Frozen Heart

By TeeNice

First Book of The Heart Series: The Frozen Heart She pulled back her power and saw the Alpha walking towards... More

Frozen Heart
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Epilogue
EXTRA CHAPTER I
EXTRA CHAPTER II (part 1)
EXTRA CHAPTER II (part 2)
Book II: Precious Heart

Chapter 6

4.9K 197 7
By TeeNice

The Attack

"It seems that rebellion must have an unassailable base, something guarded not merely from attack, but from the fear of it."

 – T.E. Lawrence

She closed her eyes and heard fading footsteps of Eaton as he left. No matter how much Eaton would try to walk quietly, she can hear his footstep clearly.

She inhales deeply letting the scent of the Wolfsbane flowers entered in her nostrils. The scent of the flower makes her relax and her mind feels peaceful. She didn't know what happen or how, but the Wolfsbane doesn't affect her like a poison to other shifters.

She always asking the moon why does the moon let her live again – giving her a second life. The death itself was running away from her as she chases it.

'Damn the fate!' She mentally cursed.

The goddesses really won't give her what she wants.

It is too much to ask for death?

She didn't have any reason to live anymore and damn Alpha Slade for binding her life to him. She couldn't disobey his order – she was compelled to obey it and her instinct was telling her to protect her Alpha. The binding will only be broken when she finally meet her Lifemate.

'Seriously?' She mentally laughed, 'My Lifemate will reject me the moment he laid his eyes on me' she thought.

Who would want to be mated to a damaged she-wolf like her? a she-wolf whose heart become frozen; a she-wolf who's emotionally dead.

She might be emotionally dead but the emptiness and loneliness feelings remain inside of her heart; the feeling that there is a missing piece inside her heart; a huge hole that is waiting to be filled up.

When she opens her eyes for the first time after her suicide attempt, she thought she was dead. She couldn't feel anything; it feels like her whole body system gone numb. Her voice were cold even her eyes; it was dead like her frozen heart.

She wondered if someone can melt her frozen heart.

She sighed, 'That's impossible' then closed her eyes again.

She hates the light. Every sunrise she always went to the forest where she belongs until sunset. She hides under the shadows of the trees and letting the Wolfsbane flower embrace her. In the forest is where she spent her whole day and listen in the sounds of the forest.

The times goes by, she opens her eyes and looked up only to see the fading light of the sunset. Stars started to let themselves visible in the skies.

She stood up and took off running towards the Pack house. She smelt a new multiple unknown scent of wolves, the moment she entered the house letting her know that the guest have arrived.

The celebration of the Alliance party will be held at event hall of the Wolfsbane pack. It is her first time to attend the party as she was ordered by Alpha Slade; she knew the Alpha wanted her to be there to secure the safety of all the packs inside the event hall. They just heard a rumored that a pack of Rouges will attack.

She went straight to her room. Her room was located at the top floor or fourth floor of the pack house. It was the attic and there's only one slanted window in the ceiling where she can fully see the view of the beautiful moon.

She showered and wore only a black shirt and pants. She was not a fan of dresses or a dress loving person. She put her black leather coat and went to Alpha Slade's room.

She stood right at the front of the door waiting for Eaton. She and Eaton were assigned to accompany Alpha Slade in the party.

In her peripheral view, she saw Eaton frantically running towards her. She rolled her eyes, 'late'

Eaton stops right beside her trying to catch his breath. Eaton looked at her from head to toe; frowned formed in his face in the process.

'Did he really think that I would wear a dress? What an idiot!' She thought.

Eaton cleared his throat as he snapped back from his thoughts, "Sorry" he whispered and looked away. Eaton stood up straight fixing his bow tie and gently knocks at the door.

A movement was heard from inside the room and the knob twisted opening the door. Alpha Slade looked at them and she saw disappointment in the Alpha's eyes as he scans her attire.

'Another idiot!' She mumbled quietly enough that she was the only one who heard it.

They all went to the event hall. She followed Alpha Slade from behind letting her keen eyes roam around, looking one by one at the guest's faces. She remains quiet behind Alpha Slade as he greeted some guests; she can see how the guest avoided her gazes and fidgeting under her cold stare.

After the formality duties of Alpha Slade, they stayed at the corner where they can see all the people in the hall. She leans in the wall behind Alpha Slade and Eaton, crossing her arms in her chest. She watched Eaton complain about everything in the party with annoyed plastered in his face earning a heartedly laugh from Alpha Slade.

She averted her eyes from the two and looked up expecting something. She can smell them surrounding the hall.

The glass ceiling broke cutting Alpha Slade laugh. The women instinctively shrieked and move away from the broken glass pulling the children to their body protectively.

The Rouge in the wolf form came down from the ceiling and growled menacingly to the people that surrounds him.

'They finally decided to make their appearance.' She thought.

All the Sentinels present in the hall put the women and children protectively behind them.

"Calm down people!" Alpha Slade spoke in a loud voice walking towards the wolf but maintain a safe distance between them, "You!" the wolf looked at his direction like he wanted to, then growled.

Something snapped inside her seeing the wolf just growled to her Alpha in her presence.

"We're not in the mood for bloodbath" Alpha Slade calmly said but his voice was laced with warning tone.

The Alpha may not be in the mood for bloodbath but she is.

The wolf ignored the warning and lunged at Alpha Slade.

'Bad move' she thought tilting her head a little.

In a blink of an eye, she swiftly moved towards the wolf and effortlessly sliced the wolf' stomach with the use of the Wolfsbane sword before the wolf could reach her Alpha.

Her face was void of any emotion while she was watching the wolf fell to the floor. The wound is not deep but it is enough to make the wolf bleed out and to spread the poison.

The wound force the wolf to shift to his human form. The Rouge lay there stark naked, whimpering, shaking and choking his own blood. He gripped his wound putting a pressure to it trying to stop the bleed but the poison was spreading in the fast phase in his body. Hid blood vessels were turning to violet to black under his skin making it visible to the eyes. The poison was slowly torturing his body making him feels the indescribable pain.

It is the work of the Wolfsbane flower. Her thin sword has a Wolfsbane flower – that's why it is called Wolfsbane sword. Every shifters know that the flower is very poisonous to them.

With the Rouge last breath, he howled and died.

Howled echoes outside the hall answering the last howled of the Rouge inside the hall making them known.

She looked at Alpha Slade waiting for his order as she put back her thin swords in its sheath. Alpha Slade nodded and she respectfully bowed. She walked towards the door and nodded at Eaton.

Ignoring all the eyes that following her every move, she step out from the hall to the clearing and ready to face a hundreds of Rouges.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

816K 25.7K 35
#11 in werewolves "You know I'll never stop running, right?" "I've always loved a good chase" ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••...
37.1M 1.4M 144
"My dad sold me to a pack of werewolves to settle his gambling debt." ❀ "I'm going to count to three," Logan growls. He doesn't have to say the rest...
730K 16.4K 47
Ava, a lonely abused wolf. Forever alone is her motto. Jace, a feared alpha, know as heartless,uncaring,and rude. Jace always wanted a mate through...
1.3K 78 3
An emptiness in my stomach like I've starved myself for months Percy Jackson. © 2023