Why the Straight One? | Book...

By -leavemetodream-

Why the Straight One? Or, my struggle with being gay and married to a totally straight prince. Yeah, you gu... More

Character Aesthetics
Entry 1 - Unrequited Love
Entry 2 - That Letter
Entry 3 - Elliot
Entry 4 - Brothers
Entry 5 - Alan
Entry 6 - First "Date"
Entry 7 - Skittles
Entry 8 - Humor is Essential
Entry 9 - Just Imagine This Working if I Was As Boring As Him
Entry 10 - Your Typical Wedding Night
Entry 11 - More Than Meets the Eye
Entry 12 - It Can't All Be Fun and Games
Entry 13 - Traitors and Cheats
Entry 14 - Strange Night and Stranger Morning
Entry 15 - Way to Make Things Awkward
Entry 16 - Making Plans and Eaves Dropping
Entry 17 - Confusing Emotions
Entry 18 - Harsh Greetings and Strange Confrontation
Entry 19 - "So You're Basically An Idiot."
Entry 20 - "Next Time I'll Just Slap You."
Entry 21 - The Day Before
Entry 22 - Vows and Shots
Entry 23 - "Leave Me Here To Die."
Entry 24 - "You Sound Like My Dad!"
Entry 25 - Unexpected Discoveries
Entry 26 - "You're So Goddamn Confusing!"
Entry 27 - "Will I Be Scarred For Life?"
Entry 28 - Let's Just Say That This Didn't Go As Planned
Entry 29 - No Reason To Stay
Entry 30 - "Stop Laughing At Me!"
Entry 31 - "Are You Blackmailing Me?"
Entry 32 - Should've Gotten His Number
Entry 33 - Impeccable Timing
Entry 35 - It's A Bet
Excerpt 1
Entry 36 - Go Find Your Man
Entry 37 - I Never Did Get That Information
Entry 38 - A Step Forward
Entry 39 - "And the Top Is..."
Entry 40 - Just Like A Couple
Entry 41 - Home For Christmas
Entry 42 - Separate Rooms
Entry 43 - I Ship It
Entry 44 - Patience and I Don't Get Along
Excerpt 2
Excerpt 3
Excerpt 4
Entry 45 - Flares
Entry 46 - Feelings Get Involved
Entry 47 - I Don't Always Do the Smartest Things
Excerpt 5
Character Q and A: Answers
Entry 48 - Silence
Excerpt 6
Entry 49 - Raymond's Narrative
Excerpt 7
Entry 50 - A Whole New Side
Entry 51 - Of Elliot
Entry 52 - Old Promises and Angry Outbursts
Excerpt 8
Excerpt 9
Epilogue
Important Announcement!

Entry 34 - Just In Case

23K 1.3K 1K
By -leavemetodream-

The door closed behind what I had thought were my friends, and absolute silence filled the room.

"No what was that you were saying?"

I turned my attention from the door to Thomas, was was standing a few feet away from it. He was leaning against the wall, and staring at me so intently that I started to feel slightly nervous.

"I wasn't talking about now. It's a long story."

"Oh I heard it. But here's the thing. Maybe I'm old fashioned or something, but to me, when you say that you are working on a relationship with someone, you usually try and just kiss that person."

His voice was hard, the same look from the restaurant, coming into his eyes. Somehow we were standing much closer now, but I hadn't moved an inch.

"Yeah, I agree." I breathed out, suddenly finding it very hard to answer with how close he was standing. His dark eyes were staring directing into my eyes, face inches from mine.

"And yet you think you can kiss whoever you want. Seems like a bit of a contradiction there, Alex." He titled his head to the side, still looking me in the eyes. I looked down at his lips, and tried to concentrate on what he was saying, but I was finding that extremely difficult with just how close our lips were.

"I just—"

"Maybe you just need help clearing this up." Suddenly his hands were on my hips, pulling me closer to him so that our bodies were pressed together. He leaned closer, his hot breath hitting my neck as he whispered the next words into my ear.

"I'm your husband, so you won't need to kiss anyone else."

Then his lips were on mine. I didn't even put up a fight for control. It was obvious that he was the one in charge, and I was totally fine with that. His grip tightened on my hip, and I gasped in surprise, mouth parting slightly. His tongue slipped into my mouth in that brief moment in time, deepening the kiss as he began to step forward, his hands helping to guide me backwards.

My back hit the wall, and only then did he let go of my hips. One hand running up my chest, the other moving to my neck, tilting my head up slightly to account for our difference in height.

My hands were on his back, motionless up until now, but as his tongue moved against mine, they began to have a kind of their own. I brought one hand up to the back of his neck, my other hand slipped under his suit jacket to run across his back. I cursed inwardly at the dress shirt that kept me from touching the bare skin of his back.

And still he hadn't broken the kiss. I needed air, but had no room to pull back with how closely I was pressed to the wall. I tugged at the hair on the back of his neck, making him gasp in surprise, and giving myself the chance to breath.

But instead of continuing the kiss, his lips left mine and my eyes fluttered open. I didn't have a chance to figure out what he was doing, because his lips were suddenly kissing along my jaw. I clutched his back desperately as he trailed kisses across my jaw and began to kiss down my neck.

His pressed his hands on the wall on either side of my head as he continued to kiss my neck. When he reached the point where my neck and shoulder met, I gasped, angling my head to give him more access.

"T-Thomas." I moaned as his teeth met my neck, sucking and biting in a way that I knew would leave a huge mark. One hand came down from the wall to stroke my cheek softly in contrast to the fierceness of his mouth against my neck.

And suddenly his mouth was gone. The air felt cold against my burning neck. My vision was hazy as I opened my eyes and tried to focus on him.

"There now. I think we are both on the same page. And that's just in case you suffer a lapse of memory again." His finger trailed across my neck gently.

I don't think I could have responded even if I wanted to. I was rendered completely speechless and out of breath. He bent down and just barely brushed my swollen lips with his, and then he had pulled away completely and walked away towards our bedroom.

I missed the feeling of his body against mine as soon as he was gone, but I was glad for the minute to get my breathing under control. To get my body under control. I don't know if I've ever been kissed like that in my life, and I was finding myself incredibly turned on.

But he had walked away, and so obviously this wasn't going any further. I tried to think of something else, something boring and maybe even disgusting to try and reduce the tightness of my dress pants.

All that came to mind was his deep voice in my ear. The feeling of his lips on mine. The hot heavy kisses he trailed down my jaw and neck...

Nope. That definitely wasn't helping.

I hit the wall in frustration. Why on earth had he turned me on like that only to walk away from me? I wasn't ready for that kind of contact after more than six months of nothing.

"Hey, you gonna stay out there all night, or get changed out of your suit?" His incredibly calm voice called out from our room.

"I'll be there in just a minute."

When I finally found myself sufficiently calm to be in the same room as him again, I joined him in our bedroom. He was already changed into a T-shirt and sweats, and was in the middle of taking off his watch that he had worn today.

He turned at the sound of my footstep, and grinned at me. I was surprised to see just the slightest bit of sheepishness in the way he was watching me. It was almost like he wasn't quite sure exactly what had just happened in there. Believe me, he wasn't the only one.

I could tell things were about to get awkward. I could just feel it in the air. Before they could though, he spoke.

"I set out some sweats and a shirt in the bathroom for you. I wasn't sure how long you'd need out there." He looked like he was barely holding back a grin, and I glared at him.

"Asshole." He laughed, and although it was slightly embarrassing, he had somehow managed to keep things from getting awkward.

"I can't really take that glare seriously with how cute and flustered you look right now."

I was so shocked by the sudden compliment that I found myself rooted to the spot, cheeks burning an even deeper red then the excitement of the kiss had caused. So much was happening in such a short time that my brain was having trouble processing it all. Thomas was being so completely un-Thomas.

He was being so...so......gay.

"The clothes are in the bathroom." He reminded me softly when I didn't move.

Finally my feet remembered how to work, and I managed to walk the few feet that separated me from the quiet solitude of the bathroom. I changed quickly, not wanting to miss a moment that Thomas might be behaving this way. With the sudden change that had come over him, who knew how long it would last.

I opened the door after I had changed, and began brushing my teeth. I felt more than I heard him walk up behind me. Glancing in the mirror, I saw him leaning against the door frame just looking at me.

"What?" I asked around my toothbrush, and he smiled, stepping closer and wrapping his arms around me.

"Just admiring something I left on your neck." I looked in the mirror and for the first time saw just what he had done.

Just above my collarbone, in probably the most obvious and easily seen place ever was a massive hickey. Not for the first time that night, I found myself blushing a deep shade of red. Thomas just chuckled, and kissed my neck swiftly before letting go of me completely.

"It just seemed like your wedding ring wasn't an obvious enough sign that you belonged to someone else. Maybe that will help let everyone know that you are mine."

"W-what?" I spit out my toothpaste, and rinsed my mouth quickly so I could turn around to talk to him again.

"Mine? My husband. You know, like, the person I married for the rest of my life."

"What happened to you?" I whispered in surprise, and now it was his turn to blush ever so slightly.

"I just don't share very well. I think I told you that a long time ago. I don't share anything well, especially my husband."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

531K 13.4K 53
When two lovers' best friends meet for the first time... lots of feelings can rise. Attraction, confusion, lust... love? Will they be able to overcom...
3.9K 207 15
This is a complicated yet beautiful love story between two persons who belong to entirely different family backgrounds... Zhan Yao belongs to a very...
15.4K 723 11
| ManxMan | - Historical Fiction - Strong SEXUAL Content | Tossed aside for his sexual preferences, a young lord is abandoned by his family. But, he...
986 160 27
Joby Carson compartmentalizes the things in his life. In one box is his career as hotel manager for Peachtree and Kings; a high-end hotel owned by ol...