One Night With Zayn & Nine Mo...

By HayleyCT

Riley Miller is a young, careful teen who goes out for a night on the town, or better phrased, finds herself... More

Chapter One: One Night Stand
Chapter Two: The In Between
Chapter Three: The Fallout
Chapter Four: My Zayn Problem
Chapter Five: Please Don't Kill Me
Chapter Six: Take Care of You
Chapter Seven: I Don't Need Your Help
Chapter Eight: No Garbage Disposal
Chapter Nine: Breakfast With the Boys
Chapter Ten: Nice To Be Happy
Chapter Eleven: Merry Christmas Eve
Chapter Twelve: Merry Christmas
Chapter Thirteen: I'm Sure It's Nothing
Chapter Fourteen: Tell Me About It
Chapter Fifteen: I Can Wait
Chapter Sixteen: You're All I Have
Chapter Seventeen: He
Chapter Eighteen: Seven Hundred
Chapter Nineteen: She Means Nothing To Me
Chapter Twenty: You Could Love Me Again
Chapter Twenty Two: Can You Do That?
Chapter Twenty Three: I Want It All
Chapter Twenty Four: Come Over
Chapter Twenty Five: You'll See
Chapter Twenty Six: You Were Right
Chapter Twenty Seven: You've Got This
Chapter Twenty Eight: Soon
Chapter Twenty Nine: Yes.
Chapter Thirty: How Did You Even?
Chapter Thirty One: You're Forgiven
Chapter Thirty Two: Scared
Chapter Thirty Three: Is It Dead?
Chapter Thirty Four: How'd I Get So Lucky?
Chapter Thirty Five: Too Much, Too Fast
Chapter Thirty Six: Be There
Chapter Thirty Seven: I Didn't. But I Do
Chapter Thirty Eight: Useless
Chapter Thirty Nine: It Never Was
Chapter Fourty: Torture
Chapter Fourty One: Here's Just Fine
Chapter Fourty Two: Laughter
Chapter Fourty Three: Everything & Forever
IMPORTANT

Chapter Twenty One: I Know

3.6K 117 10
By HayleyCT

Zayn

        I already knew that Louis would rent out the penthouse, so I had no need to ask at the front desk. While I waited in the elevator, I thought of what I'd say to Riley. She'd already heard it all before. What if this time it was different? It wasn't like I'd given her much to work with. I'd pushed her too hard, been overprotective, punched my best friend, and slept with my ex girlfriend.

        I stepped out, nervous as I pushed one foot in front of the other. Before I could back out, I knocked on the door and waited impatiently for it to open.

        The minute I saw her it was like my heart was about to race out of my chest. "I'm so sorry. I know you've heard this all before. I've had a lot to apologize for-"

        I was cut off by her arms wrapping around me. She held me to her like she'd never done before, catching me by surprise. Slowly I rose my arms up around her and held her, taking in the way it felt to have her so close.

        "You don't have to apologize," she said.

        "She lied," I told her.

        "I know." I felt her lips on the side of my neck before she hugged me tighter. And I knew I'd been forgiven, not only for having slept with Perrie, but also for my past faults.

        I reached down and ran my hand over the part of her that held my baby and for the first time, I understood how much I needed her.

        She leaned away for a moment and I saw a wide smile spread across her face. "Did you feel that?" she asked.

        I shook my head and she quickly took my hand in hers and placed it on her belly so that I could feel what she had. The baby moved under my palm and I couldn't help a grin. That was my boy.

        I snaked my hand up to the side of her face and pulled her to me, her lips curving perfectly around mine. I'd never felt so close to her, not even the night we'd spent together.

        "So, are we all good?" I heard Louis ask.

        Riley's laugh echoed through the hall, a sound I never got tired of listening to. I loved it. And I loved her.

        That same day we got Riley and Louis moved back to the apartment. I decided that I wanted to take Riley out to dinner because I wanted to talk to her privately. We hardly ever talked.

        Once she was dressed and ready to go, I led her to the car and opened the door for her. "Are you hungry?"

        She sat inside and settled in. "Not too much."

        I leaned over and buckled her seat belt, seeing the surprised look on her face. Once I'd kissed her on the cheek, I shut the door and went over to my side.

        Once we were driving all we did was talk. She told me about her past and so did I. The truth was that we hardly knew each other. And I wanted to know everything about her.

        I parked at the pier and walked over to her side of the car to open the door for her. She looked at me questioningly.

        "Just trust me on this," I said, holding my hand out for hers. I led her to the end of the pier where I had Harry set up a dinner table for us with our meal. "I hope you don't mind eating outside."

        I looked down at her, noticing how in awe she was with the sight before her. "You did this for me?"

        I pulled her seat back for her and waited for her to sit. "Well, yeah. I haven't really been the best to you and I want to start now. It's a little late, but I want you to know how much I appreciate you."

        As I sat on the other side of the small table, I noticed the tears starting to form in her eyes. "You know, despite all the things that have been happening lately between us, I have never felt so wanted, Zayn."

        I smiled. "I need to tell you something."

        I dropped my sight to my lap as I thought of how I could say what I wanted to say to her. I love you. You're all I've ever wanted. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me. I want us to be a family and raise our little boy together. I want to love him and I want to love you for the rest of my life. I've never felt so in love in my life. I was just afraid of the way it'd come out. And the way she'd react.

        "Alright," she smiled back, leaning forward in her seat.

        I took a deep breath. "I'm in love with you. I've loved you for longer than even I can remember. I- I think I didn't know it. But I know it now. I want you. I want you forever, Riley. I want to be with you and I want us to get married. I want us to raise our baby together and love him and each other. I want to be the guy you look to when you need anything... I know this probably doesn't make much sense... But... I just need to know if you'd be willing to share your life with me. It doesn't have to be now," I told her. "I can wait however long you want."

        By now the tears were falling freely from her eyes and I reached out to wipe them away. But she flinched once my fingertips touched her skin. She didn't want me to touch her. She wasn't crying because she was happy. She was crying because she was sad.

        "Riley, what's wrong?" I asked, leaning over the table only for her to back away into her seat.

        She didn't answer, though. My heart raced faster and faster in my chest as I leaned back as well. She doesn't feel the same way.

        My phone began to ring at full blast but I ignored it, keeping it tucked in my pocket. I couldn't keep my eyes off of her, and I couldn't quit feeling so defeated. "You don't feel anything for me?"

        She bit her lip. "I do, it's just-"

        "Zayn!" Harry's voice broke out from the other end of the beach. He ran as fast as his feet would take him in our direction.

        I felt myself stand instantly as I saw the desperation in his eyes. "What happened?"

        "It's Louis. He's been in an accident," he said as he slowed to where we were.     

        Riley quickly stood from her seat as well. "Where is he? Is he okay?"

        "He's at the hospital. It's bad," he answered.

        I felt my heart sink to the bottom of my stomach and took Riley's hand in mine, leading her as fast as she could go to the car. After having closed her door, I hopped into the driver's seat and drove off, Harry's car not too far behind.

        I could feel Riley's stress from where I sat, her hand covering her eyes as she leaned into the door.

        I reached out for her left hand and took it in mine, squeezing tight. "Relax. You're hands are trembling."

        A broken sob escaped her lips. "What if he's not okay?"

        "He'll be okay, sweetheart. He's Louis. He probably just broke a leg or an arm," I told her, trying to keep her calm.

        But she still cried. I brought her hand up to my lips and kissed her knuckles. I could feel how tense she was. "Please just relax for me. You're stressing."

        She tried to calm her breathing. "What if he's not okay?" she repeated.

        "Then he'll be okay. He'll get better. I promise. Just don't freak out too much, love. It's not good for you. We don't need you in the hospital, too, do we?"

        She shook her head, my words sinking in.

        "Why don't you tilt the seat back and relax? The hospital is a good thirty minutes away."

        "No. I'm fine," she said, her voice still small from having been crying.

        As I stopped at a red light, I got a better look at her. I wrapped my arm around her to that my hand was at her right cheek. I pulled her to me and kissed the top of her head. "He's going to be fine. You'll see."

        But I didn't know whether I was telling her or myself.

I'm so excited that One Night With Zayn and Nine Months With His Baby hs gotten over 700 reads. I never expected nearly as much and I feel truly blessed to have such amazing readers. I love you guys.

I dedicated this chapter to misfit_me12 (you should go follow her because she's cool) and emily250 (you should go read her story Something Great) because they both seemed to be enjoying my story and I truly appreciate them for having read. I can't officially dedicate this chapter to both and I apologize for that. It's Wattpad's fault for not allowing more than one official dedication.

Lots of love,

~HayleyCT

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

70.6K 2.7K 42
**FINISHED! CURRENTLY FIXING ERRORS** Late night, guys night, some drinks, a boy named Louis Tomlinson thought that was the only thing that was gonna...
18.8K 518 21
Secrets have been kept for too long. Secrets that wont only change the life of two, but two million. Desperate to come out as who they really are , t...
184K 3.5K 30
It all started on a wild night when Brie Parker snuck out of home to go to the biggest party of the year. Shortly after the party she stumbled out dr...
22.4K 353 28
After coming back from summer camp Riley Johnson was having a the time of her life having the chance to meet a boy and fell in love with him. then ou...