My Man, My Admirer (Cake Fanf...

By surfingcake

Calum Hood, the bassist from the rock band "5 Seconds of Summer" has feelings for the lead singer of the band... More

My Man, My Admirer || Cake Fanfiction
Chapter 1 - What's wrong with Luke?
Chapter 2 - Accidental Love Letters
Chapter 3 - Secrets and Lies
Chapter 4 - Confessions
Chapter 5 - Because it Benefits Me
Chapter 6 - Too Confused
Chapter 7 - Who's my Man?
Chapter 8 - Mr. Confident
Chapter 9 - #CakeLL
Chapter 10 - Bound to L.A.
Chapter 11 - Breaking His Heart
Chapter 12 - I Do
Chapter 13 - The Library of Love
Chapter 14 - Movies & Cuddles
Chapter 15 - It's Not Stress
Chapter 16 - We're Brothers
Chapter 18 - Surprise Lucas
Chapter 19 - Not a Perfect Christmas
Chapter 20 - Redoing Christmas
Chapter 21 - Back at it Again
Chapter 22 - Tour Bus
Chapter 23 - Stay Safe, Please
Chapter 24 - Running Away
Chapter 25 - Soon
Chapter 26 - Nothing But Awkward
Chapter 27 - Raining on the Rooftop
Chapter 28 - Second Chances
Chapter 29 - Reunion Plans
Chapter 30 - Doubts and Questions
Chapter 31 - Perfect Two
Chapter 32 - Back Home
Chapter 33 - 12:00 AM
Chapter 34 - A Night to Remember
Chapter 35 - Mobbed
Chapter 36 - Under The Sea
Chapter 37 - Daniel and Chris
Chapter 38 - Dogsitting Pt.1
Chapter 39 - Dogsitting Pt.2
Chapter 40 - Dogsitting Pt.3
Chapter 41 - National Anthem
Chapter 42 - Dream Big Luke
Chapter 43 - Dream Big Calum
Chapter 44 - Dream Big Ashton
Chapter 45 - Dream Big Michael
Chapter 46 - Mess Up
Chapter 47 - Red & White Dye
Chapter 48 - Replacement
Chapter 49 - Livestream
Chapter 50 - New Beginnings
Epilogue (and more)

Chapter 17 - The Truth

6.8K 207 116
By surfingcake

Hi guys. What's chillin?

I'm having so many Cake feels right now..

But that's basically all the time.

Enjoyy!

--

(Luke's POV)

It's been a few days after Calum and I got together. It was so hard keeping it from the other boys and the fans. He said that we would do it today, so hopefully everything works out.

It was exactly 4:23pm and the boys and I were waiting backstage. Calum was currently dangerously close to me and has been for the past two days. He always stayed by my side and always touched me more often than usual. Not that I'm complaining.

The two days passed by so quickly and I knew that I was one hundred percent ready to tell everyone. That's just the kind of person I am, because Calum didn't look like he was ready.

Calum was fine for a few days and everything seemed perfect. Now, the day that we had promised to tell everyone arrived. Calum was shaking and often staring away like only he existed. He was also a lot paler since yesterday.

"Luke, Michael. What's up with Calum?" Ashton said, looking at the black haired boy. Calum wasn't even paying attention, he was still staring at nothing and shaking in fear.

"Don't know. Luke, do something." Michael mumbled, focusing on his video game. I rolled my eyes at him and looked back at Calum.

"Calum and I are going for a walk around the building." I said, snapping in front of his face. He shook his head as I dragged him outside of the backstage area, and into the stadium's janitor closet. I closed the door behind me and flicked on the lights.

"Janitor's closet. Classy." He smirked with a laugh threatening to escape. I stared at him and quickly shook my head.

"Please Cal, we're not ready. It's been two days. Only two." I started. "Calum can I ask you something?"

"Yeah."

"Are you really ready to tell everyone?"

Calum sat down, leaning against the tan wall. He was deep in thought, closing and shutting his eyes every once in a while. I frowned, knowing that he was definitely not ready. I sighed and started to exit the door. Calum quickly grabbed my wrists and swung me towards him.

"I'm ready."

"For the boys and the fans."

"Anything can come at me, but it will never stop me from loving you."

He gave me a quick peck on the lips as we both left the janitor's closet. We arrived back to where we were before. Michael was no longer playing video games, he was on his phone. Ashton came, as if on cue, from his hair being done by Lou.

"Guys, we need to talk." Calum said sternly, he walked and plopped himself right next to Ashton. Ashton looked at him in confusion and Michael showed the same expression. I sighed and nodded towards Calum.

"I hope that you will, accept this, um, I-I..." Calum stuttered as he trailed off. Ashton started to rub his back and Michael just whispered.

"Just let it all out."

He only nodded, but responded to nobody. He looked up at me for help and I quickly obliged with a quick smile at Calum.

"We, Calum and I, are dating." I said, confident easily found in my voice.

Michael stopped staring at us and looked towards Ashton. He stopped rubbing Calum's back and stared right back at Michael. Calum and I just froze, not really knowing what they thought. I felt like they didn't accept us. I felt like they'll kick us out of the band. I felt that-

"Who asked who?" Michael questioned, glancing at me. Calum quickly pointed to me and I just returned an answer back to Michael. "Me."

"YES! GIVE THE MONEY! GIVE IT ALLLL!" Ashton screamed. Michael rolled his eyes and took out his wallet, handing Ashton a fifty dollar bill. He started swearing under his breath, but quickly stopped when he saw Calum and I, clearly confused.

"What?" He asked.

"H-how, w-what was that?" Calum asked.

"Oh, Michael and I knew you guys would eventually crack and spill your feelings. So, what we did was make a bet. I bet that Luke would ask you and he bet that you would ask Luke." Ashton replied, smirking at our hands, practically tied together. How did this happen?

I smiled at Michael and Ashton. "I'm glad you guys are good with us. I don't know where I would be without you guys." Calum nodded in agreement, a wide grin on his face.

"So, you uh telling the fans tonight?" Michael questioned, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Yes." Calum said, as I lightly traced song lyrics onto his thigh.

"You know, you two being together is the best Christmas Eve wish ever." Michael said, as Calum and I blushed.

- Small Time Skip -

"We've been confessing things at concerts more than twitcams lately. So brace yourself." Ashton said into the microphone. It was towards the end of the concert and we always had a small talk with the crowd before everything ended for the night.

"First of all. MERRY ONE HOUR UNTIL CHRISTMAS!" Michael yelled through the microphone. We all laughed at his excitement, but quickly regained our composure.

"For some of you, this may be the best gift, a good gift, or a piece of coal." Calum said through the microphone. "Some of you may not like it, some of you will. Some of you will get your dreams crushed, and some of you will get them fulfilled."

"Sometime's these kinds of things are hard to admit, but we do it for you guys anyways." I started, my voice fighting not to bail out. "Calum is going to-"

"Luke and I are dating." He blurted, cutting me off. The crowd gasped loudly and didn't respond at first. It was about a good two minutes, and nobody had said anything. Michael and Ashton stared at the both of us in sorrow. Calum didn't need the sorrow, he ws trying to find a reaction within the crowd.

I nodded and spoke into the microphone quietly. "Uh, sorry guys. Um, g-good night." As we all were about to head off backstage, a short blonde girl yelled from the crowd.

"I LOVE CAKE!"

I quickly turned my attention to her and she gave a sweet smile, trying to keep her cool. I smiled weakly back at her.

"WE SUPPORT!" A group of fans from the right side of the stadium said. I turned to Ashton and Michael who were grinning widely. Calum stood there speechless and in awe at what the crowd had said so far. A boy in the crowd was with his girlfriend or sister. He looked up at us and started a small chant.

"I SUPPORT CAKE! I SUPPORT CAKE! I SUPPORT CAKE!"

I turned to Calum and laughed so hard once everyone was saying it. Calum returned the laugh and I turned to the other boys. Michael was behind the two of us and Ashton was banging his drums to the chant. Before we knew it, Michael shoved Calum towards me and we bumped foreheads.

The chant played in the background as I just looked at how close Calum and I were. Luckily, our microphone's weren't on us, and we awkwardly spoke to each other.

"Hi Cal."

"Hi Lucas."

"What a day, huh? Who knew that all of this would happen."

"Who knew..." he repeated while trailing off.

"I love you." I mentioned. "Even though it's been a few days, I love you so much."

"Me too Lukey, me too."

With that, I leaned into Calum and gave his lips a quick peck. The crowd stopped chanting and they started screaming. I smiled and took Calum's hand in mine as I took the microphone off of the stand.

"GOODNIGHT L.A.!" I yelled into the microphone. We got a response of cries and fans telling us not to leave. I laughed and waved to them one last time before leaving the stage. Once I got off the stage, Calum's lips attacked mine for a good ten seconds. I kissed right back.

"NO PDA BACKSTAGE!" Ashton joked, covering Michael's eyes from behind. Michael laughed and removed Ashton's hands from his eyes. They both walked out of the room leaving just the two of us here. I looked back at Calum to see his hands running through my hair and gripping it.

I wrapped my arms around his waist in a protecting manner and gave him a long hug. He smiled into the hug, removing his hands and placing them on my waist.

"I love you." He mumbled into my ear.

"I love you way more. More than you'll ever know."

"Really? Because I think that I love you more." He said, trying to start a useless, yet adorable argument.

There was a small pause and we both released the hug. "Impossible." I mumbled to myself, realizing that Calum said the exact same thing. I smiled at him and gave his butt a tap before walking towards the car, ready to take a rest for Christmas tomorrow.

"Hey!" Calum said, running to catch up with me. Once he caught up, he started to walk at my pace and smirked at me. "Luke, what happened to not doing anything sexual for a while."

I sighed and looked at Calum. "Cal, it was just a tap on the butt. No sexual tension or anything, okay? It was just a love tap."

"Sure it was, Luke. You just want this." He said, pointing at himself and swaying his hips. Oh yes, yes I do.

"I'd like some of that when we get more serious." I said sternly, but not harshly.

"When is that? Ten Minutes? An Hour? Tomorrow? Now?" He asked hopefully. I laughed at his eagerness and just responded simply as we arrived at the car.

"Soon Cal, very soon."

"HEY GUYS!" Ashton shouted as we entered the car. Michael covered his ears in annoyance at Ashton's loudness. I snuck a look at Michael's phone. Blink-182, Always.

"Hi." I mumbled and Calum just nodded, taking the seat next to me.

"Why do you have to be so loud, Ash?" Michael complained. "It's nearly midnight and I don't understand why anyone wo- CHRISTMAS IS SOON NEVERMIND!" 

Ashton and Michael high fived each other as Calum and I looked at them. Gosh they're such kids. Michael unplugged his earbuds and stuffed it back into his pocket. He stared at the time in the car, waiting for it to switch to 12:00am. 11:22pm.

"So, back to the hotel or Maccas?" I asked, knowing that I was super sleepy and noticed how hungry Calum was. As soon as Calum opened his mouth, he quickly shut it as Ashton began to speak.

"Neither. We're going somewhere, we have a surprise for you Luke."

And with that, Ashton slipped off his bandana and tossed it to Michael. Michael placed the bandana around my head, covering my eyes, and I sighed, gripping onto Calum's hand. "Where are we going Ash?"

"That, Lucas, is a surprise."

--

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!

Vote? Comment? Share? Follow?

Thank you all <333

I hope your day is great and stuff.

Goodbye :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 105 16
I'm Riah Clifford, my older brother is Michael Clifford. Sound familiar? He's in a band called 5 Seconds Of Summer, otherwise known as 5SOS. His band...
7.8K 139 21
Calum Hood is the bassists in 5 Seconds Of Summer. Each boy has groupies. They're all happy with their group of girls except Calum. Until his manager...
51.7K 2.6K 40
"what if i told you i'm actually calum hood and have been deceiving you this entire time?" "i wouldn't believe you" + or where Calum Hood, bassist of...
31.4K 474 43
I'm that girl, you know the one that sits behind the scenes as her best friends make their dreams come true? Yeah her. In my case, I'm best friends w...