Meant To Be #wattys2019

Oleh oh_hi_byeee

●Highest rank #5 in Spiritual. ●#67 in Romance.Getting at the top. ALHUMDULILLAH● //To all my lovely, silent... Lebih Banyak

INTRODUCTION
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
CHAPTER 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
NOTE
Ramadan Mubarak
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Please don't kill me
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27: Fallacies
Chapter 28: Game of Fate
Chapter 29: One step closer, two steps far.
Chapter 30: Past Lingers
Chapter 31: Flashback, Truth and Forgiveness
Chapter 32: Let Me Go
Chapter 33: Not yours.
Chapter 34: Don't let them change you
Chapter 35: Realise and Real Lies.
Chapter 37: Facade
Chapter 38: A Hope
Chapter 39: If It's Not You Then it's No one.
NEW BOOK ALERT
Chapter 40: When a Facade Drops
Chapter 41: Too Late?
Chapter 42: Maybe, Maybe Not.
Chapter 43: Oh Love
Chapter 44: Tears and Goodbyes
Chapter 45: One Last Time
Chapter 46: Meant To Be (Part 1)
Meant To Be- (Part 2)
You were Meant to be mine- Epilogue
THANKYOUUU
NEW BOOK ALERTTT
Intricacies and Anarchy of Life.... and Love
4 CHAPTERS UP

Chapter 36: Letting You Go

2.8K 247 31
Oleh oh_hi_byeee

First of all, I'm sorry for the late update! Your girl has been busy. Also I have been working on the new story. So yeah pretty tight schedule.

Also I made a mistake in the last chapter. I kinda messed up Arhaan's age *facepalms*

Arhaan is twenty two almost twenty three. Anabiya is twenty one. Humaid and Omar are twenty four.

So yep, confusion is cleared.

Also you must be wondering who are the faces behind our Humaid and Afia. So I've posted a picture. So check it out.

Vote. Comment. Share.

Vote for all previous chapters if you haven't and comment DEDICATION to get a chalter dedicated and also a follow.

Thankyou and I love you.
           ~A.

....................................

"I live in a cycle of repetitive relapses. Rendering responsibilities, drowning  myself to work more than my body and mind can to stop my soul before it collapses.

Trying to stay afloat but I always drown... drown in the ocean of sadness.

I am now triggered by the smallest of emotions.

Drowning in this grief.... grief of losing you.

Every moment of every day I hate myself whenever I look in the mirror, just my demons laughing back at me.

And then as I always do, crash myself right in the wall, often hurting my physical form.

But I swear, I Swear it hurts less than the pain I feel inside of me.

Maybe it's the guilt.... guilt of not trying hard enough.

Or just the feeling of losing you.

Losing you before you were even mine..."

Arhaan felt dead. He had so much remorse inside him, so much that it could make anyone shiver with it's intensity.

After the big announcement or let's say announcements made by Dadi Amma, the preparations were in full swing from the very next day.

The families were bonding really well.

Malik's already had good relations with Zafar Sameer's family, but they were now bonding with the Saeed's too.

Especially the ladies. Men were busy with their own work stuff, but the ladies, that is, Fatima Malik, Rabiya Zafar and Hafsa Saeed were bonding really well.

Ofcourse, over shopping.

Hafsa introduced Shahana, that is Ali's mother and Nabeeha's soon to be mother-in-law along with Warina who was Afia's mother to Fatima and Rabiya and now these ladies were a mini group of their own, with ofcourse Dadi Amma as their leader.

On the other hand, things were going great between Sanaya and Anabiya which was becoming a mystery for Ruhina, and all she could think was about the black magic or voodoo that Sanaya may have casted upon Anabiya.

Soon enough, Monday came and it was time to return to the normal life.

Office life.

Anabiya woke up with a strained leg muscle because of wearing those stilletos two days back at the engagement party. Also, the shopping trip she went to along with Nabeeha and her two bestfriends made the matter more worse.

In short, her legs were killing her!

Anyway, Anabiya took a long, warm shower and wore a black pallazo pants and white t-shirt and then wore a long cardigan. She quickly did her makeup and hijab and taking her work bag, went in the living room.

"Your breakfast in ready, just help yourself.", Fatima said as she went to her room to get ready for her own school.

It was a weekday so it clearly meant everyone was either at work or was on their way.

Aseef Malik was at his work, Suhail was in college and Fatima and Anabiya were leaving as well.

"We ladies will be going for shopping after work. You and Sanaya join in too. Nabeeha and Ruhina will be with us already.", Fatima informed and Anabiya groaned.

She walked behind her mother, as she kicked in air.

"Mumma, today also? How much do y'all wanna shop?", Anabiya complaint and Fatima looked at her, clearly frustrated.

"We haven't even started yet! Look there are two weddings and two engagements taking place in two weeks! There is a lot to do. So stop complaining. We even have to get you new dresses. Ethnic dresses.", Fatima cleared out and said the last two words as she pointed out towards Anabiya's outfit, clearly not happy.

"I have plenty of dresses!", Anabiya huffed and Fatima raised her eyebrows in amusement.

"Where's my daughter?", she asked as she pretended to find something and it was Anabiya's turn to raise the brows.

"My daughter loved getting new dresses for herself. Who are you?", Fatima again questioned and Anabiya rolled her eyes.

"Okay Mumma, listen. No need to spend extra on my clothes or anything. I mean I know you got new friends but you don't have to be like a mini family. You and Rabiya aunty are bestfriends but that doesn't mean you all have to pretend to be like a family and well I guess the other ladies are like Rabiya aunty, considering their lifestyle. Their taste for clothes and accessories might be same as ours but their choice of brands and shops aren't like us. So just be a little careful...", Anabiya cleared out and Fatima chuckled.

"Beta, I know. And don't worry, I'll buy the best things for you but also I'll not waste mine nor my husband's hard earned money on fancy shops. Also, Warina is like me. She too loves to shop the best things from good shops but not over-priced, snobbish stuff. Don't worry. Also don't judge anyone like that. Ever again.", Fatima assured and then warned and Anabiya smiled as relief washed over her face.

It was true. Anabiya felt it meaningless to buy stuff which were over priced and just snobbish. She also didn't like too low priced stuff with cheap quality. She liked good quality products with decent price and yes, our girl loved bargaining. She was a bit unsure because she saw how Nabeeha too, just like Sanaya spent too much on snobbish stuff and she surely didn't want her mother to do the same just because of her new bunch of friends. But as her mother cleared it, Anabiya felt a big, heavy weight lift off her shoulders.

"Anabiya, it doesn't even look like you're about to get engaged. How can you be so.... chilled out?", Fatima used the slang and Anabiya chuckled at it.

"What do you want me to do? Wear a t-shirt with Omar's picture and quote it with 'Soon to be Fiancè'?", Anabiya sarcastically said as she sipped on her tea.

"Well I wouldn't mind. Omar's a very handsome guy. If you can wear a t-shirt with Harry Styles on it, then you can surely wear one with Omar's picture too!", Fatima commented and Anabiya choked on the tea.

At this Fatima laughed and left her daughter alone with her thoughts.

Anabiya finished her breakfast and after checking everything, she slipped on her vans when she saw her mother leaving.

"Oh and yes,  Omar will be dropping you today.", Fatima said and Anabiya gave her the 'Why and What' kinda look.

"I have my car, Ma! I can drive.", Anabiya just stated the facts.

"I know that but in the evening, me and Rabiya will be needing it when we'll go for shopping as Zafar Bhai will be taking one car and Omar will be taking the other, and as you know Sanaya's is gone for servicing.", Fatima quickly explained and after saying her Salam, left.

Anabiya sighed and she walked out of her house and then went down towards the building's compound, only to find Omar, looking better than ever, smiling at her.

"Assalamualaikum! Woah look at you!", Omar said and Anabiya checked her outfit.

"Walekumassalam and What?"

Omar pointed at her shoes and Anabiya just shrugged.

"Don't give my Vans nazar!", she loudly said and Omar raised his hands in surrender.

Anabiya then noticed Sanaya, who was all dolled and was walking gracefully in her long, pointy heels. She then learned that Sanaya will be joining too as she had some 'work' at the Saeed Industries.

"Whattt? You're seriously sitting in the back?", Omar questioned, clearly not believing Anabiya as she settled with Sanaya in the back.

"Don't shout! And drive. I'm getting late.", Anabiya simply said and Omar huffed which only made Anabiya laugh.

"C'mon I look like your chauffeur! I'm a surgeon, not a chauffeur!", Omar whined and Anabiya chuckled while Sanaya enjoyed the banter.

"Chauffeurs don't wear expensive suits and they also don't throw tantrums. Drive now.", Anabiya teased some more and Omar playfully narrowed his eyes at her.

"Not fair.", he muttered and Anabiya smirked.

"Sanaya come ahead. I ain't driving until one of you comes forward.", Omar stated as he crossed his arms and leaned into the seat as if relaxing.

Sanaya declined and Omar shrugged.

"Cool then. I won't drive.", Omar said as he was in no mood to sit alone and risk his 'reputation' by looking like a chauffeur.

Anabiya sighed and shook her head as she knew Omar didn't take her joke as she was expecting and so she leaned over and first put her left leg just ahead of the passenger seat and then her right one as she shifted from the back seat to the passenger seat.

Omar smiled in content as he started the car.

"I knew you would come ahead.", he smirked and Anabiya rolled her eyes.

"Yeah because I was getting late."

And with the banter still going on between them, they drove towards the Saeed Industries.

.....................

Have you ever felt a sharp, excruciating pain.... As if someone is piercing a nail inside your head as if it's a wall?

Well Arhaan felt the same at the very moment.

The traffic of Mumbai was making the matters worse.

Arhaan groaned as again felt a throbbing pain and he violently massaged his forehead and with a swift turn, parked his car.

The motion was so swift that the screeching of tires made a horrible noise and every person who heard it, had their heads turn towards the source of the sound.

As soon as Arhaan stepped out of his car, the employees, the guards and every person present in the premises knew that Arhaan was not at his best behaviour right now.

Credit goes to his messy hair, scrunched up eyebrows and a tight jaw.

Arhaan banged his car door shut and as he walked towards the office entrance, he heard someone call out his name.

Sanaya took long strides and smiled as soon as she reached towards Arhaan.

"Hey!", Sanaya shyly greeted and Arhaan tried his best to give a genuine smile.

He obviously wasn't in favour of giving Sanaya a taste of his bitter mood.

Like it wasn't her fault that he was stuck in this situation.

Oh boy! So oblivious he was to the fact that Sanaya did have a role in this heartbreaking mess.

"Assalamualaikum!", Anabiya greeted and Arhaan immediately looked at her, his eyes automatically finding their way towards her face and his heart felt a breeze of peace.

"Walekumassalam....", Arhaan smiled but then he realised Omar was present too.

"How are you doing, Miss Malik, Omar?", Arhaan questioned and nodded in acknowledgement.

Omar replied as he shook hands with Arhaan and Sanaya smiled contentedly.

Anabiya watched the two guys talk about boring stuff and she impatiently tapped her legs on the ground while Sanaya joined the boys in the conversation.

"We should really meet over a coffee!", Omar suggested and Arhaan literally choked on air as he made a funny face but quickly covered it with a cough.

Only Anabiya noticed the quick reaction and it took every ounce of her energy to not laugh.

"A football game will be better, don't you think?", Arhaan suggested instead and Omar chuckled.

"Yep sounds good!", Omar agreed and then looked at his watch.

"Oh I should leave now. Got some cases to look after. See ya!", Omar headed off and Arhaan smiled back.

Arhaan's smile immediately turned into a grimace and his face hardened as he saw Omar giving a side hug to Anabiya who awkwardly leaned in to the hug.

And as everyone made their way to their respective destinations, two people just had each other on their minds, and they weren't even aware.

Tragic, isn't it?
.....................................................

"You wanted me to express my love for you in words so I mentioned you in all my prayers....."

Anabiya couldn't concentrate on any of her work today. After correcting the data work for the fifth time, she proofread it and sighed.

She had to get it signed by Arhaan before submitting it and our girl was in a dilemma.

She still wasn't sure about seeing Arhaan alone after what Sanaya told her at Ruhina's engagement party.

But she couldn't let her personal life mix with her professional life, right?

So she again sighed and made her way towards Arhaan's office.

Whereas our Arhaan too was distracted. He wasn't truly fond of Omar, for obvious reasons ofcourse and seeing the girl he loved with someone else was killing him.

Arhaan ruffled his hair frustratingly and that's when his phone rang.

Arhaan received it in the first ring and sighed.

"Humaid, this is messy. This is all a mess.", Arhaan confessed about his grief and Humaid was glad he decided to call him.

Humaid knew it was Monday and today would be the first day his brother will be seeing Anabiya since that night of big 'announcements' and he knew it would be difficult.

And he was right. Arhaan was suffering.

"Arhaan.... listen. Gather your thoughts, gather yourself. Gather the mess.", Humaid said, sternly.

"No chains can bind me mentally.... emotionally.", Arhaan slowly said and Humaid had goosebumps because of the weight of his brother's words and the shaking tone.

"You want me to come there?", Humaid asked and Arhaan laughed a bitter laugh as he declined.

"Y'know Omar stopped by today. Came off to drop Anabiya and Sanaya. Damn mahn! He's so boring! I mean c'mon man he's twenty four, two years elder to me and he's your age, but he was talking as if he has already reached his retirement date.", Arhaan said and Humaid laughed.

"He's not boring, Arhaan. Maybe you didn't cut him a slack.",

Arhaan was about to protest when he heard a meek knock and he saw Anabiya's reflection through the glass door.

Arhaan quickly ended the call and Anabiya entered.

She passed on the file of documents towards Arhaan who quickly turned the pages, signing where it was required.

"Read them atleast.", Anabiya said and Arhaan paused. After a second he again started to flip the pages and continued signing them.

"I trust you.", Arhaan said, his voice barely above a whisper.

Anabiya raised her left brow in confusion.

"What? I didn't hear you, Sir.", Anabiya questioned and Arhaan cleared his throat.

"Nothing.", he denied, thankful that Anabiya didn't hear him.

Little did he know that she heard his words which made her heart feel another bliss, yet pain.

"Anabiya, collect your letter from the main desk from Mrs. Coutinho.", Arhaan said, carefully observing Anabiya's expression.

"Which letter?", she questioned, confused.

"We loved your service here but we won't be needing it here anymore.", Arhaan said and Anabiya smirked.

"Thankyou. It was great working with you and The Saeed Industries.", Anabiya said and Arhaan was a bit surprised by Anabiya's such chilled out attitude.

"We're not removing you. You'll be a part of Saeed Industries but you'll be now working for Humaid at Aifa.", Arhaan revealed and Anabiya slowly nodded.

Anabiya knew Arhaan was messing around with her when he hinted he was firing her. But she was a bit shocked to hear that he was actually transferring her to Aifa Limited , but to be honest she was glad. Seeing Arhaan on a daily basis, well actually hourly basis was difficult for her. So yes, she being transferred to another branch of the same company sounded prudent to her from the career point of view and also it would give her emotions a break too.

"You didn't look worried when I kind of pretended to fire you....",Arhaan voiced out his thoughts and Anabiya chuckled.

"I believe in myself and my work. I've been working with full dedication and efficiency. So you have got no reason to fire me.", Anabiya confidently said and Arhaan smiled, impressed.

"It's brave...  the way you believe in yourself!", and those words which left Arhaan's mouth had a different effect on Anabiya and her soul and she gave a painful smile.

If only she could be that brave to admit her feelings towards him.

"I must leave. Thankyou.", she said and almost ran out of his office just like the way she walked out of his life.

.......................

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

561K 36.5K 43
Highest ranking : #1 in spiritual on 24.2.2018, 24.4.2018 & 4. 5.2018 #2 in spiritual on 14.10.2017 & 11.11.2017 #3 in spiritual on 11.10.2017 , 15...
599K 32K 54
💞Winner of Infinity Awards 2018👑💞 Assalamualaikum and hii everyone thanks for choosing my book to read. hey don't worry I'm not going to bore you...
103K 8K 64
This is book one which is completed but you can find the continuation of this book YOU ARE THE EVERYTHING I NEED. ----------+++++++++-----++++++++++...
1.1K 4 16
"Words that I can't share." She always believed, her presence in someone's life was nothing but a bad sign. "Then comes in me, a girl silently retre...