Perennial Love

By AnushaBhatt15

Hello to the reader there! First of all thank you so much to stop by my story and giving it a try... This is... More

Disclaimer and copyrights
Character sketch
1. Dream to Reality
2. A Lifeless Life
3. Only a squad or more?
4. Something's different
Thank You
5. Out Of The Blue
6. The nightmares
8. The meet up
9. Plans
10. The Party!
11. What the hell happened?
Apology!
12. Is This A Joke?
13. Is this only a game?
14. Friends Like Family
15. The After Effects
16. The Gathering
17. Something's Fishy
18. Friends turned Spy
19. It's just the start
20. Lost in the woods
Cover!!!
21. The unexpected!!!
22. The Attack!
23. The confrontation
24. Past revelation (part 1)
25. Past revelation (part 2)
26. Truth revelation
Important
27. The return of life
28. The doctor's words
29. First client and the first move
30. A surprise after a surprise
31. Turn of events
32. The plan tumbling down
33. The reality hit
34. Mothers gone crazy
35. Reject or accept?
36. When is the wedding?
37. The bond of rings
38. Stealing special moments
39. Shopping Day (part 1)
40. Shopping day (part 2)
41. It's mehendi!
42. Coaxing her
Author's note!
Promo
43. It's time for Sangeet!
44. String of misunderstandings
45. A strange change
46. Days pass so quickly!
47. Finally they talk!
48. His love
49. Her feelings
50. The new family member!
51. Living the dream
52. Here it begins!
53. Sweet games
Author's note
54. The little things
55. Fire in the eyes
56. Deja vu
57. Sharon Rai Prakash
58. The dreadful hours
59. She remembers!
60. Their Perennial Love
Trailer!
Epilogue
Lets chat!
Bonus Chapter 1

7. They are always there

533 31 34
By AnushaBhatt15

(Edited- 30-07-2020)

_______________

Swayam's POV

"Good evening Swayu." mom wished me as soon as I entered my home. 'Swayu' is what she calls me as a nick name.

"Good evening mom." I wished back placing my office bag on the table and sat on the sofa leaning against it, trying to find the comfort after a long hectic day.

"Go and freshen up quick, I will arrange the dinner." she said and I immediately looked at her in a 'not in a mood to eat look'.

"No! I am not going to listen today. I have prepared your favourite dishes myself and you must eat it." she said sternly like a strict mom and I obeyed her like an obedient child and left for my room.

I quickly freshened up and went down to have dinner. I Don't know after how many weeks we were eating together again. The dinner was quiet, as usual. We both tried to talk to each other but all efforts went in vain. I finished my food and got up to leave for room.

"You look tired... I think it was a hectic day." finally mom spoke.

"Yup, it was. With lots of meetings back to back." I said with a faint smile.

"Okay, go and take rest. Good night." mom said faking a smile too. I knew it was a fake one.

"Good night." I replied and left from there.

Back into my room, I placed my laptop on the table as I had to finish some of the work today itself. I was very much tired but work is work! There are no excuses. After some time I had finished and closed the laptop. I rested my head in my palm leaning forward as I had invited a headache now, working all the time.

I was slightly massaging my forehead to get relieved from the ache but I felt someone else's hand caressing my hair. I looked up and saw my mom smiling at me.

"Ma, you here? This late... I mean haven't you slept yet?" I asked her confused. She was the one who would sleep early everyday.

"Yes, I saw you were very tired and stressed downstairs and thought to why not help you out of it!" She said and I was confused. What did she mean? Then I saw that she was holding a bowl in other hand. I immediately smiled at her and made her sit on the couch and I sat on the floor happily.

Oh wow! What a relief! I sometimes wonder how a pair of hands can do wonders. My mom was massaging my head by applying oil and I was enjoying it to the fullest. It had been long time what seemed to be like ages since she had done this and believe me, nothing is better than a mother's head massage to relieve an headache.

"Swayam?" Mom asked.

"Hmmm." I responded as I knew she had to ask something.

"I know you. You don't need to pretend anything to me. You are stressed and tired nowadays too much. Take care of yourself beta... I even know that you skip meals every now and then." she said to me and I was left with no words. Even I was fooling around whom? My mother? She would ofcourse read me in and out. I remained quiet and didn't reply anything.

"Don't skip your meals and one more thing, I am always here for you Swayu. I am always." she said and till now she had finished with the massage.

I couldn't control it anymore and I turned towards her and saw her with tears forming in my eyes. She caressed my cheeks lightly with her palm and I rested my head in her lap. I missed my mom so much. I just wanted to be in her embrace for ages and always feel protected and blessed but my life was more like a bane to me!

"I know mom. Everything happens for a reason, but sometimes I wish I knew what the reason was. I just wish..." I let my heart out after some silence and couldn't help few tears leaving my eyes.

"You know Swayam, life is very ironic. It takes sadness to know what happiness is, noise to appreciate silence and absence to value the presence." she said with a heavy voice which was an evidence that she was also crying.

"Why it has to be me mom?" I asked her and she was running her hands in my hair lovingly.

"Because God gives the hardest battles to his strongest soldiers! Keep your head always up!" She said and it was surprisingly soothing to my ears. We just stayed in that position for some time until my phone rang and disturbed our moment. I pulled myself out and I reached my hand out to the table to check who would call at this hour. Rey! No wonder who else it could be! The Mr. Perfect Timing. Always pops up from anywhere.

I silenced my phone and turned to mom. She was wiping off the corner of her eyes. She saw me and cupped my face and pecked my forehead. I immediately hugged her tightly. She pulled out after sometime and said,

"Everything is going to be good soon."

"I love you ma." I said holding her hands, tears threatening to fall again any moment.

"Awwww, I love you too beta! Okay now enough of this emotional drama. Go and sleep and take some rest." she said jokingly and we both chuckled at the same time and I kissed her forehead this time.

"Good night Swayam." she said and left my room. I turned to my phone to call back Rey.

"Hey dude, were you busy?" He asked as soon as he picked it up.

"No, not actually but yeah I was a little." I said.

"Are you okay?" He asked immediately. I think he noticed the hoarseness in my voice due to crying. He cares so much and I love him for that.

"Yup, I am good. I just caught a little cold." I said hoping that he would buy the statement.

"Hmmm okay." he replied unsure.

"Why did you call? Any work?" I asked him trying to divert the topic.

"Oh Yes! I forgot about it. I had called you to remind the meet up tomorrow. I hope you remember it." he said.

"I do..." I just said that and remained silent. How can I forget anything related to her dream? No chance.

There was a silence for few seconds. Neither I spoke nor did Rey. It was weird. Rey was always so much talkative and today he didn't speak much... It then hit me. Oh shit! He is mad at me for whatever happened in the office that day. It's been 2 days since then and I hadn't talked to him. It had totally slipped out of my mind and I am really gonna die now!

"Hey! You there?" I asked trying to break the silence but there was no response.

"Is my friend still mad at me?" I asked more like a child hoping that he would reply to this but again no response. Rey could be tougher than pleasing a girlfriend sometimes.

"Bro I know we had to talk okay?" I tried one last time.

"Ah finally you remember that we had to talk!" He replied curtly. Oops! What to say now? I didn't think of anything.

"It's possible only if you talk with me." I too replied in same tone.

"Oh look who's saying this. Just buzz it off okay? Now say me what had happened?" He asked it straight forward. I didn't expect that so quick. Think of something Swayam... Think...

"O hello? Now where did you go?" He asked irritatedly.

"I am here. Actually that day... Nothing! It was nothing. I... It was just-" I was struggling for words but he cut me off saying,

"Speak clearly whatever you are telling and dare you hide anything from me! You have no idea, I got so scared to see you like that Swayam." he said to me as if I was his child and he is my parent! What could I probably say? Ummm, I was ill? No. No. Shall I say him the truth? No, I cannot.

"Hello!" He shouted from other side.

"Rey just listen okay? I know you need answers but I cannot say it on phone. I will say when we meet okay?" I said it in one go and soon realised what I just said. Way to dig your own grave Swayam. Salute yourself!

"Is it something serious dude? You are scaring me." he asked, care dripping from each word.

"No, no, it's not. Don't bother yourself. It's nothing important." I said sounding unsure to myself. I so much want to tell him everything but I don't want at the same time. Not atleast now. No! I will not open up to anyone. It makes people only weaker and weaker.

"Okay if you say so, but you aren't sounding yourself today." he again said me that. Arghhh! What to do with this man?

"I said you I got cold right! And now stop it what you are doing. Don't act like my mother." I said little irritated so that he could sense my mood but in response he started laughing.

"Dude! I think it would be better if I had video called you! I would love to see your face right now." He said and I too chuckled at his childishness. He never failed to bring smile on my face.

"I love you Rey... Don't ever leave me." I said in flow of emotions.

"Huh... You okay right?" He asked and paused for few seconds and said,

"Because get this straight into your mind that I am straight okay?" in a serious tone and this time it was me who was laughing. We both laughed over the call and there was silence again.

"Okay, so good night." I said to him wanting to end the call.

"Good night Swayam... But one thing!" He said and I was thinking what else is to come.

"I am always with you. Whenever you will need someone to let out something, just remember I am all ears. I am always here." he said and I just hummed in response and disconnected the call.

These two people, mom and Rey are very precious in my life. They understand me even if I didn't speak a word. Thank you God for giving them to me! They care for me... 'they are always there for me!'

I got up and slipped inside the duvet trying to sleep. Tomorrow I am going to face her again. I hope I don't mess up things again. I will have to get habituated of seeing her face now since 'The Pia Mehra' will be working with us in the same project. I don't know how things will work out but I will have to keep my feelings aside... I am a businessman and I can do it. It's business nothing else! Thinking about tomorrow I slipped into my slumber.

_______________

A/N

Hi guys!

This chapter was kind of a filler one for the next one but the next one is promising!

Let me know your views.

Please vote, comment and share!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.4K 506 23
Best Ranking- #12 in sadstories #1 in D3 #1 in VruShan #2 inSwaRon Sharon Rai Prakash, a twenty-seven years old, confident and smart woman lives a...
66K 3K 47
~ An Unique Wedding ~ • Book 1 of LIFE OF PANCHALI TRILOGY • Pandavas, the demi-gods, five most powerful warriors in the whole world faced a lot of h...
225K 8.1K 26
__COMPLETED__ Cover credit :- @_starflies_ and @IndianLegion **Warning:- THIS BOOK IS IN HINDI AND ENGLISH AND TILL NOW I HAVEN'T EDITED IT, SO IF YO...
16.5K 542 24
This is a fan friction of one of my favorite show D3 a bit similar yet different hope you all like it the story starts when kriya came back to India...