Transformers: A Matter of Fate

Oleh Cman710

Post-Age of Extinction. *MAJOR SPOILERS WITHIN* Soon after the battle of Hong Kong, Hound crosses paths with... Lebih Banyak

THE AFTERMATH
THE RUN-IN
SHELTER AND WORRIES
FEELINGS
A CHANGE OF PLANS
TALENT AND QUESTIONS
A DANGER IN THEIR MIDST
NO CHOICE LEFT
MAKING PLANS
THE ARRIVAL
NERVES AND ANNOYANCES
SECRETS AND STORIES
FASCINATION AND BONDS
GUARDIANS AND SNAKES
GRIEF AND A CONFESSION
FRIENDS AND TEACHERS
ADDRESING AN ISSUE
SMALL FRUSTRATIONS AND BIG TROUBLE
WORRIES AND GOOD NEWS
A GROWING FONDNESS
JOKES AND CELEBRATION
A DAY TO REMEMBER
FLIRTATIONS AND RIDES
EMERGENCY SITUATION
BOLD MOVES AND REMINDERS
CATCHING UP AND A SURPRISE
QUESTIONING AND FAMILY
MEMORIES
DISTRUST
THE RETURN OF OPTIMUS PRIME
FRUSTRATIONS AND SUSPICIONS
CHANCES AND GIRLS
STUBBORNNESS AND GUARDIANS
FUN AND PANIC
THE CHASE
A SENSE OF BELONGING
BROTHERLY HELP
SO YOU WANT TO GO ON A DATE?
ADVICE AND COLD FEET
THE REDHEAD
TECHIES AND STRESS
THREATS AND DECISIONS
SUSPENSION AND A VISIT
A NEW LIAISON AND A NEW AGREEMENT
DEVASTATION
SHARING AND SPARRING
PLANS
MEET THE FAMILY
HONESTY AND REVELATIONS
FEARS AND DISCUSSIONS
PROMISES AND THERAPISTS
TAKING A TROPHY
TO MAKE A STAND
THE BATTLE OF DALLAS: PART 1
THE BATTLE OF DALLAS: PART 2
THE BATTLE OF DALLAS: PART 3
THE BATTLE OF DALLAS: PART 4
THE BATTLE OF DALLAS: END
AT LAST
DECISIONS
EPILOGUE

NEEDED HELP

311 17 9
Oleh Cman710

CHAPTER 34

Needed Help

Hound hated long missions, especially when they lasted the day. After a day of hard fought battle against the Decepticons, the sounds of the base were welcome to him. It may have been a hypocritical thought, as he loved the rush of battle, but lately he had more to miss out there. He hadn't even seen Mark that morning, having left him under the watchful eyes of NEST Personnel and equally watchful optics of Sideswipe. He quickly checked his internal clock and noted, with relief, that it wasn't too late, and not past the boy's designated bedtime, he still, at the very least, had time to visit and enjoy time with his son.

As he drove inside the base, and into the hangar he quickly found Mark. The boy was seated on one of the military vehicles and talking to Sideswipe as they both stared off to the side. Hound didn't even need to look to know that Coulton was there, but as he transformed, his suspicions were confirmed. He gave a faint glare towards the man before approaching the younger Autobot and his charge. "He hasn't said or done anything has he?" Mark stared up and smiled as Hound approached and shook his head "Good, because I'm tired of his slag."

"Grimlock was hanging out earlier, and everyone knows he and I are tight." Mark replied "I'm pretty sure he wasn't going to be saying anything with him around." Hound chuckled in agreement, no doubt Grimlock would eat him for that one "That and Sideswipe kinda made it pretty clear that his blades would skewer him if he tried again."

"Not literally. I just showed 'em off a little." Sideswipe stated at Hound's look of worry "I'm not dumb enough to verbally attack him in any way. I'm pretty sure he'd have all of our afts in jail." Mark smirked a little at his guardian, who seemed to smirk proudly "But still gotta keep doing my job as guardian, right?"

Hound smirked back, nodding in definite agreement. Protecting Mark definitely included protecting him from people like Coulton. Hound turned to Mark and carefully picked up the human, smiling as he held him close to his chest. "So, I suppose today went without incident?" Mark nodded "Good, because I've had a rather long day in the field and I'd rather not deal with aftholes today."

Mark laughed lightly and leaned his head against his foster father's chestplate. He was definitely happy to have Hound around for the first time that day, even if the narrowed eyed Coulton didn't seem to be. "Mostly, anyway." Mark shrugged his shoulders a bit "We had a paintball war, but I mostly got myself washed off. And that was pretty chaotic."

Sideswipe pointed at Mark. "The kids got a nice shot, if he doesn't make it as an artist, maybe he'll be a soldier."

Hound shuddered at the thought of Mark being drawn into their war as a NEST soldier. If it was what Mark wanted, it was something he would fully support no matter what, but he wouldn't be happy. "Nah, not a chance." Mark shook his head "I'm not even a violent kid, I'll leave the fighting to you guys. I mean, I never even want to think much about firing a gun." He then added "I'll stick to learning basic hand-to-hand and sword fighting from you so I can protect myself, thanks."

Hound tried to hide the breath of relief as Mark said that, depositing the boy onto his shoulder. He looked ready to add to the conversation when he heard someone's throat being cleared behind them and turned around slowly to face Coulton. "Can I have a word with the two of you?" Coulton asked in an almost disturbingly calm tone to his voice "Without the hostility for once."

Hound snorted a little at that, finding that hard to believe. But he still crossed his arms, and stared out at the man quietly a moment before speaking. "If you insult me or my son once, this conversation is over." Coulton glared at him, but quickly changed his expression "What is it that you want Mr. Coulton?" Hound clearly strained himself with the formality of the title.

Coulton took a few steps forward, and looked between the two of them. "I've actually been asked to do this by my superiors. Who are incredibly stupid to even make this suggestion." Mark cringed, at least he was insulting someone else for once though "They've been tossing around ideas of how to help your ties with the public. And as it so turns out, there is a charity event taking place soon for kids in foster care." Mark's ears perked up at that "Apparently, they have gotten wind of this bizarre relationship the two of you have..."

"That's one strike." Mark muttered.

"The point being..." Coulton rolled his eyes a bit "That they have asked if you two would be guests of honor at the event. Given how "incredible"," He gave air quotes as he said that "Your story apparently seems to be to them. They're eating up the story of a foster kid being taken in by someone so vastly different as being another species entirely." He explained "They think it will make more people consider fostering, and my superiors think it would definitely help the Autobots public image."

Hound eyed Mark slightly, the guests of honor? That was definitely something very interesting, and while it was coming from Coulton, not a bad thought at all. "I think I'd love to attend." Hound nudged his foster son "Mark?"

"You know I'd do anything to help you guys out."

Coulton's face seemed to change into a look of disappointment. Clearly, this was not something the Decepticon pretender wanted to happen. But all the same, he would blow his cover if he didn't send the "good news" over to his "superiors". "Well, that's great!" Coulton faked, forcing a smile "I'll be sure to pass that along right away." With a quiet "You'll regret it." As he thought quietly about the things he could do to sabatoge it.

Mark turned to Hound slightly. "I don't like the way he reacted to that."

"Me neither." Hound replied politely "But we'll be fine, it'll be fun, and helpful to our cause."

Mark nodded, though deep inside, he hoped that Hound was right.

...

That night, Mark found himself unable to sleep again. He'd slept a few hours away before midnight had come, and almost by impulse he woke up. It was July fifth - his dads birthday, or what would have been his birthday. He turned over onto his side to peer at the picture on his nightstand, which he had finally kept out since Hounds brush with death. It was not alone anymore though, beside it, he had placed a framed picture of Mark and Hound, with himself held in Hound's hand and big smiles on both of their faces during one of their "fun nights". Both were comforting to see, but neither made him feel any better about the fact that it was the first birthday for his father that he wouldn't be celebrating.

"Happy birthday, dad." Mark whispered to himself.

His moping in bed didn't last long however, as he was soon climbing out of bed and exiting his bedroom. The base was mostly silent on the Autobot side, while on the other side he could hear tons of human activity. Mark had always understood that most of the Autobots were in their offices at this time, so it didn't completely surprise him, and he merely tiptoed past Hound's doorway to make his way into the main control room. He was only alone for a minute before a gentle baritone voice made him aware he was not alone. "I thought your designated bedtime was ten o'clock." Mark turned around to face Optimus silently as he entered the room "Why are you not in recharge, Mark?"

Mark wanted to lie, but quickly could not find the words. Something seemed wrong about lying to Optimus, especially with his reputation of being the most honest mech of all. "I can't sleep." Mark crossed his arms, a frown spreading "I guess maybe it was dread about today... Or what's going to be today, I guess." He attempted "It's my dad's birthday..."

Optimus regarded the young human silently, and quietly nodded. "I can imagine how hard something like that must be." Optimus offered "As Sentinel's creation day, too, was a very hard time in my life-cycle. Especially during the period before I knew he still functioned." He explained "But as a youngling, I feel as though it must be a much harder day to accept."

Mark tried to smile, but seemed to fail. "I was just thinking about my dad's birthdays before. We used to go out, just the two of us. Every year, it was different, sometimes a nice dinner, or we'd stay home and have a nice one..." Mark mused "Or we'd go out of town... Like one year, we went to Maui and we went swimming with dolphins."

Optimus found it hard to picture Savoy doing any of these things with a child. Yet he supposed he had seen only one side of James Savoy, the dark side that he wanted desperately to keep hidden from his son. "I see... You two were quite close, weren't you?" Mark nodded absently "I know I have not expressed this before... As I did not have the best relations with your father. But I am deeply sorry for your loss..."

"Thanks." Mark replied "I'm sorry for yours too. All of them." He then added "I still wish I could just go back in time and stop my dad from killing so many of you guys..." He looked up "Especially now that I've gotten to know you guys so well." He explained "Maybe he'd be here to celebrate his birthday. Maybe he'd even have allied with you guys and work for NEST."

Optimus's optics dimmed a little at that. "A fine wish to have." Optimus replied "And yet, to do so you would wish away many things too." He tried his best to point out gently "Your relationship with Hound, your guardian, Sideswipe... Your friendship with Kenny, or the Yeagers... Even Colonel Lennox." Mark was silent, but nodded a bit "It is experiences like that that often remind me of an old human saying "everything happens for a reason"."

Mark was silent, twiddling his thumbs a bit. "I guess that's true. I don't know if I could actually be okay with a world where I didn't know Hound or Sideswipe." Mark shook his head "Or really, any of them." He admitted thoughtfully "I guess I just am not over it yet. It's getting better, but... Whenever he comes up in the smallest of ways I feel like I'm getting my heart ripped out."

"Perhaps, you simply need someone to speak to." Mark looked up at Optimus "Other than Hound, or Sideswipe. Someone who knows how it feels, personally, to be betrayed by a loved one... And yet deal with the mourning for them that you inevitably go through."

Mark took a minute to go over what Optimus was saying. "Are you offering me your shoulder to cry on?"

Optimus looked up the term quietly before finally nodding in confirmation. "I know that you will more than likely go to Hound for such a thing." Optimus explained "And with reason, as he is your legal guardian and caretaker." He added very firmly "But, if you should find yourself in need of advice or guidance during your grieving process... Or just need to speak to someone who fully understands." He paused "My doors are always open to you."

Mark allowed himself to smile at that, his eyes lighting up. The Autobots, and NEST were right, Optimus really was the kindest person he had ever come across next to Hound. He chewed his lip silently, and nodded his head. "Thanks, Optimus." He finally replied softly "I actually think that could really help me..."

"Then I will repeat." Optimus replied, crouching down slightly "My doors are always open to my Autobots." He then added a firm "Always."

Mark felt his heart skip a beat at the realization that the leader did, truly, see him as an Autobot. As the titan of a mech slowly stood to his feet, he looked down upon the boy with a warm smile. "Now, I do believe it is time that you returned to recharge." Optimus told him gently "Hound often checks on you during the evening, and I can imagine he will panic if you're not in bed."

"Right." Mark nodded "Goodnight, Optimus."

"Goodnight, my young friend."

As the mech left, Mark sighed with relief, it did feel good to know Optimus was there for him. To know there was one more person he could go to for guidance when he needed it. And maybe with this newfound knowledge, he would be able to get a good nights sleep after all.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

64 13 11
WHY Y'ALL KEEP READING THE PROOF COPY? Maxwell Foxhound is a spoiled English Foxhound raised by the wealthy Campbells. One unfortunate day, the Campb...
888K 42.3K 39
(BOOK 1) Drew Lyall knew his life would be full of obstacles. It was the fate he shared with all of the Omegas. Even though he knew the unlikelihood...
247K 18.2K 31
After a devastating disease wipes out most of humanity, 16-year-old Cameron MacRiada must survive alone when he misses his scheduled evacuation. ...
511K 14.8K 21
Klynn Blaire was a werewolf with the status of omega. He isn't liked by any and beat up by all, his life was full of shit. His 18th birthday would be...