My Man, My Admirer (Cake Fanf...

By surfingcake

Calum Hood, the bassist from the rock band "5 Seconds of Summer" has feelings for the lead singer of the band... More

My Man, My Admirer || Cake Fanfiction
Chapter 1 - What's wrong with Luke?
Chapter 2 - Accidental Love Letters
Chapter 3 - Secrets and Lies
Chapter 4 - Confessions
Chapter 5 - Because it Benefits Me
Chapter 6 - Too Confused
Chapter 7 - Who's my Man?
Chapter 8 - Mr. Confident
Chapter 9 - #CakeLL
Chapter 10 - Bound to L.A.
Chapter 11 - Breaking His Heart
Chapter 12 - I Do
Chapter 13 - The Library of Love
Chapter 14 - Movies & Cuddles
Chapter 15 - It's Not Stress
Chapter 16 - We're Brothers
Chapter 17 - The Truth
Chapter 18 - Surprise Lucas
Chapter 20 - Redoing Christmas
Chapter 21 - Back at it Again
Chapter 22 - Tour Bus
Chapter 23 - Stay Safe, Please
Chapter 24 - Running Away
Chapter 25 - Soon
Chapter 26 - Nothing But Awkward
Chapter 27 - Raining on the Rooftop
Chapter 28 - Second Chances
Chapter 29 - Reunion Plans
Chapter 30 - Doubts and Questions
Chapter 31 - Perfect Two
Chapter 32 - Back Home
Chapter 33 - 12:00 AM
Chapter 34 - A Night to Remember
Chapter 35 - Mobbed
Chapter 36 - Under The Sea
Chapter 37 - Daniel and Chris
Chapter 38 - Dogsitting Pt.1
Chapter 39 - Dogsitting Pt.2
Chapter 40 - Dogsitting Pt.3
Chapter 41 - National Anthem
Chapter 42 - Dream Big Luke
Chapter 43 - Dream Big Calum
Chapter 44 - Dream Big Ashton
Chapter 45 - Dream Big Michael
Chapter 46 - Mess Up
Chapter 47 - Red & White Dye
Chapter 48 - Replacement
Chapter 49 - Livestream
Chapter 50 - New Beginnings
Epilogue (and more)

Chapter 19 - Not a Perfect Christmas

7.2K 172 163
By surfingcake

Hello my lovely readers.

Here's another update. I hope you like it.

Because it's pretty cool, I think.

Anyways, Enjoy the story :)

--

(Calum's POV)

I ran around town for practically the whole night. Luckily, I made it back to the hotel just in time. I unlocked the door and put my stuff underneath the desk. I then repositioned myself on Luke's chest, just like how I was last night. I closed my eyes, trying to get at least one hour of sleep and then a voice whispered into my ear.

"Merry Christmas babe."

I looked up at Luke and I smirked, giving him a light kiss on the lips in response. He smiled into the kiss and ruffled my hair.

"How did your hair stay perfectly up the entire night?" He asked. I didn't answer him, he could probably come  up with an answer by himself.

"Probably because your perfect. Nevermind." He mumbled. Luke got out of bed quickly, as I stayed under the covers, my mind telling me to sleep, but my body denying it. I looked up at Luke to see him walking into the bathroom. Once the bathroom door was shut, Ashton and Michael woke up.

"Merry Christmas." Ashton smiled. Michael just sleepily nodded. Probably tired from yelling Merry Christmas all night.

"You guys too." I mumbled in a tired voice.

"No sleep, I'm guessing?" Michael asked. I only nodded in response. If only I had gone to buy a present for Luke the day before.

Luke came out of the bathroom after five minutes, his hair done nicely and a sweater hugging his shoulders. It sounded like he was talking to someone in the bathroom. Hopefully not Amayra, Ashton and Michael told us all about her.

"I called room service. They're bringing up hot chocolate for us in a few minutes." He said, eyes opened wide.

"How are you so awake? You complained so much last night." Michael mentioned.

"It's because I got sleep last night and I washed my face."

"Such a girl." Ashton mumbled. Luke just laughed and slapped him on the side of the face, only to be kicked on his leg.

"You guys! Come on get dressed. We're going to the park!" Luke exclaimed. God, he's so adorable when he's happy.

"Fine." The three of us mentioned and Luke just fist pumped the air and walked back into the bathroom, resuming to brush his teeth.

The four of us got changed rather quickly, brushed our teeth, and did our hair. I picked up a dark red backpack that I assumed was Michael's, and stuffed my extra jacket and Luke's present into it. I placed Ashton's and Michael's presents under the covers, and they did the same for Luke and I. Luke put all of the presents for us under the cabinet.

"Why not under the covers?" Ashton pouted.

"Because, it's a group gift." Luke said, smiling widely.

Ashton and Michael groaned and Luke looked at them happily. I've never really hated the group gifts that Luke gives us almost every year. He spends a lot of money on them and I appreciated that.

"You guys will love this one." Luke mentioned.

"Whatever. Aren't you going to give something special to your babe." Michael laughed at what he said. I blushed hard and got the backpack to hide my face. Luke looked at me and then back to Michael. He smirked.

"You'll see."

"Gross Luke!" Ashton whined. "Don't say that in front of us!" Luke's face turned pale as I lowered the backpack from my face, but he just laughed at them.

"I'm not having Christmas sex. I'm not ready for that." Luke announced. By this point Michael and Ashton were cracking up and I rolled my eyes, too many times to count. Luke put his arm around me, like he was protecting me.

"Come on!" Luke said, pulling all of us out of the hotel room.

"Luke! Our hot chocolate!" I complained. "I'm thirsty."

"Please, that was just to get you guys out of bed."

I groaned and smacked him lightly as we arrived downstairs. The cold breeze almost immediately hit our faces as we walked along the sidewalk. We went to a park, far away from the hotel. It was apparently very empty, but there were a few stores or small shops. There was also a gigantic ferris wheel facing the street.

"We'll catch up with you guys in an hour. Ashton and I are going to go see the shops." Michael yelled at us before leaving with Ashton. We waved a quick goodbye and I turned back to Luke and smiled.

"It's just you and me."

"It's just us." He corrected. I chuckled at the correction.

"Let's go to the ferris wheel, yeah?" I asked. Luke quickly obliged and we walked over. After about standing in the short line for a few seconds, one of the workers let us in.

"5sos? Calum Hood and Luke Hemmings?" He asked, while helping us on.

"Yeah." Luke answered.

"Congratulations on being a couple." The man said kindly. "My daughter talks about your band all the time." Luke and I flashed him a smile and a thank you as we went off into the sky. Luke fiddled with his pocket to get something out. A rectangular silver box.

"Cal, I uh, have something for you. It's not under the bed covers, it's this." He said, handing me the box. I slowly reached for it and grabbed it out of his hands. I opened it delicately to see a silver dog tag necklace, that said: 1996 Forever and Always. This wasn't any necklace, this was the necklace that Luke wore every single day.

"I can't take this." I said, giving him the necklace back. "It's too special." Luke took the necklace, but instead of keeping it, he leaned towards me. He unlatched the necklace and placed it around my neck, the wording shown and the back of it against my chet.

"You can take this, I've waited long to give this to someone special." He mentioned. "And I think that the person is you."

I literally almost melted after Luke said that. The words were sincere and true. I played with the necklace for a few seconds before meeting my eyes with Luke's again.

"Thank you Lukey."

"You know Cal, I've always hated that nickname, but when you say it....it's cute." He said looking at me in the eyes. I smiled and leaned closer to him and he did the same. We kissed for a while, and hugged right afterwards.

"I never want to loose you Luke."

"Me either, Cal."

(Michael's POV)

Ashton and I finished looking around the shops and headed back to the park. It was about 11:30am, almost time for lunch. We stopped by at the park and waited for Luke and Calum. They came after ten minutes of waiting, with big grins on their faces.

"What did you guys do?" Ashton questioned.

"Ferris wheel." Luke said, pointing to the tall ride, about a hundred feet away from us. Ashton nodded and I felt my stomach tighten.

"Let's get something to eat." I complained. "I didn't get my hot chocolate this morning anyways." Luke shot me a mean face, but knowing it was fake, I played along. I returned the same face and we ended up laughing as we all walked towards a small cafe down the street.

Once we were seated, we all ordered some hot chocolate and a few different pastries. The old lady smiled at us and told us quietly.

"My daughter loves you guys. Can she meet you?"

I quickly obliged, loving to meet all of our fans. As soon as our orders arrived, the old lady came back with a blonde haired girl. Amayra.

"Boys, this is Amyra. She's my youngest daughter, a big fan of you guys." she mentioned. I shot Calum and Ashton a look, but they were angrily staring at her. Luke shot her a look of disbelief and anger.

"Oh, so you own the library. Don't you?" Calum gritted through his teeth.

"Why, yes I do. She's been in a research class for seven years finding out what is love." the old lady babbled on. Luke visibly tensed and I put my hand on his knee, assuring him that this would be over soon.

"Well, I'll leave you guys here to talk with her. She's a lovely yound lady. Goodbye now." She said, walking back to the register. I pulled a chair for Amayra and she sat down. We all stared at her in silence.

"What. The. Hell." Luke said, staring dead into her eyes. "You said you went back to the mountains."

"Well, I lied Lucas." She retorted, flipping her hair. "I'm staying here for the winter, and going back in the spring."

"Why can't you leave now?" I asked her annoyed. She just rolled her eyes and continued to chew her gum.

"My mom lives here. I'm staying with her for Christmas."

"I trusted you, for so many years." Luke said under his breath. "And you go all out on twitter, trying to reveal something that I wasn't ready to reveal back then." Amayra looked as if she felt bad, but quickly covered it up with her stubborn attitude.

"Well...." she trailed. "I honestly thought I was helping. Haven't seen you in years."

"You can't just enter my love life and ask so much personal information." Luke said, sending her a glare. Calum, Ashton, and I nodded in agreement. We were not sure if we should stop them, or have them spill it all out.

"It's not my fault that you said yes to the research."

"It's not my fault that I was young and oblivious, was it?"

"Oh, Lucas. That was your fault. After all, your father-"

"Don't. Talk, About. My. Father." He said sternly looking her deep in the eyes. She just shrugged and decided to continue the conversation, bad idea.

"I can say as much as I want to. After all, your perfect family was ruined once I got your mother to marry another man." She sneered. Luke turned pale, probably not knowing that she was the cause of her family's problems.

"T-t-that was y-you?" He questioned. "Y-you sent my father away. My real father?"

"Yes. I did. You'll know how I did it if you come back to that special room tomorrow. I'll leave a note tonight." She said, spitting her gum out into my hot chocolate. I scrunched my face together and faced her.

"THAT'S ENOUGH!" I yelled at her. She winced and I looked around to see all of the customers gone, and her mum not present at the cashier. I took my hot chocolate and dumped it all over her, dripping from her hair to her toes. I stood up and shoved her away.

Calum stood up and ran to the pasty cabinet. He got the whip cream and topped her head. Ashton just laughed as her mouth was opened wide, too shocked to move. She dramatically wiped the frosting off of her head, and left us.

Luke was still in shock from what she said, he wasn't even laughing with us. He sat there, completely stunned by her actions.

"I trusted her. So much." He mumbled. "So much."

"Let's get you home babe." Calum said, helping Luke off of his chair.

"So much. So so much."

As soon as Luke stood up, we carefully walked towards the door. Before we left, Amayra came back, with a towel around her head.

"Lucas. Your father is dead." She said with no emotion. "Because of me."

Luke stopped in his tracks and didn't bother to face her. Instead, Luke fell onto the hard floor. The impact strong against his forehead. He fainted.

"MICHAEL CALL THE HOSPITAL! NOW!" Calum demanded, crying as he tried to help Luke off the floor. I quickly obliged as Ashton shoved her away from the scene. She frowned and tried to stay in her spot, but Ashton pushed her back.

"Your lucky we're not filing a claim for you. Your so lucky." Ashton growled.

"I never meant to. It was all okay and then it just-"

"SAVE IT!" Calum yelled from where he was, helping Luke. "ALL YOU DO IS RUIN THINGS. THAT'S ALL YOU EVER DO!"

I quickly talked with the ambulance and they quickly arrived. They said that the two of us could go in the ambulance with Luke, and the last person had to drive. Ashton and Calum quickly hopped in and I told them that I'd drive. They waved a quick goodbye and the ambulance went speeding off.

I walked into the parking lot and found no light blue car. Oh right, I wasn't in Australia, and we didn't even take a car here. I groaned and kicked the building's white wall.

"I'll drive you." I turned and shook my head in disgust.

"I'd rather walk then be with you."

"Come on, without an ambulance, the hospital drive is half an hour." Amayra said.

"Promise me one thing."

"What?"

"Don't kill me, don't hurt me, don't hurt Luke ever again."

"Deal."

I sat in the passenger's seat of her black car and she drove off to the hospital. Every so often, our silence would be cut by the GPS noise. As I was about to just fall asleep in her car, the car stopped at a red light and she poked me.

"What the hell do you want now?" I asked her.

"I'm sorry."

"You can't say that to me, say it to Luke. Your a really bad person."

"And you know how sorry I am for that!" She yelled as the green light showed. "I never meant to do anything bad to Luke! All I did was include him in my research!"

"Then what happened to his father? And why'd you try to spread that kind of private stuff on twitter?" I asked harshly. She tensed, but quickly summarized and explained.

"Well, the twitter thing was sort of an accident. I was going to fake tweet it, but one of my workers pressed tweet and my phone died." She said. I nodded, not really believing the explanation, but went with it anyways.

"You didn't answer my first question." I told her as she continued to drive. "Your so lucky that cake is together, or else you would've been a cause of a really big problem.

"I know." she mumbled. "The truth is, because Luke didn't know what love was back then, I sent someone he loved away to the U.S. army."

"Why wou-"

"He eventually died within the first few days and I didn't mean for that to happen. He looked like such a strong man." Amayra said, cutting me off. "I introduced his mom to one of my Uncle's friends. They both fell in love and I thought everything I did was covered up."

Amayra started crying, while driving the car. I sighed and looked up at her. "You know, I'm still never ever going to forgive you."

"I understand that."

"But I will tell you that you should stop with this experiment. It's ruining the people who thought they loved you."

"L-Lucas loves me?"

"As a friend, he loved you, but not anymore."

The rest of the ride to the hospital was silent. Every now and then, I closed and opened the window, getting extremely bored. Once we arrived, I ran into the hospital with Amayra right behind me. I rolled my eyes. When will she ever leave?

"Guys!" I yelled towards Ashton and Calum. They responded with weak smiles as I walked in to see Liz sitting down, silently crying. Calum's mum was here too, comforting Luke's. 

"Amayra?" Liz questioned. Amayra gave a weak smile as Ashton backed away and Calum whispered into Liz's ear. She immediately frowned and ignored her for the rest of the time.

- Small Time Skip -

(Calum's POV)

Once we got Luke back to the hotel, my mum and Liz went back to their hotel, where they were vacationing. Secretly, I knew that they were just making sure that we were okay.

Luke layed down on our bed and I joined right next to him. It was almost the evening, and the day went by pretty quickly. I snuggled into his side, still wearing the necklace that he had given me. Michael was laying on his phone, tweeting to fans that Luke was alright. Ashton was calling Amayra, telling her to stay away.

"Come here Lukey." I told him. He moved closer toward me and my body felt fireworks when our chests touched. "I love you so much."

"I love you too Cal." He said, pecking my lips.

"Is Ama-"

"Don't Cal, please don't ask. Mikey already explained everything. You can ask him." Luke said.

"I'm sorry Luke." I told him. "I didn't protect you as much as I wanted to."

"As long as your there, it doesn't matter." He said, smiling for the first time ever since we were at the cafe. I smiled and kissed him on the forehead as he started to fall asleep.

I got out of the bed and sat in Michael's bed. Stretching myself out and taking Michael's phone, I turned it off and placed it on the cabinet. I took one of the bed's pillows and looked directly at Michael, my eyes threatening to close.

"Tell me about Amayra."

--

This chapter was extra long, so I hope that you liked it.

Vote? Comment? Share? Follow?

Please keep in your libraries.

I have a Youtube Acc and an IG: @thehxmmings

Goodbye, see you in the next update <3 Xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

182K 2.7K 47
Imagines and Preferences featuring the 5 Seconds of Summer boys Michael Clifford, Luke Hemmings, Ashton Irwin, and Calum Hood. Requests Are Now Close...
31.4K 474 43
I'm that girl, you know the one that sits behind the scenes as her best friends make their dreams come true? Yeah her. In my case, I'm best friends w...
256K 13K 40
[ Ranked #1 - Cake ] [ Ranked # 10 - CalumHood ] [ Ranked #98 - 5sos ] Calum Hood: Lead singer and bassist of 5 Seconds of Summer. Luke Hemmings: Act...
Catch 22 By Sav

Fanfiction

225K 4.9K 42
Sage Mires is a young up and coming Sound Technician dying to chase her dreams and escape the memories her home now holds for her. Chanced with a fre...