Smithereens || reddie

By notcoincidental

I wanna kiss him even though it will ruin everything so I don't ...but he does. - - - - I'm really sorry the... More

"The Girlfriend"
"Eddie spagetti"
"My Journal"
"I dont Blame Her"
"are you ok"
"lets go"
GONE
cracker barrel
" surprise birthday party"
"The Plan"
"Surprise Bitch"
"The Sleepover"
"Dont let go"
"Happy Fucking Birthday Rich"
"Im A Goner"
"Thanks Mom"
"I Dont Want You To Die"
"A McDonalds Worker"
"Camp of eden"
"Love who you love
"Stan, I love you"
"Stay with me"
"Im sorry bill"
"Perfect To Me"
"I Am Who I Am"
"Yellow Duct Tape"
"The Concert"
"The Concert" Part 2.
"Give him space"
"I Knew You Would Stay"
"What Surgery?"
"He's Alive"
"The date"
"I love y- BOOM"
"In The Void"
"Dangerrrr"
"Ceramic Owl"
"Bad Things Always Happen At Partys"
"I Just Lost Someone I love"
"Sorry Won't Fix A Broken Heart"
"Daddy Issues"
"Sick Means Sick and I'm not Sick"
"The Puppy"
"We are gonna get a cat"
Birdcage
"An Exorcism"
I love you
Everything i wanted
Home
3k YAAYYY!!
Homework

"Hawkins"

989 25 78
By notcoincidental

Eddies POV

We all eat, Beverly brought the best snacks in the world. I took my fanny pack off and set it on the table because it's hard to sit down with it on. When I set it down one of the medicine bottles rolls out. I pick it up and I see my moms name. I scrunch up my mouth like I'm holding in tears cuz I am. I shove it in my fanny pack.

Eddie: I hate my mom

Bill: dont say that

Eddie: No, Bill you have supportive parents who care. I've never had that.

Bill: What do you mean she's not supportive?

Eddie: it's nothing.

Beverly: did something happen?

Stan: What happened? Tell us.

Richie: if he doesn't want to tell us he doesn't have to.

Stan: Easy for you to say, you probably already know.

Richie: What's that mean?

Millie: it just means you and Eddie are close.

Richie: bullshit! It's his choice. It has nothing to do with me.

Max: Richie, calm down.

Ben: Guys stop fightin-

Richie: You just want to get in everyone's business Stan.

Stan: no I don't, I just care about Eddie and if something's going on I want to know.

Richie: that is such a lie.

Bill: Richie, he does care.

Richie: if he cared so much he would respect people's privacy!

Stan: fuck you!

Mike: Guys calm dow-

They were all screaming at each other. Richie screaming at Stan. Stan screaming at Richie. Bill and max screaming at Richie to stop yelling at Stan. Beverly and Millie yelling Stan to just quit asking me. Mike and will yelling at everyone to just calm down. And then there was me and Ben. Ben looking disappointed and sad. It's his birthday and everyone was fighting over me. I knew I had to do something.

Eddie: guys?

Everyone just continues yelling. Like I'm not even there.

I stand up and throw my fork down on the fold out table Millie bought.

Eddie: GUYS!

Everyone looks at me. Everyone stops yelling and just stares at me with guilt in their eyes.

Eddie: it's bens birthday and you all are acting like a bunch of immature fucking year olds. Seriously? You guys are unbelievable.

I sit back down and pick up my fork and start eating. Everyone slowly and quietly sits down.

Eddie: if y-you haven't figured out already. I'm gay. And I know you guys would be supportive I mean bill came out a while ago stan was at least brave enough to come out to his close friends. Millie's out now. Richie came out to us. But I just thought that I should come out to my mom before I came out to you guys. I guess because I knew you guys would support me. I told my mom. She didn't take it that well.

I feel them all staring at me. I'm just looking at my food but I feel like all their eyes are on me. I hated that feeling. But I continued to speak.

Eddie: She kicked me out (choking up) she said I was an ungrateful fag. I packed up my stuff and left. I remember her screaming at me as I walked out. I don't know what I'm gonna do. But Richie offered to let me live at his place. At least until I figure out what to do. That's why I hate my mom.

Everyone in the group was silent. I build up the courage to look up from plate and at them all. Stan was nearly in tears and Bill was just biting his lips with a single tear running down his face. Richie was staring at his plate.

Ben: why didn't you tell us?

I look at Ben. His face was in shock.

Eddie: because. It's your birthday. It's your day not mine.

Ben gives me a sorry smile.

Eddie: I'm scared guys. I'm really fucking scared. And I don't know what to do. Ive always called myself a loser. But I didn't really realize how much I had to lose. (Crying) I have no home. I have no mom. I have nothing. Besides you guys. And I can't afford to lose you guys too.

Bill is the first one to stand and then Millie and then everyone else starts to get it.
They all start walking over to me. They are all hugging me now. I'm crying my eyes out. Everyone was just hugging me while I was crying. My face was completely covered in tears. I just cried. It seemed like the season finale that everyone talks about and makes edits of but it wasn't, it was real life. I imagine some sad cover of heroes by David Bowie or the night we met by lord Huron to be playing. It was a moment. It IS a moment. That I will always remember.

Stan: we are fucking losers.

We all laugh

Eddie: *sniff* yeah, we really are.

Everyone slowly breaks from the hug. We laugh and smile. And then Beverly runs over to the retro radio and turns it up. Some 50s song was playing. And she just smiles real big even though she was just crying.

Beverly: present time!

Everyone cracks up including Beverly.

Mike: open mine first

Ben starts unwrapping his first gift.

Ben: BEATS!!!!

they were big bright blue beats head phones.

Ben: thank you!!

He puts them on and does a little dance in them.

Beverly: now mine!

Ben starts unwrapping to reveal a huge "New Kids On The Block" poster.

He rolls his eyes.

Ben: thanks

He opens present after present. Each one better than the last. Besides the beats headphones. Those are like 200 dollars but I think mike is friends with someone that works at Best Buy.

*after the birthday party*

Richie: ok time to go home

Max: hey,Will do you still wanna go to Hawkins?

Will: of course. I still want to see Dustin and Lucas and eleven and my God mother, Steve and nanc- *pause*
What about Jonathan, he would kill to see Nancy one last time

Max: I dont think he would let us go to Hawkins for a night

Will: yes he would, he knows how to drive and that means my mom will probably be ok with Jonathan and me going and then we dont have to use a old car that might break down. Richie are you fine with staying over at my house.

Richie: let me just call my parents

Richie steps away to call his mom.

Eddie: why do you want to see eleven and Mike even though they hurt you

Will: they protected me before they hurt me Mike is still my bestfriend and eleven, she's still saved my life risking her own, and she didnt even know me then, I didn't even meet her yet and she still risked her life for mine. She's my friend, I'm happy for her even if that means I can't be with mike.

Eddie: again, you gotta explain this whole eleven stuff

Max: we'll explain when we get to will's house

Richie: ok she said yes

*at will's house*

Will's mom opens the door. She gets a big smile on her face.

Joyce: Hi, hi max, I see some new faces, what's your guys names.

Will: mooooooom

Richie: I'm richie

Eddie: I'm Eddie

Will: mom I am going to tell you something you are probably not gonna like but you have to let us do this.

Joyce: what?

Will pushes past his mom expecting us to follow but we wait for Joyce to let us in. She opens the door up wider and we all walk in the house. It's small. Cute. Kind of empty since they just moved in. But you know maybe put some pictures up. Get a nice coffee table with cute coasters. It will look great in time.
We all go inside and explain everything to joyce and Jonathan.

Joyce: I-I I dont know what to say
I want you to see your friends but I dont want you to step a foot in that town, not again.

Will: but I'll be safe Jonathan will be with me at all times and el closed the gate, it cant hurt me.

Jonathan: mom I promise I'll stay with him

Joyce: no I'm sorry but I'm not risking it

Jonathan: mom, wouldn't you give anything to see hopper again

Will: please, we'll be safe

She looks at Jonathan and then at Will. I can tell she wants to do it but I think she's scared of regretting it

Joyce: you'll be safer with an adult
I'll go

Max: thank you, thank you mrs. Byers!

Max stands up and hugs joyce.

Joyce: we can take the van and go to Hawkins for spring break.

Richie: what about me, I wasnt planning on coming

Eddie: please can you come?

He gives me a confused annoyed face. He looks around. He looks at Will and then at max and then back at me.

Eddie: please?

He raises his eyebrows

Richie: fine

Joyce: omg I can't believe I'm doing this, well you guys should probably get some rest

Will: ok, thank you so much mom, not any other mom on this planet would do this.

Joyce: ok goodnight you guys

We all go into wills bedroom.

Will: ok who's gonna sleep on the bed with me and who's gonna sleep on the floor

Richie: my back kinda really hurts lately so I would like to sleep in the bed

Eddie: but rich I wan- nevermind

I'm kinda disappointed cause i want to sleep by richie but oh freaking well me and max are gonna have a great fucking time on the floor.

Eddie: can you guys explain the eleven thing now

Max: well we aren't the best people to explain that.

Eddie: what do you mean

Max: I wasnt there for most of it and will was-

Will: in the upside down, I'll tell you what i can but you won't believe it and Mike and Lucas will explain the rest.

Richie: there's some stuff if we tell you guys you'll think we're crazy

Will: wanna bet?

Richie: You have no idea.

Will goes on to explain eleven and the upside down and the demogorgon and the mind flayer which confuses me and rich. I honestly believe them but I don't richie does. I mean if pennywise was real why can't the demogorgon be real. They talked about Hawkins and hopper and then that lead to pennywise and Georgie and fears and it turned out we stayed up till 2:00 am talking.

Will: shiiiiiiiit its 2

Richie: we should get to bed

Richie gets up and walks towards me I hug him tight and tell him goodnight and we all go to sleep.

*3:00 am*

Max: (whispering) hey Eddie are you asleep

Eddie: no I cant sleep

We both turn around to face each other.

Max: me neither. I cant stop thinking about Lucas,(tearing up but smiling) I remember when me and him and Dustin and Steve were in the middle of nowhere setting up bait for the demodogs we were building this big fortress thing outta scrap medal and I just felt so strong i felt brave, I felt unstoppable when I was with him.
(Giggle) and I felt like I could do anything, be anything I know that sounds insane, but sometimes I think I'm going insane.

Eddie: sometimes we think we are going insane but really it's just the world going insane around us

She smiles at me. I can tell she's worried. I feel bad, her boyfriend just got shot.

Max: well goodnight Eddie

Eddie: wait, max. Are you okay?

Max: no, not really.

Eddie: Well just know you can literally tell me anything.

Max: thanks.

Eddie: goodnight.

*morning*

Richie: WAKE UP BITCHES

Max: you dont need to wake me, I stayed up all night

Eddie: max, you need sleep

Max: I'll sleep in the car

We all get up and get changed and get ready and leave.

Joyce: are you ready

All: let's go

We all get in the car. Joyce has a mini van so Jonathan is in the passenger seat and will and max are in the middle and me and rich are in the back. We plan to not take a break at night since we have Jonathan who will just take over the shift. Max is getting some sleep, she has headphones in and sleeping on her neck pillow, she kinda looks fabulous today she has this big oversized purple sweater and her hair was in a bun, like how iconic. Will was playing on his phone, Jonathan was sleeping so he'll be ready to take the night shift of driving. Me and richie were in the back of the car just playing on our phones and thinking. It was peaceful for the most part. We brought a bunch of snacks so I was eating some pretzels.

*3 hours later/11:00*

We all were awake besides Jonathan. He had big headphones on and I guess couldn't hear us all scream singing queen. Me and will had the higher parts, richie and max and joyce had the lower parts. After that we kinda settled down. We talked and laughed and had fun. Right now its night and everyone is asleep besides Jonathan who is driving and me idk if richie is asleep or faking it either way he had his eyes closed. Maybe I should get some rest, I try laying down(btw in the back of a mini van there are 3 seats so you can lay down) on top of richie, he doesn't wake up that's how I know he's asleep because if he wasnt he would want me to fuck off. He is very warm, and comfortable. I look at the ceiling of the car and then out the window. I see the lights going by. My eyes are getting tired..........

*morning*

Max: wake up, wake up, wake up, WAKE THE FUCK UP

Richie: ugh get the fuck off me.

I sit up and look around turns out we stopped at a gas station. I look at my phone and see that its 4:30 am. Joyce is leading in gas while will is inside the gas station. I get up and get out the car and go in the gas station to go to the bathroom.

I come back out to the car, will was there and joyce was done with the gas. We start driving. We see a big sign that says "Welcome To Hawkins"

Eddie: we are in Hawkins

All: WE'RE IN HAWKINS YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY

Max: *laugh* I'm finally gonna see him

Will: I'm gonna be able to see Dustin and Lucas and el and Mike and Steve. I hope Lucas is ok.

Joyce stops at a hospital building.

Joyce: come on get out

I didnt think we would stop at the hospital first, and apparently neither did max.

Max: we're at the hospital?

Will: what do you think?

We all get out and start walking into the hospital. As we walk I hold richies hand, and he let's me, I'm surprised. Max looks more excited than she's ever been and Will is smiling like the Cheshire Cat.

We walk in and max runs up to the front desk, what room is Lucas Sinclair in. She talks to the desk lady and we follow her upstairs. She leads us to a long weird hallway.

Max: what room did she say 30-

Dustin: MAX, YOU MADE IT

Max & will: DUSTIN

Their eyes go white. They look at him for a minute before They both run up to him and give em a hug.

Dustin: I've missed you guys so much, it was hard without you.

Max: I know.

Will: Jesus, you look exactly the same.

Dustin: it's only been a month.

Max: that's felt like a year.

They all laugh and then max looks at the door. 3054

Max: is he in there?

Dustin: yeah, so is Steve

Max takes a deep breath. In and out.
Max slowly opens the door to reveal a kid on a hospital bed and a teenager watching him.

Steve: kids, max, will, Jonathan?

We all look at this Steve guy and they give him a hug. (Besides rich and Ed's)

Lucas: (quietly) max?

Max turns around and looks at Lucas. It's like for the past month everything was in black and white but as soon as she saw Lucas, she started to see color again.

Max: lucas

She runs up to him and kisses him.

Max: I'm sorry, this is my fault I should've been there and we should've kicked Billy and his dad out and stayed in Hawkins, I'm sorry

Lucas: dont be, I did this to myself

Will: hey Lucas

Lucas: WILL

Will: hey man

We stay in the hospital for about an hour.

Joyce: I think we should probably go to Mike's house or hopper's.

Jonathan: can we go to the wheelers first

Joyce: yeah sure, I called hopper and he said that eleven was at the wheelers along with Mike.

We leave the hospital and get in the car and start driving.

Richie: hey are you ok

I guess he noticed me chewing my lip and breathing heavy. I was just thinking. I just wanna snuggle with richie and I wish we were closer like I wanna be in a relationship with him but I'm just scared. He passed out literally yesterday.

Eddie: yeah I'm fine

Richie: are you sure

I look him in his eyes and grab his hand.

Eddie: I'm........fine

Richie: you just seem a little unsteady, are you homesick.

Eddie: how can I be homesick when I'm already home.

He gives me a confused face.

Richie: Ed's your not home, are you sure you're ok?

Eddie: I'm with you and that's more home than derry will ever be.

I turn and look out the window and see the cars pass by that usually helps me relax.

Joyce: we are here, now I already called Karen but Nancy and Mike and eleven have no idea so let's surprise them.

We walk up to this big house, Mike's family must be pretty wealthy. Joyce knocks on the door 3 times, the door swings open to reveal a woman and her 4 yr old daughter.

Karen: hiiiii how aaare you

Joyce: I'm fine

Karen: on so the kids should be getting back in about 10 minutes so come inside.

We walk into this beautiful, clean, humble home and we follow joyce to the living room. We sit down on the couch. Will is looking around smiling, I guess this house brings back memories.

*10 minutes later*

Karen: hi kids guess who's here

Mike walks in the house along with I'm guessing eleven and nancy. They walked into the house and Nancy went straight upstairs not noticing us while Mike started going downstairs to his basement and then noticed that eleven was standing in the living room doorway staring at us. Her face is in shock.

Eleven: will?

Will smiles big. Max is almost in tears.

Mike: eleven, come on I wanna show yo-

He walks to the doorway of the living room. And sees will and max. He smiles.

Mike: WILL! MAX!

Will & max: EL, MIKE

Will and max run up to eleven and Mike and give them hugs. They are touching each other's faces like they haven't seen each other in years.

Nancy: did I hear will and max

Jonathan: Nancy?

Nancy: Jonathan? OMG JONATHAN

We hear stomps on the stairs as she is running down the stairs.
Nancy runs over to Jonathan and gives him a hug.

I look at Mike and then at richie and then back at Mike, I start uncontrollably laughing. They look so alike it's weird. Like they are the same person.

Richie: what's so funny?

Eddie: (laughing) you and Mike look exactly alike, like there is no difference like you guys are twins.

Karen: yeah, that is very strange

Richie: you know eleven kinda looks like millie

Eddie: you know she kinda does

(Jack is the fucking most beautiful person ever)

(We are gonna marry one day)

Eleven: who are you

Richie: oh I'm richie and this is Eddie

Max: their friends from Derry

Joyce: I should book an hotel room

Karen: no, you guys can stay here.

Joyce: but there's 6 of us

Karen: Mike wouldn't mind having a slumber party after all he was hiding a girl in the basement for a week.

Mike: yeah I guess we can all sleep in the basement

Max: even you

Mike: well if everyone else is sleeping in the basement I dont want to sleep in my bed.

Joyce: well if you kids wanna stay here while I go see hopper that's fine

Mike: we can play D&D

Will: just like we used too

Everyone runs downstairs so I assume to follow them.

I can see them setting up some stuff on the table.

Mike: I've been working on this so long waiting for someone to come and play.

Everyone sits down. I sit down next to rich on the couch.

Richie: what are you guys playing

Eddie: D&D

Richie: nerds

Richie pulls out his phone and starts playing a game.

(I just realized when they were watching Netflix I mentioned richie has seen stranger things so we are just going to ignore that)

I watch this game of dungeons and dragons. I look at Mike, he does look exactly like richie, its strange. It kinda bothers me. I guess I was staring at Mike for a while because I feel a pinch on my arm.

Eddie: ow, what was that for

It was richie.

Richie: (whispering) youre staring

Eddie: (whispering) yeah cause he looks exactly like you and that's fucking weird.

It was weird, they even sound the same and move the same the only thing different is their personality. They have completely different personality's.

Ok I hope you enjoyed this chapter, it was very long and hard and cringy. I know no one is reading this because it turns out the "reads" I'm getting are just from me accidently clicking my own story so if your reading this, all I wanna say is thank you and Jack Dylan grazer is my husband soooo yeah thank you and bye)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

113K 5.2K 14
BRUISED | ❝stay soft, eds. it looks beautiful on you.❞ It's 1993 and the summer from many years ago is dead and gone. Many have drifted apart from th...
2.9K 143 18
I thought of a story title- So yes, ignore the following paragraph lol I don't know if it goes with it, but I can't think of anything better. A new...
479K 11.8K 52
any kind of reddie oneshots (leave any requests in the comments)
250K 7.1K 20
Before I knew it my shirt was torn away from my torso and tossed on the floor, Charlie's doing the same. Our kiss intensified and I felt him groan ag...