RWBY: The Dragon's Rose

By c12376

Y/n and Jack,your best friend,were doing their regular school day,until both of you felt something off from a... More

RWBY Vol.1 Prologue
Rwby Vol.1 Part 1
Rwby Vol.1 Part 2
Rwby Vol.1 Part 3
Rwby Vol.1 Part 4
Rwby Vol.1 Part 5
Rwby Vol.2 Part 1
Rwby Vol.2 Part 2
Rwby Vol.2 Part 3
Rwby Vol.2 Part 4
Rwby Vol.2 Part 5
Rwby Vol. 3 Part 1
?̵̧̛̣̘͈͙̗̤̓̓̄̀̾̽̏̆́̽͝?̴͓̩̤̞̺̙̗̃?̸̡͍̭̻͕̪̳̩̦̗͊̍̌̉͝
Rwby Vol.3 Part 2
Rwby Vol.3 Part 3
Rwby Vol.4 Part 1
Rwby Vol.4 Part 2
Rwby Vol.4 Part 3
...?
Rwby Vol.5 Part 1
Rwby Vol. 5 Part 2
Rwby Vol. 5 Part 3
Character Short: Y/n
RWBY Vol.6 Part 2
Rwby Vol.6 Part 3
Rwby Vol.6 Part 4
RWBY Vol. 7 Part 1
RWBY Vol. 7 Part 2
RWBY Vol. 7 Part 3
RWBY Vol.7 Part 4
RWBY Vol.7 Part 5
Rwby Vol. 7 Part 6
RWBY Vol. 8 Part 1
RWBY Vol. 8 Part 2
Rwby Vol. 8 Part 3
Rwby Vol. 8 Part 4
Rwby Vol. 8 Part 5
Rwby Vol. 8 Part 6
Rwby Vol. 8 Part 7
Rwby Vol.8 Part 8
Rwby Vol. 8 Part 9
Explanation
Rwby Vol. 8 Part 10
Rwby Vol. 8 Part 11
RWBY Vol. 8 Part 12
Rwby Vol. 8 Part 13
Rwby Vol. 8 Part 14

Rwby Vol.6 Part 1

883 3 13
By c12376

IM BACK! AND IM BETTER THAN EVER! (self-slap) ahem,anyways,im back to writing more chapters,but there will be delays as to how I want to end a chapter,or if I want to give any cliffhangers. ANYWAY,ENOUGH OF MY BLABBERING,LET THE CHAPTER COMMENCE!

--Your POV--

A manticore descended to get closer to the train,but Yang shoot a hole in the manticore's wing,causing it to fall unto the train and into Ruby's scythe.

Ruby:Ya! (she poses with her scythe behind her back) Got him,now who's next?

I saw another manticore going to attack the distracted Ruby,so I grew my wings and plunged both of my swords into its neck,then decapitating it,and landed next to Ruby with a pose.

Ruby:Woah! | Y/n:You can thank me later.

I spin Gemini around my hands and shot two more manticores. Blake look at my eyes and I knew the signal,so I threw her into the air and Weiss made a glyph to make her stop in mid-air.

Blake:Incoming!

She threw her whip around the manticore's throat and pulled back,forcing it to expose its belly,to which Yang took the opportunity to punch through the Grimm.

Yang:*to Blake* Good to see you're not rusty.

I check Ruby's location and see she's having trouble with this particular manticore,and I dashed towards its back and planted both of my scythe-blades into its spine,to which I split apart while jumping high into the sky.

Ruby:Than-WATCH OUT!

I looked behind me and see a manticore preparing to bite me,I grew my wings and embedded my swords to its jaws,preventing it to bite me. I then shoot a round into its gullet and gently landed back to Ruby's side.

Ruby:You can thank me later. | Y/nWhat if I say thank you now? | Nora:Why is it always something!? | Y/n:Keep them toward the back!

Jack teleported next to me with his Aries in hand.

Jack:Everyone's at the front. | Y/n:Good. (we both nod then grinned) | Jack/Y/n:Let's dance!

Me and Jack started to shoot the incoming manticores,with me using my long-range shot gun shells,and Jack using his ever-so-accurate sniper-like shots.

Oscar:TUNNEL!!!

We all look back and indeed see a tunnel coming.

Ruby/Y/n:GO!

Everybody quickly went back inside.

--1 Hour Ago--

Qrow:It's been two weeks since the attack on Haven,the official report states that the plot to destroy Mistral's CCT tower was thwarted by Ghira Belladonna and the Faunus militia group from Menagerie. Two huntsmen and some students coincidentally visiting the headmaster were also able to lend some assistance. Unfortunately,Leonardo Lionheart lost his life while trying to defends his school,and those responsible for organizing the attack managed to escape. As I'm sure you can guess,there's a lot more to this report than I'm willing to say in this letter,but for now,what I'm trying to say is that we're on our way to Atlas,James. There's a good chance we'll get there before this letter does,but in case we don't I need you to know that we're bringing a lot more than bad news with us.                                                                                                                                                                                      See you soon,                                                                                                                          Qrow

Ruby suddenly bumps into Qrow as he sends a letter to Irondi-

Ironwood

Qrow:Hey,what's with the running? | Ruby:*excited* What's with the standing! It's almost time!

--Your POV--

While we're waiting for Ruby--oh there she is--uh Qrow and Blake. Me,Jack,Niko,and Will are double checking our list of things we need to bring.

Will:Toothpaste? | You:Yea. | Niko:Clothing? | Jack:'course. | You:Ammo? | Will:You guys should have personal bags,right? | Niko:Yup. | Jack:Weapons?

Everyone pats their holstered weapons,and we all nod.

Nora:You guys do this all the time? | Will:Most of the time. | Ren:Well,its one way to make sure your ready to travel. | Niko:You got that right.

Yang:And? | Ruby:*excited*Ahh! (she lift up a gift bag) | Weiss:What an absolute waste of time-- | Yang:What did you get me? | Ruby:*tease* You'll have to wait and see~ (she stick her tongue out) | Yang:No fair!

Yang tried to get the gift bag,but Ruby was able to moved out of the way,not by her own,but by Nora shoving both Yang and Ruby.

Nora:Oh,I cant believe we're taking the train to Argus! The beautiful northern coastline. (she's breaking physics again) You think it's too early for beach season? | Ren:Unfortunately,but we will be one step closer to Atlas.

Weiss:Well,I'm glad you're all excited,but I don't think you appreciate the trouble me and William went through to leave Atlas. | Ruby:I know you're worried Weiss,but trust us. Team RWBY won't leave your side for a second! I promise. (they both genuinely smile)

I smile as well how Ruby cares so much for her friends.

???:No one's gotta be worried with us around.

Everybody stares,until I broke the ice.

You:Who the fu-

You:Uh,'scuse me,who are you?

???:Why Dee and Dudley of course,the Argus Limited's very own Huntsmen. We'll be keeping everyone safe as we pass through Grimm territory. | Dudley:But for a generous tip,we can make sure your passenger car gets extra special attention,should things get dangerous.

We all just dead-panned at them,knowing they are complete fools in their job already.

William:Yeah,I got a tip for you. (he walks up in front of them) Buzz off. | Qrow:Looks like Mistral's really scraping the bottom of the barrel these days. (Ruby and Yang started to make faces and poses to tick them off) | Dee:Hey,you're talking to a-- | William:To two professional Huntsmen,right,right. (He and Qrow showed both of their licenses) | You:Well,it seems like one of you "heroes" left what look like the staff entrance to the caboose wide open,it'd be a real shame to lose your job before it even started. | Dudley:I didn't do it! | Dee:*groans* Come on,dummy. (they walked away) Can't believe we've been beaten by a kid.

A let out a small wheeze-like chuckle

William:Nice tag team. | Qrow:Yea,I like the cherry on top,Y/n. | You:Heh,that was nothing. | Oscar:You know,sometimes the burden of saving the world feels overwhelming,but then people like that came along and make me grateful that it's our job and not theirs.

Everyone agrees.

Qrow:So,you kids ready to go? Bike all loaded up? | Yang:Yep! (Ruby puts her arms up excitedly) | Qrow:*telepathy* You guys hiding your eyes? | You/William/Jack/Niko:*telepathy* Yea | Weiss:Just waiting on Blake,as usual.

As we wait a couple more minutes,(with Yang and Ruby fighting over the gift bag) Blake comes back as the train arrives. Me,William and Jack were able to carry most of everyone's bags to their passenger carts.

You:*scottish accent* A'ri'y,everyone go' their bags in their respective places,right? | Niko:*foreign language* iak. | Jack:*duck sound?* | You:*scottish accent* Good,ju' gonna go check on Ruby. | William:*Turkish accent* Alrighty,be safe.

I went to Ruby's room,which is a door away from our's,and when I did,I see Blake and Yang staring at each other.

You:Totally breaking a touching moment here,please don't mind me. | Ruby:Oh,hey Y/n! You wanna play too? | You:Well,if you want me to kick your butts,sure.

Suddenly a large thud was felt,making me stumble a little bit.

Blake:What was that? | Weiss:Exactly what it sounds like. | Blake:Just my luck. | Qrow:It's not yours,get your weapons!

I ran back to my room

You:Guys! Grab your weapons,Grimm are attacking the train! | Niko:That would explain the large thud! | Jack:Niko,you and I escort the passengers to the front while you guys distract it at the back. | William:Good idea,Y/n and I will help the others,lets go!

We all climb to the top of the train and see a herd of manticores with a sphinx that seems to be their leader. Dee and Dudley were already there before us and were surrounded by the herd.

I look behind me and see RWBY with their weapons ready,I look towards and see Dee is gone. The Sphinx roars as a sign of intimidation.

Yang:What's the plan,Ruby? | Ruby:Dont let anyone else die!

--Jack's POV--

Jack:Everyone! Move to the front! Grimm are attacking,we have two teams of Huntresses and Huntsmen dealing with the Grimm,go to the front of the train so we can ensure of your safety! | Jaune:What's going on? | Niko:Exactly what you're hearing.

--Your POV--

The manticore quickly spotted us and began to surround us as well. I block a manticore's paw and shoot,effectively tearing it's paw apart. I then heard some metal clanking and used my wings to see whats happening to the train,and flew to the side of the train. I think Dudley activated the train's defensive systems. Turrets rose from the tops of each passenger cart and began shooting at the Grimm

The Sphinx roared again and it seems the manticores began focusing on the turrets.

Qrow:Hey! What are you doing? | Nora:Why is it always something?

I see Oscar running toward Dudley,but on his way there,he got shoved off by a manticore. I rushed toward him using my wings and grabbed him by the hand,then I let him land near Dudley.

Oscar:Thanks!

I see a manticore that was going to attack Ruby,so I grew my wings and went full speed,just to protect her. I heard Oscar yell "TUNNEL!!!"

--Currently--

After we went back inside,we rushed to Dudley with a fractured arm.

Qrow:I said,turn those damn things off. | Dudley:Those things are keeping us alive! | Qrow:Us,sure,but they're putting the passengers in danger. | Dudley:I'm the one they hired for this job,okay!? I'm in charge here! | You:*growls* Qrow!

Qrow looked back and seemed to be shocked at my outburst.

You:*calms down* Please,just shut off the turrets. | Ruby:Trust us,we know what we're doing.

Ruby looks at me,telling me to heal him. I nodded at put a temporary healing rune on his injured arm. He widened his eyes at me,and I simply glared at him.

Dudley:*looks away* Fine.

Nora:Ren,could you use your Semblance to mask everyone on this train? With the guns off and emotions hidden,they might lose track of us! | Ren:*hums* I've never attempted to affect this many people. | Ruby:Well,you've never had Jaune's help before. | You:*widens eyes* He can amplify your aura,in turn it can amplify your aura. | William:Yeah,that's an alright plan. | Nora:Don't be so worried Ren,you can totally do this! | Ospin:I̵'̶m̷ ̵a̸f̵r̴a̷i̸d̸ ̴t̴h̵e̶r̵e̸'̷s̵ ̸o̶n̵e̵ ̴c̵o̷m̵p̶l̷i̸c̶a̴t̵i̶o̷n̴,Grimm are also attracted to this. (mentioning the artifact of knowledge) | Dudley:What's-- | William:None of your business. | Qrow:Oz,are you serious? | Yang:Why wouldn't you tell us that? | Ozpin:I-- | Ruby: It doesn't matter right now,every second we're on board this train,we're putting everyone else in danger. (To Ren)> Get the passengers to the front cars,you'll still mask the emotions and kill the turrets. We just can't come with you. | William:Me and Jack will come with them. | You:Fine with me. | Ruby:Okay,if we cut the back cars with us and the relic on them,we can deal with the Grimm. You just make sure the rest of the train makes it safely to Argus.

Jaune walks up to Ruby,while William does the same to me.

Jaune:*to Ruby* Only if you'll promise you'll meet us there. | Ruby:Promise.

William:Hey,promise me that to stay safe,and keep a level head. | You:Dont worry,I always have. | William:*chuckles,then we fist bump* See you soon,kiddo. | You:You too,bro.

Everyone soon went into action,Jaune and the others ordered to move everyone to the front,I got outside and AT Sudaruska and cut our side of the passenger car. As I looked up,I saw a version of me,but with blood all over. Without control,I blinked again and see that IT'S gone.

You:Shit...not good.

I jumped back up and see the Grimm is starting to catch us up,and in no time,the sphinx is back on top of the train.

Niko caught up to me as well and we both nodded. She notched her bow while I spin Gemini between my hands. A manticore landed in front of us and swung its claw at us,I simply blocked its attack and pulled the trigger,effectively making a deep cut within its paw. I aimed at the Grimm's head and shoot again.

???:Ÿ̴̹́e̸̫̓ș̷̆.̷̥͌.̵̬͒.̴̗́b̶̯̀è̵̼ç̸͂o̷̠̒m̵̠̐ȅ̴̙ ̵̠̚ť̸̨h̸̙̐e̶̯̍ ̵̔͜r̴̯̈ḙ̶͐à̴̱ĺ̶̯ ̴̠͠y̷͍̓ò̷̖ṵ̸̄ | You:*growls* NO!

I felt Niko hugged behind me,but the flaps of the manticore drew my attention. So I quickly turned around and shoot the Grimm that was about to hurt Niko.

You:Let's hurry back to Ruby. | Niko:Yea,please stay in control. | You:I will.

We ran to Ruby's side and see that we're going to fight the sphinx.

Ruby:We need to ground it! | You:Got it! Niko? | Niko:*le gasp* Yes!

I flew over the sphinx as I sheath Gemini,as I land,I charge some of my power into my hands while Niko is doing the same. We both threw our hands into the air,but strings of our aura appeared,and we both pulled hard as strings start to wrap around the sphinx as it screeches. Weiss appeared in front of the sphinx and froze its wings,which was immediately destroyed by Ruby and Qrow. They entered into a stance while the sphinx seem to be gargling something in it's throat. Qrow and Ruby both fired and started to spin in ridiculous speeds and was able to cut the grimm's neck. As it does though,it seem to charge a fireball,and as it's body was disintegrating,it was going to hit the train tracks. So I quickly flew to everyone was and deployed a shield bubble on everyone as well,while Weiss was able to keep everyone on the train as it crashes.

--Later--

All I can hear is a bit of ringing in my ears as I slowly pull my self up.

You:*groan* | Qrow:Is everyone okay? | Weiss:I'm fine. | Yang:Yeah. | ???:Still alive!

Everyone looked to the source of the elderly voice,and it seem that an old woman somehow bypassed William.

Old Woman:That sure was a close one,huh?

--Few days ago--

As we were packing our stuff to leave for Atlas,Ruby and the others are downstairs while for the past few days. I'm starting to drift off and stare at a random direction every now and then,which is happening right now.

I shook my head and headed to the living room.

Ruby:We need to take the relic to Atlas? | Qrow:Uh huh,that was Oz said. (Qrow and Ruby then realized something) | William:....You've got to be joking. | Nora:I mean in the bright side,we finally get out of this house. | Qrow:Well trust me,I'm not crazy about it either,and without the Spring Maiden here to seal the relic back in its vault,it's our best option. | You:Hm,Atlas may be the safest kingdom we have at the moment,but their borders are closed. | William:Yea,Gen. Ironwood called everyone back. | Qrow:Eh,not everyone. The city of Argus is a ways north of us and it's the primary trading port between Anima and Solitas. They've got the largest Atlas military base outside of the kingdom. There's no way they'd leave it abandoned,AND,if we play our cards right,I think there's a good chance we could convince them to escort us straight to Ironwood. | Blake:*butts in* I mean,we do have the missing Heiress to the Schnee Dust Company and one of his Specialists

Weiss:Ex-heiress actually. | Yang:True,true,but if there's a chance of reward money,I say we go for it. (she winks while Weiss scoffs) | Ospin:Hopefully the first option will suffice. | Qrow:Glad to see you're feeling better. | Ozpin:Likewise,and while I'm sure we could all use more time to recover,I'm afraid time if of the essence. | Blake:Right,as long as that thing's out in the open,it's power could fall into the wrong hands. | You:Speaking of,what does it do exactly? My guess it would answer whatever questions you ask? | Ozpin:Sharp as ever,Y/n. It has a very powerful,yet very dangerous ability,you ask a question,and the lamp will provide an answer.

Everyone awes in amazement.

Ozpin:Indeed,however it's not without drawbacks. The lamp cannot tell you of events that have yet to happen,and it will only ever answer three questions every 100 years. | Yang:Well,I guess that's not so bad,adds a lot of pressure though. | Nora:Then let's put it to a vote! (speeds to Ruby) What should we ask first? (speeds to Qrow as he immediately spits out coffee) OH! (speeds to the lamp) Can we ask for more questions? CAN WE ASK FOR MORE QUESTIONS?! | You:*large wheeze laugh* It's not a genie,Nora. (continue wheeze laughing) | Ozpin:*chuckles* I'm afraid you won't be able to ask it anything at the moment. The questions were used before I sealed it away. | Ruby:Well,at least now we know what it is,and we'll be sure to keep it safe.

--Currently--

Yang:Great,this is just great. We're standed. (she tries to free bumblebee out of the snow) We lost a third of our party. (she tries again) And we have gained a defenseless old lady. (she finally got bumblebee out of the snow,but she also fell back to the snow,only to be embedded in more snow as it falls sideways)

Maria:My name is Maria Calavera,and I am not defenseless. I'm just a little hard of hearing and blind without my eyes,that are in desperate need of repair. Okay,I'm starting to see your point.

Qrow:*groans* Yang,knock it off,will ya? If we lose our cool now,we'll just be inviting even more Grimm. | Blake:Does that even matter? Apparently we've been attracting Grimm since we left Haven. | Yang:Oh and how could I forget about that? What happened to no more lies and half-truths? | Oscar:Yeah,I think it's time we got an explanation. | Ozpin:I did not lie to you. | Weiss:Well you certainly didn't tell us everything about the relic.

Ozpin:Please,now is not the time. | Yang:No,we're past that. I wanna know why you're still not telling us everything. | Ozpin:It is true that the Grimm are attacted to the relics,it's faint,but undeniable. I believe it has to do with its origin,but I'm not entirely sure. Regardless,I feared that making you all aware would only add anxiety and negativity. It seemed like the safe option. | You:Key word,seemed,you only choose what's best for us,but im sure that everyone here has dealt with heavy stuff that nobody else might not know. | Yang:Is that why you chose to lie to everyone about Lionheart too?

Ozpin:Yes,as a matter of fact,I believed the Kindom of Mistral deserved better than the truth,and I believed Leonardo deserved to be remembered for his lifetime of service,and not the unfortunate missteps he made in his final years. | Yang:Missteps? | Ozpin:What Prof. Lionheart did was reprehensible,I am not here to argue differently,but does one lapse in judgement truly negate all of his good? Do we not all have regrets? You may have met Prof. Lionheart,but you never met the man he was before Salem found him.

Yang:Look,we're 'spose to be in this together,you can trust us. We're not gonna turn our backs on you. | Ozpin:Do you really think Leo was the first!? .....That he didn't say those exact same words to me? I'm sorry,but you have to understand that my behaviors are backed by experience. I'm not saying that I have reason to think you will betray me,I'm saying that I have reasons for the things I do,the secrets I keep. The reason I...Where's the relic? | Ruby:Right here,it got scattered in the crash. | Ozpin:Please,hand it over. | You:Dont,Ruby. | Ruby:So all those times you talked about having faith in humanity,that was just for everyone else? | Ozpin:*sighs* That's not what I meant to suggest. Miss Rose,the relic is a powerful item and I simply feel as though it is my burden to bear. | Niko:But you said it couldn't do anything right now. | You:Why does it matter who carries it? | Ozpin:*angrily walks forward* I need you to listen to m-- | Qrow:...Oz? | Oscar:*struggling* Hurry,he's trying to stop you. | You:From what? | Oscar:He's afraid...you'll find out what he's...hiding. (he falls to his knees) Her name is Jinn,say her name to summon her. | Ruby:Her name?

Ruby looks at me while I was beside her,I gave her a determined nod.

Ruby:Jinn?

A powerful aura was immediately felt,and the snow stopped in place.

Qrow:What?

Ruby lets go of the relic and it started to let out a blue dust-like fog,it grew larger and more of its fog start coming out. Then a large,blue skinned egyptian like woman appeared as the fog became a transparent dress.

???:*stretches* Mhmm,wonderful. Tell me,what knowledge do you seek? I am Jinn,a being created by the God of Light to aid humanity in its pursuit of knowledge. I've been graced with the ability to answer three questions every 100 years. You're in luck,as I am still able to answer-- | Oscar:That's enough! | Jinn:--two questions this era.

Everyone stares in SILENCE

Jinn:*chuckles* It's a pleasure to see you again old man,AND an honor to see another Draconazha in the flesh. | You:Um,nice to see you too,wa--. | Jinn:Where's the Lunarium? | You:He's on the way to Argus. | Jinn:Ah,right,that battle on top of the train was a spectacle,especially with your nifty aura string trick. | You:Glad you did.

Ozpin:Ruby,please...Dont. | Qrow:Hey.

Without warning,my body instinctively aim at Qrow as he was shocked yet again,I feel myself losing control.

--Ruby's POV-- 

What? Why is Y/n...?

Niko:*telepathy* Grab his shoulder,please!

I was shocked when Niko shouted in my head,but I quickly do so and see Y/n's head whipped to look at me,and his eyes. His hazel eyes that the man I fell in love with has a deep red outer ring,rather than his original black outer ring. He immediately shook his head and looked around in confusion.

Y/n:I'm... | Qrow:Do whatever you think is right kiddo. | Y/n:I'm sorry,I don't know what came over me. (I lower my weapon) | Ruby:It's alright,I'll give you time to explain. Jinn? (I face toward her as she raises her eyebrow) What is Ozpin hiding from us? | Ozpin:NO!!!

Ozpin immediately charges in front of my as I saw Y/n was about to grab his throat,but then everything became white as far as my eye can see,and I cant find anyone.

Ruby:Wha-- What? Y/n? Yang? Weiss?

--No POV--

Yang:Blake?

Weiss:Ruby? Ruby?

Blake:Yang? Niko?

Much to their dismay,their voices were only echoes in the seemingly endless dimension,but,Jinn started to tell a tale,the tale of the girl in the tower,but this time the full story. With her being the God of this dimension,she uses the blue fog to build the world as she speaks,currently,a long empty field of grass,and a pathway to a large castle with the tower as it's tallest building.

Jinn:Once upon a time,there stood a lonely tower,that sheltered a lonely girl.

Then,Jinned removed the world and build the world back again,this time,were inside of the tower,with a pale-blond haired girl that was styling it. (I tried to make sense,but I didn't  T^T)

Jinn:Named,Salem.

Collectively,everyone in the dimension has widened eyes,as this woman known as their enemy seemed to be in good hands at first,but what made her turn?

Jinn:Locked away by her cruel father,Salem was a girl who desired but one thing: freedom. She lived in a time when kings and their kingdoms were plentiful,when men and women were capable of greatness an magic was a gift from the gods that all could wield,an era when the Draconazhas and Lunariums walked the face of earth with the god's creation. And yet,there she sat within her tower

Jinn once again erased the world and built it again,this time back to the endless green field with mountains far from the castle. And there stood a man with a green cape,clad in light armor,with a staff that has a green gem to which this man is holding.

Jinn:Until one day,a legendary hero came to brave the challenges within the tower's walls. The people of the land knew him as Ozma.

You:Ozma??? Ozpin!?

Jinn:Unlike those who had come before,this warrior is not driven by prize of the young maiden's hand. He only fight for righteousness,and his pure heart and courageous soul prevailed.

A scene was built before them,as Ozma was fighting many opponents before he finally reached the Tower.

Jinn:They escaped the wretched fortress,and yet,something bound them together. Ozma had been ready to give his life for justice countless times,but now saw a woman worth saving it for. And Salem,to her surprise,found her freedom not in the outside world she has yearned for,but in the eyes of the man that saved her.

Salem:So,where should we go now? | Ozma:Wherever you'd like.

Jinn:The two fell deeply in love,planned adventures around the world,and lived happily ever after,or at least that's what should've been.

Jinn then recreates the world and let us see that Salem is crying while Ozma lays in bed,dying.

 Jinn:Ozma,the infallible hero of legend,fell ill. And where all of the beasts and blades of the world had fallen short,a single sickness prevailed.

Salem:How could the gods let this happen?

Jinn:The gods,brothers of light and darkness,creation and destruction. Salem prayed they should see the injustice that had befallen her love and make things right.

The world disappears into a fog of blue,and reappears into what seemed to be a land sacred to a god,the god of light.

Jinn:The Domain of Light was a sacred place,it was here where the elder brother dwelled beside his fountain of life and creation with the tribe of Draconazhas. Though,it was here where mankind would fall to ruin.

Salem approaches the fountain of life and creation,to which a large tree stood near the edge farthest from her as the tribe watched her inquisitively. The said tree's leaves started to fly on their own,making a circle in the fountain to which the god of light has risen from,and began walking toward Salem.

Salem:*weakly* Please,please bring him back to me. | God of Light:I understand your pain,but you demand of me that I cannot make so. Life and death are part of a delicate balance. | Salem:So,you won't do it then? | God of Light:To disrupt the cycle of-- | Salem:But that's not fair,that's not FAIR! | God of Light:*stern* Let him rest.

The Alpha of the Draconazha tribe teleported Salem back to the start of the steps with a flurry of yellow leaves. But then Salem has a hatred in her heart,and focused on bringing Ozma back,no matter what. Jinn changed the scene yet again,this time the atmosphere is darker,with evil speaking no matter where you look at,the land of the god of darkness.

Jinn:The god of darkness...none dared to enter his home as men knew what monstrosities emerged from his blackened pool of annihilation,and though the tribe of Lunariums dwelled here,they were much kinder than the atmosphere around them. And so you must understand the Dark Lord's surprise when he found a lone woman kneeling before him,especially the Lunariums as they watched her with worry and concern.

The Dark Lord emerged from his pool,his body form moving drastically as you can hear the non-existent bones cracking and breaking as he walks toward Salem. 

Jinn:Salem understood it well,she told him of the loss and professed that she knew only he could answer her prayers,all while careful not to mention of his elder.

God of Darkness:Rise,child,and let your faith in me be rewarded.

The god of darkness opened the dimension of souls and manifested Ozma's body back to the land of the living.

Ozma:*loud gasp* (panicking) Where am I? What is this?! | Salem:It's okay,hey,everything's going to be okay.

A large thunder was heard as a powerful,yet calm presence has appeared on the steps of the land of destruction.

God of Light:What have you done? | God of Darkness:I have done what I please,brother. You may bask in the powers of creation,but you do not own them. | God of Light:This is not creation. | God of Darkness:Do not lecture me! | God of Light:I will do what I must to maintain order.

The god of light stretched his hand toward Ozma,and send him back to the dimension of souls.

Salem:No,no! What did you do!? Bring him back!

God of Darkness:You dare enter my domain and show such disrespect!

The god of darkness drew Ozma back from the dimension of souls to the land of the living once again.

God of Light:I am abiding by the rules we agreed upon. | God of Darkness:Rules that I now see are ever in your favor,and yet,the day a mortal comes to pray at my feet before your own,so do you arrive to lay your judgment upon me?

As the god of darkness was speaking,he transformed into his true form,a large purple dragon with an immense aura of death that can be felt for miles. The Grimm,on their own,attacked the god of light,but I bright flash of light enveloped in a blink of an eye,and every possible grimm around the area was disintegrated into dust,only the Lunariums remained.

God of Light:I know we have our differences,but I have not come here with the aim to control you. The same,however,cannot be said for her. This woman came to you only after I denied her pleas,pleas that would have disrupted the balance that you and I created. Together. | God of Darkness:Then it seems I owe you an apology,allow me to correct my mistake

Salem:No!

The god of darkness commanded the Alpha of the Lunarium tribe to smite Ozma. The Alpha then summoned a large pillar of blue fire,leaving Salem without a scratch while Ozma was obliterated.

Salem:You...you monsters! Give him back to me,give him back!

Salem charges a lighting-based spell,but she froze as she realize that the god of light was charging toward her. Before he could reach her,everything turned black,and the world appeared immediately as Salem fell from the sky,and into the fountain of life and creation. It seemed that she drowned,the god of light teleported her again,this time,floating upon the fountain to which she fell from before.

God of Light:When you first came to me,I did pity you,but it's clear now that your selfishness and arrogance has lead you astray. | Salem:What did you do to me? | God of Light:I have made you immortal. | Salem:Immortal? | God of Darkness:You cannot die,you cannot be with your beloved. | God of Light/Darkness:So long as this world turns,you shall walks its face. | God of Light:You must learn the importance of life and death,only then,you may rest.

Jinn:Salem was a prisoner once again,her fruitless attempts to reunite with Ozma eventually become nothing more than acts of spite and defiance against the gods.

A shadow of Salem tried to stab herself,everyone shows a face of shock,except for Y/n,for he only showed the face of e̵̹̣͐̔m̴͙̺͗̊p̸͕̍̍ͅẗ̸̹̘y̶̦̆ͅn̸̼̪͒̈́e̶̼͊s̴̺̓̌s̵͓͎̏̾.

Jinn:But perhaps the gods weren't as powerful as they seemed. She had lied to them,turned them against one another,they were fallible. If she were to turn humanity against life and darkness,she could rid of herself of their curse,or at the very least...she could make them suffer.

Salem then threw the sword to what seemed towards everyone's direction,they all reacted on instinct to defend themselves,but Y/n's mind was fast enough to try and grab the sword,only to be fruitless as the scene changed again and it turned to blue fog.

Jinn:Salem traveled from one kingdom to another,telling tales of how she stole immortality from the gods,welcomed any swordsman to cut her down and demonstrate her powers. With the kings and queens in awe,she pulled them deeper into her scheme. She painted them pictures of a time when they could no longer have to watch their loved ones wither and die,when they could claim the powers of their creators for themselves,and in turn,perfect their own design.

Jinn:All they needed to do was destroy their old masters. The gods had hoped that Salem would learn from her eternal curse,and she did. She learned that the hearts of men are easily swayed.

The god of light and darkness both appeared in their true forms within the Domain of Light with the Lunariums and Draconazhas,in which hundreds of people has been gathered by Salem to try to make them suffer.

God of Light:Who has led you down this path?

Salem walks forward,letting herself known to the gods.

God of Darkness:You...

The god of darkness roared toward Salem,but she didn't falter,instead she immediately attacks,to which the army of archers and mages started to bombard with their arrows and magic,but,it was all in vain. As the god of darkness simply channeled all into a compact ball of destruction.

God of Darkness:My own gift to them...used against me...

The god of darkness crushed the ball of destruction and a large purple column surrounded the land of the living within seconds,destroying any and all lifeforms within it,but the tribes survived,specially Salem

Salem:*weakly* No...no... | God of Darkness:You thought there was no greater punishment we could bestow upon you? | Salem:I'll come back...I'll tell the rest of the world of this massacre,build a new army. | God of Darkness:You do not understand,there is no one left. You are all that remains of humanity within this dimension. | God of Light:This planet was a beautiful experiment,but it is merely a remnant of what it once was,we will learn from this failure. I hope that you will learn from yours.

He leaves with the Draconazha behind him at top speeds in their full form,scales covering their entire body except their faces. Eyes turning reptilian,nails turning into sharp claws,their various dragon-like ears grew,horns grew on top of their heads, and sharpened teeth with forked tongues.

Salem:No,you cant leave...You cant leave! Come back! | God of Darkness:Still demanding things of your creators.

The Lunariums were riding on the god of darkness in their full forms as well. They had fur covering every part of their body,except for their face,as it grew in muscle tone. Larger ears and a more sensitive nose with sharpened teeth and tongues with small sharpened spines. The god of darkness blasted of within a purple fireball into the unknown. Whether on purpose or on accident,he broke through the moon of the land of the living,causing it's signature fractured moon.

Jinn:Once again,Salem was alone. She cursed the gods,she cursed the universe,she cursed everything,everything but herself. She wandered the face of the planet,awaiting a death that would never come,until fate led her back to the land of darkness. This was it,this had to be it,the brother's Grimm,the pools of black that continued to give rise to horrific nightmares. If the fountain of life gave her immortality,then surely,the pools of Grimm will finally take it away...she was wrong.

Jinn:This force of pure destruction could not destroy a being of infinite life,instead,it created a being of infinite life with a desire of pure destruction. And in time,she would fine her adversary.

Jinn changes the scene yet again,and this time we see Ozma floating in endless white while a powerful,yet calm aura watches him wake up. Ozma looks around,confused.

God of Light:Ozma... (Ozma turned around and see the god of light) | Ozma:Where...am I? | God of Light:We are between realms,I'm afraid a...tragedy has befallen your home at the hands of my brother. We have chosen to depart this world with our brothers and sisters,but in our absence,I would like to offer you the chance to return to it. | Ozma:I...don't understand.

God of Light:Mankind is no more,yet your world remains,and in time,your kind will grow to walks its face once again. However,without our presence,they will be but a fraction of what they once were. Creation,destruction,choice and knowledge were the ideals which humanity has made. Now,I leave them behind with the hope that you will learn to remake yourselves. If brought together,these four relics will summon my brother and I back to your world,and humanity will be judged. If your kind has learned to live in harmony with one another and set their differences,then we shall once again live among you,with both of the legendary tribes,and humanity will be made whole again. But if your kind is unchanged,if you demand our blessings while still fighting amongst yourselves,then man will be found irredeemable and your world will be wiped from existence. Until your task is complete,you will reincarnate,but in a manner that ensures you are never alone,if it may seem so,I will send a single Draconazha and Lunarium to help your task.

Ozma:I'm sorry,but that world just isn't dear to me without her. If I may,I'd rather return to the afterlife to see Salem. | God of Light:You will not find her there. | Ozma:You mean she isn't gone? | God of Light:Salem lives,but the woman you hold dear in your memories is gone. Heed this warning...where you seek comfort,you will only find pain. So,will you-- | Ozma:I'll do it. | God of Light:*slightly surprised first,then relaxes* Very well,our creation rest in your hands.

Jinn:And so Ozma was reborn...

Jinn then shows a scene of a village on fire,and a man in front of us that looked similarly to Ozma.

Ozma:*telepathy* Where am I!?

The man that Ozma was in looked to his left and see a man being attacked by a beowolf,with a powerful swipe,the beowolf knocked the man to the ground,dropping his sword as well. Ozma,without knowing,took control and with a couple of swings and a thrust to the Grimm's heart,he saved the injured man.

???:Thank you,please,tell me your name. Who are you?

Ozma finally came to his senses and threw away the sword,he didn't know who he was.

Jinn:Ozma has found himself in a world completely unfamiliar to him,cities looked different,creatures known as the Faunus wore fang and claws and were locked away in cages. And without the blessing of the gods,no one could perform magic like mankind was once capable of. No one but himself and a woman known as...the witch. During his years of travel,he heard the same frightened whispers that spoke of a terrifying sorceress who commanded dark powers in the wilds among the beasts and monsters. Ozma was convinced that this witch was Salem and he decided he needed to see what she had become.

The door opened from an old house and it revealed Salem,first looked angry to the visitor,but soon turn to a face of surprise as she saw Ozma,even though it wasn't his body.

Jinn:Call it magic or call it something stronger,but in that moment,the two exactly knew who it was that stood before them.

Ozma:What do we do now? | Salem:Whatever we like.

Jinn:As Salem and Ozma recounted the events which had brought them back together,each withheld their parts of their story. Salem,fearing Ozma would reject her,blamed the end of the world on the gods. Ozma,still unsure of where the truth lay,kept his task and the relics a secret. Though time passed and all seemed well,Ozma's conversation with the god of light still lingered in his mind. He had found happiness,but humanity seemed more divided than ever before.

Salem:Are you surprised? This world is literally godless. These humans have to one to guide them,perhaps that's all they need. | Ozma:What are you saying? | Salem:We could become the gods of this world,our powers surpass all others,our souls transcend death. We can mold these lands into whatever we want,what you want,create the paradise that the old gods could not.

Jinn:The hearts of men...are easily swayed.

A scene was made before us as a nevermore was attacking a village,but it was cut short as Salem used her powers and broke every single bone withing the Grimm,then it turns to dust. Then both Ozma and Salem floated in mid-air,practically telling the villagers that they are "gods" that have come to live among them.

Jinn:The two amassed the following. That following grew into a prosperous kingdom,and at the head of the kingdom blossomed...a family. 

Jinn created a small,royalty graded living space as Salem and Ozma watched their children play. Later,Salem was watching through a magic ball as a war plays within it.

Ozma:Are we sure this is right? | Salem:You said we needed to bring humanity together,in order to do that,we have to spread our word and destroy those who will deny it.

Ozma silenced himself as he looked at the window,then,his reflection moved,saying.

Ozma's reflection:What are we doing?

Ozma was clearly surprised by this,but this very moment reminded him of his old self,the hero that once had a pure heart,and the one who had a courageous soul.

Ozma:This isn't what he asked of me. | Salem:What did you say?

The immediate sound of a door opening was heard,and their oldest daughter,Winter (dont know actual name,deal with it),came in,excited about her recent discovery.

Winter:Mother,Father,look!

Winter moved her hands,and the gift from the god of darkness appeared in front of them,magic.

Jinn:It was a miracle,their children could perform magic,but what should have been a joyous occasion was short lived. Ozma told Salem everything,the true reason the god of light had brought him back,the relics that lay scattered around the world and the day of judgment he had been told to prepare for.

Salem:Don't you see? None of that matters anymore,why spend our lives trying to redeem these humans when we can replace them with what they could never be?

A scene then folds before us a Ozma was trying to get away from Salem,but it proved to be a failure as Salem already saw them the moment they left their bedroom. In anger,Salem shot first with her magic and Ozma retaliated. Long story short,Ozma didn't have the kind of immortality Salem have,as he was crawling with blood coming out of his wound. Salem flipped Ozma over and stepped on him with her heels.

Salem:We finally had freedom... | Ozma:I...

Salem didn't let him speak another word as she disintegrated him to ashes.

Jinn:Thus began a long and painful cycle of death and rebirth for Ozma,some lives were spent in mourning. Many were spent trying to forget it all,but no matter what,his mind would eventually turn back to the task he had been burdened with. And as the centuries went on,Ozma began to learn the importance of living with the souls which he had been paired with. But no matter where or how he lived,her presence was always felt. If humanity were ever to stand a chance of being united,one thing was clear.

Everyone:He had to destroy Salem. | Y/n:*whispers* But how,she is immortal.

Jinn:Knowing he could never rid the world of her through any mortal means,Ozma sought out the power of the relics. Armed with knowledge,he believed he could fulfill his promise to the god of light

Ozma:Where are the other relics.

Jinn:He asked me his questions.

Ozma:What power do they possess.

Jinn:And though I gave him my answers...

Ozma:How do I destroy Salem...

Jinn:Not all of them were to his liking.

Jinn:*past version of her,talking to Ozma* You can't...

With that,Jinn put us back to Remnant,with either Ospin or Oscar,kneeling on the soft snow...

A/N There you have it! Back to writing,might be on and off with the updates 'cause I got school and shtuff,see you in the next chapter,comment,wherever I might appear!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.2K 760 9
Takes place after the Fall of Beacon, at Patch, Yang was depressed and sometimes she couldn't forget what happen to the fall of Beacon. Ruby was gone...
68.6K 1.1K 14
I hope you read the other Volumes First~ "This is the beginning of the end" And I hope those words are far from what they mean... Now we are back to...
388K 4.1K 33
So what happens if your secret was revealed. After the events of Fall forest Cardin tells everyone your secret. It was bad enough to be bullied but n...
96.8K 2.5K 106
Earth is an incredibly peaceful and beautiful World home to the amazingly intelligent Humans that live upon its surface. Upon these many, many Humans...