NB: The Search (BoyxBoy)

By TheSomberBison

When a cute new boy moves into town, life finally starts to get a little interesting for Aaron Hart. When an... More

Chapter 1: Enter New Kid
Chapter 2: Friends
Chapter 3: Partners
Chapter 4: Destiny
Chapter 5: Do You Still Believe in God?
Chapter 6: Just In the Neighbourhood
Chapter 7: Knowledge is Power
Chapter 8: The Date
Chapter 9: A Light in the Darkness
Chapter 10: The Demonstration
Chapter 11: Maggie's Own Chapter
Chapter 12: Trying to Feel
Chapter 13: In Bed
Chapter 14: The Morning After
Chapter 15: A Common Cause
Chapter 16: Beyond Distraction
Chapter 17: Alone
Chapter 18: Where Angels Dwell
Chapter 19: Legion
Chapter 20: Enemies Revealed
Chapter 21: Gladius Dei
Chapter 22: The Truth About Nick
Chapter 23: The Light and Day
Chapter 24: The Sin of Existence
Chapter 25: Back to School
Chapter 27: Tears of an Angel
Chapter 28: The Hostage
Chapter 29: All My Sins Remembered
Preview 1: Rise of the Dark Lord
Chapter 30: Where Do We Go From Here?
Chapter 31: Fall Before the Light
Chapter 32: Can We Ever Go Back?
Preview 2: Of Death and Destiny
Chapter 33: In the Wake of Tragedy
Chapter 34: Grim Brothers
Chapter 35: It's Not Over
Chapter 36: ETA to HQ
Chapter 37: Watching from the Wings
Preview 3
Chapter 38: Being Better
Chapter 39: The Unthinkable

Chapter 26: My Fault

432 30 8
By TheSomberBison

 5 minutes until someone dies.

Damien and my guardian stand rigid, preparing for the worst.  There must be something we can do.  We can’t just let someone die.  They prepared for this.  They must have a plan to stop Legion.

I watch the clock.  Time keeps passing.  Four minutes until people start dying.

Hidden at the edges of the room, everyone is quiet.  The girl sitting beside me is sobbing.  She’s trying not to make noise, but I can tell.  I can’t see everyone, but I know she isn’t the only one crying.

 Everyone is scared.  Scared for themselves.  Scared for their friends.  Scared that something terrible is about to happen.

 It’s all my fault.  People are going to die because of me.

 I’m not innocent.  Ignoring all the terrible things I did in my past life, I killed someone in this life.  I killed the boy.  I don’t want another life to be lost because of me.

 I want to surrender.  If someone has to die, it should be me.  I’m a murderer.  I should be punished.

 I stand up.

 “What are you doing?” Day asks.

 “I have to go,” I say.

 “Sit down, Aaron,” Day says.

 “Do you have a plan?  Can you stop them from hurting anyone?”  Day’s silence is an answer.  Officer Paige and the demon look down, ashamed at their shortfall.  They didn’t think Legion would be this bold, or this violent.  They can’t stop it.  But I can’t let this happen.

“I have to go,” I say.  Damien has other ideas though.  “Sit down,” he says again.  This time, I’m forced to the ground.  I can’t stand up or even move.  I’m paralyzed, trapped in my own body while the unthinkable happens.  I struggle, but I can’t break free.  All I can do is I watch as the clock ticks down. 

 Three minutes.  Two minutes.  One minute.

 I start to tear up.  I want to cry out.  This isn’t fair.  This shouldn’t be happening.  It’s all my fault.

Just as the five minutes pass, a gunshot rings out throughout the school.  My head burns as a psychic scream runs through me, absolute agony followed by the chill of nothingness.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 74 13
(**UNDER EDITING**) Ben just moved to a new town. He soon realizes that he's new classmates are harsh. He is labeled as an outcast and everyone ignor...
631 46 11
Two boys become close and develop a friendship as they deal with their family issues, bullying, and sexuality.
484 4 13
This is the story of a young man in high school named Aaron. He has demons in his past, and in is future, voices and thoughts that scare and entice h...
133K 4.9K 46
All Noah wants to do is finish high school without any problems. Until a problem arrives in the form of the new kid, Aaron. Noah begins to fall for...