Night Shade: Family Ties

By RADplusMOON

(SEQUEL TO NIGHT SHADE: BLOOD BOUND) War has begun, things are turning from bad to worse. Seth wants Sam, hav... More

Prolouge ycS
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14

Chapter 6

18 3 1
By RADplusMOON

Scar

In the end all my attempts have failed to get away from Max and Akshay, even though Akshay wasn't so bad he could still kick ass. Max had me under his thumb, he wouldn't let me out of his sight even with Akshay by my side 24/7. Even though Max watched me like a hawk, he trained me like I was his own. I didn't complain, I got some training in, learn a few new moves even got info on Max's strikes.

Eventually we went back into the 2nd dimension and that's where the training really started. My wolf was left behind like the first time but if I focused hard enough I could hear her cries of disapproval, screaming at me from a miles distance, to go and not follow Max's ways but I ignored her.

Ever since we went back to Earth Akshay hovered by my side than glanced toward Max momentarily afterward. It turned out that Akshay was Max's protojeh, so he was with me when I trained. I practically gave up running away after 4 months of being captured over and over again, the thing never came out even when I was at the brink of death. It was as if Max was testing something, when training was done everyday I would sit away from Max and scan past the dimension and just watch the light and darkness coincide with the other dimensions.

Akshay appeared beside me, I groaned. "What do you want?" Ready to stand and walk away.

Akshay grabbed my arm and pulled me back down, "Wait, I just wanted to tell you something,"

"Make it quick, I'm in a snappy mood." I growled the last part.

He sighed, "I just wanted to let you know, that it may not seem like it but Max is actually protecting you."

I laughed, "From what? No, he's not protecting me, he's holding me prisoner."

"Look Scarlette, it may not seem like it right now but we are still at war still, we've been at war for over a year now,"

He was right, when I was dead that's when the war started to climax and I guess when I woke up I totally forgot about it. All I could think about was Sammantha, than getting away from Max, but now I know the broad picture of the scenario.

"Why would Max protect me? Besides you two idiots, no one would dare trifle with me."

"Your just calling me an idiot because I'm better at fighting than you." I punched him in the arm. I hated when he did that, change a serious subject to a playish conversation.

He nudged my shoulder and I pushed him off, standing up this time without he don't pull me back down. I started walking and glanced back, mentally groaning with Akshay on my heels.

"Can you leave me alone for like 5 minutes!" I yell, getting irritated.

"You know I can't let you do that. If something happened between you and Max I have to be there in time for things not to turn into a massacre."

"I can handle myself." I pushed, walking faster.

Akshay easily walked beside me, damn his long legs. "Ah no you can't, you'd probably die from the first creature you see in this dimension."

"Creatures? But you said that no other creature can enter here." Spinning on my heel so I was face to face with him.

"Well have you ever thought there was a way for creatures to be born here: completely blood thirsty with no mercy. Not the descendant of Skoll but the creation?"

"Sounds cute." I stated.

"You want to try one of them out?" He asked, I stared into his eyes. He wanted me to say yes, he was so excited.

Thinking a little bit, "Yes."

He turned away from me and walked a few paces forward, glancing back at me and making sure I was ready he started chanting in a demonic tone, the atmosphere turning into a deathly stillness.

"Volám tě na povrch této zemi. přijít a uniknout ze svých dluhopisů duší přijít a připojit se k nám (I summon thee to the surface of this earth. Come and escape from your bonds of the souls to come and join us)." Suddenly the ground shook beneath our feet, stepping back the ground opened up from inside out. Layers of dust covered the area, we started coughing. When the dust cleared a massive 45' creature stood before us with white scales and crimson red eyes.

"Reminds you of someone?" Asked Alshay, making a joke but I didn't find it funny. Looking at the massive creature with its snowy pelt and red eyes made me think that something else was going on.

My eyes traced over its enormous muscles that could've moved a mountain, than wandered over to its long slender body with a lion replica but ontop of its head it had long curved horns that would've belonged to the Minotaur. It's red eyes watched everything that I did, it had no pupils but it still managed to see me. Under it's massive paws that could've crushed 5 cars in one step it had paw length claws that could've sliced 2 blocks in a quick sweep; not to mention the fangs were the length of a school bus.

"Oh my god it's so adorable!" I screamed.

"For a girl, you have some messed up sense of cuteness. Your crazy, that thing is a beast, not a pet or your playmate. So no getting any ideas."

I pouted, I was thinking of adopting him as a pet. I was 17 for crying out loud! I turn to Akshay, "Wait, what's today's date?"

He looked up, "Watch out!" I didn't understand what he was saying till he tackled me to the side. There was a huge crash with sand flying up everywhere, he was breathing harder as he stared down at me with less than a centimeter difference.

"Well this is awkward," I said pushing him off, rough. He flew backward and hit his back hard against the ground a few yards away.

"What did I do?" He coughed, his breath obviously blown away.

Looking up the lion was about to step on me again, diving out of the way again I missed being crushed to a thousand pieces by a gap between its claws. I let out a breathe of relief, "no literally Akshay what the hell is the date?"

"I-" The lion swept it's claws in his general direction, he dodged and jumped ontop of its paw. Clever.

Once the lion tried slashing again but toward me I jumped onto nits paw but found it harder than it looked. Falling off immediately I pummeled to the ground, I heard Akshay laugh in the distance.

"You need to find balance through out your whole body, not just your torso and legs but your shoulders, chest, head, claws, toes, feet, tail, everything."

"Smart ass!" I yelled at him.

He shrugged, "Least I'm not stupid."

I wanted to stick my tongue out like a 5 year old but pushed down the urge, I slowed my breathe down and thought of Max's training. Almost like instinct when the foot came down I threw myself ontop of the paw, everything seemed to go in slow motion but everything also seemed to focus. I didn't even notice that it brought its paw up till I was crawling up the leg. Spikes popped out of nowhere but I slithered past them like I did this hundreds of times. Finally I got to its shoulders and a sudden urge swept over me as I bit down as hard as I could, I tore a chunk out and swallowed it down.

A adrenaline rush ran through my body, instantly craving for more I used my claws to dig deeper into the flesh, taking chunks as my fangs dug deeper and deeper. It roared and more spikes flashed across it's back like a wave.

"Go deeper, deeper!" I screamed at myself. My teeth tearing like crazy till I fell through the layers of flesh, holding my breathe I stared around. There was 8 massive cylinder like bones, that most likely was the rib cage. Looking down there was one thing that was moving, I swam down checking it out. When I was a paw away I noticed it was the heart, my lungs cried in my chest to get some air but my craving was too great, almost unbearable. Opening my mouth as fast as I could, blood swept down my throat, putting my claws on the heart to hold myself there I took a huge bite. The lion roared in anguish, I heard it fall to the ground and start thrashing. Taking another bite the lion roared even more, I was enjoying this so much that I wasn't paying attention to my life anymore. Taking more and more of the heart into my mouth I thought this was what bliss was, after awhile it stopped roaring than started having a seizure.

More I need more! I took one last bite and the heart stopped, but I couldnt pull myself away it was so good, almost blissful; all this blood and bones! Suddenly a bright light blinded my vision and I squinted my eyes, making out a rip in the stomach 15 yards away. The light grew brighter as the rip became thicker, I closed my eyes but kept my fangs latched on to the dead heart. Suddenly something grabbed me by the back and yanked me, I tightened my grip while the last of my air bubbles floated out of my mouth. The creature yanked harder and harder against me, trying to pry me off, clutching my teeth around the heart as hard as I could I managed to rip off a large chunk and flew backwards. The creature now having the advantage over me, not really in my right mind I started chewing on the heart and finished before it arrived at its destination. My lungs were burning and my throat was aching for oxygen to go through them, my legs started freezing up and locking in place as my whole body started to go numb. With no more air left in my body, my eyes were fogging out, my senses slowly casting away from reality.

The moment I closed my eyes a blinding light glared through my eye lids, my body was dragged across the ground where I was no longer in the sinking water since all the blood was pouring out. The ground was all wet but I had no intention of complaining, my head was too cloudy for me to process what to do.

"Scarlette? Come on, get up." Said a voice, but I couldn't respond back.

"Shit, she's unconscience and she's not breathing!" Suddenly something grabbed the only eyelid not planted into the ground and opened it. Akshay showed up in my vision with a small flashlight in his hand, he shined it back and forth.

"Damn not even her eyes are reacting back." Akshay said stubbornly.

"Shit what can I do, she's way to heavy for me to try to pick her up and force her to choke the water back out."

I could've just imagined either Sam or my wolf saying from that comment, 'Is that a fat joke?!' I wanted to laugh but my body was frozen against my will. Slowly the darkness soaked in, and the light drained from my eyes.

Suddenly right before everything vanished I felt a surge of air rush into my lungs, I jolted up like I got electrocuted and my eyes stared wide open.

"What- what happened?" I asked, still out of breathe.

Akshay just sighed, folding his hands and placing them ontop of his head, "Damn lots of weird crap happens to you doesn't it?"

It wasn't interlay a rhetorical question, "How am I breathing, I wasn't able for 5 minutes!"

Akshay shook his head, "You don't want to know."

We walked back to Max, my fur sticky and wet while Akshay was in human form soaked to the bone in the lions blood to snatch me out of there before I drowned. "We need to go back to Earth to wash off."

Max hesitated, and stared directly at me but this time I couldn't make eye contact. My head tilted to the floor as I looked up occasionally, I saw a glimpse of a smile which I thought wasn't even possible appear on Max's face.

"Fine, you can go,"

"Your not coming with?" Akshay and I was completely surprised.

Max shook his head, "You better keep an eye on her. You loose her, I'll strip your flesh clean to the bone with my own two hands."

Akshay smiled, "Yes sir. Come slave!" he said jokingly but I didn't find it very funny as I nipped at his ear.

A few minutes later we arrived back at Earth, "Now to find a pond," I sighed, not looking forward to a hike.

"Don't worry there is one 2 miles down from here," Akshay stated, already in his wolf form as he trotted off to the left. I followed right behind, I knew what would happen if I tried to run away. Akshay would pin me down in a heartbeat of a millisecond, when we finally arrived at the pond it was absolutely gorgeous compared to the white sandy desert in the 2nd dimension.

"Aww finally some water," I sigh out of relief, walking over by the waters edge I peer into my reflection. I didn't even recognize myself anywhere!

My fur was a exact duplicate to my crimson eyes from head to tail, which somehow made my eyes look delicate and pretty. I looked around and found 'my master' gone, "Akshay!"

I yelled, he shouted back a couple yards behind a tree. "Stay there, I'm changing."

I had a brilliant idea, since he was distracted I could easily get away. Shifting very fast I started running away, suddenly a blurry image hit my side and I was thrown into the water. I felt the water pressure in my ears as I started sinking, struggling to go up and get air I found Akshay was doing this on purpose as he pinned me to the bottom of the pond where not even 2 werewolves would be able to touch.

I mouthed, ' I hate you.'

And he smiled back, 'I know.'

He let me stay down there for a little bit till I started really thrashing, finally he let go and I swam frantically up to the surface. When the refreshing taste of oxygen dived down my throat I threw my arms ontop of the grass as I held myself up from the shoreline.

Akshay appeared beside me, I smiled and splashed him. After a couple hours Akshay and I were squeaky-clean but even more drenched than before since it wasn't sticky. As we walked I asked him something, "What's today's date?"

"Tuesday." He said.

"Not the day, dumbass! The D-A-T-E!"

"Oh, it's 29th of August." I narrowed my eyes.

"I see." I say, walking in silence.

"Why?" He asked.

I had the urge to tell him the truth but knew it was wrong in reality, "It's nothing, really."

After that we walked in silence, we arrived back to Max, I trained like usual with Akshay and Max's harsh training routines. Finally 5 days later we went back to Earth to get more food, that's when Max got the call.

He talked quietly but I still managed to catch some of what the person on the other line was saying, it sounded like they captured somebody and had them for 5 days now than everything else was zoned out. I raised my eyebrows. Interesting.

Max hung up, "okay, Akshay and Scarlette track the animals on the right and I'll be right on your trails not too far from the left."

Akshay nodded, "Right. Scarlette come, take lead."

"You sure?" Feeling slightly honored.

"It's easier that way so you don't run away."

"Oh," Feeling my honor run dry.

Max barked, making me jump. "Move!"

I scrambled to pick my feet up and get a good run in, soon my legs got used to the pace and than I was gliding. After a couple minutes Akshay spine up, I almost tripped, kinda forgetting that he was behind me.

"Max is gone now." He said.

"So?" I asked, not really knowing what he was talking about.

"Please, not like I already know. You love climbing trees, it's your domain." I hated him, not because he was a moron but because he was spot on every time about me and I can't even tell what his favorite color is yet.

Not saying a word, I obliged to what he said and pounced on a tree. Feeling immediate sturdiness when I leapt on, gliding like a bird, I flew through the trees. I howled in joy and felt the wind brush through my fur and the sun on my pelt. Suddenly a sharp pain snatched my foot and I growled in agony as I tumbled to the ground, hitting my head against a descent sized rock.

Why? Why does the rocks always find me! My ear started to ring and my vision was going haywire, my leg burned as hell while a bear trap was clasped around my leg. I tried getting up but I must've fell on my head the wrong way because my legs just collapsed from right under me.

"Well what do we got here? We just went out here to catch some birds and animals to eat for our... Guest. But this would be soo much better." I recognized the voice in an instant.

"Seth!" I growled, trying to stand up again but fell back down as the chains linked to the foot trap rattled as I pulled.

"Now I didn't want to believe it but your suppose to be dead." He stated.

"Well fuck you too." Suddenly 2 men from out of nowhere started tazering me. The electric volts zipped through my body like lightning but surprisingly it didn't hurt since tazers are very hot. However I only felt the electrical portion, suddenly somebody knocked the 2 body guards to the ground.

Looking up Akshay was pinning the two guys on the ground, I could immediately tell he was pissed off. Turning my head yet other way, I caught a glimpse of Max approaching Seth, I could only make out a couple sentences though.

"What's the meaning of this?"

"Well I caught the White Wolf didn't I?"

Max growled, "I had her under my control."

"Than why didn't you turn her in when you caught her?" Seth pushed.

"Because she isn't your property Seth," Max growled.

"Your not even going to let her-" my vision and hearing grew worse.

Watching with weak eyes I looked down at my leg, it wasn't just a foot capturer thingy but my whole lower half of my body was swollen up and was burning.

"Scarlette I need you to hold still. That device around your leg is poisonous and when it latches under the skin it sends off an explosive acid into the wound. So don't move otherwise you'll explode." he stated.

"What?! How do I get it out!" I yell.

"It goes away on its own, it should take 45 minutes. It's electric so it spreads fast if you keep icing and it will not let go of the swelling if you do."

"Okay Dr. House!" I shout, my head spinning, gazing over at Max again he was still fighting with Seth in a heated conversation.

So this is what Akshay was telling me about, why Max was protecting me. He was shielding me away from Seth.

In an instant I blacked out, when I awakened I was in human form in a tank and shorts. My legs were no longer swelled and by the looks of it I was stuck in a cage, great. Reaching to touch my head, I had a bandage on from where I fell on the rock and another wrapping around my leg where the trap almost cut my leg off.

Suddenly I hear a voice next to me, "Oh my gosh-" I look over and complete surprise masks my face. We talk at the same time.

"-can it be.."

"Is that really you.." I breathed.

"-Scar"

".. Sam."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 46.9K 51
When Orla gets into the Private Lupus University, she meets people who may not be people at all. As she learns to navigate a new world of supernatura...
28.7M 879K 55
I glared up at him my eyes narrowed, "Excuse me?" I was beyond livid by the words that just came out of his mouth. My glare didn't falter when Parker...
43.6M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...
4.1M 125K 62
Once there was a girl, daughter of an Alpha, who happened to face consequences of the things she had no control over. How? By being ostracized from...