walked through my apartment I smiled, happy that I knew what I wanted at last and thinking of a plan to make it happen.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

845K 23.5K 200
Due to Wattpad's 200 chapter limit... This is PART TWO of the original story You Belong To Me. Disclaimer: This fic is an emotional rollercoaster. I...
18.2K 393 24
A Taylor Hawkins fanfic! "I was on the small stage singing and playing guitar in front of maybe a hundred people when I first saw him. He was tall, s...
24.7K 753 26
Emberly Berry just wanted to get away, that is, until an accident with the hot fireman leads to a burning attraction. ****** Emberly decided to run a...
5.1K 112 87
"Looks like opposites attract huh?" "What do you mean?" He chuckled,taking a swig of beer."I mean that I'm more of a country guy and you're a rock n...