Survival of the fittest✔️

By AnotherFangal

BTS Apocalypse AU In a world where half the population are living and half are the living dead, you need to b... More

1. The Apocalypse
2. Interrogation
3. Information Revealed
4. Arguments
5. Warnings
6. Scars
7. Scouting
8. Discussions
9. Midnight run
10. Trust formed
11. Everything's changed
12. Dull travelling
13. Unexpected Refuge
14. Teasing from both sides
15. Worried
17. Messy Return
18. Scouting
19. Gasoline
20. Burning
21. Pointless graveyard
22. Town
23. Hand her over
24. A safe place to rest
25. Close call
26. Storytime
27. Hope
28. Group meeting
29. Deep talk and new clothes
30. Bonding time
31. Into you
32. Truck Chase
33. Long journey chats
34. Dark night
35. Storytime with Jin and Hobi
36. Oncoming horde
37. No bullet in the head today
37. A little push
38. Taehyung's advice
39. We're not alone
40. Ji-booty
41. Don't jinx us
42. Just keep swimming
43. No such thing as luck
44. Almost lost
45. Escape story
46. Innocence killed
47. Rooftop camp
48. Jealousy
49. Emergency Exit
50. Baehyun
51. Woo
52. I think we're even.
53. B
54. This is the end.
55. Final destination

16. Oh shit

4.4K 203 34
By AnotherFangal

(22nd May)

You jerked awake. You thought you'd heard a voice calling out to you but the house was quiet. You were the only one awake so it must have been a dream.

You knew Yoongi had been on lookout duty last and, wanting to keep yourself busy, you grabbed your gun from next to your bed and went up to the roof to let him get some rest. Despite arguing like crazy earlier, you still cared for him and his well-being.

"Thanks, Y/n," he nodded before he left pausing like he wanted to say something.

You watching him struggle for a second then shake his head and head for the ladder. You knew he wanted to say something about the arguments the two of you had been having recently but you didn't mind. He hadn't said anything personally against you and likewise, he was just worried just like everyone else was.

"It's alright, Yoongi," you told him making him stop and look at you, "We're just worried, nothing personal."

A small smiled broke across his face and he nodded, "I'll bring you up some food later."

"Thanks."

Then his head disappeared and you were left alone. You felt a little better knowing the air with Yoongi was clear. You had the idea that the two of you would probably argue again in the future and it'd be sorted out as quickly as a simple sentence. Friendships like that were always good because you never actually hurt each other's feelings.

Fighting the urge to groan you looked around at the land surrounding the house.

It was so early in the morning the sun hadn't even started rising yet but an orange tint was slowly growing brighter in the east. You looked along the long drive hoping to see the three missing members riding back. At this point you didn't even care if they didn't have the supplies, as long as they were alive.

The worry you had was slowly making you feel sick, the sickness was then stopping you eating. It was a vicious circle of worry, sickness and sadness.

*

When the sun had just peaked over the horizon you made a wish, you wished they would come back today. Supplies or not, they didn't matter, you just wanted the group to be back together. They really were your family now and you didn't want to imagine your life without them.

"Y/n," Namjoon's head suddenly appeared halfway up the ladder making you jump for the millionth time.

"Yeah?" You answered your voice slightly hoarse from not using it in a while.

"Come down for a second, we're just about to have a meeting."

You nodded and climbed the down the ladder. You had an idea of what the meeting was about, but it didn't make it any easier.

When you arrived everyone was gathered in the kitchen. Namjoon was stood in front of the sofa and the rest of the guys were sat looking at him in silence.

Jin beckoned you and patted a spot next to him, you sat next to him jiggling your knee up at down restlessly.

"I'll get straight to the point," Namjoon started. His whole ora had changed.

When you first met him he was mysterious, powerful and impressive, he always knew what to do. Now he looked broken and indecisive because the others were missing. It wasn't right without them here.

"As horrible as it is, I think we can all agree they've been gone way too long. I think it's time we start to think they may not be coming back."

You had been thinking about it as well but to hear someone say it made it so much worse. Tears stung your eyes and you glanced at the others on the sofa with you.

Taehyung was looking down as well tears rolling down his face. Yoongi wasn't crying, he had no expression on his face at all, he looked like an empty shell of a human. He and Jimin had been like brothers, Jimin always annoying him and getting on his nerves but deep down Yoongi had enjoyed it. Hobi would always cheer Yoongi up and make him smile when he was in a bad mood.

Jin wasn't crying yet but his eyes were watering. You had half a mind to go out and search for them yourself, but that would make things worse if you never came back.

"What do we do?" Taehyung asked in a low voice tears shining on his handsome face.

"Well, we've been waiting for days and this house is too big for the five of us to protect on our own. Maybe we should think about moving on."

You couldn't take it, the thought of leaving here and them coming back to find the house empty was horrible. You stood up and walked away, none of them stopped you which you were grateful for. You climbed up to the roof again and sat down dangling your legs over the edge and cried.

You cried for a long time the pain of losing three of your members was unbearable. You tried not to imagine what had happened to them, were they pinned down by Biters? Attacked by another group? At this rate, you'll never know.

You tried not to think about Jimin's sarcastic comments, Hobi's contagious smile and constant energy.

It was impossible not to think about Jungkook. How much you hated each other when you first met and how that changed when you escaped the Warehouse together. His beautiful doe eyes, handsome face and evil smirk. The way he held you when you were worried the day before they left.

Words couldn't describe how much you missed him right now. How you missed all of them.

Yoongi appeared with a sandwich and drink for you at midday. You didn't think you'd be able to eat but you thanked him all the same.

"You should eat Y/n, you need your strength because I know you haven't been sleeping well." He was right of course, so you took small bites of your food.

It was like eating cardboard, your mouth went dry when you were chewing and you had to stop yourself vomiting it back up again after swallowing.

When you were finished you drank your water until the glass was empty.

Now, the food was in your stomach you began to feel yourself get a little stronger.

You took a deep breath of the clean air closing your eyes so you could soak up the sunlight.

That was one thing you'd noticed since the Apocalypse, the air was so much cleaner without all the pollution. Maybe the rest of the world was producing less harmful gases as well.

*

You stayed on the roof all day, slowly you started to feel better. You still cried at the thought of the others not returning but after each time you felt a little bit better about it.

The sun was starting to set and cast beautiful orange light, you smiled for the first time since Jungkook had slept in your bed to keep you company. Your face muscles felt stiff with your lack of talking or smiling.

A gentle breeze pushed the stray hairs off your face, you closed your eyes. This house you'd found was a perfect place not near main roads or towns. It was a shame to leave there was barely any chance of seeing a huge horde of Biters. You opened your eyes, there wasn't much chance of seeing people either... people.

You rubbed your eyes to check if they were playing a trick on you. If you were right there was a silhouette of a person and a big blob walking up the drive toward you.

Grabbing your sniper you stood up and looked through the scope. The sun was in the wrong place to see if they were friend or foe. You guessed one person and two horses. Dread filled you as your mind jumped to the worst.

You scrambled down the ladder and through the house, "Come on!" You shouted to the others, headed looked out of room doors at you confused.

"Y/n, what's going on?" Namjoon called confused and concerned.

"Come on! Someone's here!" You repeated sprinting out the front door.

Footsteps behind you told you they were all following you. You vaulted over the barbwire fence, cutting your hand badly in the process.

You sprinted as fast as you could towards the figures. As you got closer you realised one person was leading their horse and holding the other one. There was a strange figure on the other horse that you couldn't see clearly enough from here. You'd left the other boys far behind as you sprinting as fast as you could.

When you were in front of them you skidded to a halt. They were back, they weren't dead.

Hobi was leading the two horses, one was covered in supplies and the other had Jimin on. But something was very wrong Jimin was flopping and very pale, you realised Jungkook was sat behind him holding him up.

"What happened?" You asked quickly.

Hobi looked at you solemnly, his face was pale and bleeding in places, "Jimin got shot."

"Oh, shit...."

Heya ARMY, I'm so excited for the new Album. I love Black Swan too, it's such a good song. You know what to do if you enjoyed.

Lotta Love,
AFG

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.5K 1.1K 21
The world is falling apart. Is it disease? Aliens? Zombies? The Government? The 7 members of BTS can't explain why everything, and everyone around t...
12.4K 782 62
[COMPLETE] 7 different boys, 7 different lives, 7 different personas, yet their shadows must become one in order to survive the inevitable~ When a la...
85.1K 3K 61
Disclaimer: *This story was heavily inspired by the video game called 'The Last of Us' and any similarities will be because of that. Most characters...
7.7K 507 40
"We will meet again hyung." "When?" "Someday." "I don't like when words don't have promise or trust in them." "Me too hyung. I don't like to say word...