Game Changer | Lakeview Commu...

Oleh Chisomvincent

[COMPLETED] Lakeview community take their peace and quietness for granted till they harbour a serial killer... Lebih Banyak

Author's Note & Main Characters
Prologue_ A new Identity
Chapter 1: Encounter
Chapter 2:Saviour
Chapter 3: Friendship
Chapter 4: Secrets
Chapter 5: News....not good
Chapter 6: Confrontation
Chapter 7: Call of death
Author's note
Chapter 8: One, two, three..... roll.
Chapter 9: On planet earth.
Chapter 10: Sound of music
Chapter 11: Lies untold
Author's note
Chapter 12: Riddles
Chapter 13: More Riddles
Chapter 14: Lost
Chapter 15: Scars from the past 1
Chapter 16: Scars from the past 2
Chapter 17: Interrogation gone wrong.
Chapter 18: Bigger circle, bigger troubles.
Chapter 19: Unsual deals
Chapter 20: Unaware.
Chapter 22: Captive.
Chapter 23: The Plan
Chapter 24: Interrogation 2
Chapter 25: Interception
Chapter 26: Busted
Chapter 27: Freedom came first.
Not A Chapter
Clues
My libary

Chapter 21: Mission

34 11 0
Oleh Chisomvincent

Tammy's POV

I alight at Lincoln's hotel and the mirror glass doors intimidates me a bit. Lincoln's one of the best hotels in the country and stepping my feet on the pavement I could not but gasp in awe of the wonderful edifice before me.  Walking down to the entrance feels like being in heaven, it's terrace are lined with the prettiest of flowers which I barely know and it's gold-plated oval sliding doors were breathtaking.

If you think the exterior is beautiful you need to get in. The interior is another wonder of its own. Lincoln supposed to appear on the list for the wonders of the world.

I bump into a man while turning back to catch one more look of the golden jar that forms part of the doorway. The rich are just that, rich.

"Miss Egoh."

I turn to the valet who I just passed. "Yes please."

"This way ma'am." he gestures, leading the way to the banquet.

We take the elevator to the sixth floor and the outfits of the other occupants depicts money.
I feel my heart beat faster as each step brings me closer to the hall. I'm really doubtful about this but the girls trust me and I can't let them down, I can't let my father down.

Clutching the key chain on one hand I whisper a small "hello" hoping they hear me.

"You can do this Tam." Nancy says softly.

"What!" I gasp. They never told me I came with another device. I run my hands through my hair and touch the small earphone above my ear. Good thing my mane was puffed out or else.

When was this fixed ?

"Oops...forgot to tell you about that. Twas when I hugged you." Esther laughs.

"You should have told me." I whisper earning a look from the valet.
I just smile and look away.

"And get you chicken out right."

"No no," Nancy adds in the background. "We promise not to get in your way."

"Just shut up and stay out of my head." the last words comes out in a singsong voice.

"Ma'am," the valet push the heavily built doors open and I feel my adrenaline rush in that minute.

I summon courage and walk in aware of the inquisitive eyes staring at me. My type wasn't accepted in places like this and Faye knew it, little wonder why she insisted on me coming.

"I see you made it."

Of course. I need to know how you got into my room, that's if you did.

"Like I have a choice." I huff as she comes to face me.

"Hmmm...well nothing's stopping you from enjoying the party. Don't just try anything stupid." she flips her hair as a handsome young man comes into view.

"Ladies." he dofts an imaginary hat at us, leaning on the side of the bar. His light brown eyes checks me out as his lips curled into a mischievous smile.

Feeling uneasy I excuse myself getting lost amidst the the crowd.

"Damn it girl, you should have let us check him too." Nancy groans through the earphone.

I roll my eyes as I try to juggle between looking for mystery man and fit in with the crowd while shutting her off.

"Tammy."

"I heard you the first time so stay out of my head."

"Fine." the line went dead.

I position myself at a strategic point where I could oversee the activities clearly.
The dinner went on smoothly following the candidate's speech and other frivolities I cared less about.

Our government here is so bad and there's no need for all this. Whoever the godfather wants eventually makes it. The campaign and election are just to fulfil all rightouesness.
Like this stupid dinner in the midst of community chaos, do our leaders have a heart?.

"Excuse me. Can I have a word with you?"

I turn to see Mr handsome by my side sipping a glass of wine.

"Uhm... Me?" I gawk wondering what a rich kid would want from a lowlife like me, especially when queen Faye flirted with him minutes ago.

"Yap." he nods, taking another sip of his drink. "Saw you all by yourself, decided to check up on you. Want a drink?"

So you'll drug me right.

I look up to him and smile. "Thanks but no thanks. I'm fine."

"Oh please,let's get a close look at him... Ouch." I laugh as I imagine Esther slapping her to keep shut.

Nancy is so crazy.

"So what say you?" he uses Shakespeare english to crack me up and he really gets me.

"Alright Mr." I laugh as he cocks his brow.

We step out to the balcony and the gush of wind calms the uneasiness I never knew I felt.

"Relieved?"

"Ya, never been to an official occasion except when my dad was named worker of the year." I rub my temples careful not to reveal the earphone.

"Hmm, I see. You're friends with Faye?" he points to her through the transparent sliding doors.

"Yeah, well I think so." I nod as I watch Faye converse with the elites of the country.

Being the presidential candidate's daughter surely has its specs. Faye was covered for as long as her family's name remains on the news. Only if she were kindhearted, the package would have been complete.

"Hello dear." I sense something wave in from of me.

Regaining consciousness I smile stupidly at him.

"I'm Smith, son of Adejoke Biobaku." he stretches his hand.

The minister's son. Wow.

Mrs. Biobaku Adejoke, the minister of finance was a real high-flying personality. Her strict but humanitarian lifestyle won her the Ovation's woman of the year award and that was just the tip of the iceberg. The Biobaku's were worth billions and any associate was really privileged, and, here was the heir standing with me on the balcony at past seven in the evening. If I were not on a spy mission I'd consider this a consolation from God for my arrest.

"I'm Tamuno, Tamuno Grace Egoh. Nice meeting you." I accept his handshake and oh boy, he's got a firm grip.

"Same here. Why don't I get you a drink. You look flushed."

"Uhm... all right." I stammer. Gosh what is wrong with me, this isn't the first time I'm meeting a 'rich kid', why the stuttering?

"Okay. I'll be right back." I watch him leave and sight someone tailing him to the bar.

That's odd. On a second thought it could be his body guard.

Keeping my eyes on him I rest on the balcony and barely notice when someone slides a piece of note under my palm.

"What's that?" I'm about to ask before seeing a hooded figure retreating among the tons of people.

That's creepy.

I quickly open the note and squeak as I read the bloody note.

The dent signifies the earth, the earth accepts the dirt...

People within rush to the balcony but I run from their questions trying to track the messenger of doom. No way was I letting another person fall a victim.

"What happened?" a hand grabs me, raising mine to hit the person I stop midway realizing it's Smith.

"Let me go. Please." I scream as his grip becomes tighter.

"What's wrong with you?"

I ignore his question as I see the hooded guy round a corner tilting his head to give me a sly smile.

"We saw that too." Esther whispers with fear in her voice.

Releasing myself from his grip I run outside, taking the stairs in favour of the elevator. Unwanted attention has been added to my blacklist of recent so I don't bother as I rush down the stairs hitting people in the process.

"Hey stop." I scream on seeing him. He pause to drop a note before running off.

Panting I get to the note and pick it up.

The dirt is Gozie.

A/n
I didn't see that. Don't kill me yet. See you next Friday. 😘😘

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

33.7K 2.1K 46
Secrets are hard to keep. They're even harder to keep when you don't know what they are. Nina's life was flipped upside down when she witnessed her f...
42.4K 7K 44
[Featured on @Mystery's Bright Young Minds Reading List] [Bootcamp Mentorship Winner '22] This Valentine's Day, Cupid gets a little deadly. *** When...
2.2K 532 30
When we talk about Anais Oku, we use words like academic prodigy, athletic star, and profound genius. There's a single word that can be used to summa...
1.1K 32 56
"He is talking to me. Why can't you understand?" "Easter, the dead don't talk to the living!" "Oh well, then maybe he's not dead. Or maybe I am not l...