The Orphans

_maefair

BOOK TWO OF The Bride Life was depressing for Iole Haidee Eudora since she was told to leave the palace after... Еще

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
29
30
31
32
33
Third book
BONUS CHAPTER!!
UPDATE
ANNOUNCEMENT

28

723 41 2
_maefair

My breathing stopped when they said that. My eyes watered but I kept myself from crying, "I love you guys."

The three of them hugged me tightly. This heartfelt reunion was making me cry.

"Where have you been all this time?" Vivianne asked while wiping some tears.

"It's a long story," I replied, "I'll tell you when I have time."

"I knew we'd recognize you anywhere," Hannah said with a triumphant grin.

"Don't lie to me," I said and laughed, "you didn't recognize me as Eldora, remember?"

"But that was different!" Vivianne countered, "you wore contacts that time!"

I shrugged, "Still, you didn't recognize me."

They resumed on putting my makeup on as we chatted, but I made sure not to tell them where I was staying.

I trust them, but it's too risky.

They styled my hair in a half down half up hairdo. My hair was decorated with pink flowers and my makeup was absolutely stunning.

Vivianne chose my gown which was in the color of violet which had silver linings. It was a simple gown and nothing like what I've ever worn. But that didn't hinder me from looking elegant.

I smiled at my reflection, "This is beautiful, girls."

I missed this. This exact same feeling I get in the palace everyday.

"Thank you," I said in gratitude and hugged them.

They smiled at me before they told me that I should already head to the chapel. The girls that were finished were already waiting at the crossroads we went through where we split up with the men. The men were also there in formal suits and carefully styled hair. My eyes looked for Tony but I couldn't see him.

Did something happen?

I was getting paranoid when the clock ticked by and he still wasn't showing up.

"Alright, ladies and gentlemen," one guard said, "please form a line by pairs."

A girl raised her hand and asked, "Should it be of the opposite sex?"

The guard shook his head, "No, but as far as I know, your number isn't even. So one will be left with no partner. He or she shall be at the last of the line."

The people started getting their partners. Tony was still nowhere to be found.

"Can you be my partner?" A voice said, followed by a small tug on my dress.

I looked at my back, a little startled. I looked at the little girl in front of me. Her blonde hair was down in cascading curls and her blue eyes were sparkling.

I didn't know we had a kid with us.

She was wearing a dark green gown made of velvet. The gown was decorated with red roses and so was her hair.

I forced myself to forget about Tony for a moment since this child didn't have anyone with her. I crouched down to reach her height.

"Hello there," I greeted her and smiled, "where's your mom?"

"My mom is in heaven," she replied, "but my mommy is at home."

My breathing hitched. This girl already lost her mom at such a young age. But she referred to 'mom' and 'mommy' as different persons. Could she be adopted?

"What's your name?" I asked.

"My name is Dorothea," she replied, "but my family calls me Thea."

"Alright, Thea," I said, "who were you with? Did you watch the concert?"

She nodded, "My sister brought me along with her but the guard told me that I should stay behind."

I took her hand and smiled, "Okay, Thea. I'll be right here beside you."

She nodded grinned, "What's your name?"

"Call me . . ." I hesitated. Should I tell her my real name? No. She might tell her sister. "Call me Sophie. How old are you?"

"Four!" She replied.

I looked around the place to check if Tony was there, but he still wasn't. I smiled at Thea, "Well then, Thea, let's go line up."

She nodded and let me hold her hand as I led her to the end of the line. Soon after, the others also joined the line. I kept glancing at the back to see if he was already there. But he was not.

"Sophie?" Thea called, "are you looking for someone?"

I smiled and crouched down to her level. I brushed her hair away from her face, "Don't worry about me, Thea. I'm sure he's fine," not really, "let's just focus on the event right now."

She nodded in understanding. I rose back to my full height but still held the little girl's hand.

Later on, the guard announced that we were to proceed to the chapel. The walk to it was short and I still couldn't find him anywhere.

The procession of our group started. I could tell that the other people in out group were elated to see that they were the center of attention. I could see the people staring at us in curiosity. The cameras were all pointed to us as we passed.

It was obvious we were special. Compared to the other guests, our attires were more elaborate. Theirs were just plain gowns. Only varying in a little design and colors. The women's hair were all styled the same. The men all wore buttoned up shirts.

Meanwhile, our group's women had ballgowns and floor-length gowns. If I remember correctly, some of these gowns were that of the old selected's. Our men were dressed in tuxedos and they were more pampered than the men of those seated.

Our group was instructed to seat in the front rows. Thea and I chose to sit at the second row at the left side of the chapel.

The chapel was decorated glamorously with a theme of white and blue. There was a red carpet where Gabriel would walk through. The priest was already at the altar behind a glass case that held Illéa's crown.

The crown.

Oh how beautiful and scary it was. It should've been Tony who was being crowned today. We had to stop this coronation.

But how?

We were powerless. We didn't have an army. What would we do?

The girls around me chatted animatedly about how handsome Gabriel was.

Seriously. Can't they see that he's trash?

Surely they were just praising him because he was about to be king.

"Everybody rise," the priest instructed.

The orchestra started playing and the doors opened. There stood Gabriel in all his annoying glory. He was perfectly prepared for this day. The day when he prevailed.

My fingers were itching to get a gun from one of the guards and just shoot him dead.

"Sirs, I here present unto you King Gabriel, your undoubted King," The priest said, "wherefore all you who are come this day to do your homage and service, Are you willing to do the same?"

The crowd cheered their agreements. Then the trumpets' sound filled the hall. The "king" sat down on his throne with a contented smile.

"Mister, is your Majesty willing to take the Oath?" The priest asked him.

"I am willing," Gabriel replied.

Oh how much I wanted to tear off that smirk from his face.

One servant approached Gabriel holding a book. He held it open and knelt in Gabriel's presence.

The priest then said, "Will you solemnly promise and swear to govern the people of Angeles, Ottaro, Belcourt, Dominica, Midston, Fennley, Allens, Atlin, Hundson, St. George, Hansport, Honduragua, Baffin, Sota, Bankston, Waverly, Denbeigh, Paloma, and of your Possessions and other Territories to any of them belonging or pertaining, according to their respective laws and customs?"

"I solemnly promise so to do," Gabriel answered.

"Will you to your power cause Law and Justice, in Mercy, to be executed in all your judgements?" The priest asked.

Gabriel replied, "I will."

"And will you promise to do everything in your ability to maintain the rightful peace in our nation?"

"All this I promise to do," he said.

Then Gabriel rose from his seat as two servants tailed after him. One brought a sword and one brought a box. He opened the box and it showed the crest of Illéa.

Gabriel put his hands over these two items and said, "The things which I have here before promised, I will perform, and keep."

The servants hid the two items after and brought in a new item. It was a robe made for a king. It was your typical robe. In the color red.

"Receive this Imperial Robe,
and may it endue you courage and wisdom with majesty and with power from on high," the priest stated.

Then the priest's attendant opened the glass casing of the crown. He took it from its casing and gave it to the priest with utmost care.

I swear I saw Gabriel drool over the crown.

Tony still didn't appear. What happened to him?

"Bless we beseech thee this Crown, and so sanctify thy servant Gabriel upon whose head this day thou dost place it for a sign of royal majesty, that he may be filled by thine abundant grace with all princely virtues," the priest said to bless the crown.

The crowd cheered as the priest made his way to Gabriel. The crowd cheered and the orchestra played again. When the cheering stopped, the priest continued.

"God crown you with a crown of glory and righteousness, that having a right faith and manifold fruit of good works, you may obtain the crown of an everlasting kingdom by the gift of him whose kingdom endureth for ever," the priest.

Then the orchestra played again as the priest slowly put the crown on his head. 

I didn't breathe when the crown rested on his nest of a hair. My bad feeling worsened when I still didn't see Tony anywhere.

The crowd stood and cheered for the new king.

"Hail King Gabriel!" They chanted.

Gabriel's smirk was getting on my nerves. He looked at the crowd and bowed. I glared daggers at him. A hundred each second.

He might've sensed the pain since he met my eyes. I stopped glaring and gave him a smile. He smiled back.

I am so gonna kill you.

Then there was a gunshot. And for the first time in my life, I was thankful for it.

Thea screamed and covered her ears as the gunshots continued to ring.

"Protect the king!" The general commanded.

The soldiers formed a protective barrier around Gabriel and led him to safety.

"Get the guests to the safe room!" Another one yelled.

I crouched down beside Thea and hugged her, "Hush, it's okay. We're safe."

She sobbed into my dressed and hugged me tightly. I looked around for an exit but the guests were screaming and running to the nearest exit.

We can't get out of here.

I covered Thea as much as I could and stayed low at the ground. Screams of pain resonated around the room. And when I looked around, dead bodies littered the ground. I quickly closed my eyes when I saw them.

"Sophie!" I heard someone yell.

I looked up to see who could've called my name.

"Sophie! Where are you?!" The voice called again.

"I'm here!" I exclaimed but still stayed low. Thea was quivering by now and wasn't letting go of me.

"Soph!" Another voice yelled, "where the heck are you?!"

"Haris! Where the heck are you too?"

"Thea?!" A girl's voice yelled, "where are you?!"

Thea stopped sobbing and looked up, "Mary?" She asked and stood up. "Mary!"

"Thea!" The girl yelled and ran to our direction.

Thea ran to the girl. I stood and saw them running to each other.  Then my eyes widened when I saw someone aiming at Thea.

"Thea! No!" I screamed and ran to catch up with her.

But someone held me back, "Miss, we need to take you to the safe room."

"No!" I yelled and fought out if his grip, "Thea! Look out!"

"Sophie?" The voice called again.

Thea looked back and fell. Her head hit the ground with a bullet to her temple.

"No!" The girl—Mary—yelled and fell down crying.

"Thea!" I yelled and couldn't stop the tears.

"Miss, let's go."

"No!" I exclaimed and ran away when I felt his grip loosen.

"Soph!"

"Sophie!"

"Haris!"

"Where are you?!"

I ran to Thea but someone blocked me again.

"Dee," he whispered. His voice was soft but commanding, "Let's go."

I shook my head, "No! What about Thea?"

He looked back and saw the dead child in front of him, "I-I don't know. Please, let's get out of here."

"Soph!" Hudson yelled and ran to us, "there you are! Hurry! Those guys aren't done yet!"

Hudson and Tony pulled me to the safe room as I thrashed and kicked but I couldn't escape. When I was tired of resisting, I just stopped and let them carry me to safety.

Then I passed out on the way.

——————————

Another chapter done! 😂 which means another chapter until the last one. But there's still a third book if I feel inspired 😂

Again, thank you for supporting this book, love lots 💛

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

Choices Writerbless

Фанфик

452 32 22
It's been 19 years since Maxon and America had their first child, Jeremiah. Now he must have his own selection. Since Jeremiah could walk he has caus...
The Bride _maefair

Фанфик

96.7K 3.1K 43
Iole Haidee Eudora was just like any other girl in the kingdom but due to some event, she was to be wedded to the second prince. But then, she learne...
49 6 7
In the kingdom of Autora, there are two ways to gain power: The inherited right, or the divine gift bestowed. Neither, had ever been of any interest...
51.5K 914 25
What if that first rebel never took the red scarf out from behind his back? What if the whole entire attack never happened? What if tragedy never led...