Being Accused {Complete}√ {Re...

By Navkiran_Shergill

# 3nd position holder in "Wattpad Infinity Awards 2018" under genre "Thriller" "You promised me that you will... More

Disclaimer
Prologue
Chapter 2 : Getting Back
Chapter 3: Enquiring in Mahabaleshwar
Chapter 4 : The Rivals
Chapter 6 : The Media
Chapter 7 : The Nightmare
Chapter 8 : "She"
Chapter 9 : Conspiracy
Chapter 10 : Journey to the Camp
Chapter 11 : Arguments
Chapter 12 : The feelings
Chapter 13 : Questions
Chapter 14 : Answers
Chapter 15 : The Past
Chapter 16 : Trust
Chapter 17 : Closeness
Chapter 18 : Planning for the big day
Chapter 19 : The Press Meet
Chapter 20 : The Mastermind
Chapter 21 : Old Sins & Sorrows!
Epilouge

Chapter 5 : The Secret Meeting

69 4 61
By Navkiran_Shergill

RECAP: Last time you read how officer Viren and Bulbul meet Jay's and Suraj's business rivals.

                   Now further.....

Both officers again drive off to meet Jay. Once they reach the building which is Jay's company, they take the elevator to reach the floor where his cabin is. Once they arrive there, all eyes moves in their direction as every employee of the office is well aware of the case going on. When they enters Jay's cabin, they find him standing near window, talking over his phone.📱He notice them(cops) entering the cabin and gestures them to have a seat.

"Alright!! Just go by my words" he says before he hangs up the call.

He then looks up from his phone, at both the cops who are still standing observing him.

"Seems like some important call eh!!" Viren asks him.

"No no.... you know i am a business man and work is something i can't put stake on. So just business stuff and all." Jay says casually.

"Alright!! Can we have a word with you. We got some lead." This time Bulbul asks.

"Offcourse!!! Why not!! Firstly no one can say no to such a beautiful woman such as yourself, secondly you're a cop."

He says in cheerful voice that rages Bulbul, as now he is a flirt in her eyes. But she somehow suppresses her anger and speaks,

"Mr. Jay!! I want to tell you something. First! I am not a girl with whom you want to flirt with, as it can cost you with broken bones and secondly, i am here to investigate you. So please it'll be really nice of you, if you would just open your mouth to answer our questions."

She says giving him a glare.

Viren sighs nodding, giving Jay a look gesturing that Bulbul is really serious about what she said. Jay too smiles lightly as if he kind of like her style.

"Alright officers!! But first i insist, please take your seats" Jay gestures them to sit.

Viren looks at Bulbul first, as if checking, if she is cooled down or not. Once he is satisfied enough, he turned to Jay,

"Mr.Jay !! Do you know Miss Tia!! Tia
Raichand!"

Viren asks.

Hearing Tia's name Jay's expressions changes

which does not go unnoticed by both officers, but soon Jay composes himself and nods positively.

"Yeah!!! She...she....she was my.... my ex-girlfriend. It was before i got married to Rosie. Last i saw her when her company took a big tendor from mine. Thats it." he says determined.

"Can you elaborate why did you broke up with her!!??" Viren asks.

Jay first gets involved in his own thoughts then after a pause of some seconds, he finally looks up at them,

"She wanted me to merge our businesses but i denied. I had some really good reasons for it. So i just denied."

Bulbul bends forward placing her hands on the table. She looked at him sternly,

"Really!! Maybe one of reason like, i don't know! Maybe your "Male ego." Am I right Mr. Jay!!" She questions him.

Jay first looks at her with blank expressions and then says, "I am sorry officer. But for now, i can only tell that it was not a good choice. So i just denied. Am sorry its personal." He says.

"Sorry Mr. Jay but there's nothing personal now in this case. You need to tell us."

Viren says calmly but in a determined tone.

Jay sighs nodding positively, "Alright!! Her business was not doing that good. She had a few investors back then while my company was flourishing. Is this answer sufficient for now." He utters half heartedly.

After Some more inquiry, both cops leave the cabin. They are marching towards elevator when Bulbul searches for her phone in her jeans pockets. Suddenly she recalls that she has left it in Jay's cabin.

"What happened!!?" Viren asks her in concern as he notices her searching for something in her pockets.

"Err... I think i left my phone 📱 in Jay's cabin. You get to the parking, i'll catch in a moment." She says while he nods.

Viren leaves for parking lot while she moves towards Jay's cabin. She sneaks in without alerting or knocking and find Jay talking over his phone again.📱

"Alright!! I'll be there. But be sure no one knows about this meeting. I don't want anyone to sneak on me or know about this deal.

.

.

Ok!! Be alert. Be sure no one knows. No one follows."

.

.

After he hangs up the call he turns and is shocked to find Bulbul standing there. He immediately tries to act normal while she too does the same. She doesn't let him know that she has already overheard his conversation. Jay too seems convinced at her reaction.

"I left my phone accidently." Bulbul says pointing at her phone which is lying on the table.

Jay nods with smile and moves further towards her phone to give it back to her while she to moves further to grab her phone. While reaching towards her phone, their hands touch each other making them look at each other.

Their eye contact remains for some good seconds before Bulbul snaps out of trance and pulls her hand back immediately grabbing her phone. There is an awkward silence between them for a moment which is broken by Jay.

"I.. i ...i am sorry. I just wanted to help..." but is interrupted by her.

Bulbul fakes smile, "Thanks. I have it now." She says and leave his cabin muttering small curses to him while he smiles unknowingly.

.

.

As she reach the parking lot, her irritated look tells Viren everything.

"Seems like someone just arrived after another argument session. God!!"

He murmurs to himself, assuming Bulbul must have been in some argument with Jay.

As Bulbul reach near the car, Viren opens the door of passenger seat for her, while he himself is already sitting on driver's seat.

Once she settles on passanger seat, calming herself a bit, she turns to Viren.

"I overheard his(Jay's) conversation with someone. He was talking about some deal. But when he thought i must had heard him, his face bacame pale. Though i pretended that i didn't. He is going for this secret meeting of his tonight. We got to follow him." She tells.

Viren nods positively, "Okay!! Maybe we could get some clue about the case. It seems like he himself is doing something suspicious."

He says thoughtfully.

"I am sure about it. And if i find out he's the one behind all this! am gonna deal with him personally."  She says grinding her teeth.

She clenches her fists in anger thinking about Jay, as for her, he is not less than a womanizer and a cheat.

Rest of the day passes in a blur. It is now 5:00 in the evening, while both officers are keeping an eye on Jay's departure. As they have already parked their car safely out of Jay's sight, so when Jay moves towards his car, he doesn't notice the presence of the officers. He(Jay) takes the car keys from the driver and instructs him something. Afterwards, he drives to somewhere.

Viren too ignites the engine of their car and follows Jay's car from a distance. With in half an hour or so, Jay reach at his destination. It is some parking lot and not much vehicles are parked. Viren parks the car at a safe distance from Jay's sight and both officers keep their eyes over him.

Here Jay is waiting for someone, sitting inside his car only. Once his phone beeps,

he checks the message on his phone and then hops out of his car.

He marches towards the elevator of the parking lot. Bulbul and Viren are watching his every move. Once Jay reaches near the elevator door, two men come out of it and Jay nods at them.

They then forwards a bag to Jay, he(Jay) sneaked inside it and once satisfied, he takes that bag from them. Both the men leave after it immediately, while Jay keeps the bag safely in his car's trunk. Now it is officer's turn to show up. As their car is approaching towards Jay's, he sees it, before hopping back in his car.

He then smirks as if he knew he is being followed or maybe doubted it. He immediately takes out a pen like thing from inner pocket of his blazer and smiles,

"Sorry guys. But Jay is always one step ahead."

Saying so he clicks the backside of that pen like thing, that triggers a small blast in pipelines railed to roof of that parking lot. With that small blast, the pipes burst, making an inverted water fountain to emerge. This gives time to him(Jay) to elope from there.

Here, with that sudden blast and leakage of water from above, Viren almost lost control of the car and is to hit a concrete piller ahead but he applies brakes just on time giving both Bulbul and himself a sudden jerk. Thankfully they aren't hurt.

Bulbul clenches her fist again, "This bastard!! He can't go away so easily." She says grinding her teeth.

She then turns to Viren, "Switch the seats."

Viren knows it would be impossible to calm her down for now and to be on safe side, he must obey her at the moment. As they switched the seats Bulbul places her foot on accelerator gearing up the car and in full speed she drives in the direction wherein Jay has just drove some moments ago. Luckily soon they spot Jay's car and begins chasing it. Viren is sitting in his seat with a bit worried face,

as Bulbul isn't slowing down car's pace instead changing gears and accelerating the car every few moments. Jay too spots them following him so he too accelerated his car even more.

The car chase is getting preety warmed up with each passing second, where both car's tires are producing sound like buzz of bees. Jay outsmarts and though Bulbul controls the car on time, still her car hit one of the car standing on parking side making that first parked car to dash into adjacent cars, to roll over each other.

Jay smiles to himself and takes a tunnel while Bulbul is not in mood of letting him go that easily. She takes the car in reverse & then again gears it up, following Jay's car again.

She tries to overtake him but he turns the stering wheel to left and right really fast, making his car go zig zag. This results in colliding the driver side of cop's car to pillars in front. But it doesn't stops her(Bulbul) chasing Jay.

Once out of the tunnel, Jay notices a lorry crossing across the road, he accelerates the car at once and just a few seconds, before he could collide his car with that lorry, he crosses it and escapes. While Bulbul saw the lorry and applies immediate breaks to her full speed car making it slide on road, now making its position horizontal to other cars of her side, just saving them from colliding in the lorry.

She hit her hand on stering wheel in frustration,

"Damn it!! Lost him."

Here Jay is giving himself a victory smile.

.

.

.

                                   To be continued........

A/N: What was the deal about!! Is Jay really behind all this??

Will Bulbul and Viren able to catch up Jay??

To know more please stay tuned
Till then
God bless you😇
Take care🤗
Love ya all😊
Please vote and review.😇

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

662K 32.1K 76
*NOT EDITED* This story is about three couples.... ................... ""Get ready," he said, noticing her fierce expression. "I won't be getting re...
252K 11K 76
*************************************** He is cruel but he has a heart!! She is kind but misunderstood!! He is like fire!! She is like rain!! He is c...
9.8K 800 29
•WHAT THE HELL IS LOVE• ◍𝗭𝗼𝘆𝗮 𝗩𝗲𝗿𝗺𝗮◍ A young mother (26y/o) of a 4y/o kid. She is a fashion designer by profession. She is open minded, moti...
785K 52.4K 40
REYANSH 💗 DIVYA _____________________________ Book 1 of "CEASELESS" series She is obstinate fire..... She is pure serenity...... She is like moon a...