The Little Winston

arider731

When Nicole Winston is kicked out of her New York home by her alcoholic and abusive father, she only has one... Еще

Chapter 1- I Get Evicted From A Place I Don't Even Call Home
Chapter 2- I Take A Trip Halfway Across The Country
Chapter 3- I Meet My Brothers Really Hot Friends
Chapter 4- I Get Arrested
Chapter 6- I Play The Question Game, And It Gets Personal
Chapter 7- I Go To The Movies With Ponyboy
Chapter 8- I Get Jealous
Chapter 9-I Have My First Heartbreak
Chapter 10- I Get "Saved"
Chapter 11- I Watch The Stars
Chapter 12- I Fall For Sodapop Curtis
Chapter 13- I Have a Great Chat With Stevie
Chapter 14-I Get Stitches
Chapter 15- I Find My Brother
Chapter 16- Best. Day. Ever.
Chapter 17- Dally Blows
Chapter 18- I Meet A Bitch
Chapter 19- I Meet Pony's Girlfriend
Chapter 20- I Sleep Talk
Chapter 21- I Get Asked to Prom
Chapter 22- I Go To Prom
Chapter 23- I Talk To Johnny
Chapter 24- Dally Is A Dick
Chapter 25- Dallas Apologizes
Chapter 26-Singing In The Rain
Chapter 27- I'm Not Okay
Chapter 29-Bob Is Also A Dick
Chapter 29- I'm Awake?
Chapter 30- I Don't Want To Hear It
Chapter 31- I Suck At Being Mad
Chapter 32- I Talk To Ponyboy
Chapter 33- He's Leaving
Chapter 34- I Say Goodbye
Chapter 35- It Hurts
Chapter 36- They Come Back
Untitled Part 37- My Life Is Just Great
Chapter 38- Muggy
Chapter 39- I Lose My Family
Chapter 40- The Aftermath Of The Worst Day Of My Life
Chapter 41- The End (Or Is It?)
PLEASE READ!

Chapter 5- I Get Bailed Out By The Hot Older Brother

7.6K 113 53
arider731

It was actually freezing in the cell, and I felt myself start to shiver.

I listened in on Dallas' conversation, which seemed to be pretty intense from what I was gathering. He was talking quieter than usual, so I tried my hardest not to make it seem like I was listening. "Come on, man, you don't have to get me out, just come get Nic. She ain't gonna make it in the cooler." It was funny to me, how he didn't realize how many nights I spent in one of the toughest jails in the country. He didn't quite know everything about me anymore, and that intrigued me. I saw him look over at me out of the corner of my eye and bite his lip, a nervous tell he had adapted since he was a kid.

"Thanks man." I listened to his feet scuffle against the floor, then the screeching of the door opening. He sat down in front of me, sighing. "I got someone coming to bail us out, kid."

"Nice." I looked at him as he looked around, casually nodding to a few of the convicts across from us. "You in here a lot?"

"The fuzz just can't keep their hands off me." I giggled a little, which made him smile.

"I think it's the Winston flair."

"You ever been in the slammer before?" His eyes flickered to mine for a second, and I saw the brotherly concern wash over them before he was able to mask it.

"Yeah, but it was never that big of a deal." I tried to calm the situation down before he got concerned, because that was the last thing I needed, at least now. Last year, hell, even last month, that concern would have been appreciated. But now, it didn't really matter as much.

"How long was the longest?"

"A month. I got out on good behaviour." He looked at me with a small smile, knowing my "good behaviour" was all an act. I had only gotten out because I could be a soft spoken little girl instead of a fierce and biting woman when I wanted to be. Me and Dallas both knew that. "How about you?"

"Year and a half. Good behaviour doesn't really work with me, man." I knew that before he even made the comment. He had always been somewhat biting to authority figures, and I didn't blame him. If being nice didn't benefit me, I was the same way. The difference was Dallas didn't care if it would benefit him or not, he wasn't going to change anything about him. I loved that about him.

We made small talk for a little while, mostly consisting of me catching him up on the things that had happened since he had left. He asked about his gang brothers, and I told him everything I had known. I didn't know very many of them, as Dallas had tried to keep me away from them as much as he could. He never told me that specifically, but I knew. He asked about our father, although there wasn't very much to tell. Before I realized, Lopez got up and unlocked the cell door.

"Come on kids, someone's here to get you out." He motioned to the front desk of the station, casually pushing us out of the cell. I smiled and thanked him, earning a small but noticeable smile and nod.

"See you next week, man." Dallas called over his shoulder as we walked past him, Lopez nodding disapprovingly but still smiling, knowing that Dallas was correct. A few people stared at me as I passed, but I pretended not to notice, although I felt my back become a little rigid.

Sodapop and a man I assumed to be Darry Curtis were standing at the counter, both wearing completely contrasting expressions. Sodapop looked relieved, and even somewhat surprised. Darry looked stormy and fuming, his eyebrows furrowed darkly with his arms crossed across his broad chest.

As we neared, Dallas was the first to speak after he cleared his throat. "Thanks man." Darry refused to acknowledge him and walked away, his arms still crossed. I felt bad for making Darry come get us, after all I had never met him and he had just had to put up bail for me.

"Hey." Sodapop had noticed my disappointed demeanor and put his hand on my shoulder comfortingly, which made my skin tingle a little bit. "Don't worry about Darry, it's just been a rough month, that's all." He smiled reassuringly and I just nodded as we walked, knowing surely if I were to open my mouth I would just embarrass myself.

We made it to the truck, a rusty red Ford that was badly in need of a paint job. I sat in the small backseat with Dallas, Sodapop taking shotgun. The car rumbled to life, and we drove a careful speed down the road.

"Sorry the trouble, Darry." Dallas looked in the rearview mirror to make eye contact with Darry, and I got my first good look at him in that moment. He looked old, worried, and stressed, but had the body of an olympic athlete. He was muscular and tall, and you could tell just by looking at him that he was an athlete of some sorts. He could have possibly been handsome in another world, but the worry clouded up his face in a depressing aura. His eyes were sad, not the kind you'd expect from someone of his age. He was a boy forced to grow up too fast. "I promise to get you the money back."

Darry just laughed grimly and looked into the mirror himself. He didn't acknowledge my existence, and to be fair, I didn't blame him. "I don't care about the money, Dallas. I care that you think that you can just run around and do whatever the damn hell you please, and you get thrown in the cooler and wait your time, then you're out again in a month." Dallas rolled his eyes before he leaned into the seat and faced away from him, turning his attention out the window. "Yeah, go ahead and roll your eyes, but this time you took that girl down with you, and if you think for a second-"

"Don't you dare lecture me about my sister." Dallas snarled, almost wolf-like, and I felt my breath hitch in my throat. Sodapop turned as I was about to put my hand on Dallas' knee in an attempt to calm him down, and Sodapop gave me silent message that said that wasn't a smart choice. I pulled my hand away slowly.

"I'm not tryna lecture you Dal, but you can't tell me anything about her either. You're around her for less than a day, and look where she ends up. You left when she was what, 12? 13?" Darry's eyes stayed glued on the road. "Out of those, she probably remembers 3." Dally didn't argue with him, but hell, he was fuming. His eyebrows were furrowed and his eyes were fiery. In this situation, I knew it was best to let him cool off for a while, not to push anything else. But Darry didn't stop. I admired him for that.

"So, while she's staying with us, and you're keeping out of the cooler while she's here, or else. You dig?" The car stopped and I hadn't even noticed, but we were now parked in the Curtis' driveway.

"Yeah." Dallas kept his mouth quiet and short. "I dig." He was out of the car in an instant, slamming the door so hard the car shook as he walked away harshly. He kicked over a neighboring trash can and muttered curses under his breath, before continuing to walk. There was no doubt in my mind he was going to look for trouble. I just hoped it was of the legal variety. I didn't know Darry very well, but by the way he talked I knew he meant business.

"I'm sorry about that kid." Darry's demeanor changed as he opened my door, a warm smile filling his once cold mouth. "I didn't even get to meet you and I'm already laying into your brother."

"It's okay." I laughed, making Darry and Sodapop smile again. "I'm sure he deserved it."

"Well I'm Darry, this kids older brother." He laughed and pulled Soda into a headlock, ruffling his hair as we all walked into the house together.

"I'm Nicole, but you can call me Nic if you'd like." I smiled and looked around the house. Steve was passed out on the couch, a deck of cards sprawled on the table in front of him. The house was quiet, a great contrast from what I had seen this morning.

"How old are you?"

"16. My birthday is on May 14."

"Alright then, I'll be sure to put that on the calendar." I smiled. I had never had my birthday on a calendar before. "Well we'll fix up the attic for you, and there are pillows in that closet. I take it you ain't got much stuff?" I just shook my head, and Darry nodded his head reassuringly as Sodapop went upstairs, saying a quick goodnight. "It's okay, we can just go shopping tomorrow. Is there anything else you need for the night?"

"I should be okay. Thank you, Mr.Curtis." I cringed at myself. I wasn't very sure why I said that, but it seemed like the right thing to do.

He looked uncomfortable for a second, before he answered. "It's okay, Nic, you can call me Darry."

"Okay....Darry." I hesitated for a moment and he smiled, happy that I seemed more comfortable around him.

"There you go. I think I'm gonna head up to bed, so goodnight and sleep well, Nic." He nodded and headed up the stairs, leaving me alone in the living room. I grabbed a fresh pillow from the closet and laid my head down, falling asleep almost immediately.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

1.9K 198 18
"in my head, we're dancing in the dark. in my head, we kiss under the stars, but we know that's not what we're doing, 'cause, baby, this ain't like t...
DX boyfriend~ S.P.C. okorchestra12578

Любовные романы

15.4K 125 44
A high school dropout who is only friends with a group of greasers. Her mother left her with her dad at age 6. Sage and her father left Tulsa; until...
Silent LAシ

Любовные романы

49K 699 31
At a young age, Loren Areno lost her mom to cancer. Not long after, her dad was sent to jail. Mrs. Curtis let her stay with them since she was good f...
25.1K 241 13
When Valerie's parents abandon her she has no other choice but to turn to her last guardian option... her eldest brother in a literal gang in Tulsa O...