Thomesa ~ One Shots

By thomesalove

A bunch of Thomesa one shots (some sad, some happy) to fix our broken hearts ❤ Requests are always open! More

Requests
Nightmares
Reunion
Heaven
Pick Up Lines
The Last Night
Love Hurts
Texts I
Emotional Tether
Birthday Present
The Cure
Sick At Home
Goodbye
Kissing And Winning
The Writer And The Dedicated Fan
Wish
Texts II
Good News
Best Friends' Fights
Restless Night
Sweet Dreams
Night In The Slammer
About Time
The Only Reason
Everything Is Not Enough
They Grow Up So Fast
Memories From The Past
Big Girls Don't Cry
The Last Gift
Thank You!
10k??!!
20k!!!
30k?!!
40k?? i am ~levitating~

A Different Day

2.2K 50 78
By thomesalove

AU story! 😀 I think it's fluffy so yeah, hope you enjoy it 😀

"Next stop: New York City."

Teresa picks up her pace as she hears the seemingly robotic voice stating her subway has just arrived, and she's still only midway the station.

She runs the fastest she can, which is kinda difficult as she just broke an ankle a couple of weeks ago, and is still not fully recovered.

She takes a deep, almost breathless breath and finally steps into the subway as the doors close behind her with a thump.

That was close! She huffs as she tries to regain her breath.

Once her lungs have enough oxygen for her to relax, she feels the soothing movement of the subway as it picks up speed.

Teresa lifts slightly her left foot as an excruciating pain stings her ankle, and she flinches a bit, but not enough for anyone to notice, since the vehicle is full.

But what she doesn't know or had the time to notice, is that there is actually someone looking intently at her.

"Are you okay?" Teresa hears a soft, but strong voice filling her ears, but she doesn't look up. She's focused on controlling her pain.

"Yeah, yeah... I'm fine, thank you." She inhales deeply, closing her eyes and finally sighing in relief as the pain goes away slowly.

"Here." She finally lifts her head up as that same voice fills her ears once again. "You can take the seat."

She looks up at a boy, looking like the same age as her, with brown, soft eyes and a cute smile staring at her.

He's wearing a plain, blue T-Shirt and some black shorts. His hair is resting on his forehead as his moles scatter around his cheeks.

"Oh... no, it's okay, really, I'm fine." Teresa replies quickly, trying to convince the boy she's okay. Which is partially true. "But thank you."

"Come on, I can tell you're in pain. Just take a seat." The same boy insists, standing up from where he sat for her to sit down, and Teresa knows she'll have to take the boy's offering. She needs to rest her feet as soon as she can.

Teresa nods thankfully and gives the boy a small smile, receiving a cheek-to-cheek one in response, and she softly turns her eyes away from him, such a cute sight making something inside of her turn.

"So, what happened with you?" The boy now standing in front of her asks, holding himself at her seat with his hand as the subway moves.

"Broke my ankle about two weeks ago." Teresa replies chuckling, the reason why it happened playing inside her head. "It hasn't healed completely yet."

"I understand." He gives out a small chuckle. "I'm Thomas by the way." The boy Teresa now knows is called Thomas extends his hand in front of her, with a small grin on his lips.

Teresa takes it immediately, smiling as well. "Teresa."

Their small conversation is interrupted when the subway's doors open and people start leaving the vehicle for work, probably.

"Well, I gotta go now, but it was my pleasure meeting you, Teresa." The brunette says, nodding his head softly.

"It was nice meeting you too, Thomas."

"Get well soon." The boy flashes a smile before walking to the door.

"Thank you." And Teresa watches as the boy leaves the subway, and she's left with a stupid, yet beautiful smile on her lips.

And there's when a beautiful connection was created.

•   •   •

Teresa was confused on why Thomas was in every subway she went to every day when she went to work, but he soon explained her that he was going to work too, and that that subway was his only way to reach his destination.

It was the same for Teresa.

Over the past few months the two of them would meet each other involuntarily, sitting next to each other when the subway wasn't full, or when it was, Thomas would give away his seat for Teresa to sit.

They got along pretty well, and soon they were the closest of friends.

Teresa didn't have much friends, moved to New York City young (she's only 21) with no one and all alone. Having a friend and someone she could trust was a huge thing for her. Specially when that someone is the kindest guy in the entire world.

She often talks with Brenda, her long time best friend, and tells her all the things she's been up to, occasionally talking about the sweet, cute little guy who randomly works not far away from her.

"I think you like him." Teresa hears Brenda say through the phone while she's pacing on her bedroom, thinking to herself.

"No, I don't." Teresa spats, but she can hear the sigh on the other side of the line.

"Whatever makes you sleep at night."

And then they break the line up after saying their goodbyes and stumble on their beds.

Do I like him? It's the only question running through her mind, but she doesn't give in to her weaknesses. I don't know!

C'mon Teresa, you're stronger than that!

But, on the inside, Teresa knows the answer.

Yes.

•   •   •

"Tom, I loved it, seriously, you didn't have to do this for me." Teresa says as she looks around them, seeing the candles and the beautiful petals of flowers laying on the soft grass as they're laying on a blanket, looking at the sky.

"What better way to spend our day off eating pizza and chilling on the grass?" He jokes, a smile plastered on his face.

"Can't disagree on that."

"Of course you can't, Agnes." Thomas chuckles, stopping his gaze from Teresa to look at the starts above them. "No one disagrees with me." He jokes, his once small smile being transformed into a big, goofy one.

"Oh really? I think I'll have to disagree on that one, Tom-Tom."

The two stare at each other, the soft, summer breeze chilling their warm bodies as the hot temperature can still be felt, even being night.

Teresa feels that thing again. The same thing she felt on that subway, some months ago. The thing that made her smile like a maniac the whole day. Little did she know that that first encounter also caused the same thing to Thomas. Him being too caught up on her bright, blue eyes to even concentrate on anything he would work on that day.

"You can't disagree on one thing though." Thomas whispers as the night around them turns silent. He turns to her, them being way too close to each other for just 'friends'.

"Which is..."

"You can't disagree with me when I say you're beautiful." Teresa's cheeks turn immediately a red pink at Thomas' soft voice, and she finds herself smiling, looking down at her hands.

She feels soft fingers pulling her chin up, making her look at his honey brown eyes, sending a rush of steadiness and comfort into her blood.

Thomas takes a strand of hair from Teresa's forehead, he too caught up in the moment to do anything else.

Teresa suddenly sees as his eyes dart on her face, finally stopping on her lips.

She watches as he looks away almost immediately, probably ashamed to even think of doing such a thing. But that just makes Teresa like him even more. No. Not like. Love.

She lets Thomas' eyes move one more time until they stop at her lips again, but this time, he doesn't move them away.

"Teresa?" The boy barely whispers, lifting his eyes to look at hers. He can tell she's smiling just by how sparkling her eyes are.

Teresa hums for him to continue.

The boy cleans his throat, a small blush appearing on his cheeks as he looks everywhere but Teresa.

He finally gets the guts.

"Can I... can I kiss you?" Teresa's heart skips a beat as the words slip through his mouth, and she finds herself nodding her head softly with a small grin on her face.

Her eyes are now watching Thomas as he starts leaning in slowly, giving her time if she changes her mind and wants to push him away, but she doesn't. Why would she?

They finally kiss. It's not rushed. Not fast. It's slow, passionate. The kiss of two young adults who met each other in a random way possible, who fell in love almost instantly.

The kiss of true love.

•   •   •

Some years later...

Teresa is standing at the window watching the night outside.

It's raining, the thunder outside the house causing her to shiver and tighten her grip on her robe.

She can't seem to fall asleep easily, and when she does, she ends up waking up a few hours later, but there's nothing she can do about it. It's inevitable.

When Teresa ends up waking at the middle of the night, she walks to the window, watching the world outside. The freezing cold winter nights. Her favourites.

She's so caught up on her thoughts that she doesn't even notice the arms that had embraced her until he rested his head on her shoulder.

"Couldn't sleep?" Thomas' soft, sleepy voice fills the air as Teresa nodds her head.

"She's kicking, you know." Thomas lifts his head and places his hands on his wife's waist, turning her around on his arms to look at her.

Teresa loves how Thomas still looks at her as if she's the most beautiful thing in this world.

"Do I need to have a little talk with her?" Thomas chuckles, rubbing softly the big belly that carries their soon to be born daughter.

"You can try." Teresa giggles as Thomas crouches down so he can be at the belly's level.

"Hey there, little girl. Do Daddy and Mommy a favor and let her sleep, please." He plants a soft kiss on her belly. "Love you, baby girl."

Thomas stands up once again and gives Teresa a caring kiss on her forehead.

"Come on, let's go to bed." Teresa nods, letting out a yawn she didn't know she was holding.

Thomas lays down first, opening his arms so Teresa can lay on them, and the two speak for some silent moments, until one stops replying and they fall into a beautiful, peacefull (with no kicking) sleep.

This is BY FAR the biggest one shot I've ever written... sorry for that, I just got kinda into it 😂

Hope you like it and I know I say this every time but,

I love you! ❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

The Girl By gabbs

Fanfiction

97K 1.7K 69
A Maze Runner Fanfiction When a girl shows up without any warning, how will the Glade handle it? Will they figure out her role? Or will her role be i...
208K 5.3K 65
❝ I just wish you could see the way that I feel about you.❞ ❝ Show me.❞ - EDEN had spent the whole of her life, that she remembered, trying to find s...
9.1K 117 38
Collections of imagines about Newt from the Maze Runner books and movies. Feel free to leave a request!
32.5K 1.5K 17
When you come back, you will not be you. And I will not be me. (Completed, Editing) Book One - ??? The Maze Runner / Thomas ©BOYSROT, 2023