The Arising: A New Start of L...

Od SNovaC

The Arising: A New Start of Life Set in The Arising Universe First Book In The Arising Series A Group Of Stu... Více

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Authors Note

Chapter 31

109 13 0
Od SNovaC

I looked out at the oval. I saw everyone working on the fence. When we took back Underdale a few people from Adelaide Oval and Mount Barker decided to come with us to Underdale and live in our Safe Zone instead. Most of them were building the fences. The gate to the school was open so I walked out towards the construction crew to help them. We walked past Alleigh on the way.

"Morning" I said.

"Hey" Alleigh said.

"What's the number of Walkers that have come?" I said.

"Around about five so far" Alleigh said.

"Ok" I said patting her on the shoulder.

I walked to the end of the oval. I saw Jeremy walking up to me. Jeremy was one of the people that came to Underdale from the Adelaide Oval.

"Hello Jeremy. How's the current progress at?" I asked.

"Hello. Um, we have one more sheet to put up which should take around five minutes than we will start to add the support beams. Which should take around two hours maybe" Jeremy answered.

"Good. Keep up the good work" I said.

I walked up to the rest of the construction crew.

"You guys need any help?" I asked.

"Nope. Let us do it all. You all got us here. It's the least we could do" Marc said.

Marc was from Mount Barker. He is very pale and has big curly black hair. He was really skinny as well and was a little bit smaller then me. He was also one year older then me.

"Thank you" I said smiling.

"HEY! WHY DIDN'T YOU WAKE ME UP!" Megan screamed as she was running up to me.

"You needed the rest" I said.

"No I didn't I wanted to help with the fence!" Megan said.

"Well it's too late now. Look" I said pointing to them putting the last sheet on.

"No! Dammit!" Megan shouted.

"Ha keep it down a little honey. We don't want Walkers to hear you" I said.

"But I really wanted to help" Megan said.

"It's ok you can probably help with the support beams. Just go ask Jeremy over there if you can help and he will show you what to do" I said.

"Ok!" Megan said stomping off proudly over to Jeremy.

"Morning" Hunter said.

"Good Morning" I said turning around.

Hunter looked very cute in the mornings. She would always wear this wooly grey long sleeve shirt I gave her. The sleeves were way to long for her arms so the sleeves would go past her hands. She would never roll the sleeves up. She likes them hanging down. She looks very cute like this. Her hair would always be messy too and her eyes would be practically closed shut.

I hugged Hunter and gave her a kiss on the forehead. She rested her chin on the top of my collarbone and kissed my neck. She put her arms around me and hugged me.

"How come you didn't wake us up?" Hunter asked.

"I thought that you could of used the sleep" I said.

"Yeah. I did need it" Hunter smiled.

"When's the arts and craft session that we are taking Megan to?" Hunter asked.

"I think it's in a hour or so" I said.

Hunter turned her head around and looked over at Megan. I looked at Megan as well. She was helping carry buckets with Jeremy. They were empty buckets though, while Jeremy was carrying the buckets filled with cement.

"Ha. Look at our little girl. She's already helping this community out. Can't wait to see what she's gonna be like when she's older" Hunter said.

"You should of seen her walking to Jeremy. She was on top of the world" I said.

"I've got to get to work, I'll see you in a bit ok?" Hunter said.

"Yeah, I'll see ya. Love you" I said kissing Hunter on her lips.

"I love you more" Hunter said walking away.

"I love you more!" I yelled.

"No, I love you even more!" Hunter yelled.

Hunter walked off to her guard post. I turned around to help the guys out with the support beams. Megan was jumping with joy because she could help out. She's growing fast. Maturing fast. She may still be very energetic but she's growing. Tomorrow I have to go out to Tungkillo because Mabel wants to talk to me about something. She's been nagging me about coming to live at Underdale but I said we need more communities. Each community plays a role.

Adelaide Oval provides water thanks to the river near by and their water filter, they also provide materials for building. Mount Barker provides food, medical supplies and services like patrolling and construction. Tungkillo provides weaponry, they have experienced black smiths there but as it is a very small community it can only hold a few people. Lastly Underdale provides ammo and guns, safety and high accommodation, but soon we will be able to provide water thanks to the river near by, food and survival training.

Together we help each other. But Mount Barker aren't doing too well. Around about 75% of their crops have died. So tomorrow I'm taking a group of people out to look for supplies to get them back on their feet. But there's a few people who think Mount Barker don't deserve help.

All of our efforts for people that tried to kill us. But people don't understand that most of them were just workers who didn't even pick up a gun to fight us. Some of them are changed fighters who decided to go on our side, and some are still the same. They keep a low profile and still worship Thomas. Ana is a good leader though. She can change things there. I know she can.

I helped Marc put up the support beam. We then added a little bit of concrete that we had, then filled it in with dirt. After a few hours we had finished. Once it was finished I marked out the area we are using as a training area and I marked out where the crops will be. The oval was three soccer fields together, so we had a lot of room for crops. The construction crew all huddled together around me. Megan ran over to me and held me hand.

"Tomorrow I will be going out to Tungkillo because Mabel wants to ask me something. Afterwards I will be taking a large group of people around five to eleven people to go out into the city to look for tools we can use to help Mount Barker out. But we also need to look for seeds for us to plant. We already have a few thanks to the Adelaide Oval but we need more of a variety. So when some crops die in winter some will grow in winter so we can eat them in different seasons. Who ever would like to come talk to me later about it. Thank you" I said patting Megan's head.

"Can I come?" Megan asked.

I got down on my knees to look at Megan from face to face.

"Megan. I've told you. You're not old enough yet. Once we have the training area up you can train and once you are able to protect yourself you can come with me. I love how you are wanting to help. But not just yet ok" I said.

"Ok" Megan said.

"Come on you're late for arts and craft" I said.

I took Megan to the art room so she can draw things. Every week they have a drawing thing on that Megan loves. Once I dropped of a slightly disappointed Megan at the arts and craft class I walked over to Hunter to sit with her at her guard watch.

"Hey" I said as I climbed up.

"Oh hey babe. How's the expansion going?" Hunter asked.

"We finished it. Tomorrow I'm taking a group out to get some plants and farming equipment both for us and Mount Barker" I said.

Hunter sighed.

"Sam. I don't think we should help Mount Barker out with their food issues. I think we should just let Ana handle it for now and once Mount Barker has something to trade we start helping them. It's just a suggestion" Hunter said.

"You know we have to help people out. They helped us out before their food died. If we help them out we will make a better relationship with them as well. If we want to have a future we have to be on their good side" I said.

"Well I hope you're right..... But what about Murray Bridge?" Hunter said.

"We haven't seen them since the war. They don't look like they want to help us out so we aren't helping them. If they want to hide away and not ever come out then let them do that. Screw Anthony" I said.

"Screw him indeed" Hunter smiled.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

12.1K 861 27
Natalie will have a lot of choices to make, to help strangers or to walk away? She is thrown into many different situations she's not sure she's rea...
26.8K 1.7K 66
A sickness starts to spread over the world, a virus that has no cure.. it causes sick victims turn into the living dead and long for living meat. How...
1.7K 163 31
The Arising: Our Community Set in The Arising Universe Third Book In The Arising Series Sam Is Alone. He Comes Across A New Group Of People Who Do Th...
96 4 6
Based in the comic "The Walking Dead" universe, this story follows a different group throughout their survival journey through the trials. Can this g...