Being Accused {Complete}โˆš {Re...

By Navkiran_Shergill

# 3nd position holder in "Wattpad Infinity Awards 2018" under genre "Thriller" "You promised me that you will... More

Disclaimer
Prologue
Chapter 2 : Getting Back
Chapter 3: Enquiring in Mahabaleshwar
Chapter 4 : The Rivals
Chapter 5 : The Secret Meeting
Chapter 6 : The Media
Chapter 8 : "She"
Chapter 9 : Conspiracy
Chapter 10 : Journey to the Camp
Chapter 11 : Arguments
Chapter 12 : The feelings
Chapter 13 : Questions
Chapter 14 : Answers
Chapter 15 : The Past
Chapter 16 : Trust
Chapter 17 : Closeness
Chapter 18 : Planning for the big day
Chapter 19 : The Press Meet
Chapter 20 : The Mastermind
Chapter 21 : Old Sins & Sorrows!
Epilouge

Chapter 7 : The Nightmare

79 3 133
By Navkiran_Shergill

RECAP: As both officers, Viren and Bulbul ends up in arriving Jay's farmhouse, suspecting him, they somehow concludes him innocent, for the lack of evidences. Later both officers have to face news reporters who are tipped off by some secret informer. Hurt by reporter's questions, Bulbul gets an anxiety attack and later she faints making Viren and Jay to panic.

                 Now further.....

"Bulbul!! Bulbul please open your eyes. Please!! Bulbul!!"

A panicked Viren taps at her face trying to wake her up.

Jay hurries and passes him a glass of water. Viren sprinkles some drops on Bulbul's face but all in vain. This worries him more.

"Oh no! I need to get her to hospital asap." Viren says in a worried tone.

Jay too giving worried looks nods positively, "I'll also come with you."

Viren nods and hold Bulbul up in his arms bridal style and moves towards door. It is then the watchman informs them that because of heavy rain, there has been a landslide on the way, so it is impossible to make it towards city untill next day when it'll be fixed. As they are at outskirts of city, they have to wait but is this an option for now.?? Viren is panicking to the core now. Suddenly Jay recalls something.

"Officer!! Its saturday and my family doctor use to spend weekends with his family in his farmhouse, not far from our place. We can call him for help." Jay suggests.

"What are you waiting for then. Please hurry up! Call the damn doctor right away."

Viren almost yells at him.

Even on being yelled on, Jay doesn't losses his calm, instead he nods positively and calls the doctor, who arrives within 15 minutes. Till now Bulbul is lying on bed of guest bedroom as Jay insisted Viren so. The doctor after doing her(Bulbul's) checkup comes out of the room.

He(Doctor) see Viren pacing to & fro in panic while Jay also is standing with serious expressions on his face, criss crossing his arms. As soon as they see doctor coming out of the room, both steps towards him with Viren asking in worried tone,

"Is she okay doctor!! What happened to her. Can i meet her!!" He asks in one breath.

The doctor looks at his worried face and speaks calmly, "Officer!! She is stressed out, thats why she fainted after that anxiety attack. There's nothing to worry about, for now she's fine!" He says making Viren take a sigh of relief.

He further added, "Officer i am Mr. Jay's family doctor and I've been following the case you're handling. News channel you now!. And recently there have been so much things said and being showed related to the case and you two(cops)." he says talking about both officers.

"I know i am saying this at wrong time. But as his doctor," he looks at Jay and then back at Viren, "And now that i am treating your fellow officer, i am very much concerned about this whole thing." He says while Viren just nods positively.

"Can i ask you something!" the doctor again asks Viren at which he just looks at doctor as if agreeing.

"Did she take a lot of stress lately!! I did her check up and seems she haven't been on either proper rest or food and stressing herself alot. Not only physically her body need rest but mentally too or am afraid she could suffer neurological trauma and that would be fatal for her." he informs.

Viren looks at him helplessly, "Actually doctor you're right. She's really stressing herself alot. She just wants to solve this case asap so that she could clear her name from the excuses, she is charged during her last case." He sighs and continues.

"I've been with her on this case and i have merely saw her taking a nap or having something besides coffee. She goes to her home, to just freshen up and change. Within 1 hour she is back on duty everyday after visiting her home. I've tried to talk to her about it but she's just so adamant to solve this case asap." he tells him sadly.

The doctor sighs deep, "Hmmm!! But from now i suggest you to take care that she doesn't take too much stress or least have proper diet and rest. For now i have given her mild injection that would help her mind and body relax for atleast tomorrow morning. She's  in deep slumber for now, which she needs the most. In case you need me again, just give me a call." he says and forwards a prescribtion to Viren.

"And yeah here's some medicines that would help her with her routine stress of her job.There's a pharmacy 2 streets ahead and it'll be closing in half an hour. Please get the medicines from there asap or you"ll have to wait till the roads are clear from that landslide."

Viren takes the prescribtion from him and says in slow voice, "Thankyou doctor."

The doctor smiles, "My pleasure officer. Least i can do for Mr. Jay and cops."

As soon as the doctor leaves, Viren too leaves to buy the medicines while Jay promises to look after Bulbul untill he's back. As Viren leaves, Jay is sitting on a nearby couch in Bulbul's room{the guest bedroom}. He is looking quietly at her calm face. She looks so peaceful, for the first time from the time, after he met her. It maybe 10 minutes or so when he see her body getting tense and face furrowing, as if she is having a nightmare. She looks scared and mutters something in sleep,

"No... please leave them. Please don't kill them. Please no.....ahhhh!!!" she suddenly screams as in pain.

Not knowing what to do, he just moves to her and shifts himself on the bed, besides her. He tries to calm her down, holding her hand in in his both hands, squeezing it lightly,

"Hey!! Hey!! Hey!! Shhh...!!! Relax. You're safe. Relax. You're just having a bad dreaming. Relax." he says in a calm tone trying to sooth her.

Within moments, she stops muttering and seem relax. It is then Viren enters as he is back from medical. He finds Jay holding Bulbul's hand, having an unknown expressions on his(Jay) face. Jay too notices someone's presence and when turns towards door, finding Viren with packet of medicines. He(Jay) first looks at his hands which are still holding Bulbul's hand and then looks up at Viren again.

"Err...amm... actually officer she was muttering something in sleep. Some nightmare i guess so i... i..  just was helping her out."

Jay explains as he carefully leaves Bulbul's hand, so not to wake her up.

Viren just nods positively giving blank expressions, "Thanks Mr. Jay. Now am here, you can go back to your room and have some rest." he says moving towards the sleeping girl and again utters,

"Thankyou Mr.Jay for letting her stay at your place. Thanks alot and i am sorry i kinda yelled at you back then." he says thanking Jay and apologizing him at the same time.

Jay smiles lightly, "No officer!!Thats alright. I understand you were worried for her and helping you in any way i can, is my pleasure. Also you're doing alot for this case. So its least i can favour you with." he says nicely.

Viren gives him a tight lipped smile and they both again hear Bulbul mumbling in sleep,

"I didn't left him to die."
.

.

"No!! Please don't do this. Don't kill them. Please leave them"

.

Viren hurries and sits besides her on the bed, with one hand caressing her hair to sooth her and  holding her one hand in his other hand squeezing it lightly, gesturing that he's there for her.

"Shhhhh.... Bulbul relax!! Am here. Calm down."  he says trying to shush her.

But it seems she is having a really bad nightmare or an event of her past haunting her in her dreams and is still muttering, panicking in sleep,

"No.... Please don't kill them. Please no...."

"I will not let anything happen to him. I have to save him."

"Vinam!!!...." she shouts opening her eyes and sitting up with a jerk panting badly. Sweat is covering her forehead.

Both men looks at her concerned. Viren again tries to relax her. He places his hand gently on her shoulder,

"Bulbul relax!!! You were just having some nightmare. There's nothing to worry about! Forget it and try to relax. Hmm!! Here!"

He says calmly in a concerned tone, forwarding a glass of water from the bedside table.

She grabs the glass with trembling hands and slurps a few hurried sips. She then wipes out sweat from her face and returns back to reality. She looks around and asks,

"What!!! What happened!! Last thing i remember is those reporters!"

She says holding her head with her both hands, as it is aching and she is still dizzy.

Both men exchange glances and then Viren utters, "You fainted. Actually during that interview you stressed out alot and then fainted."

He then explains her how because of landslide, they're struck there untill it gets sorted. Also, what doctor said about her having stress, lack of rest and food. She sighs and tries to get up from bed.

"No!! We can't stay here. We must get back to work. I must get back to work. We should leave....!" she says trying to get up but again feel dizzy.

She is about to fall down from her dizziness, when Viren hurries and grabs her on time. Here, Jay too has forwarded his hands in concern, as if he was about to save her from falling but as Viren has already held her,

Jay backed up his hands before looking down at floor sighing deep. He(Jay) then again looks up at her.

"Are you mad!! Just look at your condition. I already told you about what doctor said and you still want to compromise you're health!!"

Viren says scolding her in a concerned tone.

"But the case!! We need to...!"

she says innocently like a teen trying to convince her friend for something, but is interrupted by Viren.

"Listen Bulbul!! I know you want to solve the case asap and why!?. But you need rest as well. Just look at you, from the day we got this case, you neither have slept well nor had anything much than coffee. You look so pale and weak." he said and after pause of a second or two again utters,

"I know you're frustrated at many things including me. But trust me, with such condition of yours, you will not be able to solve this case. You must first calm down and relax mentally. We're anyways struck out of city for now, untill roads are clear again. I promise i'll request Acp sir to arrange us a chopper🚁 or something so that we could get back to work. Okay!!! But for now you need rest." he again says in concerned yet calm tone this time.

"He's right officer!!! You should rest for now. And i would had arranged a chopper for you guys but my pilot is not available for the time being. Sorry couldn't help you with that."

Jay speaks standing a few steps away from the bed.

Bulbul nods positively as she is helpless. For she knew, both men are right. Till then a servant arrives with soup for her as Jay has already asked for it.

"Here!Soup! Your body needs something." Jay says to Bulbul with a light smile.

Bulbul knows she could not deny, as she really need something to have and also Viren would not let her do that. So she just takes the tray from Jay's servant. She then savours the soup from bowl like an obedient 5 year old. Jay smiles lightly as she did so. After savouring only half bowl of soup she denies to have it more but when Viren gazes her, reluctantly she gulps down the rest of soup too. After she is done, Viren asks her to lie down again, to rest as morning is still a few hours away. 

"I hope he's okay!! He must be slept for now but i'll definitely call him, first thing in the morning." Bulbul thinks to herself a bit worried as she places her head on the pillow before closing her eyes.

Both men too moves out of the room to let the lady have some rest. Jay asks  Viren rest too but Viren isn't sleepy and neither is Jay. So Jay offers him coffee to which Viren agrees. Both men are sipping their coffee, when Jay finds Viren lost somewhere.

"Who was she mumbling about!! They!! Who!! and most importantly who is this Vinam guy!! She never mentioned anyone of this name before." Viren is thinking to himself seriously.

"Officer!!" Jay's loud voice broke Viren's trance.

"Are you fine!! You seem to be lost in your thoughts. Amm.. i don't know if you would want to, but if its okay you can share it with me." Jay offers with an awkward smile.

Viren turns to him

maybe to answer him rudely or maybe not.

.

.

.

                               To be continued.......

A/N: Who were Bulbul mumbling about in sleep?? Who is Vinam??

Will Viren be able to find his answers??

To know more please stay tuned
Till then
God bless you😇
Take care🤗
Love you all😊
Please vote and review☺

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

120K 8.1K 33
" Do..n't... come.. to..me..mee ...." --- with closed eyes She said with her horrified trembling voice . " Blossom , listen to me Blossom , it's ju...
13.9K 557 8
Is daur-e-siyaasat ka itna sa fasana hai, basti bhi jalani hai maatam bhi manana hai !!๐Ÿ–ค ๐–๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ฉ๐ž๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ž๐ง ๐ฐ๐ข๐Ÿ๐ž ๐œ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž๐ฌ...
2.1M 141K 69
๐Ÿ”…This story is not a historical fiction.๐Ÿ”… ๐Ÿ”…๐Ÿ”†๐Ÿ”… He was standing in his balcony, feeling the cold night and sipping over his black coffee. Suddenl...
252K 11K 76
*************************************** He is cruel but he has a heart!! She is kind but misunderstood!! He is like fire!! She is like rain!! He is c...