Night Shade: Family Ties

By RADplusMOON

(SEQUEL TO NIGHT SHADE: BLOOD BOUND) War has begun, things are turning from bad to worse. Seth wants Sam, hav... More

Prolouge ycS
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14

Chapter 7

16 3 1
By RADplusMOON

Sammantha

"So we are going to Alaska?" Darren asks as he sits on the back of my motorcycle.

"Yes."

"And how do you think your dad is going to take your return?"

"I'll just tell him I didn't kill Scarlette."

"Yeah, because that's worked for every other innocent fugitives. And didn't that one wolf threaten to call the military?"

"Haven't heard from the military in forever. They probably gave-"

"Look out!" Darren yells as I get winged in the side of the head by a bullet.

"Fuck!" I snarl, serving sideways.

I fight to gain control of the bike but it hits the ground as I skid with it, arms and legs getting ripped and torn with road rash.

"Ouch." I growl, peeling myself off the tar and picking a few rock out of my arms, which look like ground hamburger.

"Move out men!" A voice calls from the trees as I reach for my pistol.

I wait for the soldiers to reach the road before shooting at the lead man, followed by the next, and roll into the ditch on the other side of the road.

'Get to the trees!' Red yells at me.

'I know!' I growl back, running into the woods as another bullet goes through my knee.

'Fuck!'

'Get into the tree!'

'What about Darren?!'

'He's using his powers to conceal himself, worry about yourself right now.'

I nod as I slowly pull myself up the nearest tree and rest on a branch about forty feet up.

'Let me help you with your injuries.' Red tells me as I feel the warm sensation of him taking over.

He waves my hand over my knee and the wound begins closing up. He does the same to my road rash and the side of my head.

'How come you can't do that when I'm in control?'

'It's hard to explain. I'll tell you some other time okay?'

'Fine.' I say as I take control again.

I grab my knife and get ready to attack as the troop comes under my tree. I drop down, taking out three men before launching myself at another. Bullets scatter as the humans try desperately to get their sights on me. I move quickly, taking out the rest of the small troop in a matter of seconds.

I turn as I hear the thundering of at least a hundred soldiers ruining after their fallen comrades. I look around, trying to find a weapon besides my knife.

'I think it's better if you run for this fight.' Red tells me as I pull an assault rifle off the ground.

"I'd rather not. I'm sure I can take em."

I look through the trees and catch sight of the heavily armed soldiers running towards me and suddenly change my mind.

"You're right. I should probably go."

'You there Darren?' I call in my head.

'Yeah, a mile down the road. Where the hell are you?!'

'Gimme a minute. I'm on my way.'

I was about to shift before I got the familiar scent of the rouge wolves. I look around before shifting and beginning to walk alongside the road.

"Going somewhere?"

I turn around and see Seth standing behind me.

"What's it to you?" I ask.

"Well I thought we could have a little chat."

"Is this little chat going to end in me strapped to a table? Because that didn't turn out so well for you last time."

"No, just talk."

I look over and see the soldiers getting closer.

"I'm a little busy now. Why don't you talk to me tomorrow?" I growl sarcastically, if I wasn't running from armed soldiers right now I'd rip out his throat.

I turn around and find myself nose to nose with one of Seth's rouges.

"I was afraid you'd run. So I brought backup."

I look all around me and see rouges surrounding the area.

'Run Darren. Now.'

'I'm not leaving you Sam. I find it hilarious you'd even say that.'

'I'm serious Darren. Get my Dad. I have a plan.'

'Sam-'

'You owe me Darren! Go now!'

'Fine.'

"Hello? We were talking." Seth growls.

"You're right," I smile, "We were."

I wait a few seconds before hearing the soldiers stop behind me.

"What the hell?!" A guy calls.

I turn and see the men standing there, scared out of their wits.

"See ya!" I laugh as I leap forward and rip out the throat of the nearest soldier.

They open fire on the rouges and I run through them. I hear shouts of pain from both sides but I keep running. Sure it's the opposite way from where I'm supposed to be going, but that's my plan.

'Where are we going?' Red asks me.

'The United States. Why?'

'I hope you mean Alaska.'

'Then you better start praying, because we are going to Florida.'

'Well that's a hell of a ways from Alaska.'

'Listen Red. It's best I stay away from the pack. You saw what just happened back there.'

'Maybe you should be asking how the knew you would even be on that road.'

'I'm sure they've been watching the border for my bike for a long time because of that traitor in my pack.'

'Then we go kill him.'

'Yes, because I'm already in trouble for killing a pack mate, and killing another one will solve it.'

'Don't mouth off Black.'

"You're not going anywhere!" Seth snarls as he tackles me to the ground.

"I'll rip you apart!" I equal his growl and sink my fangs into his shoulder.

He yelps and grabs my paw in his teeth, trying to get a good hold on me as I rip flesh from his shoulder and foreleg.

'This is going to be the end of Seth!' I think out loud as I move closer to his throat, tearing chunks of fur out as he tries to back away.

He grabs me by the scuff of the neck, throwing me to the ground before sinking his teeth into my cheek. I yelp, sliding out from under him and crunching into his tail. He howls in pain as I keep crunching, and he bites down on my left flank.

We move in a circle, neither side wanting to let go until I twist my head, his tail snapping right off.

"You bitch!" Seth cries as he sees his tail, or what's left if it.

"That's actually accurate!" I laugh, spitting his tail onto the ground and smashing it with my paw.

He snarls something I've never heard before, it sounded like some sort of European language.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I growl.

He smiles as I feel a pain erupt from my front leg, causing me to fall to the ground.

'What the hell is happening?!' I growl at Red.

'It's a spell, it calls out one's dragon form.'

"Looks like your little dragon friend let something slip while he was in my head. Like how he was going to prevent you from turning into one. And I picked up the spell from a book." Seth laughs, walking over to me.

I scream in pain as it feels like my bones are being broke over a thousand times and my vision burns as it goes heat mode. I hate Arti for doing this to me!

"Make it stop!" I snarl, both at Seth and Red.

"Not unless you willingly agree to come with me, and under no circumstances, are you to leave. Even if the building is on fire."

I just stare at him.

"I already know if I wait long enough, you die, so we can do this all day."

"Fine."

***

"That's how I ended up here." I snarl as I lay next to the bars, Scarlette laying just on the other side.

"You should have ran instead of fighting Seth. You could have gotten away." Scar remarks, "Now they have both of us, the only two things they really wanted."

'It's true. You basically handed yourself to him.' Red points out.

"Shut it Red!" I growl out loud.

"So Red is a dragon you said? A dead one?" Scarlette asks me.

"Yes. His soul occupies my body. He said it's only temporary though."

"Why?"

"I have no idea. Why don't you ask him?" I say before he takes over my body.

Scarlette jumps back a few feet.

"What's wrong with your eyes?!" She hisses.

"Dragons have full colored eyes. I'm a red dragon, so my eyes are red. Just as Sam's are black and Ar-" Red sees the expression on Scar's face just at the mention of Arti, "You get the idea."

"So-" Just as Scar opens her mouth, Max and Seth come into the room.

Red quickly puts me back in control.

"Good morning girls." Max smiles.

"Good morning scum." I answer back.

He laughs before grabbing me by the collar if my shirt and throwing a few punches to my nose, effectively disorienting me as I hit the floor.

"Any more snarky comments?! He growls.

"Good." He smiles, "Because we have a busy day ahead of us!"

"And why's that?" Scar asks.

"Because today, you two are going to have a little sparring match."

"Sparring match?"

"Yes. Except you will fight....until only one of you stands. Or we kill you both."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

300K 6.4K 37
Sheltered shifter Celeste runs away after disappointing her parents with another failure to secure a worthy mate bond, but she accidentally stumbles...
4.1M 125K 62
Once there was a girl, daughter of an Alpha, who happened to face consequences of the things she had no control over. How? By being ostracized from...
44.1K 994 37
Seb, a now 19 year old pup. After a year of freedom, guilt and independence 3 certain Alphas return to bring Seb back home. After everything that's h...
189K 7.8K 39
"I want you." With a touch as light as a feather, Cillian hooked a thick finger under her chin to get a better look at her face. "Look at me." Slowly...