The Past Lies Ahead (A Throne...

By NTrude

Set after ToD and EoS [COMPLETE] A ToG fanfiction Rowan found a way to go back in time. Now he only needed to... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chaper 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Ten Years Later - Part 1
Ten Years Later - Part 2
Author's Note

Chapter 45

701 29 5
By NTrude

«If he says no, then I'll show him exactly how not sorry I am for wrecking his town.» she hissed while pacing back and forth in their room at the Ocean Rose Inn. Rowan just leaned back in the bed against the headboard and watched as embers floated around his mate, who was still fuming for apologizing to the pirate. «I mean, what more could he want? I offered Ilium and the title as Lord and King, and he'll just consider it!» she threw herself on the bed, burying her face in the pillows and screamed.

Rowan clamped his lips together to keep from laughing. «Don't you think you're overreacting just a little bit?»

She didn't bother to answer him, just growled into the pillow. Rowan looked at the clock atop the dresser, almost seven. He rose from the bed, stretching his arms above his head. Aelin peeked up to see what he was doing when he stuffed his feet into his boots. «Where are you going?» she asked, and frowned up at him.

He leaned over the bed and ruffled her hair. «I've got something I need to do.» he simply said, then headed towards the door.

«What is it?» she sat up and crossed her legs.

He just smiled at her, and sent a cool breeze to caress her neck. «I'll tell you later.» then he waved at her and left before she could any more questions.

_______________________________________

Aelin stared at the closed door with pursed lips. The anger and humiliation for apologizing was still riding her, and wrecking havoc on her mood. She stuck her tongue out at the door, and at the mate who had just walked out on her.

She had meant it. If Rolfe says no then she'll burn his entire stupid island, until there was nothing more than just rocks and ashes left of it. She exhaled sharply through her nose, smoke rolled out as she did. She climbed out of bed and shrugged on her jacket, maybe a walk would cool her temper.

Stomping over to the door, she wrenched it open and froze as she almost crashed into Galan. «Ah, I just came to ask if you wanted to go for a walk.» he said, and smiled at her.

«Fine.» she grumbled.

They walked in silence along a long stretch of beach. From the corner of her eye she could see Galan struggling to keep a straight face, constantly fighting off a smile on his lips. This only fueled her already pissy mood, no one seemed to understand how much this irked her. Not even Rowan, which stung more so than anything else.

The beach curved around the island, and the town was now out of sight. The stars blinked down at her from the cloudless night, even they seemed joyous this night. Aelin pursed her lips and stared angrily down at the sand and kicked it, spraying sand in front of her. Galan glanced at her, then grabbed her arm forcing her to stop and face him.

He was probably going to lecture on how childish her behaviour was... The thought had her fuming even more.

«I need to put this over your eyes now.» he said and held up a piece of cloth, a blindfold.

«Why?» she asked drily, and narrowed her eyes at him.

«Just trust me.» a smile bloomed on his face. She sighed heavily and shrugged.

He tied the blindfold over her eyes, secured it and made sure she couldn't see anything at all. He took her hand and lead her further down the beach, then helped her climb up some rocks, then down again on the other side.

«Count to 30, then take it off.» he whispered close to her ear, then he let go of her hand and went back the way they had come from.

While she stood there silently counting. With her arms crossed and lips pursed, she tried sniffing the air to get any hint to what was going on. But she sensed nothing.

The wind changed direction, swarming her senses with the scent of... chocolate cake? She ripped of the blindfold and blinked at the scene before her.

A blanket was spread on the ground, covered with two sets of plates and wineglasses. Between the plates were a delicious looking cake and a bottle of wine. Three thick candles lit up the area, cascading the little cove with a lovely flickering light.

Rowan stood to the side of the blanket, hands clasped behind his back and a mischievous smile on his face and a glint in his eyes. For a moment all she could do was stand there, jaw slack and eyes staring. Rowan walked over to her, brushed a strand of hair away from her face then kissed her slowly.

Her heart fluttered when she gazed into those lovely pine green eyes, and silver lined her eyes as she finally realized what was going on. She threw her arms around him, crushing her body against his and buried her face against his neck.

«I've wanted to do this for some time now,» he withdrew from the embrace, grabbed her hand and tugged her towards the blanket. «I got you your favourite cake, chocolate hazelnut.»

She bit her lip. «Rowan, I... I don't know what to say.» a large smile bloomed on her face, and she shook her head. «This is amazing, thank you so much.» a tear escaped her eye and he quickly wiped it away.

«I'll do anything to see that beautiful smile on your face, my love.» he said, then sat down on the blanket and carved out a piece of cake. She sat down close beside him, leaning against his shoulder.

He lifted the plate with the cake, stabbed a fork into it then brought it up to her mouth. She bit over it, and moaned as the delicious taste of chocolate spread throughout her mouth. She grinned up at her mate, and slowly all her anger from earlier floated away as she gazed into his love filled eyes.

For hours they sat there, eating cake, gazing at the stars, talked about what their future may look like and drank the wine. When the cake had been devoured, and the wine was emptied, they just lay there. Aelin rested her head on his chest, her hand tracing the muscles on his abdomen.

She twisted her head to look up at him, and found him already staring at her. «If you keep touching me like that, Aelin, there won't be any rest for you tonight.» he said, voice a bit strained.

She inched her hand a bit lower, while gazing into his eyes. «Like this?» she whispered. «What if I don't want to rest?» Rowan sucked in a breath when she reached her target and grabbed it. She reached into her well of magic, then gave him a rueful grin before incinerating their clothes. «Oops.» she said innocently.

He growled and rolled over, leaning over her on his elbows. A soft, chill breeze tickled her skin, and blew the ashes away so that he could see her. He slowly traced his fingers down her shoulder, down over her perked breast. Her breath hitched at the touch, and a near silent moan escaped her lips.

His fingers continued to touch her skin, stroking, feeling, sending sparks shooting through her. He leaned over her and exhaled, sending a wave of cold air down on her chest shortly followed by a series of kisses. Aelin arched her back, and tipped her head back exposing herself, giving him free reign to touch and kiss her.

«Rowan» she gasped as his canines scraped the nape of her neck, and she felt him shudder with restraint. She tread her fingers into his hair, guiding him down. Embers burst out around her as he worked his way down to her chest, then lower. She gasped and grabbed the blanket in tight fists, but the blanket was soon ash on the wind as well when more flames surged out of her.

Rowan rose to his knees, looking over the woman before him. Her hair splayed out in a golden halo around, glowing with embers and dancing flames. Blue and gold eyes filled with ravenous hunger met his, and he slowly began to work his way up her body once more. Each moan and gasp she emitted sent roaring pleasure through him, fueling his venture and exploration.

She grabbed both sides of his face and pulled him to meet hers so that she could kiss him deeply. He groaned when her tongue touched his, as the taste of her filled his very being, his soul. Wind began roaring around them, dancing and mingling with the fires that raged across the sands.

«Aelin» her name a mere whisper on his lips, and the wind made the flames rise higher into to the sky.

«Yes» she breathed out, and that was all he needed. Her nails dug into his back, and the fires shot into the sky, twisting and turning. The fire and winds danced as one, surged and crackled with the rhythm. Aelin threw her head back as she reached her limit, and Rowan bit into her neck right by the shoulders.

The winds and fires slowly descended from the sky until it dissipated completely, and they were swept in darkness with only the moon and stars as light. Aelin panted, still gripping her mate tightly where he lay on top of her. The two puncture wounds on her neck slowly knitted together when rose up and leaned on his elbow, and cupped her face with his free hand.

He too seemed a bit out of breath, and for a moment he said nothing, just stared lovingly into her eyes. A happy smile spread on Aelin's face, then she laughed. «I love you, Rowan. Now and always, to whatever end.»

A beautiful smile spread across his face, a smile she would forever remember. «I love you too, Aelin. For as long as I live, and into the world beyond, to whatever end.» he said and leaned his forehead against hers, never looking away from her eyes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.9K 566 35
Aelin Ashryver Whitethorn Galathynius roared her wrath to the stars, her magic flaring around her in a pillar of fire. Rowan's own blood pounded in h...
1.4K 49 1
This is a POST Empire of Storms one shot. So.... SPOILER ALERT! SPOILERS AHEAD! WARNING: some dark themes All rights go to Sarah J. Maas Happy read...
37.4K 1.6K 28
In which a thief and an assassin learn that they are so much more than the masks that they wear [TOG - KOA] [EVENTUAL (SARDOTHIEN) OC X CANON! MALE]
52K 796 31
It is a rowaelin fanfic set after the events of Kingdom of Ash. I do not own Throne of Glass or any other of Sarah J. Maas books. All of these amazin...