โœ“ what we're made of โ”โ” newtยน

็”ฑ MAXMAYFIEHLDS

๏น™๐–๐‡๐€๐“ ๐–๐„'๐‘๐„ ๐Œ๐€๐ƒ๐„ ๐Ž๐…๏นšโ”โ” ' sometimes you need to run for the hills, before they burn. ' in which... ๆ›ดๅคš

WHAT WE'RE MADE OF
EPIGRAPH
01
02
03
04
05
06
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16

07

1.3K 53 54
็”ฑ MAXMAYFIEHLDS

THEA WOKE UP WITH HER HEAD LAYING NEAR NEWTS. It left her confused about why her head was laying there. Then, she realised why. athe memories came in a blur, but she could remember how her head fell onto his shoulder. A light blush creeped upon her pale cheeks as she realised what happened. Her heart ached a bit, it was thumping constantly against her chest.

"Hey, hey! Get out of here!" Thomas trashed around, trying to get the crow to fly away. He woke up mere seconds after Thea, or at least she hoped that he did. Thomas managed to wake all the others up, good job. Thea sat up slowly and let out a groan, it was still too early. Her cheeks were still burning up quite a bit, which she hoped no one would notice.

Out of the corner of her eye, she could see how Thomas stood up and looked around for a bit. "Are they gone?" interrogated Newt as he also sat up. "Yeah, i think we're safe for now." replied Thomas. "Okay, we should get moving. Let's pack it up. Aris come on. Fry, Winston. Let's go." Thomas decided it would be a good idea to start moving now.

Winston - who tried to get up - started groaning in pain. His injuries took a toll on him. "Hey man. You okay?" asked Frypan soothingly as he held his hand for Winston to take. Thea knew he wasn't okay, the day before was brutal, especially for him. It saddened her to see someone who she considered a friend getting hurt.

The blond girl stood up and walked towards her fellow glenner. "Are you alright Thea?" he inquired as he looked at Thea. A look of concern flashed upon his face. "Yeah, i'm fine you stick." she chuckled quietly while letting a smile graze her lips. "Okay, if there is anything. Tell me." ordered Aris, he cared for his friend a lot.

She turned to him, "Thank you Aris." even if she was sad, she wasn't too keen on showing her emotions now. Winston should be the priority now, not her. Both of them followed the rest of the group as they marched up the little hill. Now, they came face to face with sunlight. The view was beautiful. Many high buildings were piled near one another.

The buildings were old looking and broken, it looked like nobody had been there for ages. And then there was sand, much sand. Street lamps were laying on the ground, some still stood. Rubble and concrete were laying upon the buildings as they were covered in sand. It gave Thea a sad vibe, it looked so lost.

The group made their way through the streets of the quiet city. Thea could imagine how people once lived there, how it was filled with life once. She could remember the projections they had seen after they had escaped the maze. All these images showing fire and death. How the world was slowly teared into pieces. People died, the flare spread. WICKED was the hope.

She felt like she trusted them at one point, they seemed so trustworthy once, but they weren't. All they did was put teenagers through some kind of torture. Sometimes Thea wondered how her life would have been without being put into the maze. Would she be happier? It was not something she should focus on now, maybe one day she could be perfectly happy.

Those thoughts took her mind of the burning sun, her skin felt like it was cooking. That's what Janson meant with that the elements would take them down, they were literally burning in the scorch. It was unbearable, now she really prefered the glen. The wandered and wandered in the hot sun in quiet. Thea wanted to talk to Aris but she wasn't sure about what they should talk about.

"What the hell happened to this place?" Frypan's voice destroyed the silence as he seeked for an answer. "I don't know." replied Newt truthfully. The group looked around as they walked past destroyed buildings. "It doesn't look like anyone's been here in a long-time."

"I hope the whole world's not like this." spoke Aris with hope. It would be really bad if the whole world would be like that. "Yeah, I hope that the whole world isn't burned up. That would be really bad." agreed Thea. She wasn't too keen on seeing such a world.

"Whoa, whoa, hang on, stop." ordered Thomas making all of them turn around and look at him confused. He just stood there, not moving, "Do you hear that?" they looked around until Thea, too, stopped moving. "Yeah..." she muttered as she heard a sound coming closer. It sounded mechanical. Her eyes widened as she realised what was nearing, some kind of aircraft.

It seemed like Thomas realised the same thing as he shouted "Get down!" towards the group, warning them. "Everybody, Hide! Hide! Hide!" he pushed them in panic. The group twisted and turned in chaos, trying to find a hiding spot. "Get in here!" they all hid underneath concrete. The sound of an aircraft coming closer neared them slowly but surely.

It's noise was now as loud as ever meaning that they were above them. Then, Thea saw it. Three big aircraft flying across the sky, making much noise. She knew they were from WICKED sent out to find all of them. "Oh, shit." commented Newt as he also saw them. He crouched down right beside Thea as he also gazed at them.

Luckily, the group wasn't seen as the aircraft flew over them. "They're never gonna stop looking for us, are they?" debated Minho. The clear answer was no, but Thea still wondered what Thomas' answer would be. But the latter simply didn't answer. It was time to move again.

They walked over hills and dunes. They made their way through the scorch. The sun was burning as strong as ever but they needed to continue, they needed to get away from WICKED. On one of the rougher hills Thomas questioned, "Everyone good?" as they climbed. "I think so." yelled Thea back, she at least hoped that everyone was okay.

She still had poor Winston on her mind, he was still injured. As the former glanced back, she saw the latter struggling. Thea turned around and went towards Winston - who was breathing heavily by now - and helped him up. "Thank you." he muttered gratefully. Teresa, who was behind Winston smiled lightly at the blond, as if she was silently thanking her.

The rest of the way Thea was beside Teresa and behind Winston, just to make sure. She could see that sometimes Aris would glance at her, as if he was checking that she was still okay. The sun bothered her as it continued to shine into her face, blinding her sometimes. At one point, they made it to a big dune which they climbed with many problems confronting them.

Even with problems, they still managed to climb it. As Thea reached the top, she felt successful and proud of herself, she made it up to the top. "Those mountains, that's gotta be it. That's where we're going." Thomas pointed to outlines of several mountains, their destination.

"That's a long way off." spoke Newt as he gazed at the mountains, he was right. It would take them some time to get there. Thea glanced at Winston, who was panting heavily as he tried to keep himself steady. "Then we better get moving." just as Thomas spoke his last word, Winston fell down.

"Winston!" exclaimed Thea as she tried to hold the boy, but she failed. "Winston! Hey, Winston!" they all scrambled to the boy as Thomas shook him, trying to get any sign of life from the latter. Winston gasped as he held his throat. "Winston! Winston!" was multiple times exclaimed as he tried to catch his breath.

"He's hurt pretty bad." pointed Thomas out. Yet again, Thea felt like she wanted to slap Thomas, again. "No dip Sherlock." though Thea as she rolled her eyes at the brunette. "What do we do?" interrogatted Teresa as she looked at her fellow glade member worriedly. "Shit." mumbled Thomas as he stood up quietly.

Thea's gaze followed the latter as he moved, she was curious of his actions. "Winston. Can you hear me? It's okay." Newt tried to calm the boy down as he gasped. "Hey Winston, it's gonna be okay. Alright?" implied Thea quietly, she tried to cheer up the boy for a bit. In her opinion, he didn't deserve it, he seemed nice and was a great friend, even if she had only known him for a short amount of time.

The group knew that Winston couldn't walk anymore, that's why they decided to carry him on a stretcher which they build themselves. Minho and Thomas dragged winston through the sand of the scorch, over the hills of the dunes. "Hang in there Winston." it was something simple Minho said, but Thea knew it wouldn't be true.

The group had to act fast because now they had a life to save. They had a friend to save. It was time to help Winston.

-----

Poor Winston. Thea's sarcastic again but well, still her I guess. I feel like this chapter was kind of forced? What did you think? It's pretty badly written, out of some reason I wanted to finish it but I had no motivation at all, but the ideas were there. But I hope you enjoyed it anyway.

็นผ็บŒ้–ฑ่ฎ€

You'll Also Like

10.4K 414 15
๏น™๐’๐„๐๐ƒ๐ˆ๐๐† ๐Ž๐”๐“ ๐…๐‹๐€๐‘๐„๐’๏นšโ”โ” ' did you see the flares, in the sky? ' in which the group has to fight for their lifes, the life of others a...
Lost Little Brother TMRxTW ็”ฑ readytorun00

ๅŒไบบๅฐ่ชช

21.2K 320 22
Thomas is Stiles' older brother he was kidnapped 9 years ago the same time Claudia Stilinski died. Now he Newt and Minho are back. Once getting back...
Serendipity || Newt TMR || Book 1 ็”ฑ โ˜ฝ

ๅŒไบบๅฐ่ชช

182K 4K 31
Everything in the Glade changed when a girl came up in the box, but instead of complying, she ran. Ran as fast as she could... Little did she know th...
46.5K 1.2K 25
She is part of the second Maze or better known as group 'B'. And WICKED has ruined her life. After she got out of the maze, she thinks it's finally o...