His Afrodite ✔ | #Diverselit

Galing kay _kpopsicle_

Jasmine Walker goes to Auburndale High alongside her two ethnic best friends. She thinks she might get throu... Higit pa

I
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX

II

12.9K 428 219
Galing kay _kpopsicle_

 The game was over. The Raiders won, as expected. Nalia started texting me, stating that she was about to leave with Quinn.

Everyone was exiting from the bleachers and going away to their desired destination.

 Apparently Nalia got the approval from mom to go to to her 'sleepover'.

She also mentioned that she was bringing me along just so mom could say yes. And she got what she wanted.

 I stood behind the bleachers, exactly where everyone was walking around. I gripped my phone in my hands, looking around. Damn, these girls can be so quick sometimes. 

 Elisha and Yuri disappeared when the game ended. I was guessing Elisha was somewhere sucking on her boyfriends' face. Yuri was a question mark. I was hoping i'd see her.

 And just like that, my wishes came true.

Yuri was walking around somewhere, but she was nearby. "Yuri!" I called. Her head snapped in my direction. Then she immediately started coming towards me.

"Hey Jas." She smiled.

 "Is it alright if I sleepover at your house?" I ask when she gets close enough.

 Yuri winced, "Ooo sorry Jas, but me and my family has to attend a funeral tomorrow morning." She explained.

 My eyebrows raised, "Oh no, what happened?" 

 "Oh it's not- It's my mom's work friends' uncle. We're attending out of courtesy. So unless you wanna be in a death scene with a bunch of asians.." Yuri shrugged.

 I shook my head, "It's just a funeral, i'll be fine." 

 "We won't be home for the majority of the day. After the funeral we're visiting my grandparents. You know we always visit my grandparents on weekends." She said.

 I sighed and nodded, "Yeah you right.." I mumbled, looking away.

 "You can ask Elisha. I'm sure she's free this weekend." Yuri told me.

"Where is Elisha?" I furrow my eyebrows. Yuri shrugged.

 I sighed again. Just great. 

 Then I saw my mom coming towards me from the crowds. "Jasmine?" My mom saw me. "Hey mom." I respond

 "Where's Quinn? I thought you was going with her?" She asked.

"Oh right i'm looking for her now." I held up my phone with myself and Nalia's texts shown on the screen.

 "Well your dad and I are about to go. But I need to make sure you two stay together. See where she at." My mom said as she stood next to me.

 I lowered my head and began texting Nalia again. My mom and Yuri struck up a conversation.

It basically consisted of what she's doing in life and hows it going.

Y'know, the natural parent-to-daughters best friend conversation.

 Nalia had soon explained her location through text. I started walking where she was, passing students I recognized along the way. Soon I found Nalia, in the parking lot, standing next to Quinn's car. 

 She saw me and came towards me.

 "What momma said?" Nalia asked. I shook my head, "She wants to make sure we're together." I answer.

 "What about you? Did one of your friends say you could sleep over?" 

 "Yuri's out, I need to ask Elisha." I looked away. "Well hurry up cause we're about to leave." Nalia used her thumb to point at the SUV behind her.

 I decided to call Elisha. I dialed her number, standing there. It rung about 5 times until she answered. "Hello?"

 "Elisha where the actual frick are you?!" I shout a bit, relieved though that I finally got a hold of her.

 "I'm on the football field, why?" She asked.

 I sighed, "Look, I need to sleepover by you is that okay?" 

 "Oh i'm not going to be home. You know me and my familia is celebrating Día de Muertos tomorrow." 

 "I didn't know that!" 

 Elisha laughed, "Yup." 

 I sighed in disappointment. "Alright." I hung up the call. Nalia happened to be nearby, "What'd she say?" 

 "I guess...i'm coming with you." I pout. Nalia smiled, "Don't worry, it's not that bad." Nalia tried to comfort me. I folded my arms.

 The last thing I wanted to do was be at some senior party where i'm the only junior. Just a perfect way to get made fun of by some seniors. But at the same time, I wondered what a senior party was like.

*

 It took like almost forever for us to leave. When we were getting ready to go, the majority of everyone at the game had left already, and it seemed like we were the last left.

Minus some staff and other people. It wasn't just me, Nalia, and Quinn. No. They just had to bring over a dozen girls and guys.

 Quinn thankfully drove an SUV, so I sat way in the back, cringing at the loud and crazy seniors. Nalia sat in passengers and a bunch of guys and girls, who sat on those guys laps, were in the backseats. 

 I watched as they yelled and filmed each other. The music from the aux was so loud it felt like my ears were bleeding.

I had no idea how someone could listen to trap music this loud. Even more so how they could listen to it everyday, over and over.

Trapheads man..

 The windows were down and i'm pretty sure Quinn was speeding.

 I was praying that the lord won't let these crazy people kill me.

 But we had made it to her house. And to my surprise, her house party had already started. She had a two story that seemed obviously bigger than mine.

I could see the lights inside and hear the music blasting.

 Quinn had lazily parked in her yard and we had all got out. I was last of course.

 Now, as soon as I stepped through her front door, whatever I was expecting was all the way wrong. I mean, I was right, but this was all the way intense. Sure, I expected things to be crazy, like in the movies. 

 But geez. As soon as you walk in a hurl of smoke invades your nose and all you could smell is the gross mix of cigarettes and vape. 

 Smoke was all you could see, it clouded the air and it was obvious multiple people were juuling. Drunk seniors were dancing around and yelling. Girls were shaking their butts on guys and guys were making out with a few girls.

 It seemed like they'd do it right then and there.

 My eyes were a bit wide and my mouth frowned. Nalia seemed to ignore everything and hugged her friends from afar. 

 Well damn Nalia, at least help me out here. 

 I stood close to her, but she didn't seem to mind me as she was talking it up with her friends. My arms were folded as I awkwardly looked around at the drunk and high seniors around me.

 I tried to follow Nalia wherever she went just so I won't be alone, but it seemed like she couldn't stay in one place.

She was always going somewhere with her friends and I looked like a little puppy following her around everywhere. But where else was I supposed to go?

 The last thing I want, at least, was not to run in to some senior guy who thinks i'm older than I am.

 Nalia had went somewhere and I lost her.

So I did what I always do when I have nothing to do at parties. Find the food.

 I went to the kitchen. I had to dodge this group of friends chugging each others throats with beer and alcohol. I was incredibly uncomfortable. I opened the fridge and it was filled with nothing but it. 

 Looking on the floor I found a cooler. I opened it up and there were still alcohol. But looking around more, I found a can of sprite. I hoped it wasn't spiked. 

 I opened it and didn't hesitate to drink. So now I stood there. Awkwardly drinking sprite and standing in the kitchen next to chugging seniors. Gosh is this where my life has come to?

Nalia was somewhere with her friends and I was standing alone in this crazy blackhole of weed and lean.

 I decided to walk around. Standing won't do me any good. I thought if I traveled around no one would notice me. Quinn's house would be nicer if it wasn't so messy from these seniors. 10 times better if the music wasn't so loud. 

 I didn't want to go to the backyard. That's where most of the guys were, so I decided to stay inside.

I went up the stairs but mid-way I chickened out. I already heard the pleasure of senior girls halfway there.

 I did not want to experience that.

 Sheesh after this party i'll likely be traumatized. I'll be afraid to go to parties, i'd even go to therapy about it.

"When I was 16 years old, I went to this senior party with my sister, and I never went back."

 So I found myself in the main room again. This party seemed to go on for so long. 

 A sudden commotion caught my attention. Dudes with deep voices were laughing together in the corner there. Red cups in their hands.

Then I saw it. My eyes sparkled in recognition. 

 Dallas.
Standing next to one of the deep voice dudes with a red cup in his hand. He looked no different from me. Looking around not saying anything. Observing everyone. He looked like he was staying close to someone. He wasn't too far away from me.

 "Dallas?!" I was shocked he was here. 

 He looked at me.

Then he tapped his friend or whatever and mumbled something to him. When that was over; he began walking towards me. 

 "What are you doing here?" I ask, my can of sprite still in my hand. 

 "I've got the same question for you. You don't seem like you go to senior parties."
He smiled at me with a suspicious look. 

 "You obviously don't look it either." I retorted. He stared at me for a second. Then he nodded,

 "Touché." 

 I laughed.

"Who are you here with?" He asked.

I shrugged a shoulder, "My sister Nalia. I had no other choice but to tag along to this senior party. You?" 

 "Just my cousin's friend. I had no other choice, same as you." He sighed. 

 I smiled, "Cool. Hey are we the only juniors here?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

 "Looks like it." He nodded. I looked down at his red cup, "Well then I hope what you got in there mister is water."

 He laughed, "Nono Derek wouldn't let me drink if his life depended on it, don't worry." He shook his head. 
I had guessed Derek was his cousin's friend.

 "Yeah okay eyebrows." I look away. 

 He nudged me in the shoulder and caught my attention again. "Wanna go outside? This music is so loud." He cringed. I nodded, "Okay."

 All he needed was my nod so i'm not sure if he caught my last word there. He just turned around and headed for the door. I followed. We went in the front, since no one was in the front yard.

 Dallas kept looking back at me to make sure I was following him. Oh don't worry, he should know he's much better than standing alone at this party.

 When we got through, I quicjly realized that it was refreshing to finally get some nice cool and clean air. I immediately shut the door behind me. We stood on Quinn's front porch. Dallas took a sip of his drink.

 He wore jeans with a leather jacket over his white shirt. His hair was that bad boy kind of hairstyle. His side profile was nice, I guess. His nose was almost perfectly curved and his jawline was sharp as always. 

 Now I see why this boy is so wild. It's not just him, but the girls have a pass for going crazy for him.

 To me, he just seemed like someone to hang out with at the moment.

 "Geez. I'm never having a party like this next year. If someone brings a single bag of weed at my party I swear i'm going to throw them off my roof."
Dallas stared ahead as he complained.

 I laughed, "Planning parties already? You sure are quick, eyebrows." I took a sip of my sprite.

 "If I had a party, would you come?" He looked at me. 

 "Mmm, not by my choice. I'm not really a party type." I look at him. We had eye contact. It had lasted for a second until he looked away saying, "Too bad. But everytime when we win varsity, i'm going to throw a party. It'd be pretty huge." He nodded.

 "Hm, are you sure your parents would abide by that?" I asked.

 Dallas smiled.

 I nodded, "Oh I forgot. White parents let you do everything huh? Gosh y'all so spoiled." I shook my head. 

 He laughed at me, "Nah. I mean- My parents aren't the strict type. They don't like some of the things I do. Especially with girls. My mom says it's 'unhealthy' or whatever that means." 

 "Well my parents are definitely strict."

 "So strict they let you go to a senior party?" He quicked an eyebrow at me.

 "Um, they don't know i'm at a senior party. To them, this is a sleepover and i'm with my sister Nalia."
I explain with a grin.

 Dallas nodded, "Really? Cause to my parents, this is a harmless night at the bowling alley and i'm just hanging out with my cousin and his friends."
He said.

 We stared at each other. Then I laughed, "So I guess we're both hiding things from our parents."

 "Seems so." He did a little head tilt.

 We stood there for a second, enjoying our drinks. I watched him, and he watched a few cars pass by.

 "Hey so back to the parent thing. You said they don't like the things you do with girls.."

 "Mhm."

 "..why do you do that?" I furrowed my eyebrows in focus. 

 Dallas sighed and straightened his back,
"Well, it's not that I don't care for my girlfriends. I care alot. I spend tons of time with them. I always try to make them feel special and stuff. I'm not all bad.."

He seemed like he was talking more to himself than me.

 "Yeah well you and your 'relationships' seems to only last about 2 days." I say.

 Dallas chuckled, "Shut up." He shook his head. "Hello?" I raised my eyebrows at him as he laughed.

 "I don't know they just get..boring." He shrugged and stared ahead. 

 "Sure you're not gay?" I joked.

 Dallas glared at me, "Don't ever ask me shit like that ever again." He shook his head as I laughed. "Might be a possibility you need to consider." I say.

Dallas scoffed and lazily rolled his eyes.

 "Whatever J- Ja-..." Dallas had his eyebrows furrowed hard. Then he snapped his eyes towards me,
"What's your name again?"

 I gasped, "You don't even know my name?" I was actually offended. Dallas gave me a blank look and shrugged.

 "You little-"

 "I'll just call you big ears." He sighed and looked away.

 My jaw dropped as I felt my ears. I raised a fist, "Hey you wanna get punched?"

 "What? You call me eyebrows. We're even now, big ears." He smirked at me. My fist was still closed and I was ready to swing. But I lowered my weapon.

 I glared at him as I took another sip of my sprite. He chuckled at me. He's such a boy. Ugh.

 "Whatever. Anyway, are you still talking to Cece?" I calm down a bit and relax.

 "Why would I still talk to my ex?" He looked at me and creased his eyebrows.
"Better now than when you get a new girlfriend." I shrugged a shoulder.

He stared at me for a second, then faced forward again, 

 "No. She's annoying." His mood seemed to degrade.

 "Awh. Blondes' got you down?" I fake pouted. He glared at me, "Why do you want to know?"

 "Cause. All you've been dating were blondes. I was thinking maybe they were your type but.." I watched him.

 "They are my type. I have to have blonde with blue eyes. That's why that new girl Ally is my new target. Don't tell anyone though." He smirked.

 I clicked my tongue, "Who the hell would be interested in your love life? Chill." 

 "Alot of girls actually. And since you've been asking, you as well." He smirked at me directly.

 "Caring and curiosity don't hold the same company."

 "They do for me, big ears." He quickly retorted with a smile.

 I snarled at him and rolled my eyes. He just laughed at the sight. "Besides.." He began, "..everyone in school knows who's dating and who's messing around. I happen to be very good at both." He pointed to himself.

 We had eye contact. He pointed at me, "But you, big ears, are really bad at it." 

 "How?" I tilt my head. "You never once dated your whole junior year. And i'm starting to think your whole life." 

 I slightly gasped, triggered. "Um excuse me but some people don't have time for dating and thinks education is much more important than wasting it for some guy." 

 Dallas coughed, "Cugh- Nerd- cugh cugh." He faked his coughing. 

 I hit him in the shoulder and laughed. He laughed as well. 

 Then a presence, that we hadn't noticed earlier appeared in front of us. It was a middle aged woman. Her black hair tied in a ponytail and she was wearing sleeping clothes. She was in the lawn and she started walking towards us. 

 She didn't look like one of the seniors of course. More like she was in her 2nd year of college.

 "Hey uhm.." She started, her voice matching her face.

 Me and Dallas looked at her almost simultaneously.

"..i'm the next door neighbor. I'm just asking if you guys could turn the music down a bit?" She asked, pointing to the house behind us.

 "Oh this isn't our party." I spoke up, shaking my head.
"Yeah the real owner is in there." Dallas pointed behind him with his thumb.

 "Oh okay i'll just talk to the owner then." The woman took some steps towards the entrance. 

 "You do not wanna go in there," Dallas stops her in her tracks. He looked up at her, "I don't advise it." He continued.
"Why, are they wild?" The woman scoffed. 

 "Okay....okay...go take a look if you want." Dallas responded. 

 She gave us a look before passing by and going into the house party. She had shut the door behind her. Me and Dallas stood there,

"She's not coming out of there." I mumbled. "Nope." Dallas shook his head.

 We both took a sip from our drinks at the same time.

_

  Hello my cowards and welcome to the 76th hunger games im your host author-nim and today is the publishing of the 2nd chapter.

we have met Dallas now let the games begin.

(also i am not a koreaboo thats just what my readers call me sometimes)

track of the day · LAUV- I like me better

(headass song ik but it fits okay😭)

k bye luv u

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

171K 2.2K 6
Jasmine tries to get the attention of her longtime crush and popular football player Desmond, while outside forces try to stand in her way. ---- Jasm...
407K 23.3K 43
Spirited, Londoner Natalia ends up in small town, Texas when she signs up for a year long exchange programme for teachers. Finding herself a Black B...
23.2K 928 29
Sarah lives a casual life. She does well in school, she has a decent amount of friends, and she lives with her mom but keeps contact with her dad. On...
20K 608 32
Six years have passed and no word to each other. Still 4,000 miles away. Still deadly in love with each other. Since the departure, Imani has proceed...